PDA

View Full Version : Guess Whos Back? Back Again? Shady's Back! Tell a Friend!

TyphoonThaReapa
03-13-2008, 03:54 PM
A'yo, yesterday, I heard the Eminem is coming out with a new album! I was psyched as soon as I heard it over the radio, yes I was listening to the radio and I had no choice believe me. Anyway, I think it's true. If so, I can't wait to see what he'll think of next!:cool:

Renmiri
03-13-2008, 03:58 PM
Yay, love his songs! Have you ever heard Plan B ?

YouTube - Plan B - Kidz (Acoustic) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCwoa30iD1s)

TyphoonThaReapa
03-13-2008, 04:05 PM
Yay, love his songs! Have you ever heard Plan B ?

YouTube - Plan B - Kidz (Acoustic) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCwoa30iD1s)

I like his lyrics. It's real tight and his a point. He's not bad, but out of his league next to Eminem. Let thee truth be known...:rolleyes2

Roto13
03-13-2008, 04:09 PM
Ugh. I thought he was supposed to retire or something. God, I hate him.

TyphoonThaReapa
03-13-2008, 04:13 PM

Lol, well, when your a Hip Hop artist, your never retired...:cool:

Raebus
03-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Oh god.

Thats all I have to say about this. The link renmiri posted offended my ears.

Old Manus
03-13-2008, 04:18 PM
hai gaiz lets bash rap for the millionth time lololol

Eminem fell off with Encore. Best lyricist ever though.

escobert
03-13-2008, 04:19 PM
I like his older stuff. I've not been a big fan of his music after the Marshal Mathers LP.

TyphoonThaReapa
03-13-2008, 04:21 PM
I like his older stuff. I've not been a big fan of his music after the Marshal Mathers LP.

I agree, his older stuff was better, but I still like his albums after Marshall Mathers LP. Although, he could have done Encore better...:rolleyes2

Renmiri
03-13-2008, 04:32 PM
I like his lyrics. It's real tight and his a point. He's not bad, but out of his league next to Eminem. Let thee truth be known...:rolleyes2
Yeah, agreed

Oh god.

Thats all I have to say about this. The link renmiri posted offended my ears.
:eek: nooooo :cry:
Meh... no accounting for taste :p

Best lyricist ever though.

:love: Agreed :)

Breine
03-13-2008, 06:56 PM

I don't hate him, but I'm pretty tired of him.

I bet that the first video is gonna be a gimmick/funny/mock video as usual, and then the rest are gonna be "I hate my mom/ex-wife/life/whatever", "Leave me alone" or something like that.

scrumpleberry
03-13-2008, 07:10 PM

I bet that the first video is gonna be a gimmick/funny/mock video as usual, and then the rest are gonna be "I hate my mom/ex-wife/life/whatever", "Leave me alone" or something like that.

Yyyyup. He's good, but there have been - and most probably will be - much better hip-hop artists.

TyphoonThaReapa
03-13-2008, 07:15 PM

Yyyyup. He's good, but there have been - and most probably will be - much better hip-hop artists.

Is that so? Well, could you name some that are alive?

Hazzard
03-13-2008, 07:16 PM
The album's called King Mathers, it's getting released pretty soon. Boy, you guys are late...

For future reference Dre's album Detox is coming out in June, jesus christ man get with the times..

Breine
03-13-2008, 07:16 PM

Definitely M.I.A., but Missy Elliott, Snoop Dogg and Kanye West also come to mind.

M.I.A. is a genius, though.

escobert
03-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Nas, Jin, Az, Quan and Talib Kweli. KRS ONE is still out makin stuff and Rakim has a album commin out this year.

TyphoonThaReapa
03-13-2008, 07:25 PM
The album's called King Mathers, it's getting released pretty soon. Boy, you guys are late...

For future reference Dre's album Detox is coming out in June, jesus christ man get with the times..

Actually, I already have King Mathers and that's an old album. I'm talk brand new Hazzard...:cool:

Definitely M.I.A., but Missy Elliott, Snoop Dogg and Kanye West also come to mind.

...Your joking right?:rolleyes2

Edit: Now Bert has some good competition in his post...

Breine
03-13-2008, 07:28 PM

Actually, I already have King Mathers and that's an old album. I'm talk brand new Hazzard...:cool:

...Your joking right?:rolleyes2:

No, I'm not. I like the ones I mentioned much, much better than Eminem, and M.I.A. is actually one of my absolute favourite artists.

TyphoonThaReapa
03-13-2008, 07:31 PM

...Your joking right?:rolleyes2:

No, I'm not. I like the ones I mentioned much, much better than Eminem, and M.I.A. is actually one of my absolute favourite artists.

Ok M.I.A. I'd give reason of a doubt, but Missy, Snoop, and Kanye? Please. They couldn't keep up with Eminem if they had a head start...:rolleyes2

Breine
03-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Kanye and Missy have always put very well-produced hip-hop music out there, and the fact that Missy is a woman that raps about sex just as much as her male counterparts, if not more, is interesting and fresh to me.

..And Snoop has always been quite innovative, and the essence of cool in my opinion.

TyphoonThaReapa
03-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Kanye and Missy have always put very well-produced hip-hop music out there, and the fact that Missy is a woman that raps about sex just as much as her male counterparts, if not more, is interesting and fresh to me.

..And Snoop has always been quite innovative, and the essence of cool in my opinion.

I don't judge based on record sells, production, gender, or anything of the sort. I judge based on skill. And Eminem has enough skill to take all of them in a rap battle. But, until that really happens, this is only my opinion after all...:rolleyes2

LunarWeaver
03-13-2008, 09:37 PM
You could do worse than Eminem. He typically writes songs about an actual subject at least. It's sad that's special for a such a large and mainstream artist, but it is. Except for that whole first single which is stupid fluff, but other than that.

I've actually liked quite a few of his songs.

Sergeant Hartman
03-13-2008, 10:33 PM
Heard about this ages ago. I don't like the sound of all the new rappers being featured on the album, Em's just good on his own.

TyphoonThaReapa
03-13-2008, 10:41 PM
Heard about this ages ago. I don't like the sound of all the new rappers being featured on the album, Em's just good on his own.

Hmmm...I didn't know he'd have some new artist on the album to...Man I hope they don't kill the album...Well, at least I know no one from So So Def or Murder Inc. is going to be on there. But still...

Sergeant Hartman
03-13-2008, 10:44 PM
It will need less 50 Cent and more Dre.

TyphoonThaReapa
03-13-2008, 10:47 PM

Man, I wish Roysta-59 and D12 was still cool. Roysta was as good as Eminem. Probably even better...

Big D
03-13-2008, 10:49 PM
While I don't much like the man, I've got to respect Eminem's lyrical ability and writing talent. Without Me remains, in my mind, one of the best examples of the genre - combining social commentary, personal grandstanding, scathing humour and improbably ingenious rhymes. It'll be interesting to see what he comes out with on this new album... I've noticed an increasing trend for hip-hop artists to detour into something with more of an R&B feel.

Polaris
03-13-2008, 10:52 PM
I won't buy the cd but I'm curious to see some songs! he's the only hip hop artist I still have some respect for :) Even my mom likes some of his songs! :)

Sergeant Hartman
03-13-2008, 10:52 PM

Man, I wish Roysta-59 and D12 was still cool. Roysta was as good as Eminem. Probably even better...
Yeah I dunno what happened with Roysta, but D12 are bringing out an album this year aswell, I think.

TyphoonThaReapa
03-13-2008, 11:00 PM

Yeah I dunno what happened with Roysta, but D12 are bringing out an album this year aswell, I think.

Well, It's good to see that D12 still has to heart to make records. Proof, may his soul rest in peace, was a hard loss...

And I know where you coming from Big D son...

Old Manus
03-13-2008, 11:01 PM
Royce Da 5'9"

Get it right homies.

Ouch!
03-13-2008, 11:04 PM
My high school journalism teacher used Eminem's lyrics as an example when introducing students poetry in his sophomore English classes. I respect Eminem in the same way Big D does. I'm not a fan of his music, but I can acknowledge its brilliance.

Sergeant Hartman
03-13-2008, 11:07 PM
Royce Da 5'9"

Get it right homies.
I only did it cause you'd comment about it :hat:

TyphoonThaReapa
03-13-2008, 11:11 PM
Royce Da 5'9"

Get it right homies.

My bad son! I stand corrected...:rolleyes2

Vivisteiner
03-13-2008, 11:17 PM
Guess who's back. Back again.
Steiner's back. Tell Vivi.
Tell Vivi, tell Vivi, tell Vivi, tell Vivi, tell Vivi, tell Vivi, tell Vivi...

NA-NA-NA-QUI-QUI-QUI-QUI-QUI-NA

TyphoonThaReapa
03-13-2008, 11:24 PM
Guess who's back. Back again.
Steiner's back. Tell Vivi.
Tell Vivi, tell Vivi, tell Vivi, tell Vivi, tell Vivi, tell Vivi, tell Vivi...

Lol...

Big D
03-13-2008, 11:49 PM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-archive/22138-without-spam-greatest-song-parody-ever-self-proclaimed.html

TyphoonThaReapa
03-14-2008, 12:08 AM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-archive/22138-without-spam-greatest-song-parody-ever-self-proclaimed.html

Holy smurf that was epic!!!:cool:

Ouch!
03-14-2008, 12:10 AM
It's been far too long since I've read that. xD

Vivisteiner
03-14-2008, 12:29 AM
I still think my version was better. ;)

But seriously though, that was huuuuuuuuuge!

Ryth
03-14-2008, 08:01 PM
I always felt he was a very talented artist brought down by trying to keep mainstream and I'm really not excited for anything he can give us after he released the miserable Encore album. He is insanely overrated, but he doesn't suck.

Breine
03-16-2008, 01:01 AM

I don't judge based on record sells, production, gender, or anything of the sort. I judge based on skill. And Eminem has enough skill to take all of them in a rap battle. But, until that really happens, this is only my opinion after all...:rolleyes2

Yeah, but that's it. I don't necessarily judge on skill, but rather artistry. An example: If I were like you I'd be a fan of e.g. Celine Dion because, let's face it, she's an incredibly skilled singer, but I'd much rather listen to e.g. PJ Harvey (who's a very creative and talented artist) even though Celine would kick her ass in a technical singing competition.

I'm not saying that Eminem is not a talented rapper and such, but I just don't really like his music that much as e.g. Missy Elliott. What I'm saying is that technical skill isn't necessarily the best argument when it comes to music.

Spawn of Sephiroth
03-18-2008, 05:58 AM

ljkkjlcm9
03-18-2008, 06:17 AM
I don't know why everyone prefers his earlier CD's. Those were the ones were he was miserable and saying screw the world and everyone. His later CD's he just makes fun of everyone and everything, and he just doesn't care anymore. I much prefer that to being Emo.

THE JACKEL

Nominus Experse
03-18-2008, 06:42 AM
If only he would have simply of become a poet or some such thing instead of a rapper...

Hazzard
03-18-2008, 06:38 PM
If only he would have simply of become a poet or some such thing instead of a rapper...

Please elaborate. There's nothing wrong with being a rapper, name me one reason why he should of been a poet instead?

NeoCracker
03-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Pre-Encore I only liked a handful of his songs.

Cleaning out my Closet, Without me, Stan, and a few others.

I actually found Encore to be the best album he released. Songs like Mosh, Mocking Bird, and some of the others were terrific to me.

Ryth
03-19-2008, 12:29 AM

Please elaborate. There's nothing wrong with being a rapper, name me one reason why he should of been a poet instead?

Because his music suffers greatly from :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty commerical beats and lame choruses.

Old Manus
03-19-2008, 12:37 AM
As opposed to no beats or choruses, and indeed, no sound whatsoever

Ryth
03-19-2008, 02:01 AM
He would've been a lot better with some decent production, in my opinion. I don't necessarily agree with Nominus, but I see what he means.

Assuming Nominus' post wasn't just trolling, anyway.

Nominus Experse
03-19-2008, 02:56 AM
Ryth basically spoke for me.

What I mean to say is that I appreciate the lyrical methodology of Eminem, and have found that many of his lyrics are founded in the wonderful vein of poetry. But they begin to decay once the other elements are added into the "musical production", which can be anything from recursive beats and popular influences to simply leading into a bland, tasteless foray of popular music.

And no, Hazzard, there is nothing wrong with being rapper, and it was rather inane of you to extrapolate such a thing from my post.

In short, what I am saying is that if he had been a poet, I would read and likely enjoy his poetry. But as it stands, he is a rapper - a popular one at that - and with such a title and "acting position", he has lost much of the lyrical genius to the surrounding affairs of that particular musical genre's nature of today.

I could say the same of a select few other rappers, but we are speaking of Eminem at the moment.

Ryth
03-19-2008, 03:08 AM
And no, Hazzard, there is nothing wrong with being rapper, and it was rather inane of you to extrapolate such a thing from my post.

I think we can forgive Hazzard for that, considering how much needless, stupid hate the rap genre has gotten here on EoFF. Overall, it is one of the more polarizing genres today anyway.

I more or less agree with your stance, Eminem has powerful lyrics but everything else is bland and annoying (a position I have previously made clear). Instead of him being a poet in the traditional sense, I'd rather him just get some decent beats going on. Now I really don't listen to Eminem outside of nostalgic purposes, I used to really be into him. Now it's all just Liquid Swords and Organized Konfusion, baby.

Shlup
03-19-2008, 05:07 AM
Eminem amuses the hell outta me. I'll download it.

TyphoonThaReapa
03-19-2008, 05:43 AM
Ryth basically spoke for me.

What I mean to say is that I appreciate the lyrical methodology of Eminem, and have found that many of his lyrics are founded in the wonderful vein of poetry. But they begin to decay once the other elements are added into the "musical production", which can be anything from recursive beats and popular influences to simply leading into a bland, tasteless foray of popular music.

In short, what I am saying is that if he had been a poet, I would read and likely enjoy his poetry. But as it stands, he is a rapper - a popular one at that - and with such a title and "acting position", he has lost much of the lyrical genius to the surrounding affairs of that particular musical genre's nature of today.

I could say the same of a select few other rappers, but we are speaking of Eminem at the moment.

Actually, I know exactly where your coming from. And honestly, I won't argue with your views and opinions. The only thing I have to say is that almost nothing is entirely perfect. But even if most of you guys dislike Eminem or the entire genre of Rap/Hip Hop for that matter, it doesn't mean that it will disappear off the face of the Earth. With that being said, I'm still going to get Eminem's new CD when it comes out and try my best to enjoy it.:cool: