PDA

View Full Version : Not Smurf!!! I wanna say the "F" word!!!

TyphoonThaReapa
03-14-2008, 12:12 AM
A'yo, who else besides me have gotten so use to the word smurf that they actually replace the "F" word with it sometimes in real life?

Araciel
03-14-2008, 12:12 AM
Oh hell fuck no.

Dammit.

TyphoonThaReapa
03-14-2008, 12:14 AM
Oh hell smurf no.

Dammit.

Gotta smurfin' hate that...Dammit! There it is again...:rolleyes2

rubah
03-14-2008, 12:16 AM
I do it on purpose sometimes.

Ouch!
03-14-2008, 12:18 AM
I do it on purpose sometimes.
Whenever I do it on purpose, my friends get confused.

Elly
03-14-2008, 12:19 AM
i've been doing it for a while but i think i started it because of Family Guy, or was it Robot Chicken, i don't really remember what started it anymore, i bet it was Family Guy though...

Quindiana Jones
03-14-2008, 12:22 AM
I have, yes.

I think I need to stop going on EoFF. :(

Araciel
03-14-2008, 12:26 AM
I have, yes.

I think I need to stop going on EoFF. :(

I don't think you'll find anyone who disagrees.

Momiji
03-14-2008, 12:27 AM
Because of this site, the word 'smurf' is a common word on my tongue. It is now a common word for me.

~*~Celes~*~
03-14-2008, 12:30 AM
lol, wouldn't surprise me if I started saying that :p

Vivisteiner
03-14-2008, 12:31 AM
I do use smurf and my friends smurfing hate me for it.

Jess
03-14-2008, 12:38 AM
It has never slipped out in real life, thankfully. :jess:

TyphoonThaReapa
03-14-2008, 12:43 AM
It has never slipped out in real life, thankfully. :jess:

Your smurfin' lucky...:cool:

KentaRawr!
03-14-2008, 01:05 AM
Maybe I'll start using that. Heh. What the fuck, I'll use it right now!

Edit: There sure is a lot of fucking going on in this room.

Cz
03-14-2008, 01:07 AM
No, but I'm so used to the F word that it often replaces other words. :greenie:

XxSephirothxX
03-14-2008, 01:08 AM
I enjoy and use the F-bomb far too much to ever replace it with a word like smurf.

Elly
03-14-2008, 01:19 AM
i on occasion like to replace curse words with "crackers" as well, it never fails to illicit a double-take... that's the fault of Venture Bros. though, i love how Hank replaces all his curse words with Crackers and Buttons and the like...

TyphoonThaReapa
03-14-2008, 01:23 AM
I enjoy and use the F-bomb far too much to ever replace it with a word like smurf.

I wouldn't quite say "replace". More like, using it unconsciously or purposely...

Nominus Experse
03-14-2008, 01:31 AM
No, never.

Which is one reason why many of my posts read FUCK, when in actuality that fuck is all in caps.

Vyk
03-14-2008, 01:53 AM
Well that's just smurfing smurfy... :[

Yamaneko
03-14-2008, 01:56 AM
No.

Big D
03-14-2008, 02:17 AM
I know a girl who uses 'smurf' instead of the other word in real life... she was a bit disappointed when I told her there was a forum that had been doing the same thing for a couple of years already:p

Rostum
03-14-2008, 02:49 AM
Hey, you have a good time last night?
Smurf'tacular!
Yeah I saw you leave with Smurfet
Man as soon as we left the bar, she started smurfing me...
Shut the smurf up!
Yeah!
Right in the smurfing parking lot?!
Smurf yeah!
Oh, that is freakin' smurf...

Big D
03-14-2008, 02:52 AM
That's what inspired the EoFF smurf filter, actually:p

Brennan
03-14-2008, 03:22 AM
Hey, you have a good time last night?
Smurf'tacular!
Yeah I saw you leave with Smurfet
Man as soon as we left the bar, she started smurfing me...
Shut the smurf up!
Yeah!
Right in the smurfing parking lot?!
Smurf yeah!
Oh, that is freakin' smurf...

Smurfin smurfs :rolleyes2

The Ceej
03-14-2008, 04:04 AM
I do it in places where I could get in trouble for using the real word. Like at work.

oddler
03-14-2008, 05:09 AM
No, but I'm so used to the F word that it often replaces other words. :greenie:

and

KH-Cloudy
03-14-2008, 07:00 AM
Yes, I use smurf a lot now. :(

Montoya
03-14-2008, 08:18 AM
Me and some friends started replacing the F word with the word gliff after gliff was put in a state test as a word that could mean anything. In the questions you had to guess what the word meant based on the rest of the sentence. We then started calling each other gliffin mothergliffers, annd talked about who gliffed who. We got the meaning of the word in the sentence instantly. :p

Jojee
03-14-2008, 08:25 AM
I do that! :love:

Blue Harvest
03-14-2008, 04:20 PM
I can see myself replacing the F word with smurf now thanks to all of you :p

Croyles
03-14-2008, 04:23 PM
Better than fracking.

Shoeberto
03-14-2008, 04:28 PM
No, but I often see the word smurf completely out of context of EoFF or its members and think someone is trying to replace the f word.

Balzac
03-14-2008, 04:33 PM
No, I don't. That's be fucking stupid to do.

Elly
03-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Frackin' frack, lol, i love that one, Cyberpunk Culture rules, gotta love William Gibson for that... i got my partner into saying that one a lot, then Battlestar Galactica started to air where they used it a lot and it became even more common, i kinda liked it before BSG though when not that many ppl have heard it before...

Selena_Akariko
03-14-2008, 06:57 PM
No, but I often see the word smurf completely out of context of EoFF or its members and think someone is trying to replace the f word.
Lol, same with me ^^ There was a song on YouTube about addiction to eBay, and when it said "A Smurf TV tray" I was like "What the?!" And then I remembered that there's a cartoon about small blue dwarves called smurfs ^^"""

:save: Selena

scrumpleberry
03-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Nope, fraid not. There are certain words which are very satisfying substitutes...PEANUTS is the only one which comes to mind immediately, it's more on the spur of the moment that I think of them.

The Ceej
03-14-2008, 07:06 PM
Lol, same with me ^^ There was a song on YouTube about addiction to eBay, and when it said "A Smurf TV tray" I was like "What the?!" And then I remembered that there's a cartoon about small blue dwarves called smurfs ^^"""

Selena

That's a song by "Weird Al" Yankovic from his 2003 album, Poodle Hat. If it was on YouTube, someone stole it because there never was a video to it.

Big D
03-15-2008, 12:26 AM
Some of my historical re-enactor friends have Saxon hats known informally as "smurf hats" because of their shape...
The name can cause the occasional double-take if I'm not paying attention.

Hambone
03-15-2008, 12:59 AM
I use smurf in everyday life. And now, so do my friends. :bigsmile:

Zeldy
03-15-2008, 01:20 AM
I rarely ever swear, and I wouldn't want to look like a freak by saying 'smurf' anyway. I just don't see the point in swearing, especially in girls, it just sounds disgusting.

Cookie
03-15-2008, 01:25 AM
A'yo, who else besides me have gotten so use to the word smurf that they actually replace the "F" word with it sometimes in real life?

No, when smurf comes up, I'm still typing the f word. My mouth doesn't have a word filter on it. The only reason you should be using smurf in real life is if you actually type smurf, and who the fuck does that?

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-15-2008, 01:34 AM
I don't swear anyway, but I do say it mentally

TyphoonThaReapa
03-15-2008, 01:41 AM

No, when smurf comes up, I'm still typing the f word. My mouth doesn't have a word filter on it. The only reason you should be using smurf in real life is if you actually type smurf, and who the smurf does that?

Well excuse me Cookie. Excuse me from purposely saying smurf instead of fuck. To tell the truth, I only say smurf when I want a good laugh because it's fuckin' funny...:cool:

Quindiana Jones
03-15-2008, 01:43 AM
Smurf is funner to say than fuck, anyway.

TyphoonThaReapa
03-15-2008, 01:45 AM
What the big smurfin' deal? It doesn't hurt anybody! Smurf Smurfity smurf smurf smurf!:cool:

Cookie
03-15-2008, 01:53 AM
Seems pretty contradictory to the thread title. ;[

TyphoonThaReapa
03-15-2008, 02:03 AM
Seems pretty contradictory to the thread title. ;[

Yep, that's me. Unpresmurfindictable...:cool:

Selena_Akariko
03-15-2008, 06:56 PM

Selena

That's a song by "Weird Al" Yankovic from his 2003 album, Poodle Hat. If it was on YouTube, someone stole it because there never was a video to it.
Oh, right ^^ Well, that was a fan-made video, anyway, and I think they gave credit...

:save: Selena

The Ceej
03-15-2008, 07:18 PM
The thing is, by changing f*** to smurf, you're not really changing anything. Right after I left my church and I was trying to figure out what I believed, I tried a Baptist church that was really against cussing. However, they said, "drat" all the time. I stood up one time and said, "You know, when you say, 'drat,' that's the same as my saying, 'damn.' You mean the same thing by it. You use it in the same context. You cannot tell me that drat is okay and damn is not. Either they're both okay or neither is. They're just words."

Same with f*** and smurf. Either they're both okay or neither is. Smurf does not have more integrity as a word than f***. It's as simple as that

TyphoonThaReapa
03-15-2008, 10:37 PM
The thing is, by changing f*** to smurf, you're not really changing anything. Right after I left my church and I was trying to figure out what I believed, I tried a Baptist church that was really against cussing. However, they said, "drat" all the time. I stood up one time and said, "You know, when you say, 'drat,' that's the same as my saying, 'damn.' You mean the same thing by it. You use it in the same context. You cannot tell me that drat is okay and damn is not. Either they're both okay or neither is. They're just words."

Same with f*** and smurf. Either they're both okay or neither is. Smurf does not have more integrity as a word than f***. It's as simple as that
Asmurfinmen brotha!:cool:

Blue Harvest
03-17-2008, 12:59 PM
I said smurf instead of the F word on msn earlier ;_;

DAMN YOU ALL!

Bakamut
03-17-2008, 01:29 PM
I haven't been on this forum long enough to start accidentally saying smurf, but I don't think that I ever would... I'm too used to dropping the f-bomb and it's just a part of everyday speech to me. I've never been able to understand how swear words are offensive. They're just words like any other.