PDA

View Full Version : Beaches, snow, and mountains, rivers, lakes and fountains.

Croyles
03-14-2008, 04:17 PM
Where is your favourite place to go on a holiday? Im going to Gran Canaria tomorrow, but my favourite holiday is definitely snowboarding.
Just wish it wasnt so damn expensive. :cry:

http://www.rauther.de/neu/images/Bilders/gran_canaria.jpg

Rantz
03-14-2008, 04:36 PM
My favourite so far has probably been the mountains and rural areas of Crete. The views were wonderful and the people were very natural and nice. We went to a little town where they had the most charming restaurant. They didn't know any English, so this little old woman took us inside and let us pick our meat from the freezer. :) Down on the coast of course, they were very tourist-exploiting and commercial.

Gran Canaria was fun, but due to the massive exploitation and the recent (well, it has been some time now) fires have had the island kind of spoiled in my opinion. Still, it was worth a visit.

rubah
03-14-2008, 04:51 PM
st. croix was a magnificent haven. I did not appreciate its rustic charm at the time, but in later years having read reports of people wanting something more of croix but sent to St. Thomas instead, I can only be appreciative, even if far in hindsight.

escobert
03-14-2008, 05:22 PM
KIWI LAND

Caraliz
03-14-2008, 06:50 PM
Into my lover's pants. Delve deep my friends, you'll find treasure. :love:

Peegee
03-14-2008, 06:51 PM
Sometime I feel bad for being a simpleton when it comes to travel. I did enjoy my 3 week trip to British Columbia. I went to a wedding, walked a long way up the side of a mountain, and saw some nice things that will probably melt by the time I turn 40 (puts things in perspective).

However the best time I've ever had was swimming in the ocean in Jamaica. That place was so idyllic. Not a care in the world and no drama happened with my peers. Yay.