PDA

View Full Version : Game Maker Thread #1

Fira777
03-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Here you may talk about, give comments on, give thank you's/thanks for help on, give nice as possible complaint(s) on Game Maker.

I am Jason from UTAH, North United States of America and I am new here.

I found this forum from Google (http://www.google.com/) I will ask for help later myself :)

Flying Mullet
03-14-2008, 08:02 PM
Welcome to EoFF! :)

KentaRawr!
03-15-2008, 12:06 AM
I could cast you in FF1. :D

Markus. D
03-15-2008, 12:10 AM
welcome :]

I don't mind Game Maker, a little to tricky for me to understand D:!

Captain Maxx Power
03-15-2008, 12:14 AM
welcome :]

I don't mind Game Maker, a little to tricky for me to understand D:!

Try coding games in C++ or C# :eep:

I made a little RPG in Game Maker for a project that played a lot like Zelda 2. I only got 60% for it, yet it took me over five weeks of almost solid work to put it together. :mad:

Rostum
03-15-2008, 02:18 AM
I once made a platform Sonic game in Game Maker. Of course I used all Sonic sprites that were ripped from some newer sprite based Sonic game (can't remember which one), and it was pretty clunky.

I thought it was a neat little program, but I wouldn't spend much time on it.

KentaRawr!
03-15-2008, 04:59 AM
Programs like that make game making easier for people that know how to program, and are willing to really put hard work into it.

Or at least, that's how it seems. I've never actually used Game Maker, so I'm no one to say.

Captain Maxx Power
03-15-2008, 12:02 PM
Programs like that make game making easier for people that know how to program, and are willing to really put hard work into it.

Or at least, that's how it seems. I've never actually used Game Maker, so I'm no one to say.

Game Maker has two main ways of programming; one that is icon based and one that is text based. The icon based one is basically for new users and part-timers and allows for quite a bit but can get really messy with more complicated programs. The text based one is a kind of pseudo-C++ environment that allows for more complicated coding, but really using that the thing just becomes a down-market version of several other engines you could use to create a game in. In other words it's like the Fisher-Price of coding.

blackmage_nuke
03-15-2008, 12:15 PM
I enjoyed using it for a while but i was never any good.

Now i only use it to convert my images into gif files because ms paint sucks at doing that and photoshop sometimes gets abit too confusing.

I didnt really feel right using it to program because it didnt feel like my own work. Visual basic, though more confusing, is more fulfilling to me