PDA

View Full Version : Brute Strength

Mystik_Ninja
03-15-2008, 12:50 AM
Here's a good combo: F/F/M/BM

The two fighters suck up all the damage and can deal it back. The BM assists the fighters by cleaning up the undead and later on using the heal staff. While the monk becomes incredibly powerful( killing off your other 3 members and leveling the monk and his barehanded attack ability.)

I call the party Rogue Paladins.:moomba:

KoShiatar
03-15-2008, 02:58 PM
Not bad.

Crossblades
03-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Here's a good combo: F/F/M/BM

The two fighters suck up all the damage and can deal it back. The BM assists the fighters by cleaning up the undead and later on using the heal staff. While the monk becomes incredibly powerful( killing off your other 3 members and leveling the monk and his barehanded attack ability.)

I call the party Rogue Paladins.:moomba:

Interesting. Have you actually used this combo ingame?

Heath
03-15-2008, 06:41 PM
I'd feel slightly uneasy without having some healing magic for most of the game (because I'm a wuss like that), but it does sound an interesting party. I'd be interested to hear how it worked out.

Roogle
03-19-2008, 07:30 PM
What is the role of the Monk? Diversity? What is his role in the overall scheme of this type of playthrough?

vaanhalen
05-27-2008, 10:04 PM
MY FAVORITE PARTY!!! :D

it really is the best. In the NES version (the one i know best) the monk quickly becomes by far the best attacker in the game (about L20ish), much better than a ninja or knight with his best sword. He'll end up being your best character, he's just a late bloomer, and his weaker defense is compensated for by being in the third spot.

As for the overall scheme of this type of playthrough, i guess i would call it Wanton Death Machines. Your hitpoints are so high and armor so good that you really never have to heal. You'll also be really rich, since you kill so effectively, so levelling up is a cakewalk. Take some of that excess gold and buy 99 heal potions if you like. They'll last you longer than you think.

Once you play a game like this, you'll be spoiled. you won't want to return to the tediousness of a Fi/Th/BM/WM party where you have to lean on the fighter to do all the real killing, and you'd need a WM to compensate for everyone but Fighter always taking so much damage. To each his own, but i prefer wanton death and destruction.

ReloadPsi
05-27-2008, 10:34 PM
What is the role of the Monk? Diversity? What is his role in the overall scheme of this type of playthrough?

Possibly spending less money? A Black Belt's fists can do more damage than NUKE, and they're cheaper too. I'd rather have another fighter though.

theundeadhero
05-27-2008, 11:30 PM
I like the sound of the party a lot. Black Belts are my favorite class and I always use a fighter. The other two are optional but it's usually a white mage with a red mage in there. Consider replacing the BM in your party with an RM and it could be awesome.

Marky Tee
06-18-2008, 11:00 AM
i usualy go for an all out attack too
usualy seems to be the best way to get things done quick then you can always heal later

ljkkjlcm9
07-01-2008, 07:57 PM
Fighter, Fighter, Red Mage, Red Mage

Done...
the ONLY downside, is it's an expensive party at the beginning of the game. By far the easiest and fastest party to beat the game though, and I've attempted many different parties.

THE JACKAL

Chzn8r
07-07-2008, 10:50 PM
^^I tend to avoid anything that is a combination of all Fighters and/or Red Mages, exactly because getting over that hump of high expense in the early game (when the most time has to be spent level-grinding) is the most tedious and is where I stop with most parties that I test.

I'm digging the idea about the party in the OP. Having two fighters lead ANYTHING is going to make you next to invincible, and having the high-power guys in your bottom two slots means you'll steamroll anything once you get to about level 10 (and thus negate the worry of not having a Red Mage or White Mage in the early game). Late game obviously you have curative items, as well as the ease of stocking to 99 potions whenever you please (money is so plentiful then).

That said, I try to avoid "easy" parties when I play these days. Anything lead by a fighter automatically becomes easier than the rest. They are just broken (except in solo, where while they are probably the best-off, they get destroyed by groups of magic/special users and anything that can paralyze).