PDA

View Full Version : Britney Spears does Anime

Chemical
03-15-2008, 02:38 AM
YouTube - Britney Spears - Break The Ice official full length video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edhpwSMqc2I)

Quel shocker!
I honestly never thought I'd see the day.

But Britney hasn't been the only music Diva to show Japanese influence in her 'work.'

Courtney Love has a manga series out, based on her life, called "Princess Ai,"

While the most obvious, Gwen Stefani, has been using the trendy Harajuku fashions to pimp off her music.

Araciel
03-15-2008, 02:42 AM
Use whatever medium you can to maintain fame. I would.

Also, Japan sucks.

Avarice-ness
03-15-2008, 02:45 AM
Personally, I think it's because she knows people are tired of seeing her so instead of dealing with her in the flesh, we get an anime her.

Big D
03-15-2008, 02:47 AM
Just as long as it's not 'Britney Spears does Anime' in the same sense that 'Debbie does Dallas'...

It's good to see something a little different being tried. And considering Spears' recent media attention, I can understand her not wanting to use her real-life visage in her videos for a while.

Shlup
03-15-2008, 02:48 AM
Well we all know that Britney is too... decomposed... to look at anymore, but her voice is easy enough to manipulate the hell out of that it makes sense that they would make a music video where they don't actually have to show her.

Also, wow... That song was even worse than the last one. I'm impressed.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-15-2008, 02:53 AM
The animation style is more Korean than Japanese. But it's an understandable mistake, since the former desperately wants to be the latter.

Markus. D
03-15-2008, 03:01 AM
The song itself was a little underwhelming...

Momiji
03-15-2008, 03:15 AM
The animation style is more Korean than Japanese. But it's an understandable mistake, since the former desperately wants to be the latter.

Either way, it's a poor excuse for a video. I watched it sans sound (Britney's voice makes me want to tear my hair out, it's so irritating), and was rather unentertained.

Necronopticous
03-15-2008, 03:39 AM
"I'll kill the kids!"

Elly
03-15-2008, 03:51 AM
it was allright woulda been better to see a version that hasn't been tainted by YouTubes excessive blurry pixilation... from an article i read earlier this week on E! they said the anime video was Britneys idea while she gets back in shape for the shooting of her next video...

Chemical
03-15-2008, 04:27 AM
The only saving point was at the end when she blows "Victory" to pieces - there's got to be some kind of irony there.

Anyways I can't find any information to who made the video so it could be Maltese for all I know.