PDA

View Full Version : Proverbial Desert Island

Mongotha
03-15-2008, 09:20 AM
I don't know how many times this has been asked before but I'd still like to know. Stuck on a desert island, which five games would you like to have?

Final Fantasy VII
Oblivion
Starcraft II (gonna get marooned after it ships)
Sonic and Knuckles with Sonic 3 (no matter how old I get, I never get tired of that game)
World of Warcraft (even though I've never played it, it'd probably be something that would keep me busy)

blackmage_nuke
03-15-2008, 09:26 AM
Any mmorpg so i could contact peole to get help and get me off the island so i can get back to playing all my other games.

Mongotha
03-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Lets assume that no one will believe that you're even on the island. Most desert islands don't have hi speed internet, but this one does, but you're the only one that knows it and no one will believe you.

Markus. D
03-15-2008, 11:43 AM
My new game (Persona 3)

Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer (It's wonderful *-^)

Guild Wars :D

Bunny
03-15-2008, 08:22 PM
World of Warcraft and Suikoden 1-3 & 5.

I would play them on my coconut computer.

CimminyCricket
03-15-2008, 08:25 PM
Disgaea, Makai Kingdom, Disgaea 2, Soul Nomad and Phantom Brave.

Alucard von Elru
03-15-2008, 08:26 PM
EDIT:

Nevermind. I can do this with Yasumi Matsuno's three big Ivalice titles:

Final Fantasy Tactics

Vagrant Story

Final Fantasy XII

Seriously, those games have already sucked up countless hours of my life, and continue to do so year-to-year. Ridiculous.

Rase
03-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Chrono Trigger
Mario Kart Double Dash!! (or Wii once it comes out, assuming it's good)
Bioshock
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

JKTrix
03-16-2008, 02:52 AM
Planet Puzzle League and my DVDs of Gurren-Lagann to inspire me to get off the island.

Loony BoB
03-17-2008, 02:07 PM
I find MMORPGs to be cheating, considering you can effectively talk to anyone in the world through such channels and gather information on how things are going, which kind of defeats the point of the Desert Island question. So I'm skipping online games. Also, given that I may as well enjoy myself with at least one new game, I'm not going to restrict myself to games that I've already played. Long games will probably help pass the time.

Final Fantasy VII - Favourite game, good replay value.
Warcraft III + Expansions - Good replay value, particularly if you have bucketloads of maps.
Pacman - Excellent replay value! :p
Mass Effect - I hear this has something like 70 hours of gameplay + good replay value.
Civilization IV + Expansions - Fantastic replay value with randomly generated maps and the increased difficulties should also give me something to go for in the long run.

Gran Turismo V unlucky to miss out. I'm not a massive racing fan but it would provide good change from the other games and allow me to relax while listening to decent music. In fact, now that I think about it, I might take it in place of Pacman for the addition of music value. We all need music!

Blue Harvest
03-17-2008, 02:49 PM
Pokemans
Devil May Cry 3
Final Fantasy IV (Advance, unless I'm stranded after DS comes out over here)
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Sonic Mega Collection +

Roogle
03-18-2008, 10:38 PM
I consider choosing massively multiplayer online role-playing games the definitive answer to the question.

Because video games are limited in scope, you will eventually run out of things to do in the game because you are on a desert island and have nothing better to do. Because massively multiplayer online role-playing games are virtually unlimited in scope, a deserted person could lead a productive virutal life in their perception, possibly making them a little more happier being stranded on that desert island.

I guess I would choose the following games:

Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XI: Rise of the Zilart
Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia
Final Fantasy XI: Treasures of Aht Urhgan
Final Fantasy XI: Wings of the Goddess

Pete for President
03-18-2008, 10:46 PM
I can only think of 3 atm;

- Metal Gear Solid 1
- Tenchu 2
- Final Fantasy X

Vermachtnis
03-18-2008, 11:34 PM
~ Sega Genisis Collection
(Haha I cheated 28 game compilation. Plus I train a monkey to play Golden Axe with me)

~ Digimon World
(I'm gonna create a max stat Phoenixmon while I'm stuck)

~ Disgaea
(Uber prinny Baal is going down)

~ Dragon Quest VIII
(Who know I might finally beat it)

~ World of Warcraft
(I has teh epicz mount)

Sarc the Swordsman
03-18-2008, 11:35 PM
Hm...it will have to be:

- Final Fantasy 9
- Vagrant Story
- Oblivion
- Dead Rising
- Final Fantasy 12

phbr
03-18-2008, 11:43 PM
Diablo II + Lord of Destruction
StarCraft + BroodWar
WarCraft III + The Frozen Throne
Half Life (+ Mods of course)
Sam and Max Hit the RoadBlizzard fanboy :O

Skyblade
03-19-2008, 01:56 AM
Golden Sun
Golden Sun II
Chrono Trigger
Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time: Master Quest
Septerra Core

Septerra Core wouldn't be on that list, except I played it once for a couple hours, never found the game again, and have been slowly going out of my mind wondering how it turns out. If I can pick a game, I'd pick that one, just so that I can finally get that annoyance out of my head.

Loony BoB
03-19-2008, 10:42 AM
I consider choosing massively multiplayer online role-playing games the definitive answer to the question.

Because video games are limited in scope, you will eventually run out of things to do in the game because you are on a desert island and have nothing better to do. Because massively multiplayer online role-playing games are virtually unlimited in scope, a deserted person could lead a productive virutal life in their perception, possibly making them a little more happier being stranded on that desert island.
But it's cheating! Also, what kind of deserted island has an internet connection? xD If that was the case, you could just download more games. :p

Roogle
03-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Well, maybe it is a wireless connection with a badly configured router that only allows the selected game to connect and perform any related functions. I mean, I don't think of it as like a real desert island, more like a way to see what you think would keep you occupied the longest!

Boney King
03-19-2008, 06:29 PM
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (200 hours of free time sucked up right there)
- Tetris (can't believe no one listed this yet)
- Final Fantasy VII (lost the 3rd disc years ago, never did beat Safer Sephiroth)
- Devil May Cry (for the times you feel like kicking some ass)
- Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (it's the only Sonic game I can remember clearly, and it was wicked)

leon123
04-01-2008, 03:00 AM
oblivion
mass effect
bioshock
gta IV
halo 3