PDA

View Full Version : Poppin' Pills

Freya
03-15-2008, 03:13 PM
I has a white one and two pink ones and two yellow and red one :D I had an allergic reaction to something so i'm having to take all these pills. red itchiness is all over me i have to put some calamine lotions too. It's teh ghey.

Do you take an medication? When was the first time you had to take a lot at once?

Avarice-ness
03-15-2008, 03:22 PM
I used to take 1 in the morning, 1 in the afternoon, and 2 1/2 to 3 at night.

I don't anymore. =D

Rye
03-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Not right now! I had to take a lot of it when I had pneumonia. I only took some of it though, because when I took the full dosage (multiple pills and codeine syrup a few times a day), I started shaking uncontrollable for about 10 minutes, to the point where I thought I was having a seizure, because I kept biting the insides of my mouth until they were bleeding, and I had to have people hold me down.

So scary!

Bakamut
03-15-2008, 03:26 PM
I take "the pill", anti-depressants and recently I've had a bad case of conjunctivitis so I was prescribed codeine which I was taking until about 3 days ago. I don't know when the first time I've had to take a lot at once though, but some of my friends consider taking 4 pills every day a lot (I took anti-histamines, anti-depressants, "the pill" and iron supplements every day at one point. I did take a lot of panadeine (paracetamol with a small amount of codeine) when I first got my conjunctivitis but I took too much (too much paracetamol is lethal for those who don't know) so the doctor prescribed me a larger amount of straight codeine, which is a better painkiller anyway. Paracetamol doesn't do :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Jess
03-15-2008, 03:31 PM
I take the contraceptive pill everyday, and during spring I take pills for my hayfever. :jess:

I sometimes take iron supplements, and certain vitamin and mineral supplements. I should every day but I always forget!

The first time I had to take a lot at once was after an operation on my mouth about 4 years ago. I had to take painkillers, and some antibiotics but the antibiotics made me sick so I had to take different antibiotics and some other pills to help the sickness.

escobert
03-15-2008, 03:41 PM
I refuse! :D
I was put on a lot of medications when I was 14-16 to "fix" me. I hated them all and I felt like utter :skull::skull::skull::skull: most of the time. Yes I was able to do pick up my grades and stuff but I'd rather be able to eat :D They tried again a year or so ago to put me in counseling and back on medication. I did if for a little bit, felt like crap and stopped :p

Chemical
03-15-2008, 03:43 PM
I'll take caffeine pills to help me study, but not to pull all nighters.

Madame Adequate
03-15-2008, 03:50 PM
I very rarely take medication. Just some paracetamol if I've got a headache that won't shift, or if I need to get something done before I can expect it to leave me in peace. Edit: And I've never had to take a lot at once. The most ever was two pills for some minor chest infection I had, twice a day, for a week, or something like that.

Nominus Experse
03-15-2008, 05:40 PM
I take little yellow rhombuses, pale blue circles, a hefty yellow capsule, and smal pink circles.

But I mostly take little pictures of Teletubbies and Mad Hatters, if you catch my drift, har har har.

Caraliz
03-15-2008, 05:45 PM
I take a green and blue capsule in the morning and a pale pink circle at night. Better alternative than the other :skull::skull::skull::skull: I used to take. ;p

The most I ever took was when I had bronchitis... I was taking like 10 pills a day. And syrup!

Balzac
03-15-2008, 05:47 PM
I take codine for my back. They are white.

KentaRawr!
03-15-2008, 06:05 PM
I take vitamins. They are many colors, and are shaped like animals.

But I don't think that counts as medication, sadly.

41-Inches-Wide
03-15-2008, 06:09 PM
I take vitamins. They are shaped like Fred Flintstone. :kaoclove:

Jojee
03-15-2008, 06:10 PM
I wanna take the colors of the rainbow xD

Nah, but pills mess me up, badly! Even just one pill. Like Tydenol Nighttime Sinus, man did I get high off that.

Faded Tears
03-15-2008, 06:17 PM
I took contraceptive pills.

I take Flinstone vitamins. They're not pills, but I thought it'd be nice to throw them in the list.

And occasionally aspirin.

Jojee
03-15-2008, 06:21 PM

Omg I've got a prescription but I'm terrified to start taking them, I'm afraid they'll mess me up big time! :crying2: I can't afford to be more crazy than I already am.

The Ceej
03-15-2008, 06:38 PM
People have stolen my medications before because they have a street value. Most would be happy about getting prescribed medications with a street value. Who gets high off these? I don't know. Not me. All it does to me is reduce my intelligence and inhibit my creativity. I'd get off them if I could, but I'll lose my health insurance if I do. And that's bullskullz. Telling me I can only have my health insurance as long as I'm putting inhibiting chemicals into my body. One of the possible side effects of Mellaril is death. Death! And I'm not allowed to stop taking it or I'll lose my health insurance! Well, that's smurfed up!

Faded Tears
03-15-2008, 07:20 PM

Omg I've got a prescription but I'm terrified to start taking them, I'm afraid they'll mess me up big time! :crying2: I can't afford to be more crazy than I already am.

Oh don't worry. They actually work well and regulate your period, and its not as heavy. And they won't make you anymore crazy, trust me =)
And they help clear up acne if you have it, or even if you don't it makes your face more clear.

The only reason I stopped taking them is because I don't have money atm.

Jojee
03-15-2008, 07:22 PM
its not as heavy. And they won't make you anymore crazy, trust me =)

hahaha xD

But yeah, the side effects I read online were like... potential craziness, weight gain, and decreased sex drive. Among other things. Awesome that they worked so well for you though :o

Faded Tears
03-15-2008, 07:27 PM
Yeah it does depend on the person as well.

I was already crazy/weird to begin with I assume. But the weight gain and decreased sex drive never happened for me. To be honest, the only thing I was/am worried about is the blood clots, but thats unlikely unless it runs in the family.

It also depends on the specific type of contraceptive you're gonna take.

Araciel
03-15-2008, 08:08 PM
I take heart pills. They're for people that don't have a heart.

The Ceej
03-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Come to think of it, I forgot about my heart pills. Unlike my head meds, they've actually done me a world of good. Since I got on them in October, my heart's only acted up once and that was the morning after drunken sex.

Heath
03-15-2008, 08:46 PM
I have a nasal spray, an inhaler and some antihistamines. The first and third are basically to limit my sneezing and allergies to various thing, while the inhaler is for my (admittedly weak) asthma.

~*~Celes~*~
03-15-2008, 09:10 PM
I only pop pills if I'm having sinus problems (Sudafed), menstrual cramps to high heaven (Pamprin), and soon, I'll be on a type of contraceptive.

Rantz
03-15-2008, 09:23 PM
All I need is garlic. :jess:

Shiny
03-15-2008, 10:32 PM
I take Placebo.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-15-2008, 10:40 PM
I've been applying a special sort of cream as of last week. It's not so bad seeing that I now have an excuse to being in my bedroom alone with my hand down my pants

Xander
03-15-2008, 10:44 PM
Im taking some pills at the moment for a stomach-thing, three times a day which kinda sucks cos I dont like swallowing pills :( and then contraceptive pill too every morning, and Ive been taking vitamins so it feels like a lot right now!! xD

Jojee
03-15-2008, 11:14 PM
My dad said that people who take multiple kinds of vitamins pill every day have an increased risk of heart attack :whimper:

Xander
03-15-2008, 11:31 PM
People say you can get ill from just about anything these days xD

Akaria
03-16-2008, 12:01 AM
I take birth control, a vitamin B complex pill, a vitamin B100 pill, and that Slimquick pill that's for women or something. Only the fifth day, and I feel so great!:jess:

Zeldy
03-16-2008, 12:01 AM
I go through so much paracetamol. Damn you migraines :(

Aurey
03-16-2008, 12:06 AM
I took warfarin for six months last year (all thanks to taking a contraceptive for two months), and they gave three bottles with different dosages, that is one, two and five milligrams. One was pink, another purple, and then a boring white. I would have mix up the dosages after a weekly blood test. I also took endocet which are pretty big, and make you verrrrryy tired and lightheaded, but also give really bad hot flashes.

Now my only blood thinning agent is Advil and garlic (I just had some stew with a ton in it).

Old Manus
03-16-2008, 12:07 AM
I regularly take suppositries, just for the feeling.

Aurey
03-16-2008, 12:13 AM
^Your anus getting continuously stabbed? Yeah, I know what you mean.

Araciel
03-16-2008, 12:15 AM
I thought you'd take penicillin for the medicinal, after all, Mold Anus.

Old Manus
03-16-2008, 12:54 AM
More liek pencil-in am i rite lol

Araciel
03-16-2008, 01:05 AM
Not now manus, people are watching.

or do you want them to watch?!

Jess
03-16-2008, 02:23 AM

hahaha xD

But yeah, the side effects I read online were like... potential craziness, weight gain, and decreased sex drive. Among other things. Awesome that they worked so well for you though :o
They're not definite side effects! I actually lost weight when I started to take the pill, I didn't get any crazier and my sex drive is not impaired. :jess:

Quindiana Jones
03-16-2008, 02:24 AM
I Took the Red Pill.

Momiji
03-16-2008, 05:38 AM
I has a white one and two pink ones and two yellow and red one :D I had an allergic reaction to something so i'm having to take all these pills. red itchiness is all over me i have to put some calamine lotions too. It's teh ghey.

Do you take an medication? When was the first time you had to take a lot at once?

Pics or GTFO, Miss Splotchy. <3

When I had my wisdom teeth removed, I would have up to 8 hydrocodone (Vicodin) and up to 16-20 acetominophen or ibuprofen (Tylenol or Motrin, respectively) a day.

I thought I was gonna die. Sure, the Vicodin killed the pain, but they moved the pain into my stomach. I was so nauseated I could hardly eat anything for a week. I just slept all day. It was agony. I had never taken that much medicine at once before, and on an empty stomach, at that.

Shiny
03-16-2008, 06:01 AM
Yeah, gotta be careful with that Vicodin. When I took it for a pain in my jaw a couple times, I only took like 1/3 of the actual pill. It was far too strong to take the whole thing.

Ouch!
03-16-2008, 07:23 AM
Until two weeks ago, I took a mood-stabilizers. Until three weeks ago, I took an anti-depressant. Until eight months ago, I took an anti-psychotic. Until thirteen months ago, I took a second mood-stabilizer.

I'm now completely unmedicated for the first time in six years. =D

Rantz
03-16-2008, 08:23 AM
I Took the Red Pill.

You won. :jess:

Tallulah
03-16-2008, 10:57 AM
Why, oh why, didn't I take the BLUE pill!? :p

I take the contraceptive pill (for polycystic ovary syndrome as well as contraception) and Thyroxine for an underactive thyroid. Because it is a lifelong condition that's not my fault(it seems to be a hereditary condition; my mum has it and my nan found out she has it comparatively recently) I get all prescriptions free! :D Good old NHS!

That reminds me, I must put my prescription in this week...

I also take cod liver oil, for the good of my joints (I injured my ankles a lot in the past), but lately I keep forgetting, even though they're right there on my coffee table!

Bakamut
03-16-2008, 12:08 PM
I take vitamins. They are shaped like Fred Flintstone. :kaoclove:
Hey, that's cool. I wish I had vitamins that were something other than round or capsule-shaped and boring :(

hahaha xD

I didn't get anything like that with the Pill. I think the pill's pretty good cause it makes your period a lot lighter and you have full control over it. And you always know when you're going to get your period so you can be prepared. And the most weight you'll gain is about half a kilo. Those side effects sound like my anti-depressants. They make me eat SOOO much that I've been putting on a bit of weight. And they did horrors to my sex drive. I've been finding it hard to cum, it SUCKS...

The Ceej
03-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Until two weeks ago, I took a mood-stabilizers. Until three weeks ago, I took an anti-depressant. Until eight months ago, I took an anti-psychotic. Until thirteen months ago, I took a second mood-stabilizer.

I'm now completely unmedicated for the first time in six years. =D

Congratulations. I wish I could get away with getting off my meds.

KoShiatar
03-16-2008, 03:36 PM
I take the pill and something else I'm not going to tell you. In case you wanted to ask, it is not Prozac.

Momiji
03-16-2008, 06:44 PM
Yeah, gotta be careful with that Vicodin. When I took it for a pain in my jaw a couple times, I only took like 1/3 of the actual pill. It was far too strong to take the whole thing.

Yeah. I took 2 every 8 hours. It was a nightmare, because on top of that, I would take 3 or 4 Motrin every 8 hours overlapping the Vicodin. So it was 2 Vicodin, 4 hours later 4 Motrin, 4 hours later 2 Vicodin again, then 4 more Motrin 4 hours later. I was pretty heavily drugged. :p

rubah
03-16-2008, 06:48 PM
I'm very glad that I am not subject to the cost or the timing of medication for chronic disorders.

scrumpleberry
03-16-2008, 07:18 PM

hahaha xD

They're not definite side effects! I actually lost weight when I started to take the pill, I didn't get any crazier and my sex drive is not impaired. :jess:

Be careful, mind. I know someone who walked right into the road and got herself hit by a bus when she took the pill, because she was so out of it...It depends on the person.

I'm not medicated, thank god. I don't want to be unless it's absolutely necessary. I don't even like going to the doctors when I'm sick, I haven't been in at least a year.

Sarc the Swordsman
03-16-2008, 11:18 PM
In the Spring and Summer, when the pollen count is high, I take hayfever allergy tablets. Other than that, I don't take any other kinds of medication.

The last time I had a prescription was last May, when I had to have an emergency operation to remove my appendix. I ended up having...well I don't even know how many pills I had to take for the pain and antibiotics. >_>

For about a month afterwards I had to take a few antibiotics a day as well. Not on any medication at the moment.