PDA

View Full Version : Will Zidane and Garnet really go on a date if I let him win the hunting festival?

Precious Garnet
03-16-2008, 01:20 AM
Will Zidane and Garnet really go on a date if I let him win the hunting festival?

Tallulah
03-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Alas, no. With everything else that happens later, they don't have time. :( I'm sure they make up for it later, though... :love:

Zidane does get Gil if he wins the Festival, Freya gets the Coral Ring add-on; having Vivi win will earn you a Tetra Master Card.

Crossblades
03-16-2008, 03:10 PM
I always let Freya win the festival so she can get that add-on. But always felt guilty that i didnt let Zidane win so he can get that date. But since you said they never had it, I dont feel guilty anymore:D

Marky Tee
03-16-2008, 08:15 PM
i always make zidane win it
out of pride

Sarc the Swordsman
03-17-2008, 02:05 AM
I always let Freya win it. Since the prize is much more useful. How do you let Vivi win it, by the way? It always ends up being either Freya or Zidane winning for me.

NeoCracker
03-17-2008, 02:21 AM
Save Vivi from getting chased by the wold thing, then have Freya and Zidane loose the match to big bull thing.

Sarc the Swordsman
03-17-2008, 02:55 AM
Oh, okay thanks! Not that I'll do it, but I was just curious, since it never happened to me in my many playthroughs. The festival of the hunt was so fun.

Jaffamitsu
03-17-2008, 04:48 PM
i always make zidane win it
out of pride
My thoughts exactly..

f f freak
03-17-2008, 06:46 PM
Freya always wins it on mine. Coral Ring is just too awesome to pass up. The Gil really doesn't help me any. The Card is nice but not useful enough to warrant me passing up the Coral Ring.

Vivisteiner
03-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Yeah, its depressing. I was so pumped up for that date and then suddenly that bloody Burmecian rat comes in saying how their Kingdoms is getting slaughtered.

Worst timing ever.

Quindiana Jones
03-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Selfish rats. :mad:

Marky Tee
03-18-2008, 08:04 AM
granted the coral ring is a lot more useful at that point than 5000g( whats that like 100 quids or something these days?)
but the chance to show off how awsome you are to a hot chick is worth more than any amount of mystical jewlery lol

Shotgunnova
03-18-2008, 08:48 AM
I always let Freya win to get Lancer. The proposed date is nearly all but forgotten as the game goes on. Since everyone ends up on Zidane's team, I consider it a win-win-win situation.

Roogle
03-19-2008, 05:02 PM
Is the Coral Ring a unique piece of equipment? I have only played through this game a single time and Zidane was the winner of the festival. Where is the next place in the game that you see the Coral Ring if you missed it at the Festival of the Hunt?

Shotgunnova
03-19-2008, 06:22 PM
Naw, it ain't unique. It can be synthesized in Disc 2 Treno. By letting anyone else win -- which in the long run, both are pretty useless/commonplace -- Freya misses out on her only chance to get an offensive skill until Cleyra. So, I guess it's not "that" important for someone (Gizamuluke can be tent'D) in the early going, 'less they're trying to do some Grand Dragon level-ups.

Quindiana Jones
03-19-2008, 08:02 PM
Coral Ring is great. 5K is useless really. Especially for me, as I always get 10K at the start for my amazing Blank/Zidane fight scene performance :D. The card is pointless.

Crossblades
03-19-2008, 10:37 PM
Is the Coral Ring a unique piece of equipment? I have only played through this game a single time and Zidane was the winner of the festival.

It's not really unique, and you can get it in disc 2, but it wouldnt hurt to learn one of Freya's abilities early in the game ;)

cloud21zidane16
04-01-2008, 03:39 PM
The Coral Ring is to just tempting to pass up at the point of the game:D But im sure i heard that if Zidane wins then a lot later on in the game there is an extra bit of dialouge said but Zidane about the date, but its literally 1 sentence and dosent make a difference. But i never let him win so im not sure.

Quindiana Jones
04-02-2008, 08:53 PM
If you hold down the Shoulder buttons and Start and Select whilst Zidane is proposing the idea, you unlock a secret Hentai clip if you win the Festival.

Tallulah
04-02-2008, 09:15 PM
If you hold down the Shoulder buttons and Start and Select whilst Zidane is proposing the idea, you unlock a secret Hentai clip if you win the Festival.

Oh, come on, Quinny; April Fool's Day was yesterday... :p

Breine
05-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Freya always wins it on mine. Coral Ring is just too awesome to pass up. The Gil really doesn't help me any. The Card is nice but not useful enough to warrant me passing up the Coral Ring.

True. Let Freya win, so that you can get the Coral Ring.

Heath
05-10-2008, 05:43 PM
I suppose Zidane did get to marry Garnet on disc two in Conde Petie, so I suppose he can't complain too much. That's gotta be worth more than the promise of a date! Having said that, I won the festival with Zidane on my first play through, but with every subsequent game I've started I've let Freya win because - as has been said - the accessory is just handy to have.

Suvious
05-15-2008, 03:09 PM
Rofl how embarrassing I simply lost it to Freya xD