PDA

View Full Version : MAFIA VII: Old School Mash-up (GAME OVER - TOWN WIN!)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

[M] Mom – Host
03-16-2008, 02:06 AM
~WELCOME, you’re invited to a party at ol’ school mansion!~

It was a party Princess Zelda was holding. Her friends all wanted to come and join her. Well of course they’d love to there’s cake.
All was well, all was lively and fun. Yet some obnoxious person was ruining her party. She marched her way through the crowd. Bottles of booze were being left everywhere as she followed it to a group of people. They all crowded around a loud person. Arms and bodies were in her way to seeing what the ruckus was. Squeezing her body through some bigger guests she finally got to see who it was that made the noise.

“I’m a jester! No wait…. I’m a bomb! Oh wait no. How about….” rambled Tails.
Zelda ran over to quiet the loud idiot. She grabbed his arms, “Tails… no tails look at me. You need to leave my party. You’re making it horrible and no longer fun!”
Tails burped in her face, “I’m the smurfing godfather, donnt tell me whut ta do”
Zelda struggled with him for a bit trying to get him away from the party when a shot was fired. Both fell down dead.

Zelda was played by Lekana and Tails was played by Demon Dude. Lucky you guys, he’s out of the way first :D

And that’s when the suspicion set in. Who killed DD and Lekana? Well town, you guys need to find out. GO GO GO!

YOUR MODERATOR

Hiya ;) It’s [M] Master Hand here. I’m your mod, your master! I’ll help you guys with anything you need. I’ll keep vote count and help you guys stay on track. No spamming kthx. Listen to me and it’ll alllll be fine…. Well not really.

All night actions will be PMed to [M] Master hand

DAY AND NIGHT

There are two phases, Day and Night. These will last at the maximum of 24 hours each. During the day discussion will be in this thread and it will be closed at night. During night those with night roles will PM [M] Master Hand with their activity. Once night is up day will come again and talking may resume.

VOTING

Players must vote. If you’re not going to be around please get your vote in beforehand.

When voting, please do it in this format
##vote: name

You can also unvote for people. This takes the same form:
##unvote: name

If a majority is reached, the one with majority will be lynched. If it’s a tie then there will be a sudden death. If time for the day ends, the one with the most votes will be lynched.

BASIC RULES

Borrowed from Psy and Qwerty who Borrowed from Miriel
• Unless specifically mentioned in your Assignment PMs, all Mafia related discussion must happen in the Official game thread. Please do not discuss the game using instant messengers, IRC, Private Messages, voice chats, phone calls, snail mail etc. etc. No, we can't enforce this because we can't spy on you, but we would appreciate it if you followed this simple rule.
• Do not reveal your role privately to each other. You can of course role claim as part of your strategy in this thread. Just don't do it outside the game.
• Play nice. Even if you are using second accounts, don't resort to flaming and whatnot. Kill each other without resorting to being mean.
• Please make all posts in the Game thread under your specific Mafia accounts.
• Play fair. Also known as the "don't be an ass" rule. Being an ass includes cheating, diverging completely from your assigned role, going back and deleting or editing all your posts, using asshole-ish methods [M] to find out information about other people's roles, etc.
• Do NOT use your Mafia accounts to post in any non-Mafia related threads.
• You CANNOT abstain from voting!
Regarding roles and accounts
• All of the roles were assigned randomly to a player and then those were randomly assigned to the character.
• Don’t roleplay, it’s annoying. I know it is. Play your character how you want though. There will be no penalty to anyone who does role play.
• Don’t share with others who you are or what your password is or what your role is. This makes it lose its fun-ness. Think for your selves guys! You don’t need anyone else.

ROLES IN USE
Most can be found in this flash (http://mikeburnfire.sitesled.com/mscumB.swf). There are many different roles.

There are Vanilla Town in this game.

PLAYERS:
[M] Bowser - Governor - Levain and NeoCracker
[M] Crono
[M] Donkey Kong - Vanilla Townie - Oddler
[M] Frogger - Recruiting mason - scrumpleberry replaced by DK
[M] Ganon - Day cop - qwertyxsora
[M] Kirby
[M] Lara Croft - mason - GoldenBoko
[M] Link - White Mage - Roto13
[M] Luigi - Mafia Godfather - Sir Lancealot
[M] Magus - roleblocker - Jessweeee♪ & Death By Moogles replaced by Shiny
[M] Mario - Vanilla Townie - WhatVVB
[M] Mega Man - burglar - blackheart525
[M] Navi - mafia - leader of mortals
[M] Pac Man - Mafia Godfather - Jojee replaced by Dynast-kid
[M] Peach - Vengeful townie - Craliz replaced by GoldenBoko
[M] Pikachu
[M] Samus - Mafia Assassin - Miriel
[M] Slippy - Inventor - Bahamut2000X
[M] Solid Snake - TyphoonThaReapa - Mafia Recruiter
[M] Sonic - Bert - Vanilla Town
[M] Space Invader - Mafia Traitor - Edczxcvbnm
[M] Star Fox
[M] Sub-Zero - Janitor - ~*~Celes~*~

DAY ONE:
It will take a majority of 12 people for a lynch. We’re gonna officially start the day when a few more get online.

[M] Caprica
03-16-2008, 02:10 AM
I didn't do anything.

[M] Gaius
03-16-2008, 02:11 AM
Kirby:

I'm Kirby! :bigsmile:

[M] Felix
03-16-2008, 02:12 AM
Pac-Man

*eats more dots*

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
03-16-2008, 02:19 AM
Navi

If only I could remember who Navi was...

ahh thats right the one fairy dude... wait....... I'M A FRICKEN FAIRY!!!

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
03-16-2008, 02:23 AM
There's so many Nintendo characters. Methinks the mods played too much Brawl before making this. :shifty:

[M] D'Anna
03-16-2008, 02:24 AM
Looks like Link was too late after all. And Sonic's gonna be pissed...

[M] Mom – Host
03-16-2008, 02:29 AM
Well um slippy there really was only the NES, SNES, and the SEGA. How do you not get Nintendo characters out of that?

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
03-16-2008, 02:32 AM
Link

Well now who am I going to save? And Navi is female.

You have to start every post with "Hey!" "Look!" "Listen!" "Hello!" or "What the!?"

[M] Aaron
03-16-2008, 02:33 AM
Hello, hello.

[M] Caprica
03-16-2008, 02:34 AM
Wait, can I have her triforce piece?

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
03-16-2008, 02:34 AM
Link;2446680']Well now who am I going to save? And Navi is female.

You have to start every post with "Hey!" "Look!" "Listen!" "Hello!" or "What the!?"

Better yet that's ALL Navi can say. =P

[M] Joe - Army Dad
03-16-2008, 02:35 AM
It's me, Luigi.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
03-16-2008, 02:36 AM
Navi

Hey!

(How am I suppose to lynch like this?)

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
03-16-2008, 02:44 AM
For some odd reason, I have a compelling urge to eat mushrooms, hit my head on boxes and jump on turtles.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
03-16-2008, 02:46 AM
Navi

good thing I'm not a turtle

edit: I mean uh... Hey!

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
03-16-2008, 02:47 AM
Oh noes! Bowser better watch out. Wait he is a turtle right? Koopa? What the hells a koopa? :confused:

[M] D'Anna
03-16-2008, 02:51 AM
Mario;2446695']For some odd reason, I have a compelling urge to eat mushrooms, hit my head on boxes and jump on turtles.

Don't you mean hit your head on bricks?

[M] Mom – Host
03-16-2008, 02:55 AM
Ok I think it's about time to start Day one officially

DAY ONE:
12 votes for a lynch. Day one will end in 16 hours :D

Thats seems good enough for day one don't ya think? Don't want you guys too bored.

[M] Apollo
03-16-2008, 03:08 AM
Pikaaaaaaaa~

[M] Aaron
03-16-2008, 03:10 AM
16 hours is short. I must now hang with people in real life.

Let's see what this starts, hmm? Go!

##Vote: Pikachu

[M] Mom – Host
03-16-2008, 03:13 AM
I encourage more posting >:/ don't make me.... um.... I dunno but don't make me do it! It made me all sad like that the C9 game had more replies then the last big mafia game. Lets not do that. POST GO GO GO.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
03-16-2008, 03:16 AM
Bum de dum dum, must find a victim to freeze!

[M] D'Anna
03-16-2008, 03:18 AM
*Hides in Box...again*

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
03-16-2008, 03:18 AM
Navi

but day one lasted 3 normal days there so thats one reason

My opinions...

Wtf do I need to say opinions for?

[M] Mom – Host
03-16-2008, 03:20 AM
Oh yay I get to do a vote count :3 one vote yay vote count!

VOTES DAY ONE:
##Vote: Pikachu : Donkey Kong

Not voting: Bowser, Crono, Frogger, Ganon, Kirby, Lara Croft, Link, Luigi, Magus, Mario, Mega Man, Navi, Pac Man, Peach, Pikachu, Samus, Slippy, Solid Snake, Sonic, Space Invader, Star Fox, Sub-Zero

[M] D'Anna
03-16-2008, 03:21 AM
So, Master Hand wants us to post like crazy...spam anyone?

[M] Mom – Host
03-16-2008, 03:23 AM
NO spam >:/ just more talking and such. Less stupidity. GAWD i'm posting too much. Lookout i'm mafia!

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
03-16-2008, 03:24 AM
Navi

http://www.appscout.com/images/spam%20boy.jpg

wait no spam?

[M] Caprica
03-16-2008, 03:29 AM
Okay everyone, remember one thing when you vote. You can always unvote.

With that in mind, I am going to make a vote to encourage some discussion. I'll be doing a bit of travelling tomorrow, but I'll be sure to come back on in time to change my vote if I see it necessary.

##Vote: Solid Snake

This is just to stimulate discussion, and because Snake beat me in Brawl earlier.

[M] Apollo
03-16-2008, 03:30 AM
Donkey Kong;2446726']16 hours is short. I must now hang with people in real life.

Let's see what this starts, hmm? Go!

##Vote: Pikachu
I agree, 16 hours is short!

That is okay, afterall somebody had to get the ball rolling somehow.

So, we're still waiting on posts from:
Bowser, Crono, Frogger, Lara Croft, Magus, Mega Man, Peach, Samus, Sonic, Space Invader, Star Fox and Sub-Zero.

[M] Gaius
03-16-2008, 03:35 AM
Kirby:

Now I know who Navi really is because they like to post that image with their real account.

##vote Navi

This will teach you to be more careful with your EoFF identity in future.

[M] Mom – Host
03-16-2008, 03:36 AM
Pikachu;2446749']
Bowser, Crono, Frogger, Lara Croft, Magus, Mega Man, Peach, Samus, Sonic, Space Invader, Star Fox and Sub-Zero.
Liar. Some posted in the other thread.

VOTES DAY ONE:
##Vote: Solid Snake: Ganon
##vote Navi : Kirby

Not voting: Bowser, Crono, Frogger, Lara Croft, Link, Luigi, Magus, Mario, Mega Man, Navi, Pac Man, Peach, Pikachu, Samus, Slippy, Solid Snake, Sonic, Space Invader, Star Fox, Sub-Zero

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
03-16-2008, 03:39 AM
I totally posted.

##Vote: Crono

For not being as sexy as Magus.

[M] Apollo
03-16-2008, 03:39 AM
Master Hand;2446757']
Pikachu;2446749']
Liar. Some posted in the other thread.

That'll teach me for not reading the other thread! ;D

[M] Felix
03-16-2008, 03:40 AM
Pac-Man

*eats dots*

Ok, enough eating, let's vote. Don't like frogs

##Vote: Slippy

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
03-16-2008, 03:42 AM
Navi

Kirby;2446755']Now I know who Navi really is because they like to post that image with their real account.

##vote Navi

This will teach you to be more careful with your EoFF identity in future.

actually I put spam into google images and it was the first picture...

[M] D'Anna
03-16-2008, 03:43 AM
Hmmm...Navi's drawing a lot of attention. Looking obvious could be a strategy...

##Vote: Navi

[M] Gaius
03-16-2008, 03:43 AM
Kirby:

Master Hand;2446757']Liar. Some posted in the other thread. Then they should post in this thread too!
Pac Man;2446760']Don't like frogs

##Vote: SlippyThere's more than one frog in this game. Look out, you might get a strong backlash from the National Union of Frogs.

[M] Mom – Host
03-16-2008, 03:47 AM
VOTES DAY ONE:
##Vote: Solid Snake: Ganon
##vote Navi : Kirby, Solid Snake
##Vote: Crono : Sub-Zero
##Vote: Slippy : Pac Man

Not voting: Bowser, Crono, Frogger, Lara Croft, Link, Luigi, Magus, Mario, Mega Man, Navi, Peach, Pikachu, Samus, Slippy, Sonic, Space Invader, Star Fox

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
03-16-2008, 03:48 AM
Navi

Solid Snake;2446764']Hmmm...Navi's drawing a lot of attention. Looking obvious could be a strategy...

or I could just not like day one... although I did like day one in c9 where we spammed a lot

[M] Gaius
03-16-2008, 03:53 AM
Kirby:

Navi;2446767']or I could just not like day one... although I did like day one in c9 where we spammed a lotWhat did I say about being careful with your EoFF identity? :p

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
03-16-2008, 03:55 AM
Navi

hey maybe I'm gobo! or maybe I'm LoM! Maybe Dolen! Hell I may be Jojee for all you know:D

[M] Caprica
03-16-2008, 03:57 AM
Navi;2446767']
Solid Snake;2446764']Hmmm...Navi's drawing a lot of attention. Looking obvious could be a strategy...

or I could just not like day one... although I did like day one in c9 where we spammed a lot
Day 1 is not so bad, all we have to do is make discussion. With C9, it was the joke votes. I'm going to try and promote some discussion early, and hopefully we can root out the mafia.

And about Navi, mabey its qwerty for all we know. We should'nt be trying to find out who everyone is. That is what the mafia would want to do, not the town.

[M] Mom – Host
03-16-2008, 04:30 AM
.... hello? anyone out there?

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
03-16-2008, 04:33 AM
Navi

I think there is a bomb and/or a nexus. Normally they will say there isn't a nexus or bomb in the first post. This is a new host now though but I think they would say if there wasnt to help us out a little bit more.

[M] Mom – Host
03-16-2008, 04:39 AM
Maybe I just wanted you guys to go crazy ever think of that? WHO KNOWS?! I do :D

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
03-16-2008, 04:44 AM
Navi

lekana you are too nice to do that:D

[M] Mom – Host
03-16-2008, 04:49 AM
Says who? You obviously don't know me well enough.

[M] Joe - Army Dad
03-16-2008, 04:50 AM
Mario wears red, so he must be mafia.;)

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
03-16-2008, 04:54 AM
Navi

Master Hand;2446807']Says who? You obviously don't know me well enough.

oh come on! Diaf is pure niceness

Where is everyone!!!!!

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
03-16-2008, 05:00 AM
Lekana, nice? Maybe when Bowser brings Mario pink-frosted sugar cookies for his birthday and leaves Peach alone.

EDIT: Also, I'm bored. *yawns* It's about bed time.

[M] Colette
03-16-2008, 05:04 AM
Lara Croft

Everyone seems like they're really just randomly voting and randomly posting, so I can't really say that I have great thoughts of whats happened thus far. Out of everyone if I had to vote, it would be for Navi, because it seems like she's doing the whole "too stupid to be mafia," thing. Not really a great reason to have suspicion, but we really have nothing to go off of right now.

[M] Gaius
03-16-2008, 05:09 AM
Kirby:

##unvote

At least Navi is active, posting and contributing, so I'm taking my vote away from him for now.

Things of note:
Donkey Kong and Pac Man both launched "Hit-and-run" votes. :mog:
Solid Snake followed onto my vote on Navi, and Lara Croft has said that they find Navi to be the most suspicious so far.
Ganon keeps saying he wants to "promote discussion" without actually discussing anything. He also says we shouldn't discuss the identity of Navi...despite putting forth a suggestion as to who it might be.

We can't analyse who is what unless more of you get your asses out and post so come on.

##vote Space Invader

I'll take my vote off you when you post. I encourage the rest of you to do the same with other people who haven't posted, and then unvote them as soon as they make an appearance. Then looking over who is trying to keep low, who is trying to look like they are trying to contribute but really aren't, who is trying to start/join/stay away from bandwagons hopefully we'll have a decent shot at netting mafia today.

Are you guys afraid of posting just because day one is famous for stupidity and you're scared of being lynched? Yeah, fair point. But you're not really helping do anything about that. And yes, the mafia do like to target intelligent people at night. But if we all act intelligent, what the smurf are they going to do then? :)

Pac Man, what do you think of Solid Snake's vote for Navi?
Sonic, what do you think about Ganon's urges for discussion?
Peach, what are your views on Donkey Kong's hit-and-run vote?

[M] Joe - Army Dad
03-16-2008, 05:14 AM
Lara Croft;2446818']Everyone seems like they're really just randomly voting and randomly posting, so I can't really say that I have great thoughts of whats happened thus far. Out of everyone if I had to vote, it would be for Navi, because it seems like she's doing the whole "too stupid to be mafia," thing. Not really a great reason to have suspicion, but we really have nothing to go off of right now.

Of course everyone is randomly posting and voting, it's the first day.

Also, for not posting:
##Vote:Mega Man

[M] Caprica
03-16-2008, 05:17 AM
You see Kirby, I did promote discussion with my post. It is still really early in the game, but I am getting really bad vibes from Snake. The last time I got this vibe on day 1, it was about Buzz in the disney mafia. Buzz was the traitor.

lara, why do you suspect Navi?

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
03-16-2008, 05:29 AM
Navi

I think I know who kirby is...

So far...

Kirby: I think he is going to be a very smart player. He seems to be experienced.

Luigi: Most people are not posting, why choose mega man?

Ganon: I got nothing. Seems to have made a bit of a joke vote which I am fine with.

sub-zero: pure jokeness

Solid Snake: Seems to be trying to come in right behind someone to place more blame on them than themselves

Pac-man: Jokeness

Pikachu: nothing yet. No joke, no nothing. A helpfulish post and thats it.

Lara croft: 1 post showing suspicion. I bet we wont hear much more from her...

I need to go to bed now so I voting now just in case

[M] Gaius
03-16-2008, 05:41 AM
Kirby:

Ganon;2446823']It is still really early in the game, but I am getting really bad vibes from Snake. The last time I got this vibe on day 1, it was about Buzz in the disney mafia. Buzz was the traitor.I don't think you can compare the two. As far as I know, the traitor in Disney mafia did not know who any of the mafia were to begin with, (I believe the idea was for their identities to be revealed to the traitor over time, but I could be wrong) nor did they have access to the mafia forum and therefore the mafia grand strategy.

I suppose it could be applicable with the low levels of posting activity if Snake is the only one to have posted in the mafia forum so far, and therefore doesn't have the reassurance of his scumbuddies yet.

[M] Felix
03-16-2008, 05:42 AM
Pac-Man

No hit and run here. I'm keeping an eye out.:) you want my opinion? Ok. I'm suspicious of half of the people who posted at least, including you. Snake: spamming, votes for Navi for not a good reason but seems to try to justify it as a good one. Sub-Zero: lowkey voting for inactive member, then spamming. (don't say I did the same, I'm annoyed Slippy disappeared after I voted but was spamming before that. That and hate frogs.) Kirby: way too smart on day 1. Ganon: same as Kirby in trying to be smart. Lara Croft: ditto too. And I'm not seeing all the suspicion on Navi. Luigi: following Kirby's advice also with lowkey voting but was active before.

Ok? Discuss that.

[M] Gaius
03-16-2008, 05:48 AM
Kirby:

Pac Man;2446839']No hit and run here. I'm keeping an eye out.:) So you're sitting back and waiting for events to react to? Ok.
Sub-Zero: lowkey voting for inactive member, then spamming. (don't say I did the same, I'm annoyed Slippy disappeared after I voted but was spamming before that. That and hate frogs.) You did do the same, though, whether you choose to admit it or not. And you were spamming about dots but disappeared after you voted too. So y'know, pot, kettle, and all that.
Kirby: way too smart on day 1. Ganon: same as Kirby in trying to be smart. Lara Croft: ditto too.Acting smart is bad? ...what? :confused:

[M] Felix
03-16-2008, 05:54 AM
Pac-Man

yes, I'm waiting for things to happen:)

no, I did not do the same, read post. Slippy was active, I voted for him to see what he would say, he disappeared. Not the same thing at all as either what Sub-Zero did or disappearing after I vote.

yes, acting smart is bad, and acting smart while distorting what I said (see above) is extra bad. Kirby rises on my list :)

[M] Mom – Host
03-16-2008, 05:58 AM
VOTES DAY ONE:
##Vote: Pikachu : Donkey Kong (1)
##Vote: Solid Snake: Ganon, Navi (2)
##vote Navi : Kirby, Solid Snake (1)
##Vote: Crono : Sub-Zero (1)
##Vote: Slippy : Pac Man (1)
##Vote: Mega Man : Luigi (1)
##vote Space Invader : Kirby (1)

Not voting: Bowser, Crono, Frogger, Lara Croft, Link, Magus, Mario, Mega Man, Peach, Pikachu, Samus, Slippy, Sonic, Space Invader, Star Fox

[M] Gaius
03-16-2008, 06:08 AM
Kirby:

Slippy was active, I voted for him to see what he would say, he disappeared.Then how about you vote for somebody who is active to see what they have to say? I don't doubt that you'll take me up on that and vote for me, but if it's to see what I have to say, I'll spare you the bother: "Cool. :cool:".
Pac Man;2446850']yes, acting smart is badIgnore this, fellow players. Don't feel pressured into acting stupid just because somebody thinks it's bad not to. The fact that you're trying to subtly encourage people into hiding intelligence (or am I distorting things? ;)) is scummy, dear Pac Man.

What I'm doing is playing mafia how I think it should be played. I'm not going to put on some little act to try to hide myself unlike certain people. Hell, some might say putting on an act is incredibly suspicious...
while distorting what I said (see above) is extra badI distorted nothing. Slippy hadn't posted for almost an hour by the time you made your vote, so calling him active is a bit of a stretch.
Kirby rises on my list :)Heh. :)

[M] Helo
03-16-2008, 06:10 AM
Ok i just got back from keggs and eggs.(why are you guys here?)

I have to read up, gimme a sec.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
03-16-2008, 06:10 AM
well I can't blame anyone for being suspicious of me because yeah, I've been pretty lax in my posts. What do we honestly have to go by so early though? It was already said that not everyone has confirmed yet, that's why there are so many inactives.

With that said..I'm off to bed. It's late and I have work tomorrow :)

[M] Helo
03-16-2008, 06:17 AM
Ok.. i have no idea who to vote for.

Oh and btw, who is Crono? I wanted to be Link ;__;

Anyway, i'll wait for tomorrow to cast my vote. i'm too drunk right now.

[M] Felix
03-16-2008, 06:20 AM
Pac-Man

Well, screw this, I'll bite :jess: Anyone with half a brain knows who you are and you (and some people should) obviously know who I am so let's just see what happens, my scummy honey <3

Acting smart isn't bad? ;) Last I checked not wanting to get wiped by the mafia on the first night isn't so bad, which is something that you're distinctly not doing. Why is that? :O Weren't you the one that at the end of the last mafia game chastized people (note: Canada) for acting smart on the first day and then getting targeted by all the scum factions? Contradictions, contradictions.

I don't need to vote for you, you have plenty to say. You distorted nothing? Check again - me not posting after I voted equates to the same as Sub-Zero, eh? And yes, because someone hadn't posted for an hour here it means they're not lurking or anything. ;) It's a hell of a sure bet more than voting for a random inactive who hadn't posted at all.

Heh. :)

[M] Joe - Army Dad
03-16-2008, 06:20 AM
I have to log off for a few hours, so bye.

[M] Gaius
03-16-2008, 06:31 AM
Kirby:

Pac Man;2446871']Well, screw this, I'll bite :jess: Anyone with half a brain knows who you are and you (and some people should) obviously know who I am so let's just see what happens, my scummy honey <3Good! That was what I wanted. :kiss:

Acting smart isn't bad? ;) Last I checked not wanting to get wiped by the mafia on the first night isn't so bad, which is something that you're distinctly not doing. Why is that? :OI don't care if they want to kill me. It's a team effort. If I have to sacrifice myself to produce a useful day one then great. I don't want to have the town sitting on their arses until day five like last time, with nothing whatsoever to go on.
Weren't you the one that at the end of the last mafia game chastized people (note: Canada) for acting smart on the first day and then getting targeted by all the scum factions? Contradictions, contradictions.Canada acting smart wasn't a great idea because they were the cop and therefore the town were boned if they died. I didn't really want to publically claim that I am not the cop, just to keep the scum guessing, but you kinda forced me into this one: I am not the cop.
And yes, because someone hadn't posted for an hour here it means they're not lurking or anything. ;) What, like you ya mean?
It's a hell of a sure bet more than voting for a random inactive who hadn't posted at all. Debatable! Someone who has yet to check their computer today is more likely to show up than somebody who has already checked it and left. Or so I think.

[M] Felix
03-16-2008, 06:39 AM
Pac-Man

Good! That was what I wanted. :kiss: Yeah, wonderful thing. If you aren't actually mafia you're drawing out wonderful targets for them :jess:

I don't care if they want to kill me. It's a team effort. If I have to sacrifice myself to produce a useful day one then great. I don't want to have the town sitting on their arses until day five like last time, with nothing whatsoever to go on.
Neither do I, but Day 2 after a result is given would be a lot smarter bet than day 1 to "sacrifice yourself." If you're not mafia then you know you're a mafia magnet. You also seemed to think in the C9 game that you shouldn't act as yourself in the official games. All doesn't quite add up to me, a bit "kooky" if you must. ;)

What, like you ya mean? Yes, exactly like me.

Debatable! Someone who has yet to check their computer today is more likely to show up than somebody who has already checked it and left. Or so I think.
Not if they're lurking and haven't truly left.

But stop stealing all the spotlight. Luigi >=( Did you see what I posted about you at all? You're just gonna leave? Jerk. :p

[M] Gaius
03-16-2008, 06:46 AM
Kirby:

Pac Man;2446878']Yeah, wonderful thing. If you aren't actually mafia you're drawing out wonderful targets for them :jess:Targets are town power roles. Now, other than my "I am not a cop" claim, what targets have I drawn out?
Neither do I, but Day 2 after a result is given would be a lot smarter bet than day 1 to "sacrifice yourself." If you're not mafia then you know you're a mafia magnet. You also seemed to think in the C9 game that you shouldn't act as yourself in the official games. All doesn't quite add up to me, a bit "kooky" if you must. ;)Firstly, you're forgetting a key detail: People who die on night one usually get replaced back in. :choc2:

Secondly, after a result. A result of what? Everyone saying "Hmm yes day one is bad ##vote guy who used shifty smiley"? What analysis can a person draw from that?

Thirdly, Mafia tried to kill a certain someone in Staff mafia because they were smart. Where did that get them?

Mafia tried to kill a certain someone in C9 mafia because they were smart. Where did that get them?

Exactly.

But stop stealing all the spotlight. Luigi >=( Did you see what I posted about you at all? You're just gonna leave?Let's use :luigi: smileys to get his attention!

[M] Gaius
03-16-2008, 06:53 AM
Kirby:

Also I do think you might have a point about the spotlight. I get the feeling that certain people might be laying low to let us draw all the attention. I suggest we adjourn this discussion of why acting smart is terrible until Day Two after we find out who snuffs it in the night.

Important notice: I have an eye on Pac Man, yes, but I have two eyes on all of you who are trying to hide.

getcho asses out here!

[M] Felix
03-16-2008, 06:54 AM
Pac-Man

I'd like to think that I'm a target :( I'm smart, right? Hey, entertain my ego here.

Seriously though, it's not just power roles that are targets. Example: In staff game, when I was mafia, you were a target regardless of what role you were because you were smart.

Anyway, why are we the only two people posting now?

:luigi: :luigi: :luigi: :luigi: :luigi: :luigi: :luigi: :luigi: :luigi: :luigi: :luigi: :luigi: :luigi: :luigi: :luigi: :luigi: :luigi: :luigi:

[M] Mom – Host
03-16-2008, 06:57 AM
No kidding guys, don't let those fools take your possible glory.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
03-16-2008, 06:59 AM
##Vote: Link

Why? Because he is the most obvious one who killed Zelda! His woman talking to another man? I'm ruling Navi out because she would have tried to warn Zelda with a "Hey!" or "Look!"

And I'm wearing red not because of Mafia, but because I am a member of the Communist Party.

[M] Mom – Host
03-16-2008, 07:06 AM
VOTES DAY ONE:
##Vote: Slippy : Pac Man (1)
##vote Space Invader : Kirby (1)
##Vote: Link : Mario (1)

Not voting: Bowser, Crono, Frogger, Lara Croft, Link, Magus, Mega Man, Peach, Pikachu, Samus, Slippy, Sonic, Space Invader, Star Fox

Solid snake is the only one with a majority as of now.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
03-16-2008, 07:16 AM
Hey psy, guess what? Yeah thats right.

##vote Kirby

I said I would do it day one and damn as all hell if I am gonna go back on my word now ;D

[M] Gaius
03-16-2008, 07:21 AM
Kirby:

Hey, you expect me to keep up with every threat made against me?

Like you, though, I am true to my word.

##unvote
##vote: Samus

Same applies with you, Samus. I'll unvote you when you post. :greenie:

[M] Felix
03-16-2008, 07:24 AM
Pac-Man

Why do we still let this kid play? :heart: xD

I'll play too (although I think my game is a bit more productive :p)

##Unvote: Splity... or something... I forgot its name already
##Vote: Mario

Nothing serious to say after all that, Mario?

[M] Mom – Host
03-16-2008, 07:25 AM
VOTES DAY ONE:
##Vote: Slippy : Pac Man (0)
##vote Space Invader : Kirby (0)
##vote: Kirby : Space Invader (1)
##Vote: Mario : Pac Man (1)
##Vote: Samus : Kirby (1)

Not voting: Bowser, Crono, Frogger, Lara Croft, Link, Magus, Mega Man, Peach, Pikachu, Samus, Slippy, Sonic, Star Fox

EDIT: BAH RUINED MY VOTE COUNT >:/

[M] Al - Biker Dad
03-16-2008, 07:28 AM
Oh come on psy...you know who this is! I thought my hint in the vote would give it away.

Master hand...why do you still fail? Correct you fail!

[M] Gaius
03-16-2008, 07:29 AM
Kirby:

You're obsessed with posting vote counts, aren't you? :p

Also yeah, I was totally gonna call him Slappy earlier.

I think we have 8 non-posters now anyway: Bowser, Frogger, Magus, Mega Man, Peach, Samus, Sonic, Star Fox. I'm not saying you guys are scum for it so don't worry, I just want to hear something from you for obvious reasons!

EDIT:
Oh come on psy...you know who this is! Pretty sure I do but I can't remember you ever telling me you were gonna do this.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
03-16-2008, 07:32 AM
Kirby;2446900']You're obsessed with posting vote counts, aren't you? :p

Also yeah, I was totally gonna call him Slappy earlier.

I don't care if they are going to post counts or not but if you are gonna do it then at the very least, count correctly!

They said i voted for samus when it was you who voted for samus and I who voted for you and that isn't up there. Such fail.

Edit: Thought you were talking to me with that post. Oh well. It stands that masterhand is wrong.

[M] Mom – Host
03-16-2008, 07:34 AM
Yes, yes I am. I have nothing better to do. And you fail Space invader! You're full of fail. Diaf -.-

EDIT: BETTER?!?!?!?!?

VOTES DAY ONE:
##vote: Kirby : Space Invader (1)
##Vote: Mario : Pac Man (1)
##Vote: Samus : Kirby (1)
##vote Space Invader : Kirby (0)
##Vote: Slippy : Pac Man (0)

Not voting: Bowser, Crono, Frogger, Lara Croft, Link, Magus, Mega Man, Peach, Pikachu, Samus, Slippy, Sonic, Star Fox

[M] Al - Biker Dad
03-16-2008, 07:41 AM
It would have been even better if you got it right the first time. How can we trust that you will know the correct tally at the end if you mess up 3 posts that are all back to back like that? Who knows what other mistakes might be abound? Maybe I should post my own tally every time I post as a checks and balances against you? Like the government! This needs checks and balances to prevent drastic fail!

[M] Felix
03-16-2008, 07:41 AM
Pac-Man

Space Invader is full of fail, he should talk about who he thinks is suspicious. :rolleyes2 Dirty spammity spammer, don't make me change my vote! :tongue:

I think there's more post counts than actual posts now. ;)

And is everyone I vote for just going to start disappearing to spite me?

[M] Mom – Host
03-16-2008, 07:48 AM
MOST likely.... and stfu Space INvader. I messed up once. Paul did it a few times last couple games. We're not infallible!

[M] Al - Biker Dad
03-16-2008, 07:59 AM
I am full of fail. But I have no need to read everything yet. I just needed to find out who psy was and live up to my obligation to vote for him as I said I would do! I will read everything more in detail tomorrow and form opinions and post on day 2. But it is late and I have a never ending goal...well maybe not goal but it is just what I do.

BITCH at the people running the game! It isn't even night one and they are already screwing up left and right!

We're not infallible

That is right and I will be there bitching at every misstep.

*continues to fail on day 1*

Vote: Pikachu - Donkey Kong
Vote: Solid Snake - Ganon, Navi
Vote: Navi - <s>Kirby</s>, Solid Snake
Vote: Crono - Sub-Zero
Vote: Slippy - Pac Man
Vote: Space Invader - <s>Kirby</s>
Vote: Mega Man - Luigi
Vote: Link - Mario
Vote: Kirby - Space Invader
Vote: Samus - Kirby
Vote: Mario - Pac Man

[M] Felix
03-16-2008, 08:01 AM
Pac-Man

Now who's the fail one, you have me voting twice. Failcakes.

And yeah, I hate you all too, diaf and good night. :p

I'll be back.

[M] Ron - Cop Dad
03-16-2008, 08:05 AM
##unvote Link
##vote: Pac-Man

You want something serious? Fine, I was just trying to have some fun and lighten the mood. Therefore I am changing my vote. I'm now voting for you because I don't like you.

At this point, I don't see how you could possibly make a valid claim to a suspicion when nothing has happened yet. Unless someone comes out and says "I am this" you really don't have anything to go on.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
03-16-2008, 08:07 AM
SEE! This is why we have checks and balances. Also, I said I was full of fail on at the start of that post. No need to point out what has already been admitted xD

Vote: Navi - <s>Kirby</s>, Solid Snake
Vote: Slippy - <s>Pac Man</s>
Vote: Space Invader - <s>Kirby</s>
Vote: Link - <s>Mario</s>
Vote: Kirby - Space Invader
Vote: Pac Man - Mario

[M] Joe - Army Dad
03-16-2008, 10:03 AM
Pac Man;2446878']
But stop stealing all the spotlight. Luigi >=( Did you see what I posted about you at all? You're just gonna leave? Jerk. :p

Yes, I did, but I had to go to church.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
03-16-2008, 10:56 AM
hey walla walla walla hey hey.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
03-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Pac Man;2446896']
##Unvote: Splity... or something... I forgot its name already

:cry:

Geez 3 pages when I wake up. And geez what like 30 votes and not a single band wagon yet? I think that's a first.

Anyways I'm going to throw out my vote as I work in a bit and might miss the deadline.

Anyways I find Pacman and Kirby the most suspicious at the moment. Kirby is playing a big smart game, and that tends to get us killed off night 1, if he's mafia trying that as a tactic then he'll be a-ok tonight. Else wise he's either protected for night kills or is just a really dumb-smart guy.

I don't have enough time to write up on Pacman, but I just don't like the dude, something isn't right about him. Since there's not a whole lot to go on, so my vote goes on him for now.

##Vote: Pacman

Now hopefully there isn't another 5 pages to read through by the time I get back. :eep:

[M] Dee
03-16-2008, 11:04 AM
Right then, lets get reading.

[M] Athena
03-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Hey now looks like I'm already late to the party. When did the 16 hours officially start? Just in case I don't get back here in time I'll make my vote now.

Vote: [M] Peach

Cause if posts like this are what we have to look forward to for the rest of the game, I'm gonna kill myself.

Peach;2446942']hey walla walla walla hey hey.

[M] Mom – Host
03-16-2008, 11:44 AM
Everyone I need confirmation Pm's! because of stupid time zones it looks like I'll be tending this game on my own for a while and I need as little confusion as possible.

[M] Adama
03-16-2008, 12:00 PM
Okay, someone killed Lekana and DD.

I fail to see how someone has done anything wrong here.

Also, sorry for not posting earlier, I started playing a game. :p

Anyway, I was thinking the same thing slippy was about Kirbs right after his first big post. Sorry Kirbman, you're fun to play in smash. :cry:

##vote: Kirby

[M] Mom – Host
03-16-2008, 12:02 PM
Oh that was me DD by the way.

~DD

[M] Colette
03-16-2008, 12:59 PM
Lara Croft

Ganon;2446823']You see Kirby, I did promote discussion with my post. It is still really early in the game, but I am getting really bad vibes from Snake. The last time I got this vibe on day 1, it was about Buzz in the disney mafia. Buzz was the traitor.

lara, why do you suspect Navi?

My suspect isn't really high, I just wanted to read everything and make a post before I go to sleep.

Navi;2446832']
Lara croft: 1 post showing suspicion. I bet we wont hear much more from her...

And why's that? You thought I was actually gonna just bandwagon on you and run away? :rolleyes2

Pac-Man's "acting smart is bad," has piqued my interest. Why the hell would acting smart be bad? In my opinion all town should be trying to be as smary as they can, to pick out who is, and isn't mafia, and when they feel they are right, persuade others. Acting smart is not bad, encouraging others to act like a retard is scum.

Space Invader's "Hey Psychotic look at me, I'm telling you who I am like I said I would," is pretty susipicous to me. In the past mafian game I played we ALWAYS looked out for Psychotic. His also near fetish like obsession seems like more of a cover to make him look like he's trying to help the town (correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Shlup do that on Day one as well?).

Lastly Bowser's made two quick votes with little backing it up within the same hour, seriously wtf?

Anyway, people start showing up! And since I don't know how much time we have.

## Vote: Space Invader

Hopefully we have more time for dicussion though.

[M] Mom – Host
03-16-2008, 01:04 PM
5 hours left.

~DD

[M] Mom – Host
03-16-2008, 01:09 PM
Vote: Navi - <S>Kirby</S>, Solid Snake
Vote: Slippy - <S>Pac Man</S>
Vote: Space Invader - <S>Kirby, </S>Lara croft
Vote: Link - <S>Mario</S>
Vote: Kirby - Space Invader, Bowser
Vote: Pac Man - Mario, Slippy
Vote: Peach: - Samus<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Freya
03-16-2008, 02:56 PM
Sigh.... Space invader. I will come find you and kick you in the face if you keep trying to show me up :mad2:

VOTES DAY ONE:
##Vote Solid Snake: Ganon, Navi (2)
##vote Kirby : Space Invader, Bowser(2)
##Vote Pikachu : Donkey Kong (1)
##Vote Crono : Sub-Zero (1)
##Vote Mega Man : Luigi (1)
##Vote Mario : Pac Man (1)
##Vote Samus : Kirby (1)
##vote Pac-Man : Mario (1)
##Vote Slippy : Pac Man (1)
##Vote Peach : Samus (1)
##vote Space Invader : Kirby Lara Croft(1)
##Vote Link : Mario (0)

Not voting: Crono, Frogger, Link, Magus, Mega Man, Peach, Pikachu, Sonic, Star Fox

You guys fail you don't even post the who hasn't voted.

ALSO we have no majority.

[M] Mom – Host
03-16-2008, 02:57 PM
Some of us haven't got all the time in the world to collect statistics. >:(

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
03-16-2008, 03:40 PM
Navi

well I am glad lara proved me wrong...

How dumb are some of you people... Let me give everyone a hint....

Think through the game as if you were on both sides. A townie who can think like a mafia is the best townie in the game.

I think saying kirby should be killed in the night and if he's not killed he's mafia is idiotic. Look at it from a mafia stand-point... Kirby is a really smart player and they think he should be killed tonight. Lets not kill him so they lynch them tommorrow. Everyone knows this would be what the mafia would do.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
03-16-2008, 03:41 PM
Link

That vote count looks more suspicious than anything I've seen in this thread so far. :P

I've read the entire thread and I still don't know what to do, but I feel like I should vote so I'll just bandwagon. xD

##Vote: Pac-Man

If he does die, I really hope he does that thing where his mouth opens up so much he swallows himself.

[M] Colette
03-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Lara Croft

Navi;2447042']well I am glad lara proved me wrong...

How dumb are some of you people... Let me give everyone a hint....

Think through the game as if you were on both sides. A townie who can think like a mafia is the best townie in the game.

I think saying kirby should be killed in the night and if he's not killed he's mafia is idiotic. Look at it from a mafia stand-point... Kirby is a really smart player and they think he should be killed tonight. Lets not kill him so they lynch them tommorrow. Everyone knows this would be what the mafia would do.

Whats this? Setting up a chain lynch?

Believe me, I know how to think like mafia. And Mafians love giving advice, and chain lynching. Right now Pac-Man has the lead for being killed (I believe). If you're mafia you're playing by the book obviousness. Make sure someone other then a mafian gets killed today, then tonight since you have control of the kill you know Kirby won't die, everyone goes OMG STILL ALIVE, and kills Kirby tommorow.

Thats one scummy act for you.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
03-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Navi

Mario retaliated and slippy and Link bandwagoned. There is really no need to bandwagon in day 1 where at least some people are playing seriously. My suspect list(highest is most suspicious)...

Solid snake
Mario
Bowser
Slippy
Link

I have bowser up there because he made a dumb vote and to me it seemed he just tried to do the same as snake. I wish more people would post though...

Edit: Whats a chain Lynch?

Editx2:
Lara Croft;2447059']Make sure someone other then a mafian gets killed today, then tonight since you have control of the kill you know Kirby won't die, everyone goes OMG STILL ALIVE, and kills Kirby tommorow.

No... thats what I am trying to stop

Freya
03-16-2008, 04:15 PM
VOTES DAY ONE:
##vote Kirby : Space Invader, Bowser(2)
##vote Pac-Man : Mario, Link (2)
##vote Space Invader : Kirby Lara Croft(1)
##Vote Link : Mario (0)

Not voting: Crono, Frogger, Magus, Mega Man, Peach, Pikachu, Sonic, Star Fox

Snake, Kirby and Pac man are all tied at the moment.

[M] Colette
03-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Lara Croft

Navi;2447060']Mario retaliated and slippy and Link bandwagoned. There is really no need to bandwagon in day 1 where at least some people are playing seriously. My suspect list(highest is most suspicious)...

Solid snake
Mario
Bowser
Slippy
Link

I have bowser up there because he made a dumb vote and to me it seemed he just tried to do the same as snake. I wish more people would post though...

Edit: Whats a chain Lynch?

Editx2:
Lara Croft;2447059']Make sure someone other then a mafian gets killed today, then tonight since you have control of the kill you know Kirby won't die, everyone goes OMG STILL ALIVE, and kills Kirby tommorow.

No... thats what I am trying to stop

Oh, I reread, your post and it was kinda worded poorly so I couldn't tell whether you meant you thought that, or you didn't.

:p

[M] Caprica
03-16-2008, 04:48 PM
OK, I am 100% sure that Snake is scum. He voted early for Navi right after Kirby did, and repeating what the mafia have done in the past to hide under the radar. I assure you, Snake is not good for the town, and if he is not scum, he didn't actually contribute anything today. My vote for him was a jokevote, but now it is my serious vote.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
03-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Kirby;2446821']##unvote

At least Navi is active, posting and contributing, so I'm taking my vote away from him for now.

Things of note:
Donkey Kong and Pac Man both launched "Hit-and-run" votes. :mog:
Solid Snake followed onto my vote on Navi, and Lara Croft has said that they find Navi to be the most suspicious so far.
Ganon keeps saying he wants to "promote discussion" without actually discussing anything. He also says we shouldn't discuss the identity of Navi...despite putting forth a suggestion as to who it might be.

We can't analyse who is what unless more of you get your asses out and post so come on.

##vote Space Invader

I'll take my vote off you when you post. I encourage the rest of you to do the same with other people who haven't posted, and then unvote them as soon as they make an appearance. Then looking over who is trying to keep low, who is trying to look like they are trying to contribute but really aren't, who is trying to start/join/stay away from bandwagons hopefully we'll have a decent shot at netting mafia today.

Are you guys afraid of posting just because day one is famous for stupidity and you're scared of being lynched? Yeah, fair point. But you're not really helping do anything about that. And yes, the mafia do like to target intelligent people at night. But if we all act intelligent, what the smurf are they going to do then? :)

Pac Man, what do you think of Solid Snake's vote for Navi?
Sonic, what do you think about Ganon's urges for discussion?
Peach, what are your views on Donkey Kong's hit-and-run vote?

Giving advice is too mafia-like, Kirby. Then again, Navi is doing the same...And, Navi's posts seem to have a nervous sort of undertone to them...almost frantic, as if she knows that her lynching means a town victory...

Mafian? I'd like to think so.

##Unvote: Crono

[M] D'Anna
03-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Ganon;2447079']OK, I am 100% sure that Snake is scum. He voted early for Navi right after Kirby did, and repeating what the mafia have done in the past to hide under the radar. I assure you, Snake is not good for the town, and if he is not scum, he didn't actually contribute anything today. My vote for him was a jokevote, but now it is my serious vote.

Geez, a guy can't go to sleep after a long night? If you aks me, you just want to lynch me because I'm so awesome in Brawl. Ether that, or just jumping on a bias bandwagon because my name is Snake. Nevertheless, I won't change to my decision...

[M] Mom – Host
03-16-2008, 05:42 PM
16 Hours is over very soon.

EDIT: Come on someone vote and end day one!

[M] Felix
03-16-2008, 06:00 PM
Pac-Man

Wow, I did not expect to come back to see myself in lead with votes. I have a few things to say about this :)

1. Wow, that's suspicious. What exactly did I do that was so shifty, besides oh - post a lot and start acting smart on the first day? (And by the way, I'll reiterate the two reasons why acting smart is bad on the first day - draws attention to you like so and gets everyone in the mentality of "OMG they posted a lot or drew attention to themselves LYNCH LYNCH LYNCH" and also because it makes you a mafia target in the night) If you're going to lynch everyone that speaks up, then you're going to have a lot of trouble; see last game.

If you're going to end up lynching me, fine, you can play it just like in staff mafia. Hey, maybe I'll even get replaced. But why waste a first day's vote like that? You know I'm smart and I can be an invaluable asset to the town (or at least I hope so :P). Hell, if you want to see me dead, you don't need to lift a finger, I'm sure mafia will be happy to do it at night. xD

2. About the people who voted for me - I find all of them a bit suspicious. :}

Vengeful, Mario? I thought it was obvious my vote for you was to get you to talk and give your opinion, not because I actually thought you were scum. Well hey, maybe it's only obvious to people who played C9, although you seem bright enough. But to say that there's no valid claims to a suspicion at this point? There's many valid claims ;) Plenty have happened, and a lot of discussion or lack of discussion has already gone on. There's info to draw from that and if you've found no one suspicious then clearly something is wrong. Does this mean all the suspicions are correct? Hell no. But there's certainly valid suspicions.

Slippy's going on hunches and Link's openly admitting to bandwagoning is interesting. Trying to protect anyone?

Joke voting phase and discussion time is over, peeps. Time to lynch :</>D I'll be casting my real vote soon.

[M] Dave – Stepdad
03-16-2008, 06:00 PM
Erk.

Sorry I took so long to get here guys...I had to come from the other side of town and...yeah, traffic was bad. You saw thatone coming. I was pretty much thinking the same as Sub-Zero when I read through this, but I think that Kirby's coming off as quite pushy, so I'm going to go with him - although I still think it's too early to really tell anything.

##Vote: Kirby

[M] Felix
03-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Pac-Man

What, why now? If you're going by 16 hours, we still have 50 minutes o_O

If I vote now, you're going to force me to vote for Kirby since we're tied.

[M] Mom – Host
03-16-2008, 06:04 PM
VOTES DAY ONE:
##vote Kirby : Space Invader, Bowser, Frogger. (3)
##vote Pac-Man : Mario, Link, Slippy (3)
##vote Navi : <S>Kirby</S>, Solid Snake, Sub-Zero (2)
##vote Space Invader : <S>Kirby</S> Lara Croft(0)
##Vote Link : <S>Mario</S> (0)

Not voting: Crono, Magus, Mega Man, Peach, Pikachu, Sonic, Star Fox

Kirby is so close to the gallows...

EDIT2: I am giving 45 more minutes. Then voting is officially over.

[M] Colette
03-16-2008, 06:06 PM
Lara Croft

I'm going to switch my vote to keep the day alive a bit longer...

## Unvote: Space Invaders
** Vote: Pac-Man

I'll be back with my thoughts, I'm just making sure our day doesn't end :D

[M] Felix
03-16-2008, 06:06 PM
Pac-Man

16 votes from everyone's computer, dear xD

Also you missed Slippy's vote for me.

Edit: Wow, okay. This is just like staff mafia. See if I ever act smart on 1st day again. xD

Del Murder
03-16-2008, 06:10 PM
Day 1 started at 6:55 pm Pacific time.

6pm + 16 = 10am

16 hours is up at 10:55 AM pacific time.

That is 45 minutes from now.

Game moderators, stop making posts every five minutes and pay attention to your game. :twak:

[M] Gaius
03-16-2008, 06:13 PM
Kirby:

##unvote

Bowser and Slippy are very suspicious to me for trying to set me up for a lynch tomorrow "in case I survive". That's the worst logic I've ever seen and I suspect it's the scum trying to eliminate a smart player by getting the town against them.

Guys, read my discussion with Pac-Man about being smart. I explained it perfectly. "HURRR SCUM GONNA KILL YOU". So what? The scum have got to kill someone.

Doctor, don't protect me tonight. Protect yourself. I think the scum are going to kill someone else then try to screw me over tomorrow for surviving.

Don't vote for me. I'm an important town role. I will PROVE that tomorrow. Just give me until tomorrow. If you still think I'm scummy then, vote for me then. Okay?

##vote Solid Snake

If you guys do end up lynching me then frankly you deserve the loss that is coming to you.

[M] Colette
03-16-2008, 06:14 PM
Lara Croft

Alright lets start with the votes.

##vote Pac-Man : Mario, Link (2)

Kirby was voted for by Space Invader, I don't particularly trust Space Invader right now, so that makes me more content with Kirby.

Pac-Man seems like he really plans on contributing, so if he is mafia I think we can catch him easier making me more content with him.

Snake did vote for someone who already had a vote (possibly trying to set up a bandwagon) and hide himself, so I'm less content with him then Kirby or Pac-Man.

And thus...

##Unvote: Pac-Man

EDIT: Damn Kirby voted while I posted I didn't mean that but we still have 45 minutes right?

[M] Mom – Host
03-16-2008, 06:17 PM
40 minutes yes

VOTES DAY ONE:
##Vote Solid Snake: Ganon, Navi, Kirby, Lara croft, Pac-man, Pikachu (6)
##vote Pac-Man : Mario, Link, Slippy, Lara (3)
##vote Navi : <S>Kirby</S>, Solid Snake, Sub-Zero (2)
##Vote Mario : Pac Man (0)
##Vote Samus : Kirby (0)
##Vote Slippy : Pac Man (0)
##vote Space Invader : <S>Kirby</S> Lara Croft(0)
##Vote Link : <S>Mario</S> (0)

Not voting: Crono, Magus, Mega Man, Peach, , Sonic, Star Fox

[M] D'Anna
03-16-2008, 06:17 PM
Great, I get lynched from hiding when I was really asleep. It was 1:00 in the morning people...

[M] Colette
03-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Lara Croft

We had 16 hours, you've barely posted other then a vote. I'm not gonna remove my vote out of pity :P

[M] D'Anna
03-16-2008, 06:25 PM
Well, it is kinda hard to post when I'm knocked out in my bed...

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
03-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Navi

So you slept for 16 hours straight? hmmm

[M] Felix
03-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Pac-Man

##Unvote

I think that's our best bet right now, reasons stated before. Link is pretty high up on my list as well. And a lot of you are still on the list. :P

Instead of complaining why don't you post something productive, Snake? Opinions, why you voted for Navi, anything?

[M] D'Anna
03-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Navi;2447148']So you slept for 16 hours straight? hmmm

Think about what you just said. If I was sleep for 16 straight, It would be night already.

*sign* Alright, this is my first time playing and I'm a cop...

Edit: And I already gave my reasons for voting the person I did. He's acting strange and post sort of frantically...

[M] Felix
03-16-2008, 06:34 PM
Pac-Man

Whoa xD Roleclaim.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
03-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Link

I like how you can't so much as sneeze on day 1 without being accused of something.

[M] Felix
03-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Pac-Man

Okay, I don't know. *dies* xD Could you elaborate; did you have any stipulations or anything?

Edit: There are ten minutes left.

[M] Apollo
03-16-2008, 06:42 PM
I'm not really suspicious of Kirby at all. I don't see the logic behind lynching somebody because they're smart. Kirby has been contributing to the thread and encouraging thought and posts. I see this as a good thing rather than a bad thing. :yap:

I'm going to vote for Solid Snake due to the fact he quickly followed Kirby's vote on Navi.

Edit: Oh what, a roleclaim whilst I was posting! My vote stands for the time being, because this could be a last minute attempt to save yourself from the chop.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
03-16-2008, 06:43 PM
Navi

now that might be true, or it may be a last effort to save himself... I dont know.

[M] Dee
03-16-2008, 06:43 PM
Would it be stupid to bust in from nowhere and vote?

[M] Mom – Host
03-16-2008, 06:44 PM
15 Minutes left....

[M] D'Anna
03-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Link;2447164']I like how you can't so much as sneeze on day 1 without being accused of something.

I know what you mean. And, for the record, I didn't follow anyone but my own ideas. Whatever, I'll get the rope...

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
03-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Link

The Metal Gear Solid theme is playing in my head right now. DUM DUM DAH-DAH-DAH! DUM DUM DUM!

[M] D'Anna
03-16-2008, 06:49 PM
Kill the cop if you must...:rolleyes2

[M] Felix
03-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Pac-Man

Hm, I would like to hear why you bandwagoned on me for no reason, Link. Especially since I think I was tied with a couple people.

Edit: There's really not enough time now even if you are the cop. If you really are, you should have claimed earlier. Sorry if you're the cop.

Edit2: Okay, not claimed earlier since that would be a bad idea but... ah, I don't know.

Edit3: Okay just gonna to go with this and cross my fingers.

[M] Dee
03-16-2008, 06:51 PM
that smilie means he's lying!

I think...

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
03-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Link

Like you just said. I did it for no reason. I have no idea who to vote for this early, so I voted for you. Now that you're calling everyone and their mother suspicious, though, I'm fine to keep my vote on you. You need to chill.

[M] D'Anna
03-16-2008, 06:53 PM
Star Fox;2447185']that smilie means he's lying!

I think...

I'm being sarcastic. Of course you don't kill a cop!

[M] Mom – Host
03-16-2008, 06:53 PM
Snake hung his head as he approached the gallows, his eyes were closed and his hands were clenched.
King DeDeDe placed the evil rope over his head and readied the pull....

STOP!!!!!!!

A messenger came rushing into the scene with a letter addressed to the towns people.

To towns people

I have decided to call of today's death, I hope you are all understanding of this.

Yours sincerely Governor.

Everyone was shocked as snake was released and day turned to night ... And nobody was dead.

NIGHT ACTIONS BEGIN!

[M] Felix
03-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Pac-Man

Everyone and their mothers is suspicious, pretty much. You shouldn't completely trust anyone in this game - myself included - until they're somehow proven innocent. Voicing suspicions to get people to talk and see how those people address them can be very telling.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
03-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Dammit didn't get my vote in on time!

[M] Mom – Host
03-17-2008, 01:40 AM
All was quiet. The air was cool and palpable. A box slowly moved across the room. What was under it? Something obviously, it inched further and further across the floor. A rumble was heard along with a smash of glass. A boulder fell out of the window and on top of the box. Solid Snake was Killed.

Snake was a Mafia recruiter. Thanks for playing TyphoonThaReapa.

All was quiet as they stared horrified at the squished box of Solid snake. Day two was here.
Majority of 11 for a lynch. 24 hours in the day. GO GO GO!

[M] Athena
03-17-2008, 01:44 AM
Ok. o_o

So Snake roleclaimed Cop, Governer stops the town from lynching him, night time comes around, somebody (vig, sk, etc) kills Snake who turns out to be not just Mafia but Mafia recruitor. Crazy!

[M] Gaius
03-17-2008, 01:46 AM
Kirby:

There's a new sherriff in town.

Why? R-R-R-R-R-ROLECLAIM! Day Vigilante is what.

Why are you claiming now?
Because when I kill people I have to publically state in the thread ##kill: Whoever. You're going to find out sooner or later when I take someone out, so I have decided to tell you all in advance. I didn't claim yesterday because I was not allowed to use my ability on Day One. I figured if I did claim, you'd all scream for proof at me. If you do doubt my claim, I can now provide proof...but the proof will be me shooting you. :shoot:

How do we know you're not a Mafia Assassin?
Have a cop investigate me. I can't be both the assassin and the godfather, can I?

I'm not just going to go blasting randomly like previous vigilantes have done. They've smurfed the town over and I don't want to make that mistake. If I want to kill someone, I'll let them and all of you know and have you guys give feedback on it.

And right now I'd like your thoughts on the likes of Bowser and Slippy, who seemed to think that acting intelligently was positively dripping with scuminess. Why would you want me to keep my mouth shut? The more I talk, the more you people can analyse me, and the same goes for all of you. These two (among others) were trying to shut down intelligent posting just so we'd lynch in the dark, which is precisely what the scum would want.

[M] Colette
03-17-2008, 01:47 AM
Lara Croft

Alright. A mafian died... that means a few things could have happened. I'm going to post what I think the night can have taught us...

A. We have a second killing party
B. We have a Nexus (I don't know if it was announced whether or not they'll be in this game), or some role like that (bus driver maybe?).

Now, there was only 1 kill so if we B didn't happen then we can assume that the second kill was either...
A. Blocked
or
B. They used Typhoon's Recruit

If B happened then yesterday didn't clear anyone (sadly that includes me).

EDIT: Whoa roleclaim, brb with a post.

[M] Adama
03-17-2008, 01:50 AM
Wow. Governer dude fucked up.

I think Pikachu is the only one who voted for snake that is going to remain suspicious. At that point it was basically a Lynch about to happen, so if Pika was Mafia he may have band waggoned on just to look innocent.

Not enough to vote for him, just saying it's a possobility.

I really don't think Mafia would try to lynch recruiter day 1.

Given this recent light of events however, I think it's also safe to assume that he used his recruit power tonight, as he was very close to a lynching, and probably didn't think he'd last long.

So now we also work under the assumption someone else is Mafia that wasn't before, and I suspect its one who voted for Snake that was recruited.

Edit: I now suspect Kirby the least, and I'd assume thats a power role that can't be converted, so I see no reason to doubt you dude. Sorry for voting for you.

Edit2: And I never said it was dripping with scumminess silly. It's just after last game I wouldn't think a power role would try to sound smart on day one, so they would get themselves killed by the Mafia immidiatly again. So I figured you were either Mafia who knew they'd be safe, or a townie who was trying to keep a power role safe. I didn't want to take a chance it was option 1, however turns out I was wrong on both accounts.

[M] Caprica
03-17-2008, 01:52 AM
Samus;2447507']Ok. o_o

So Snake roleclaimed Cop, Governer stops the town from lynching him, night time comes around, somebody (vig, sk, etc) kills Snake who turns out to be not just Mafia but Mafia recruitor. Crazy!
Sounds about right. The one thing is that either the doctor was good at protecting, or the mafia recruted someone last. I hope it was the former.

If it was a vig, then great job! If you were a serial killer, thanks for the kill, we will get you later.

[M] Colette
03-17-2008, 01:57 AM
Lara Croft

Alright Kirby this is my thoughts on the two you've asked about.

Slippy seems like s/he is suffering from firstdayitis and just wanted to bitch about people trying to act like they know what they're doing day one because s/he doesn't.

Bowser's piqued my interested more. Slippy at least came up with the "don't be smart" bullcrap. Bowser just agreed with him, and I've found mafians like to agree with others rather then make new ideas.

Also his latest post makes wonder. I think he might try and make us go on a wild goose hunt for everyone who voted for Snake.

I still need to hear more from both though, especially Slippy.

[M] Adama
03-17-2008, 01:57 AM
Kirby: You adressed me, so I'll respond. If you ever should decide to go for a day kill on me, I beg that you give me a warning first, as I too happen to have a rock solid role claim. However, it's wise to keep town roles hidden from the mafia as long as possible, so they can't possibly tell who's doc/cop so I'll wait with that till I'm in a pickle.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
03-17-2008, 01:59 AM
Wow...Kirby, you're off my suspect list.

[M] Gaius
03-17-2008, 02:00 AM
Kirby:

I offer you all my assurances that I will announce my intention to kill someone long before I actually do pull the trigger.

In many ways, this is like giving the town a second lynch vote. And I think it'll also be a good way to settle cop claims quickly.

[M] Gaius
03-17-2008, 02:07 AM
Kirby:

Oh also, I will state I cannot kill people at night. Solid Snake's death had nothing to do with me.

[M] Caprica
03-17-2008, 02:29 AM
Alright Kirby, here are my thoughts.

bowser seems to just be new at this, and is not scum. Slippy, I'm not sure about.

And I will believe your roleclaim, but that means we have a serial killer in our midst, so we'd better be careful. We need to get more discussion, so I'll make a vote, this will come off when you post.

##Vote: Frogger

[M] Felix
03-17-2008, 02:30 AM
Pac-Man

Hahaha oh fun. :</>D Okay Pac-Man notes time. I think I've got everyone, and for gods sake just because I mentioned something about you does not mean I'm going OMG MAFIA LYNCH THEM so don't freak out! I'd just like to hear you talk. :}~

<b>Kirby</b>: Cleared unless some crazy shiet happens.

<b>Ganon, Navi, Lara Croft</b>: Pretty much cleared but could have been recruited.

<b>Pikachu</b>: Could be as above, but could have bandwagoned in the end.

<b>Donkey Kong</b>: Votes first, then disappears.

<b>Sub-Zero</b>: Low key posting and voting in beginning. Suspects Kirby, votes Navi.

<b>Luigi</b>: Low key voting following Kirby's advice.

<b>Crono</b>: lol drunk. Nothing useful.

<b>Mario</b>: Vengeful voting / "no valid suspicions day 1."

<b>Space Invader</b>: Purely joke posts, votes Kirby.

<b>Peach</b>: Posted once "hey guyz"

<b>Slippy</b>: Chain lynch for Kirby and trying to get me killed day 1.

<b>Star Fox</b>: Was here at the end of the day but didn't vote.

<b>Samus</b>: Random vote for Peach, nothing else.

<b>Bowser</b>: Agrees with Slippy / votes for Kirby.

<b>Link</b>: Voted for me for no reason.

<b>Frogger</b>: One post, votes for Kirby.

<b>Sonic</b>: Shows up just as voting ends.

<b>Everyone else</b>: I think I got everyone that posted in this thread. <b>Magus</b> and <b>Megaman</b> hasn't posted at all.

[M] Eizen
03-17-2008, 02:44 AM
Sorry I'm late. Time to do some reading!

EDIT:

Right now I'm getting bad vibes from Sub-Zero. Just my gut talking, though. Nothing worth voting on just yet :p

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
03-17-2008, 03:06 AM
Magus;2447552']
Sorry I'm late. Time to do some reading!

EDIT:

Right now I'm getting bad vibes from Sub-Zero. Just my gut talking, though. Nothing worth voting on just yet :p
Because I said you were sexy? :(

My biggest suspicion right now is still Navi because of her frantic posts.

@ Pac-Man: Low-key voting makes me suspicious you say? Real-life going-ons are more important to me atm. I'd love to devote all my time to this game, but I have my future to think about. So, that's why I've been more lax in my posting than I should be. So, I apologize.

Just consider that some of us have a lot going on in our lives right now, what with it nearing the end of my last year in high school :p No hard feelings, I promise.

[M] Gaius
03-17-2008, 03:10 AM
Kirby:

My thoughts on the tail end of yesterday and the night kill issue are as follows.

At the time, I thought the Governor made a good call. I am also inclined to believe that there are either two scum factions or a serial killer. If there is a night vig, and we must not rule that out, then I doubt that they would strike someone who claimed cop without giving them a chance to talk more. On a random tangent, in a mafia game on another forum that I was in, the day vig killed the night vig out of the blue...and everyone called him an idiot for it. :lol: But I digress!

TyphoonThaReapa's first mafia game and a cop claim? Someone experienced is on the scum team, I think, and guided him. It is clear that the real cop would investigate him that night and out him today, and so I believe they used his power last night, hence why they did not make a kill.

Who would they recruit? Some have suggested they would recruit people who voted for Snake as a distancing attempt. I think they might have gone for me, but were told they couldn't. So who would be second on their list? Hmm. I don't know. Whoever it is will trip themselves up eventually... ;)

It's worth nothing the following things:

What rival bandwagons were set up to oppose the Solid Snake one?
Pikachu voted for Solid Snake after he claimed cop and nobody unvoted him. Distancing attempt?

Oh, and also, I will use my power on anyone who has a crazy mental break down like Demon Dude in the last game. It's a scum's idea of heaven when someone does that, to have us all discussing Captain Lunatic and not them, and plus we can't analyse votes because everyone can use the "they're crazy!" excuse. So I'm just popping them.

[M] Eizen
03-17-2008, 03:10 AM
It's partly because I really really wanted to be a Mortal Kombat character and I'm jealous :cry:

[M] Colette
03-17-2008, 03:25 AM
Lara Croft

Who would they recruit? Some have suggested they would recruit people who voted for Snake as a distancing attempt. I think they might have gone for me, but were told they couldn't. So who would be second on their list? Hmm. I don't know. Whoever it is will trip themselves up eventually... ;)

This is a very difficult question. Its very possible they might have just picked someone under the radar to make sure they get a mafian.

Magus I think you need to elebrate on your "vibes".

Sub-Zero, you said that Kirby was off your susipcious list. Why? His roleclaim has yet to be proven.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
03-17-2008, 03:26 AM
Magus;2447573']It's partly because I really really wanted to be a Mortal Kombat character and I'm jealous :cry:
:[ I sowwy. :choc2:<-- that should cheer you up

@laura croft: he's off my suspicions list because I'd rather take a chance on him being truthful than to find out he's lying and be the one to bite the bullet, so to speak :(

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
03-17-2008, 03:27 AM
All I know is I'm ace!

[M] Colette
03-17-2008, 03:32 AM
Lara Croft

Sonic its about time you've posted something productive! Read, and post now.

[M] Gaius
03-17-2008, 03:32 AM
Kirby:

Lara Croft;2447582']This is a very difficult question. Its very possible they might have just picked someone under the radar to make sure they get a mafian.Maybe. I think it's something the cop should look at, although I am also anxious to be investigated myself just to eliminate any little dramas about my role that might occur down the line. On the subject of cops, last night should have helped you realise that you're either naive/insane or real/paranoid, provided you investigated Snake.
Sonic;2447584']All I know is I'm ace!:quarter:

[M] Adama
03-17-2008, 03:47 AM
I'm not going to wonder much about who got recruited just yet. This is because the most obvious choice of the mafia would be to recruit someone who voted for snake as those would be clear, but then again this is so obvious that the mafia might've gone for somebody else in hope that the town would see through this old trick. It won't do me much good in speculating about this so I'm just not going to. I'll concentrate on finding the other mafians. Hopefully this recruitee will find ways to screw up in the future.

I agree that whoever killed Snake is scum and thought he was a cop when they targetted him. I don't think it was a night vig, it would involve too big a risk.

Eh. I don't mind making a move, so here goes:

Sub Zero has been behaving a bit weird. After having a few fingers pointed at him he excused his behaviour saying it might've come off as scummy. That's a pretty defensive statement, not sure if a townie would say the same. The quote I'm talking about:

well I can't blame anyone for being suspicious of me because yeah, I've been pretty lax in my posts. What do we honestly have to go by so early though? It was already said that not everyone has confirmed yet, that's why there are so many inactives.

His vote for Navi, however, lowers the suspicion. Snake also voted for Navi, and it would be really stupid of the mafia to bandwagon at such an early stage, linking themselves together could get critical for the mafia. I'm guessing the mafia votes are pretty well spread throughout the voting tally, with probably at least 1 for Snake. A typical coward mafia move is also to vote for someone outside the main bandwagons, the main ones would be Kirby and Snake at this point. Not saying this especially criminates Sub Zero, as it doesn't, but it's noteworthy. (Luigi, Samus and Donkey Kong gets some suspicion points there. Donkey Kong voting for Pikachu fits with Kirby's idea of Kirby trying to distance himself for instance. Just something for the back of the head.) Since Sub bandwagoned with Snake, then I'm more leaning towards Sub being in a different scum group, not knowing snake was a mafia.

##Vote: Sub Zero

[M] Mom – Host
03-17-2008, 03:55 AM
VOTES DAY TWO:
##Vote: Frogger : Ganon(1)
##Vote: Sub Zero : Bowser(1)

Not voting: Crono, Donkey Kong, Frogger, Kirby, Lara Croft, Link, Luigi, Magus, Mario, Mega Man, Navi, Pac Man, Peach, Pikachu, Samus, Slippy, Sonic, Space Invader, Star Fox, Sub-Zero

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
03-17-2008, 04:08 AM
##Vote: Kirby

He seems too by trying too hard!

[M] Gaius
03-17-2008, 04:10 AM
Kirby:

Ooh, a ruin-the-game-breakdown on day two. Nice.

Heads up to the town: Thinking about busting a cap in Sonic's ass.

[M] Helo
03-17-2008, 04:11 AM
I just read through the thing and the only thing that's so incredibly suspisious to me is sub-zero's behaviour. In the last mafia game we had to go to incredible lengths for someone to believe a roleclaim.

I think Kirby's roleclaim is awfully convenient. Seems to me he was just the first one in.

Now, I dont want to accidentily kill off a vigilante(as long as its not Jesswee ;))

So I'm going to vote for sub-zero. His behaviour seems like newbie mafia trying to get everyone to believe a roleclaim.

If by any chance, we lynch him and he is innocent, that would throw some suspision off of kirby, and reassure me.

Another reason why I vote Sub-zero(and in extent, kirby), is that it seems incredibly stupid to actually roleclaim vigilante, because that would make you number one on the hitlist of the mafia.

##vote: Sub-zero

These are my thoughts on the subject. Btw, I still have no idea who Crono actually is.

[M] Gaius
03-17-2008, 04:13 AM
Crono;2447618']Another reason why I vote Sub-zero(and in extent, kirby), is that it seems incredibly stupid to actually roleclaim vigilante, because that would make you number one on the hitlist of the mafia.Did you read my roleclaim post? I have to kill someone publically. The mafia are going to see me doing so, realise I'm the vig and try to cap me anyway, so I decided to let you all know early so the town can give feedback on my kill.

[M] Helo
03-17-2008, 04:14 AM
Then why not use it on the first day?

brb im gonna check that post again.

edit: yup nothing in there about that. I guess we'll know for sure when the day is over.

Question for moderators: Will we see the day-vigilante kill during the lynch post, or after the night?

[M] Elize
03-17-2008, 04:16 AM
sorry i havent posted anything, im busy and dont have alot of time read everything you guys post

[M] Gaius
03-17-2008, 04:16 AM
When you read that post you'll see that I was not allowed to use it on the first day.

[M] Mom – Host
03-17-2008, 04:19 AM
If there is a day vig they would publicly announce it and then the kill would go off and the day would continue as normal.

[M] Helo
03-17-2008, 04:21 AM
hmm.

Yes it does say that. Weird, did I read it wrong?

Anyway, sure. But I'm still not changing my vote. I dont really get why you seem so intent on convincing me, as I already said that I'm not sure. I find it fishy that Sub-zero trusted you that easily.

Either he is a newbie or in some kind of mafia plot. And to be honest, I dont really want either in a mafia game. Newbie's screws up my insight into who's scum and who's not.

[M] Gaius
03-17-2008, 04:23 AM
I'm not intent on convincing you. You asked me a question and I answered it.

[M] Athena
03-17-2008, 04:28 AM
Bowser;2447603']A typical coward mafia move is also to vote for someone outside the main bandwagons, the main ones would be Kirby and Snake at this point. Not saying this especially criminates Sub Zero, as it doesn't, but it's noteworthy. (Luigi, Samus and Donkey Kong gets some suspicion points there.
I just want to point out that at the time I voted, there was no bandwagon in existence. Everyone but Snake only had one vote at that point.

By the time I even confirmed my role PM, Day1 was already underway and I knew I wouldn't be around when the day ended so I voted just to vote. Didn't want Master Hand to bitch slap me for not voting at all.

Hats off to Kirby for a brilliant roleclaim. It all makes a lot of sense. Except I'm not really sure why you revealed the role so early? I'm sure there are more than 1 protective roles operating in this game, but even so you've put a target on your back fairly early into the game. If your roleclaim is true (and I'm leaning towards that it is) then your intelligence + security as a pro-town person makes you really bad news for the scum.

The point at which we should become suspicious of Kirby should be when days go by and Kirby doesn't use his ability. In THAT case, it could mean that he was simply Godfather stringing us along. But at this early point, there are no holes in his story.

[M] Helo
03-17-2008, 04:31 AM
Kirby;2447632']I'm not intent on convincing you. You asked me a question and I answered it.

I didnt really ask, merely pointed out.

But very well, I understand that reasoning.

Now that thats out of the way, what are you going to use to kill today? I suggest either sword or spikes. :)

[M] Mom – Host
03-17-2008, 04:32 AM
VOTES DAY TWO:
##Vote: Sub Zero : Bowser, Crono(2)
##Vote: Kirby : Sonic [1]

Not voting: Donkey Kong, Frogger, Kirby, Lara Croft, Link, Luigi, Magus, Mario, Mega Man, Navi, Pac Man, Peach, Pikachu, Samus, Slippy, Space Invader, Star Fox, Sub-Zero

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
03-17-2008, 04:37 AM
##unvote: Kirby
##vote: sub Zero

[M] Elize
03-17-2008, 04:38 AM
im voting for crono, seems hes hidin something

##vote: Crono

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
03-17-2008, 04:39 AM
Link

lol bert

I'm inclined to believe Kirby's role claim because it'd be very simple for him to prove it if asked. In fact, we should probably have him kill someone today anyway, just for the sake of being able to lynche two people in one day.

Also, I am upset with Master Hand about the writeup of Snake's death. It was completely devoid of "Snake? Snake, respond! Snake?!? SNAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!" Sub Zero's had better have "Fatality!" in it, if he dies.

[M] Gaius
03-17-2008, 04:40 AM
Samus;2447634']Hats off to Kirby for a brilliant roleclaim. It all makes a lot of sense. Except I'm not really sure why you revealed the role so early? I'm sure there are more than 1 protective roles operating in this game, but even so you've put a target on your back fairly early into the game. If your roleclaim is true (and I'm leaning towards that it is) then your intelligence + security as a pro-town person makes you really bad news for the scum.Yeah, I'm aware that my roleclaim would draw negative attention from the scum. For the time being, I am satisfied that they will not know what to do with me. They will consider the potential of the doctor - or whoever - protecting me and wonder if it is worth shooting me or not, especially as they did not get to make a kill yesterday. I truly believe I will survive this night at least.

I am actually mostly saying this for the scum's benefit because I want to mess with their heads a little. :D
I didnt really ask, merely pointed out.Oh, I was referring to when you asked why I didn't kill on day one. Also I'm going for the classic 9mm. ;)

[M] Joe - Army Dad
03-17-2008, 04:42 AM
Bowser;2447603']A typical coward mafia move is also to vote for someone outside the main bandwagons, the main ones would be Kirby and Snake at this point. Not saying this especially criminates Sub Zero, as it doesn't, but it's noteworthy. (Luigi, Samus and Donkey Kong gets some suspicion points there.

I only voted for Mega Man to get him to post, and as it was day 1.

Right now, I don't like Peach. She posts once, and all it was was spam.

[M] Eizen
03-17-2008, 04:47 AM
Well, I'd better put a vote in, I don't know if I'll be back in time!

##Vote: Sub-Zero

(Please, please use something fun, like BABALITY in the death scene :D?)

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
03-17-2008, 05:28 AM
Geez lot's to read over.

Well then we got the mafia recruiter at least. With any luck he didn't get his recruit off and mafia is down 1 member.

As for the Kirby role claim. I really don't buy it fully. It's too convenient and way too early to role claim such a power role. However as has been said it's easily proved so I can't quite dismiss it. The thing that bugs me about his role claim is quite simple, if he is in fact a day vig then it's too big of a risk to lynch him, however that means as long as he has a kill active he's a target at night for scum. If Kirby is telling the truth or not will become clear in the next day or 2. Honestly I'm inclined to tell you to just use your kill today Kirby, prove your innocence and hopefully bag another scum, and then afterwards it'll mean scum has less of a reason to kill you immediately as opposed to hoping for another power role kill in the night. Because honestly the roleclaim today is a bit....stupid in my opinion as it means you have to use your kill power sooner rather then later when we're still rather blind as opposed to saving it for a better time when we have better targets in sight. Either way it's a bit too late now and you've shown your cards so kudos to quickest roleclaim I've ever seen. I think our day would be wisely spent finding a kill for you to get then debating if your roleclaim is true or not as the kill itself will prove your honesty.

As for some accusations at me...

Slippy seems like s/he is suffering from firstdayitis and just wanted to bitch about people trying to act like they know what they're doing day one because s/he doesn't.

It's smurfing day one. NO ONE has much to go on. Day one is basically just "Hi lol! SPAM SPAM SPAM! OMG SPMA VOTE! BANDwagon, you must be scumz lawls!". It's not that I'm bitching, it's that there's no proof to go on , we're just poking around in the dark and trying to criticize how people react to getting accused/being the accuser which hasn't worked out well in the past. Remember Germany last game? Or Rydia the game before? They acted strange and ended up being townies. Honestly first day voting is just a stab in the dark, afterwards on day 2 is where you can figure out who might be scum based on something a little more solid like voting patterns or who's defending/going after who rather then 'OMG he's mafia cause his post is weird'.

Bowser and Slippy are very suspicious to me for trying to set me up for a lynch tomorrow "in case I survive". That's the worst logic I've ever seen and I suspect it's the scum trying to eliminate a smart player by getting the town against them.

Remember Canada? He was the only one to post anything smart day one last time and he got shot, recruited from the grave, then shot again for good measure. At the time you were the only one I saw really being smart and the way I figured it meant you were either a mafia (who obviously have no fear of getting offed by mafia in the night for posting intelligently) trying to mislead the town and come in as a leader figure or some kind of a power role that couldn't be night killed and thus had no fear of posting smart and following the path of dear Canada, and the first seemed more likely then the second. Honestly I see no reason to show off intelligence this early only to become a target. Save that intelligence for when there's more to work with, I think is a far better strategy rather then going off no evidence and just some spam posts and random bickering. Hell it seems to work for Del pretty well, I could be wrong but I don't recall South Africa or Rinoa making many highly thought provoking and intelligent posts the first couple of days in past mafia games.

Anyways I'm half asleep now so I'll leave this at that for the moment. See how many posts I missed while typing this thing up. :p

[M] Joe - Army Dad
03-17-2008, 05:28 AM
Peach, where are you?

If you don't post soon I'll vote for you.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
03-17-2008, 05:35 AM
Link

It's smurfing day one. NO ONE has much to go on. Day one is basically just "Hi lol! SPAM SPAM SPAM! OMG SPMA VOTE! BANDwagon, you must be scumz lawls!". It's not that I'm bitching, it's that there's no proof to go on , we're just poking around in the dark and trying to criticize how people react to getting accused/being the accuser which hasn't worked out well in the past. Remember Germany last game? Or Rydia the game before? They acted strange and ended up being townies. Honestly first day voting is just a stab in the dark, afterwards on day 2 is where you can figure out who might be scum based on something a little more solid like voting patterns or who's defending/going after who rather then 'OMG he's mafia cause his post is weird'.

I can't possibly agree with this any more than I do.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
03-17-2008, 05:38 AM
I have to complain about the bandwagon voting at this point. Bowser explained why he is voting for Sub-Zero but how about Sonic and Magus? I also don't think Crono has very good reasons.

A day time vig is a big role claim but why would the mafia want him out of the way? I think the mafia would want the vig to stay in play. The vig in the last game ended up helping them a lot by killing almost nothing but town people. If anything, the vig should fear the town wanting to lynch him for killing too many innocent people.

But sonic has not provided any reason for voting sub-zero, crappy reason for voting Kirby. All I know is that he is ace and was late on day one. Granted that Ace is the place as John Madden always said but that isn't enough.

Well then we got the mafia recruiter at least. With any luck he didn't get his recruit off and mafia is down 1 member.

<S>WHOA! Big assumption made there Slippy. You didn't even explain how you came to the conclusion that there are only 2 starting mafia members. I think you need to explain yourself some more on that one. Last mafia game had more starting mafia and a recruiter. Why would you think there are only 2 starting this time?</s>

Never mind. Missread. I thought you said down to 1 mafia member and not down 1 mafia member. Such a big difference that one little word makes.

Vote: Sub-Zero - Bowser, Crono, Sonic, Magus
Vote: Frogger - Ganon
Vote: Kirby - <s>Sonic</s>
Vote: Crono - Megaman

[M] Gaius
03-17-2008, 05:44 AM
Regarding a kill for me today, as I said, I am looking at Sonic right now. I think I know who they are, and I think they have plans to not play properly and I'd rather not waste a future lynch.

Alternatively, Sub Zero seems to be popular right now. I'm not entirely convinced that he's scum though. Magus, I'd like you to explain your vote on SZ a bit more.

Is my claim stupid from a town perspective? Maybe. :aimsun: I was more than well aware of the risks when I decided to claim and I came to the conclusion that claiming was absolutely the best course of action. I ask that you all wait to see how the game turns out before passing judgment on whether I was right to do so though.
Hell it seems to work for Del pretty well, I could be wrong but I don't recall South Africa or Rinoa making many highly thought provoking and intelligent posts the first couple of days in past mafia games.South Africa lost. ;) Alternatively, look at what happened in Staff and C9 when cl_out and Psychotic spoke out right away. Different strokes for different folks. :monster:

EDIT: ...fuck. You all knew it was me anyway. :lol:

[M] Helo
03-17-2008, 05:45 AM
I explained my actions already.

In the last mafia game we had to go through enormous trouble to believe a roleclaim, but here subzero believes it in a minute.

It seemed like a mafia plot. One person roleclaims power role, other confirm or believe them. Makes it more believable then what DD did last time.

I have full intensions to change my vote after Kirby actually kills someone. This doesnt have to be 5 min before the day is over, as he can do it right now if he wishes.

I went by what you can call a 'gut' instinct.

But I'm going to bed now. I wont be back for another 9 hours at least, so I hope it is still day 2 by then.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
03-17-2008, 05:55 AM
WHOA! Big assumption made there Slippy. You didn't even explain how you came to the conclusion that there are only 2 starting mafia members. I think you need to explain yourself some more on that one. Last mafia game had more starting mafia and a recruiter. Why would you think there are only 2 starting this time?

I'm just going to pretend you don't understand English and hope you learn to read. But for your sake I'll enlighten you. If the word 'to' had been in my sentence as such...

Well then we got the mafia recruiter at least. With any luck he didn't get his recruit off and mafia is down to 1 member.

That would imply what your stating. However seeing as that word was exempt (that means it wasn't in there) then my statement meant simply that mafia down by one member.

But thanks for throwing out blatant attacks off of nothing and moving up my list of suspects.

A day time vig is a big role claim but why would the mafia want him out of the way? I think the mafia would want the vig to stay in play. The vig in the last game ended up helping them a lot by killing almost nothing but town people. If anything, the vig should fear the town wanting to lynch him for killing too many innocent people.

Why WOULDN'T they want him out of the way? Kirby has shown he has a brain and can use it. Couple that with killing power that they can't block and ya, you do the math.

Besides your entire last half of the above quote is so horrible it hurts my brain. Read his roleclaim, DAYtime vig. I.e. he can only kill once during the day, at best he can screw up and kill one townie just slightly making it better odds for mafia. But since he's shown he can think and connect the dots that makes him a threat to scum everywhere more so then town.

South Africa lost.

True, but win or lose has nothing to do with the argument. The argument is that posting smart early on tends to make you dead fast. He took his sweet time to build up his case by simply laying back and making an appearance so as to avoid suspicion, until there was enough to go on to warrant the risk of showing off brains to the mafia.

[M] Gaius
03-17-2008, 06:01 AM
OOC: South Africa lost because I was never told that the brother cop could turn on the town. Do you think we would not have pushed for North Korea the day before if we knew that information?South Africa lost 'cause you suck!!!! :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :roll: But yeah the point isn't really that SA lost. The point is that there isn't one way of playing as a townie that is guaranteed victory. You have your way, I have mine, and I don't think that it's fair to say that playing it my way is scummy just because it invites a scum kill.

Also, for the record, I disagree with everybody who says that day one is a lost cause. Every day counts. Yes, day one will not be as useful as later days, but to write it off completely does not help.

Finally, if I did not make it clear, I would like your opinions on whether or not me killing Sonic would be a good idea. Thank you in advance. To be frank, he does not strike me as scum but someone who is just going to act stupid deliberately, and I think we can at least get something from his death by proving I can kill in the day. Sonic, are you going to play properly or are you going to keep this up?

[M] Al - Biker Dad
03-17-2008, 06:05 AM
Crono

I never said that you didn't give reasons. Just that I don't think you gave very good reasons. Kirby is off my list right now as well. If he doesn't kill someone in the next couple of days then I think he shoots to the top of America's Most Wanted. But right now I will take the leap of faith that he is telling the truth but like everyone...I am keeping my eye on him!

Slippy

I corrected my post...like right away after I re-read what you said. Thanks for being a :skull::skull::skull::skull: about it.

What you say is true about the vig though. Psy is smart but he said he would blow away townies like DD from last game to prevent a quick end to the day and so that mafia can't continue to blindly lead the town. He has also voiced that he might blow away sonic for not doing much. A dead citizen still helps the mafia anyways you slice it.

Kirby: I wouldn't kill sonic yet because as I said above. A dead citizen helps the mafia anyway you slice it.

EDIT: OH NOES! I forgot my vote count!

Vote: Sub-Zero - Bowser, Crono, Sonic, Magus
Vote: Frogger - Ganon
Vote: Kirby - <s>Sonic</s>
Vote: Crono - Megaman

[M] Caprica
03-17-2008, 06:05 AM
Kirby: Well, he is not contributing anything usefull, so I have no objections. Let's let him try and offer discussion before killing him.

[M] Gaius
03-17-2008, 06:11 AM
Kirby:

Space Invader;2447689']A dead citizen helps the mafia anyway you slice it.Yeah, this is very true. A citizen who is just going to act silly just for a laugh helps the mafia too, though. What it comes down to is deciding the lesser of two evils.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
03-17-2008, 06:12 AM
Kirby;2447688']The point is that there isn't one way of playing as a townie that is guaranteed victory. You have your way, I have mine, and I don't think that it's fair to say that playing it my way is scummy just because it invites a scum kill.

I agree with this a bit, however I personally see the way your doing it as a possible tool of mafia on day one. I'll admit my suspicions towards you are alleviating a bit, however due to my paranoid behavior I'll honestly never 100% think of you as a townie till your dead and revealed as such, or your day kill goes off proving your roleclaim. Though even then I'd be somewhat suspicious, I mean last game Japan and South Korea had some decent evidence showing them off as town due to an odd sequence of events, and they both ended up being scum.

Also, for the record, I disagree with everybody who says that day one is a lost cause. Every day counts. Yes, day one will not be as useful as later days, but to write it off completely does not help.

Eh I can't fully agree with this 100%. Day one can tell you a little bit, but not until after someone is killed. Really all day one serves is to get you to know your fellow players and figure out how they think. But honestly ANYone who says they can vote based on knowing someone is scum day one is smoking crack. Once the first person dies then you can start to back track and see who propagated the lynch and who seems suspicious from the death. But until then suspicions are just funny to watch and get a good chuckle at from sheer stupidity of people acting like they know what's going on with nothing even happening yet. :p

Well I'm off to bed in a few minutes. I'll decide on my votes before I have work tomorrow.

[M] Al - Biker Dad
03-17-2008, 06:12 AM
I want to elaborte on what I said to kirby

Don't kill him yet. Unlike DD...he isn't active or really role claiming anything stupid yet. I don't think he is hurting the town. If everyone starts to go after him big time on a day because they are sick of him then off him. We don't want the day ending too fast.

If you have not killed anyone by the end of day 3 then I have no objections(at this time) to killing him then to prove you are who you say you are...or sometime during day 4.

Right now he really doesn't seem to be hurting anything(too much) but he isn't really helping much either.

I almost want to say kill sub-zero because he seems to be the band wagon target right now.

[M] Joe - Army Dad
03-17-2008, 06:13 AM
Peach, for not contributing anything, and because I might have to log off soon:

##Vote:Peach

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
03-17-2008, 06:19 AM
Luigi;2447696']Peach, for not contributing anything:

##Vote:Peach

Do I detect a lynchee/lynchor combo? (or whatever that role is called?)

I corrected my post...like right away after I re-read what you said. Thanks for being a :skull::skull::skull::skull: about it.

I aim to please. :p Though to be honest you came off as kind of dicky to me as well before the edit. Though I do just tend to become a complete a** when I'm half asleep (such as right now :(). No hard feelings for after the game ok? :)

Don't kill him yet. Unlike DD...he isn't active or really role claiming anything stupid yet. I don't think he is hurting the town. If everyone starts to go after him big time on a day because they are sick of him then off him. We don't want the day ending too fast.

Agreed thus far. Though I might change it when I think about it with a more sleep-filled head.

[M] Gaius
03-17-2008, 06:21 AM
Kirby:

Slippy;2447694'] But until then suspicions are just funny to watch and get a good chuckle at from sheer stupidity of people acting like they know what's going on with nothing even happening yet. :pThis I can agree with, you can't possibly know that someone is scum/cop/doc/whatever in a 23-man game based on just a 16 hour day. At the same time, though, I do think it's good to give other players a poke and a prod to see what kind of responses people give to that, just so it's based on slightly more than just "I don't like that dude's avatar" or whatever.
Don't kill him yet. Unlike DD...he isn't active or really role claiming anything stupid yet. I don't think he is hurting the town. If everyone starts to go after him big time on a day because they are sick of him then off him. We don't want the day ending too fast.Duly noted. :up:

[M] Mom – Host
03-17-2008, 06:40 AM
VOTES DAY TWO:
##Vote: Sub Zero : Bowser, Crono, Sonic, Magus(4)
##Vote: Crono : mega man (1)
##Vote: Peach : Luigi (1)
##Vote: Kirby : Sonic (0)

Not voting: Donkey Kong, Frogger, Kirby, Lara Croft, Link, Mario, Navi, Pac Man, Peach, Pikachu, Samus, Slippy, Space Invader, Star Fox, Sub-Zero

About 19 hours till the day is over.

[M] Gaius
03-17-2008, 06:57 AM
Kirby:

Right, I'm off to bed now. I think I've spent most of this real life day discussing my roleclaim with you all as opposed to looking for scum. That isn't the best way to play, really. I believe I've covered every major issue concerning my claim, so unless you have some incredible question about it I think we should all spend the rest of this day hunting some scum rather than retreading old ground.

Magus, I'd still like to hear why you voted for Sub Zero!

[M] Aaron
03-17-2008, 07:32 AM
I have no idea for whom to vote, really.

I get the feeling that the Governor would be someone active at the end of Day 1. That rules them out for my vote. Those who chit-chatted with Solid Snake also lose some suspicion from me. I find it hard to believe that fellow mafia members would exchange small talk in the thread. Can't be sure on these things, though.

Kirby's claim is extremely logical. I can see only one scenario of him being a liar: there is a Day Vigilante in play and it is not him. If there is anyone out there who is a Day Vigilante, you had better speak up now before he gets to leading us around like a demented flock of brainless, undead sheep.

Pikachu's vote against Solid Snake had good reasoning behind it, if you ask me. I'm willing to believe it as genuine. So, ho! Onward!

##Vote: Slippy

[M] Athena
03-17-2008, 08:26 AM
Crono;2447674']I explained my actions already.

In the last mafia game we had to go through enormous trouble to believe a roleclaim, but here subzero believes it in a minute.

It seemed like a mafia plot. One person roleclaims power role, other confirm or believe them. Makes it more believable then what DD did last time.

Well ya know, if the past Mafia games are any indications, it's really better for the town if once in awhile, we actually believed a roleclaim or two. Better still if we believe a roleclaim that actually makes sense and is easily verifiable.

[M] Kurt - Cool Dad
03-17-2008, 09:13 AM
well I didn't want to post because Samus put me in my place! Spam posts for no reason, in a mafia game? Ludicrous!

For real though, chill out guyz.

[M] Dee
03-17-2008, 12:10 PM
Suspicions are towards Sonic at this point.

He voted for Kirby when he said he was going to kill him. But now he's changed his vote, maybe to draw attention away from himself

But I dunno yet.

[M] Greg - Hot Dad
03-17-2008, 12:43 PM
Navi

Well nothing really happened on day 2 yet. I am almost positive snake made a recruit on night one because he was screwed. He failed a cop roleclaim and he was just barely saved... sort of. Also with only 1 kill we know the mafia didnt kill(a kill and recruit would just be unfair) so snake was killed by either a vig or serial killer, and the other was either protected or blocked. with the day vig though I think there wouldn't be a normal vig too. More later when I am out of school, but in case I dont make it back...

##Vote: mario

he was my #2 suspect

[M] Dave – Stepdad
03-17-2008, 01:49 PM
I don't think Sub-Zero's behaviour's been that suspicious, so I won't vote for him. Mainly he's just been a little overly enthusiastic. Again, apologies for my absence: will be back on IN DA EVENING. Noone's screming SCUM yet so I'll decide who to vote for later. If the worst comes to the worst, I guess I'll just bandwagon.

Crono, for the love of God, WIKI YOUR CHARACTER. NAO.

Also, apologies to Kirby, you just came off as a little defensive and abrasive. USE YOUR POWAH WELL.

[M] Colette
03-17-2008, 02:41 PM
Lara Croft

Everyone seems to be voting for Sub Zero, but I think he's just suffering from a bandwagon, the truth of the matter is Kirby's claim is pretty solid, we can always test his claim by having him kill someone, and if he succeeds then we'd know that we'd be able to find out who he is during the night. This wouldn't be a good role claim for a mafian. I did ask Sub Zero why he thought Kirby was cleared, and try to make it seem like I was susipicious of him, because I want to get a better feel for Sub Zero and how he's playing.

Kirby;2447693']
Space Invader;2447689']A dead citizen helps the mafia anyway you slice it.Yeah, this is very true. A citizen who is just going to act silly just for a laugh helps the mafia too, though. What it comes down to is deciding the lesser of two evils.

The lesser of to evils is clearly having the citizen stay around. The town's biggest advantage is numbers, even bigger then roles, because roles stay hidden to the majority of the town the majority of the time.

Right now my main suspect is... *drum roll* Crono.

My Theory

Let's start with his first post that actually gave us something....

Crono;2447618']I just read through the thing and the only thing that's so incredibly suspisious to me is sub-zero's behaviour. In the last mafia game we had to go to incredible lengths for someone to believe a roleclaim.
I think Kirby's roleclaim is awfully convenient. Seems to me he was just the first one in.
Now, I dont want to accidentily kill off a vigilante(as long as its not Jesswee ;))
So I'm going to vote for sub-zero. His behaviour seems like newbie mafia trying to get everyone to believe a roleclaim.
If by any chance, we lynch him and he is innocent, that would throw some suspision off of kirby, and reassure me.
Another reason why I vote Sub-zero(and in extent, kirby), is that it seems incredibly stupid to actually roleclaim vigilante, because that would make you number one on the hitlist of the mafia.
##vote: Sub-zero
These are my thoughts on the subject. Btw, I still have no idea who Crono actually is.

Let's start with the bolded sections. If this isn't setting up a chain lynch, nothing is.

Now I know what your saying... "But wait Lara! Why scum try and set up a chain lynch that required a scum kill?" This is because Crono must be either a Serial Killer, or part of a different scum faction. If Crono is ight about Sub Zero, then if we use his logic Kirby dies, and Crono/Crono's scum group is not paid attention to for 2 rounds, and would solidify Crono's position as the town (or at least help it if Sub Zero is mafia)! This gives him/them a large advantage on the town.

Whats the most devious part of this hinted plan though? If Sub Zero is scum, our obvious next conclusion would be to listen to Crono, and lynch Kirby... The idea of this plan would actually to get rid of the Day Time Vigilante (as he's probably going to recieve night protection).

The rest of his posts just seem to really be ingraining his position against Sub Zero and Kirby, especially Kirby, as he immediately moved on to questioning him, but once it became apparent he wasn't going to slip up he stopped.

My conclusion: Where it is possible for Sub Zero to be mafia, I find Crono to be part of a different faction/a serial killer to be much more likely. I've got a little theory as of why, and it seems to be solid (you all may make your own decisions on it), and I may as well vote as I seem pretty convinced.

## Vote: Crono

[M] Helo
03-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Samus;2447745']

Well ya know, if the past Mafia games are any indications, it's really better for the town if once in awhile, we actually believed a roleclaim or two. Better still if we believe a roleclaim that actually makes sense and is easily verifiable.

That's just it.

It is verifiable. So I'm going to wait to change my vote, until he verifies it. Shouldnt be hard, as he only has to type one line on any point of the day.

I would understand Kirby waits until there is a suspect, but the day should be almost over now and I havent seen anything.

I was sure that by the time I got back Kirby wouldve killed someone and the day wouldve been over by now, but i was wrong.

Lara Croft;2447839']
Let's start with the bolded sections. If this isn't setting up a chain lynch, nothing is.

Now I know what your saying... "But wait Lara! Why scum try and set up a chain lynch that required a scum kill?" This is because Crono must be either a Serial Killer, or part of a different scum faction. If Crono is ight about Sub Zero, then if we use his logic Kirby dies, and Crono/Crono's scum group is not paid attention to for 2 rounds, and would solidify Crono's position as the town (or at least help it if Sub Zero is mafia)! This gives him/them a large advantage on the town.

Whats the most devious part of this hinted plan though? If Sub Zero is scum, our obvious next conclusion would be to listen to Crono, and lynch Kirby... The idea of this plan would actually to get rid of the Day Time Vigilante (as he's probably going to recieve night protection).

The rest of his posts just seem to really be ingraining his position against Sub Zero and Kirby, especially Kirby, as he immediately moved on to questioning him, but once it became apparent he wasn't going to slip up he stopped.

There is one problem in your theory. I would change my vote as soon as Kirby actually proves it. It would seem very unlikely that a day-time vigilante, after roleclaiming, would not use it for 2 whole days, which is the point in your theory. Do you really think the town is going to lynch a vigilante after he proved it?

I merely act as common sense that he actually hasnt proven his roleclaim yet, while you all claim that it makes sense.

how?

He hasnt used it yet, so last nights scum death was not his doing. All he needs to do is write one line against someone he suspects, or we as town suspect.

[M] Colette
03-17-2008, 03:12 PM
Lara Croft

That has a really simple explanation. There is a second day killing role that can be aligned on the mafian side. My bet is that if Zero turns up guilty you'd just claim he's that.

EDIT: It makes sense because that is the opposite of the type of roleclaim scum would make early, because it can be figured out in a day, the moment we find him susipcious. Also of course we all know last nights death wasn't him, he can't kill during the night.

[M] Helo
03-17-2008, 03:16 PM
You still dont get my point. I dont suspect anyone really after kirby actually proves it. All he needs to do is kill someone and I would be convinced. But i dont get how you all just take his word for it.

If Zero turns up guilty, Kirby wouldve already killed wouldnt he?

would that not convince everyone that he is town?

I dont get your reasoning, and it is supposed to be my plan. There is no way the thing you have thought up could actually happen.

[M] Colette
03-17-2008, 03:19 PM
Lara Croft

If we had a bad town, yes it could happen. Chain lynching is a very simple to understand mafian tactic. Now you just seem to be making yourself seem too stupid to think up a plan (although you could just be directed by a better player on your team anyway). So my discussion with you is over, and I'm going to wait for some other players to give their opinions.

[M] Helo
03-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Oh seriously, your plan is so flawed its stupid. You yourself are so dumb you cant even understand my reasoning.

You say that if Sub-zero is scum, then everyone will lynch Kirby.

but do you know how much time passes between the 2?

2 days!

Are you seriously saying me that you think that Kirby wont use his vigilante power for a whole 2 days? What was the point of the roleclaim?

Are you seriously saying you are that stupid? Or can you just not find any good arguments against me for actually being smart enough to notice that Kirby hasnt proved anything yet.

[M] Colette
03-17-2008, 03:29 PM
Lara Croft

I shouldn't even diginify that with a response... (but I will :P)

From what I understand the Day Vigilante's Power is almost like a second lynching, it occurs with the lynch. So he actually only has today to use a kill before Zero dies (Zero dying is a definite possiblity.) So in reality he has 1 day to use his power to prove himself.

Am I saying he won't use it? No. I'm saying day 2 you'd just claim that he was an Mafian Assassin (kills during day).

Do I think that you'll still follow that plan? No. I just exposed it. The point of me exposing it was making sure it doesn't happen, and for people to see that you have made a post that hints a chain lynch (which is scummy).

Lastly, I realize that Kirby hasn't proved anything yet. But when are you going to open your smurfing eyes before you scream like a 2 year old and read why I think his roleclaim shouldn't be the top of susipicion?

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
03-17-2008, 03:49 PM
Link

I merely act as common sense that he actually hasnt proven his roleclaim yet, while you all claim that it makes sense.

how?

It makes sense because now he HAS to be able to prove his role claim or he's screwed. He's not nearly dumb enough to paint himself into a corner like that when he has nothing to gain from it. Remember. Demon Dude is a moderator this time around.

You yourself are so dumb you cant even understand my reasoning.

Are you seriously saying you are that stupid? Or can you just not find any good arguments against me for actually being smart enough to notice that Kirby hasnt proved anything yet.

Oh, smurf you.

##Vote: Crono

Kirby, if you want to go ahead and prove your a vigilante, make your target Crono.

[M] Helo
03-17-2008, 04:00 PM
Lara Croft;2447868']
From what I understand the Day Vigilante's Power is almost like a second lynching, it occurs with the lynch. So he actually only has today to use a kill before Zero dies (Zero dying is a definite possiblity.) So in reality he has 1 day to use his power to prove himself.

Untrue, because i already asked this. He can use it whenever he wants by using the ##kill: command.

oh and Link, smurf yourself, I wasnt talking to you.

Freya
03-17-2008, 04:01 PM
VOTES DAY TWO:
##Vote: Sub Zero : Bowser, Crono, Sonic, Magus(4)
##Vote: Crono : mega man, Lara Croft, Link (3)
##Vote: Peach : Luigi (1)
##Vote: Slippy : Donkey Kong (1)
##Vote: mario : Navi (1)
##Vote: Kirby : Sonic (0)

Not voting: Frogger, Kirby, Mario, Pac Man, Peach, Pikachu, Samus, Slippy, Space Invader, Star Fox, Sub-Zero

About 10 hours till the day is over.

[M] Mom – Host
03-17-2008, 04:20 PM
Also guys stop calling each other dumb, stupid, idiots, or any other variation of that. Don't make me come kick you in the faces. I'll do it.

[M] Jeff - Single Dad
03-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Link

Crono;2447882']
Lara Croft;2447868']

Untrue, because i already asked this. He can use it whenever he wants by using the ##kill: command.

You don't have to be talking to me. You're being an asshole. Stop it.

[M] Helo
03-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Link;2447891']
Crono;2447882']
Lara Croft;2447868']

You don't have to be talking to me. You're being an asshole. Stop it.

I wasnt being one. he/she wasnt even reading what i posted while trying to incriminate me.

And here i thought the moderator just asked not to say that anymore.

So lets see here, you say smurf you, call me an asshole and vote for me out of pure spite.

So who was the asshole again?

[M] Colette
03-17-2008, 04:32 PM
Lara Croft

ENOUGH! Crono, your picking a fight, Link, stop letting yourself be instigated. We can play this game without being this immature.

[M] Caprica
03-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Well, Frogger did post, so

##Unvote: Frogger

Link and Crono, your argument is making you both seem scummy, as your squabble is only directing the towns attention away from finding the scum.

[M] Helo
03-17-2008, 04:39 PM
Hey now, Im the one being called names here. But very well, I will refrain.

And Lara, you still havent responded to your false claim that he can only kill when the day is over, which I already asked the moderators about(in this thread), and he can do whenever he wants as long as its day.

brb ill look for the quote

edit: there you go:

Master Hand;2447625']If there is a day vig they would publicly announce it and then the kill would go off and the day would continue as normal.

[M] Mom – Host
03-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Stop it kids. I will come find where you live and personally kick you in the face. I'll do it!

[M] Colette
03-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Lara Croft

@Gannon: I didn't intend to pick a fight, I posted a theory, and it seems Crono did a good job making a squabble to make no one notice it. Gannon I implore you to look over the unimportant squabble between Link, Crono, and I and decide for yourself if you think that post was scummy.

@Crono: Alright, so I missed a post there's approximately 230 posts thus far, so missing one isn't scummy. And that doesn't break my theory on what you where trying to do with that post, as again you could've just claimed he was a mafian day-time killer. My theory on what you where trying to do still stands, its just up to others to decide whether I'm right or wrong. My theory on what that post meant never included Kirby not using his daytime power, you seemed to add that in yourself.

[M] Helo
03-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Well, I guess you misread my entire reason for posting for Sub-zero then. As my entire theory is based on Kirby not being a day-time vigilante.

Lara Croft;2447901']
@Crono: And that doesn't break my theory on what you where trying to do with that post, as again you could've just claimed he was a mafian day-time killer. My theory on what you where trying to do still stands, its just up to others to decide whether I'm right or wrong. My theory on what that post meant never included Kirby not using his daytime power, you seemed to add that in yourself.

Actually it is, You think that everyone will lynch Kirby if Sub-zero is mafia. But if Kirby uses his kill, do you really think anyone will doubt that he is vigilante? I wont in any case.

As of your theory that I will claim that he is a mafia-killer, you'll see when I change my vote when he actually kills someone(btw are you saying what I am going to do, even though i stated differently in something you quoted?), or should I say if he actually kills someone.

oh and btw, I think this is the reason that everyone does notice it. And Link started the last one.

But you can think however you wish. I will however wait with my vote-change until Kirby kills someone using that line, until then, my vote stands and so does my own theory of mafia roleclaim.

oh and one last thing, does a mafian day-killer even excist? Because I didnt see it last time i checked the flash.

[M] Caprica
03-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Master Hand;2447900']Stop it kids. I will come find where you live and personally kick you in the face. I'll do it!
Might i suggest the Member Map (http://forums.eyesonff.com/feedback-forum/108889-eyes-final-fantasy-member-map-2007-08-edition.html)?

But anyway, looking at the votes for Sub zero, it looks like a bangwagon has started. I think the scum in that bandwagon is either Crono, Sonic or Magus. I could be wrong, but you three are my top suspicions currently.

Oh and Crono, most of the roles are in that flash. Says so in the opening post.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
03-17-2008, 05:05 PM
I may change my vote AGAIN. I wanna do a little more reading...:shifty:

[M] Mom – Host
03-17-2008, 05:07 PM
haha >:] Thanks Ganon

[M] Colette
03-17-2008, 05:12 PM
Lara Croft

I can't get the flash to open, so I can't verify anything, but it really is up to the Moderators to do what they want, any role is possible.

Whether you act according to my old theory now is irrevelant. Of course you're going to act exactly opposite how I said you would now, because now you have to clear your name.

I'd like to actually hear what Sonic is thinking now.

[M] Caprica
03-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Okay, so I need to go to class now and then write a lab report. Kirby, I suggest shooting either Crono, Sonic or Magus, unless someone else screams scum before i get back. I'll try and get back before night 2 and get a good vote in.

[M] Walter - Smart Dad
Actually the flash is down currently last I checked. At least I haven't been able to load it up all of today or yesterday.

As for Crono's question, yes there is a day time mafian killer. I do believe it's called Mafia Assassin, I had forgotten about this being a role and now I change my suspicion to Kirby to being as such, even if a day kill happens I'll think he's scum, just I'll think he's scum who was telling the truth about day kill powers. Only way I'll think he's a day vig and not mafia assassin is if his kill is on a mafia member. Thinking along the lines of mafia assassin would make sense, using that power unannounced would freak out the town and make Kirby suddenly get speed lynched, so perhaps mafia decided he would roleclaim his polar opposite, the day vig so as to make the town think he was on their side, and would solidify his claims by killing someone during the day proving he had day kill powers. Well that's just my theory on it at least. We'll see soon enough what is what.

As for accusations against Sub-Zero, I don't really buy it thus far. I've reread Sub-Zero's posts and he just doesn't really scream out to me as being scum like some people are saying. I think Sonic is more of scum then anyone at this point, he's making such few posts and backing up nothing with it. The best way for a mafia to live longer in this game is to just not post, or post such little insignificant things we can't call them out on it for contradicting themselves when they barely had anything to contradict.

Right now I'm in agreement with Kirby's idea of looking to shoot sonic. Though I want to hear more form Sonic.

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
I'm just sort of mulling things in. I'd like to see what more people are doing before I change my vote. Of course I dunno if I'll be out of work in time to do so!

EDIT: yeah the flash is down :(

[M] Colette
03-17-2008, 05:16 PM
Lara Croft

I'm more interested on your thoughts of everything thus far then your vote right now Sonic.

[M] Mom – Host
03-17-2008, 05:20 PM
The flash is down, I think someone found it on deviantart.com some where but i'm too lazy to go find it my self. BUT try the wiki, (http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page) they have some good stuff there as well.

[M] Mom – Host
03-17-2008, 05:21 PM
10 hours left.

[M] Helo
03-17-2008, 05:22 PM
Is it me, or does it seem like only 1/3 of the people showed up today?

[M] Mom – Host
03-17-2008, 05:26 PM
DD is on my master hand account -.-

[M] Al - Biker Dad
03-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Mafia Tutorial by ~mikeburnfire on deviantART (http://mikeburnfire.deviantart.com/art/Mafia-Tutorial-31409818)
Mafia Roles by ~mikeburnfire on deviantART (http://mikeburnfire.deviantart.com/art/Mafia-Roles-72597749)

There are the flash stuffs for people that want it.

[M] Mom – Host
03-17-2008, 05:29 PM
Master Hand;2447932']DD is on my master hand account -.-

OUR master hand account. :p

[M] Helo
03-17-2008, 05:32 PM
oh okay, that role is called the mafia assasin.

A mafia assasin can kill by nightchoice during the day, or just use a DAYkill: x for the same effect.

but that seems strange, because then there would be no reason for him to actually roleclaim.

If he can do it by nightchoice, then i dont think Kirby is a mafia assasin.

edit: although that would give him an awsome protection. Oh boy, Now even I'm getting confused. however it seems strange for him to take that chance.

[M] Felix
03-17-2008, 05:42 PM
Pac-Man

Oh wow. xD Sub-Zero has some kooky things going for him, but I didn't think it warranted 4 votes right off the bat. That's interesting.

And holy crap, the last lots of pages are basically all squabbles about Kirby's roleclaim. *twaps you all* Let it go and start looking for more suspects, sillies. I highly doubt he would claim it if he wasn't - what's the point? He wasn't even in the spotlight, considering Snake's death.

BRB reading this shiet again~

[M] Trevor - Gay Dad
03-17-2008, 06:02 PM
Sub just seems funny to me. Then again everyone seems to defend themselves pretty vehemently :p and I should be out of work and home by the time the day is over :D