PDA

View Full Version : how does auron....

Marky Tee
03-16-2008, 07:48 PM
manage to travel from spira to dream zanarkand to help tidus at thne start of the game?
is this ever explained?

blackmage_nuke
03-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Being from zanarkand, jecht as sin has the ability to travel between spira and dream zanarkand (for reasons i cant remember but theyre there)

Auron rides jecht to get there. It might help that he's unsent but im not sure

Renmiri
03-16-2008, 09:16 PM
Yup. He tells Tidus that being undead has it's advantages, by being undead he was able to ride Sin and go to dream Zanarkand.

Little Blue
03-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Being from zanarkand, jecht as sin has the ability to travel between spira and dream zanarkand (for reasons i cant remember but theyre there)

Auron rides jecht to get there. It might help that he's unsent but im not sure

Jecht being from DZ has nothing to do with it, other than a possible greater chance of going to DZ than otherwise, since Jecht likes to see Tidus. Its simply because DZ is located out on the sea somewhere, and Sin, any incarnation of Sin, can travel to DZ. Auron, like Jecht and Tidus, can ride Sin to and from DZ provided Sin is headingto and from DZ. When Braska defeated Sin with Jecht, Jecht became Sin, and Auron, after his death, hitched a ride to DZ to watch over Tidus as per Jecht's request.

The technical explanation is that because Sin is made of pyreflies bound using gravitational magic to it, it can temporarily bind any entity made of pyreflies, such as the Unsent Auron and the aeon's Tidus and Jecht. This is why they can ride Sin. It also explains "Sin's Toxin" in normal folk, but that's another topic entirely.

Marky Tee
03-17-2008, 04:09 PM
so dream zanarkand is an actual physical place? io jus assumed it was either a metaphor or was only the in nthe minds of the faith since it was them that was dreaming it. suppose that makes it a bit more clear

BG-57
03-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Yes, and it's one of the most misunderstood aspects of the game. Calling it 'Dream' Zanarkand makes one of think of dreams in real life, insubstantial products of our minds. But in Spira, Pyreflies can give substance to the dreams of the Fayth.

Tidus quite reasonably assumes that because he encounters the ruins of the real Zanarkand (which has been that way for 1000 years) that he traveled in time. The player is left to assume that as well for most of the game.

Since both Zanarkand and DZ coexist in Spira at the same time they must logically exist in different places.

Renmiri
03-18-2008, 12:28 AM
The japanese ultimania guide published by Square has a picture of DZ on an island.

Marky Tee
03-18-2008, 07:51 AM
anyone know if these ultimanias i keep hearing about will ever be published in english?

Skyblade
03-18-2008, 03:16 PM
so dream zanarkand is an actual physical place? io jus assumed it was either a metaphor or was only the in nthe minds of the faith since it was them that was dreaming it. suppose that makes it a bit more clear

They call it "the dream of the fayth", but in reality, dream Zanarkand is essentially one massive Aeon. Remember, Yu-Yevon is channelling all the fayth from the ancient Zanarkand into a single summoning, and that summoning is dream Zanarkand and all its inhabitants. Thus, like the Aeons, dream Zanarkand has an actual physical form, an aggregate of pyreflies.

While Sin probably had a connection to dream Zanarkand because of the connection it held to Yu-Yevon, the important connection was Jecht's connection to dream Zanarkand. Unlike the other guardians who became Sin, he actually knew of dream Zanarkand, and his drive to return home and find his son was still there. He found dream Zanarkand again, and, as Sin, was able to take the unsent Auron there as well.

Roogle
03-19-2008, 03:18 PM
anyone know if these ultimanias i keep hearing about will ever be published in english?

No. The Ultimania series of guides likely contains too much information to be localized without using a substantial amount of company resources.

Marky Tee
03-19-2008, 03:27 PM
well that jus aint good enough

Namelessfengir
03-19-2008, 08:19 PM
kinda on topic but not really
when they fall through the ice where did all that crap come from? had it always been resting on sins back or had it been dredged up from the lake floor

Skyblade
03-19-2008, 08:45 PM
when they fall through the ice where did all that crap come from? had it always been resting on sins back or had it been dredged up from the lake floor

It was probably ruins left from the Machina War, like the ones at the bottom of the Moonflow.

If that was a frozen lake, then the real question is, when they broke through, how could they breathe and talk?

Little Blue
03-19-2008, 11:24 PM

It was probably ruins left from the Machina War, like the ones at the bottom of the Moonflow.

If that was a frozen lake, then the real question is, when they broke through, how could they breathe and talk?

All that crap, as you put it, was ruins left from the Machina War.

As for why they can breath, the water is down by their ankles if you'd care to view the scene again... Though then the FMV of Sin sleeping does give an odd sense of perspective... *shrugs*

Namelessfengir
03-20-2008, 07:27 AM
i knew what it was ruins, scrap, debris... crap what i wanted to know is how it got on sins back, i would figure that traveling through the ocean and the natural defenses would keep the body of sin clean. so the only way i can see the debris getting there would be like a submarine smashing through a shipwreak and ending up with lil bits caught on and trailing so by that analogy there could have been a trashed city that used to ride on macalania lake then when it was destroyed and the pieces sank and most of it fell through the hole sin came in and some just got caught up like branches in a stream still allowing water to pass through since most of the ruins seen in spira had huge windows and what would appear to be little living space

Little Blue
03-20-2008, 09:36 AM
ah, those ruins on Sins back are part of Sin, as much as his limbs or his many eyes, how they don't get worn away as you suggest I dunno, but they might be related to the city inside Sin that the party needs to travel through to get to Sin's core... However, the party did not fall through the ice onto Sin's back, they fell to the ground beneath the ice.

Jessweeee♪
03-27-2008, 04:32 AM

No. The Ultimania series of guides likely contains too much information to be localized without using a substantial amount of company resources.

That would be so kewl if they did :heart:

rubah
03-27-2008, 05:18 AM
Why don't you do it jesse?

Tavrobel
03-27-2008, 06:05 AM
Why do something that's already been done? Renmiri has often referenced an Ultimania translator.

SEARCH FUNCXION TIEMZ

cally777
04-02-2008, 09:42 AM
Why do something that's already been done? Renmiri has often referenced an Ultimania translator.

SEARCH FUNCXION TIEMZ

Is this supposed to be a search term? It doesn't work for me. Please one of you give us a link!

:choc::choc::choc:

Old Manus
04-07-2008, 05:57 PM
i knew what it was ruins, scrap, debris... crap what i wanted to know is how it got on sins back, i would figure that traveling through the ocean and the natural defenses would keep the body of sin clean. so the only way i can see the debris getting there would be like a submarine smashing through a shipwreak and ending up with lil bits caught on and trailing so by that analogy there could have been a trashed city that used to ride on macalania lake then when it was destroyed and the pieces sank and most of it fell through the hole sin came in and some just got caught up like branches in a stream still allowing water to pass through since most of the ruins seen in spira had huge windows and what would appear to be little living spaceI always thought it was an obscure reference to Alexander

Tabris
04-07-2008, 06:23 PM
I always thought it was an obscure reference to Alexander

I think Djose Temple is n obscure reference to Alexander.