PDA

View Full Version : What kind of HS student were you?

Randgris
03-17-2008, 08:40 AM
As the title read, what type of highschool student were you (for those who are in highschool, well, what kind of student are you)

escobert
03-17-2008, 08:52 AM
rebel I guess? I dunno xD

Ichimonji
03-17-2008, 08:56 AM
I was a scene kid. I was in a rock/screamo band and I used to help put on shows at various locations in the city, and support other bands and the like. A large majority of us were scene. I was lucky enough to be part of the NBMC (North Bay Musician's Collaborative). This actually happened nearing the end of high school and I stayed with them a couple years after high school as well. Nearing the beginning to the middle of high school, however, I was a dramoid. I would take drama classes and I joined every play and musical that various companies would put out. I wasn't made fun of though, because I was best friends (and still am) with the most popular guy in school who was also in drama productions with me (he later founded the NBMC). I was kind of always in his shadow, but at least I didn't get picked on or anything.

And since I was focusing on being popular and getting involved in a crazy amount of activities, my grades weren't so great. I kind of regret that now.

XxSephirothxX
03-17-2008, 08:57 AM
Those are the weirdest clique breakdowns. Food expert?

I split my time between my gamer friends and my honors kid friends.

Miriel
03-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Out of those rather strange category choices, I guess girl next door fits me the best.

I was on the dance team in High School, and most of the Honors/AP classes. My best friends in high school included a sarcastic geek, a Prom Queen, and another was a "rebel" who kept getting in trouble with the school authority. So yeah... I hung out with a pretty eclectic group of people, although the common thing among all of us was that we were dancers and also asian if that means anything.

NeoCracker
03-17-2008, 09:11 AM
I was the guy who got along with just about everybody, but avoided basically any form of social gathering.

Rantz
03-17-2008, 09:18 AM
Brainy I suppose, but I wasn't supremely nerdy either.

Caraliz
03-17-2008, 09:19 AM
Loner? I didn't really talk to anyone and I missed school a lot but always did my homework and made up tests. So I guess a loner nerd. I didn't have many friends 'cos I didn't really care. I wanted to get in and get out and a lot of people didn't like that mentality. I guess sort of a rebel too since I didn't really give a hoot about the rules.

So I guess a rebel that didn't have any friends that did her homework and doodled on her paper during class?

I swear it wasn't 'cos I was smelly. :confused:

Cz
03-17-2008, 10:21 AM
"Neeeeeeeerd!!!"

Our school wasn't very cliquey though. I got along with more or less everyone, especially as the years went on. I only had a few close friends, for the most part nerds like me, but a bunch of regular friends beyond that, and nobody I'd consider an enemy.

Bakamut
03-17-2008, 10:29 AM
I went to a few highschools and I wouldn't have classed myself as any clique. In year 7 (first year of high school) I had a few friends that I just hung out in the library with at lunchtime and drew or played cards, or went on the computer to play Neopets with which I had a big obsession at the time. In year 8, I went through this phase of trying to be cool which didn't work out for me (I was just not made to be cool). Then in year 9 I went to a new school and had a bunch of fake friends that spent half their time bitching about me and I think it was then that I lost trust in most people. Then in year 10, at another school, I had a couple of good friends that we laughed about nothing while lying down on the floor staring at the ceiling with. In year 11 I went to ANOTHER school and made a pretty good group of friends, we weren't any "clique" we were just a bunch of different people who got along well. Then I left school.

Markus. D
03-17-2008, 10:40 AM
I was an ugly ftl jerk :]

Think of me as Cbc beta.

Like a jerk... but a newbie jerk D:

Rye
03-17-2008, 10:52 AM
Um, I'm kind of multiple things. I'm a High Honor Roll student, but I'm also really hardcore into Art (I'm in AP Art, which only selects about 14 of the best artists in the school) and I'm going into Music Education, so I'm really into Music (Choral & Solo Vocal) and I get awards for it in school.

Like Miriel, I hang out with a huge variety of people. I enjoy the company of various artists, thieves, high honor students, drug users, musicians, writers, dancers, fashionistas, and various combinations of those. The nice thing about my school is that (or at least was, the 9th graders are so cliquey that they could literally be a teen movie) it's not very cliquey, and most people mix up. Some of popular kids are really smart, a lot of the athletes are musicians, etc.

Blue Harvest
03-17-2008, 11:49 AM
I was the guy who got along with just about everybody, but avoided basically any form of social gathering.

I was pretty much the same. I was part of every social group, but not important enough in any of them to be included in things ;_;

I was also a bit of a rebel. Not a week went by where I wasn't in trouble for something. Mostly homework related, as in I cba to do it most of the time.

Old Manus
03-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Our school wasn't very cliquey though. I got along with more or less everyone, especially as the years went on. I only had a few close friends, for the most part nerds like me, but a bunch of regular friends beyond that, and nobody I'd consider an enemy.qft

You americans are so seperative.

Breine
03-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Out of the options up there I guess "artist" fits me the most, since I took Art Class for two out of three years. It was probably my favourite subject, and I felt really relaxed whenever I had it.

Polaris
03-17-2008, 01:19 PM
I was the atheist and anarchist who dressed in black and wrote songs and poems! ^^ Not much changed though! I'm still atheist and anarchist! I just don't dress much in black and write songs :)

Fonzie
03-17-2008, 01:45 PM
I was elected most likely to get own TV show on MTV. :jess:

Aerith's Knight
03-17-2008, 03:06 PM
I was the guy that was both the teacher's pet, the guy who screwed around and went to the shopping center during breaks and the guy who did absolutely nothing while still making good grades.

In short, I was liked by teachers, had a great time, and got lots of good grades.

ah.. the good years ^__^

Elly
03-17-2008, 03:46 PM
Rebel rebel, you tore your dress, rebel rebel, your hair is a mess... yeah i was the rebel in my highschool, a punky, gothy student...

Peegee
03-17-2008, 04:09 PM
I wasn't invisible and I wasn't a nobody, so I would label myself a loner or nice guy. I think, given specific examples, you could call me the same now, but I would resent you for it (for one thing if I'm nice, it's because it's deserved, and I hang around with people deserving of my time).

I wasn't smart enough to be a nerd in high school and yet not socially skilled enough to be really popular. I look back on high school and see some kid who just drifted by and whatever happened happened. I didn't see high school as a positive or negative experience overall.

Faded Tears
03-17-2008, 05:30 PM
I was the nerd. Glasses, straight A's, always had my nose in a book. I had a few really close friends and got along with a lot of people. But I wasn't very social, just friendly.

And then college happened...

Cookie
03-17-2008, 05:41 PM
I was there for five years. I can't say I just fall into one stereotypical group.

Year 7 - Petrified of pretty much everything. YOU GET EXPELLED FOR TALKING DURING CLASS!11!!!

Year 8 - Realized that I could lighten up a bit and started fooling around a lot.

Year 9 - Hit my peak of rebelliousness by the end of the year. Immensely pissed off just about every teacher I had.

Year 10 - Tried to sort myself out at the start of the year after doing pretty crappy in the end of year tests the previous year, but got bored and reverted to being naughty in most of my lessons, and not really caring as much about getting good grades as opposed to four years earlier.

Year 11 - Didn't really care about anything anymore. Slept through most morning lessons and started going in around third period/dinner time. Got a ton of detentions for missing so much time, but discovered that they can't really do anything if you don't show up. Got banned from prom. Did poorly in comparison to my expected grades and subsequently made my future pretty unclear. Everybody got disappointed. I slept.

Even though I pretty much hated school throughout, year 8 to 11 was really epic.

From the poll list I'd have to choose rebel.

rubah
03-17-2008, 05:48 PM
brainy of course~

Shoeberto
03-17-2008, 05:59 PM
I was geeky but didn't really care too much about things that I wasn't involved in, like sports. I don't think my friends really fit into a description. We were content just doing our thing and having fun with people. Nobody was really excluded from us unless they were jerks.

Calliope
03-17-2008, 06:31 PM
I was posting here in high school :(

Zeldy
03-17-2008, 06:34 PM
Even though I pretty much hated school throughout, year 8 to 11 was really epic.

Yeah, I find that. I'm in year 11 now, and it's the best year socially, but the worst year with all the GCSEs. Year 8 was the best, it was the nothing year, there was exams but they meant nothing. Year 9 was SATS and years 10 and 11 were OMG GCSEs!!1!11

I'm really not sure. I mean Ive rarely had any detentions at all and Ive been on the bad behaviour ordit once in my whole 5 years of being here, and that was forgetting my Maths book; I wouldn't call myself nerdy though, I'm just careful. Ive been sent out the room a few times xD

I'll have to do it like cookie, as you really do change each year.

Year 7; I was about 11, and I was a proper nerd. I was a loner too, I hated year 7.

Year 8; everybody becomes rebels and thinks they're hard. ugh. I see year 8s around school now and I'm just like ugh GO AWAY. They walk around swinging their shoulders because they're not the youngest year any more. In year 8 I stopped doing all my homework on time and maybe started talking more in classes. I wasn't a reb but I wasn't such a goody-two-shoes.

Year 9 is one of the best years, though teachers never shut up about SATs, which don't even really mean anything. Year 9 is when you find the wonders of make up, though now I see girls in years 7 and 8 covered in make up, it's just wrong. Year 9 is when you get a name for yourself and for me, it was "goth" ;D

Year 10 is pretty epic. You have teachers ranting on about GCSEs but you don't actually do much as you think 'eh, I have next year!', I so wish I hadn't done that now xD In year 10 you become more rebellious in and out of school, getting drunk on evenings etc. You leave coursework to the last minute and talk pretty much all lesson. I was still a "goth" but people still thought I was alright!

Year 11 is the year I'm in now. Our school is divided into two category's, popular and unpopular. If you're not one of the popular groups then you're a nobody. You get bombarded with coursework from every lesson but you still have time to go out and get really drunk and stoned, I started doing more of that in my seniors (10 & 11).

I hang around with a weird group of friends though. Me and this other girl are the "goths" though I'm really, really not a goth, and this other girl is more a "trend" and there's a few guys who are the "geeks" and then a few other people who are just "normal". I'd say I'm just the Nice Guy/Girl next door genre, I wish people saw that I'm not such a 'goth'.

Yamaneko
03-17-2008, 06:35 PM
HAY GUYZ I WAS TOTALLY UNIQUE AND COULD NOT BE CLASSIFIED INTO ONE OF YOUR TRITE SOCIAL GROUPS

Old Manus
03-17-2008, 06:41 PM
Zeldy should do sociology at A Level imho, after that essay

Tallulah
03-17-2008, 06:43 PM
Closest was 'brainy' I suspect. In Year 7, everyone wanted me to be on the quiz team in Humanities on the last day of term. Though I did rebel a bit in Year 8, it was pretty much consistent. One boy I knew since primary school purposely sat on my right hand side in English so he could freakin' copy me! :mad:

Certainly not a food expert; I got a D in Home Ec. Now I make awesome cakes, biscuits and exotic dinners, but I still can't fry an egg! :p

Zeldy
03-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Zeldy should do sociology at A Level imho, after that essay

I do Sociology at GCSE xD

Old Manus
03-17-2008, 07:13 PM
Touché

LunarWeaver
03-17-2008, 09:04 PM
I guess brainy since I'm a nerd. I mostly blocked all of HS out of my memory.

Montoya
03-17-2008, 11:07 PM
I was somewhat brainy, but I was more in the shy guy with a girlfriend clique.

Shiny
03-17-2008, 11:12 PM
Psh to those groups. I can relate to almost anyone in all of them, but I'd only classify myself as a film geek because 9 times out of ten I can be found in my school's studio working on something.

Madame Adequate
03-18-2008, 12:54 AM
I was the kind who regularly contemplated either Columbine or suicide because the bullying was nearly unbearable :monster:

I Took the Red Pill
03-18-2008, 02:53 AM
Kid with the highest SAT score in the school who still played sports and partied with the "football guys"? :kaoclove:

Rye
03-18-2008, 02:55 AM
Kid with the highest SAT score in the school who still played sports and partied with the "football guys"? :kaoclove:

I hate you forever Keith. :kaoclove:

Momiji
03-18-2008, 02:56 AM
I was the kind of person who fit in with everyone but the preppy kids, who I detested. I was also well-known for being very sarcastic and a bit of a jerk to the class clowns/class idiots as well. I was usually the person who broke up other peoples' fights and told them to shut the hell up as well, and this is all without losing my temper.

I don't miss it.

Shoeberto
03-18-2008, 03:15 AM
I was the kind who regularly contemplated either Columbine or suicide because the bullying was nearly unbearable :monster:
That was me in junior high.

Ryth
03-18-2008, 03:17 AM
I'm not really sure a lot of people seem to think I'm a combo of brainy, rebel, and stoner. Even though I don't do drugs.

Evastio
03-18-2008, 03:20 AM
I was one of those brainy people that were in the student council and absolutely hated sports and gym.

Rase
03-18-2008, 03:28 AM
I was that guy that nobody had a problem with and who got along with everyone more or less. So nice guy next door I guys.

Hambone
03-18-2008, 04:11 AM
I start high school in August. Right now I'm the musician/brainy and I don't intend on changing.

The Unknown Guru
03-18-2008, 04:19 AM
"Food Expert"?? Wha...?

I'm a slacker genius loner. I don't work hard at all, average around a 3.0, and constantly correct teachers. I have about 3 or 4 friends and around 50 acquaintances. I can say hi to just about anybody (in my grade) in the hall and they'll say hi back, but nobody really initiates conversations with me.

However, if there was a food expert clique, then I would totally be in it.

Bakamut
03-18-2008, 05:34 AM
I'm not really sure a lot of people seem to think I'm a combo of brainy, rebel, and stoner. Even though I don't do drugs.
Hehehe yeah in high school I was often called a stoner and asked if I was stoned (by the teachers and the students) just because I was always so tired and fell asleep in class a lot. Even though I never smoked weed until I was in year 11. Early mornings fuck me up.

Dynast-Kid
03-18-2008, 05:50 AM
I'm in high school!

I don't know what I would be classified as. I'm that one kid that's always happy and chipper and laughy and giggly, but who's really intelligent and capable of high level thinking if need be. The kids at school never see me down, and when I am upset, I deal with those negative emotions in my own personal, private place. And i'm also passive aggressive, which probably has something to do with it. :jess:

I'm also super flamboyant and exuberant, and I talk to everyone all the time. I don't have many really close friends, but I have a wide circle of people with which I can BECOME close to when it's convenient. I'm never mean to anyone (directly), and I think that'll come in handy when one of the weird kids decides to bring a gun to school!

Because of my upbeat attitude and non-aggressive behavior (and lack of male friends), I also have the reputation of being "the gay kid". Everyone in the school is thinking it and talks about it behind my back, but won't ever say it to my face. Even though I know all about it, they don't know I do. But it really doesn't bother me (not because i'm a self-admitted bisexual), but because I know that I carry myself with enough dignity and confidence to know that their negative whisperings all stem from their own self-insecurity and self-conciousness.

Oh, and I also kiss up to all the teachers. ;)

Randgris
03-18-2008, 06:12 AM
Oh rude me I didn't post what I was. I was the brainy guy, one of the smartest in the class. I only had a handful of friends, I had a lot of enemies, I was not fond of physical education class, I was not part of any group/club/organization or whatsoever. I went through High School, just loafing around, I did not study but I still get high passing grade. I was bored.

Jojee
03-18-2008, 06:53 AM
I s'pose I was pretty brainy xD Involved in every activity ever. My don't we have a disproportionate population here :p

LanceOfTime
03-18-2008, 06:55 AM
outcast, but at the same time usually well liked by those i dont immediately deem my enemy.....i hang with the darker "wierd" guys, and refuse to speak to preps, sluts, whores, jocks, or wiggers.....:)

Balzac
03-18-2008, 10:54 AM
I was kicked out at 15, so rebel I guess.

Sarc the Swordsman
03-18-2008, 03:28 PM
I don't know what to class myself as from that list. I guess I was the nice guy, which I voted for. Generally, I got on with everyone - but I did have quite a few enemies. I was excellent at English and Science in high school, but bad at maths. I was also the 3rd fastest runner in the entire school! (Which resulted in bullies finding it fun to chase me -_-)

I had a bunch of close friends I hung around with, and spent most of my time talking to them in class in hushed whispers. As for college, it was basically the same - except I made a more diverse bunch of friends, and ironically ended up sticking with them since. My high school friends lost contact with me, or didn't bother to keep in touch after we finished.

So, basically I was the friendly guy who tended to get on with most people, got decent grades and was a very fast runner. xD

Araciel
03-18-2008, 10:11 PM
I was that guy you wish you were.

nik0tine
03-22-2008, 09:12 PM
I cant be put into any of those categories.