PDA

View Full Version : 10 000 BC

Peegee
03-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Didn't see another thread.

Who actually went out and saw it? I did, eventually, and I actually liked it. It's not a 4 star and probably just barely breaks 3 stars to be honest, but it has nice action scenes but was completely unbelievable. But it's okay.

I will say however that I have no idea what sort of 'trek' they made:

The tribe starts off on a mountain and after crossing it end up in the Jungle, and then to a desert and finally to Egypt. I don't know how long they lasted, but since humans were (relatively) stronger than we were, I suspended some disbelief

Anybody have any idea where they might have started? It could've been just in Northern Africa for all I know. Just curious.

Oh and discuss movie yayness :D

Breine
03-17-2008, 09:40 PM
I don't plan on seeing it since I think it looks pretty stupid. Emmerich only made one movie that I tought was okay, and that was The Day After Tomorrow. Maybe I'll rent this on DVD some day, but I won't watch it in a cinema that's for sure.

Montoya
03-17-2008, 11:12 PM
Saw the movie and tried to convince myself it was worth the ten dollars I paid for it. If I had waited and gone to the dollar theater it might have been worth it. It was alright, just not good.
A friend of mine saw it with me and he hated it, but he did point out something that I agreed with: Taking down a technologically advanced ancient civilization was way too easy back then. Yeah, the movie was not believable.

Renmiri
03-18-2008, 12:30 AM
Stampeding mammoths have a way of toppling rocks and people ;)

Yeah, it wasn't really believable but was watchable.

Big D
03-18-2008, 12:40 AM
Anybody have any idea where they might have started? It could've been just in Northern Africa for all I know. Just curious.Apparently, the film starts in Scandinavia. How they traverse that kind of distance is beyond me. I was going to see this one for the lulz, but then I remembered that subjecting myself to a regrettable film just for amusement is financially silly.

It's intriguing how the film included birds that became extinct some 12 million years ago, among its menagerie of ancient beasts.

Bakamut
03-18-2008, 05:51 AM
Is it anything like One Million Years BC? That movie rules :pinkelephant:

Necronopticous
03-18-2008, 05:56 AM
I don't plan on seeing it since I think it looks pretty stupid. Emmerich only made one movie that I tought was okay, and that was The Day After Tomorrow. Maybe I'll rent this on DVD some day, but I won't watch it in a cinema that's for sure.The Day After Tomorrow?

Dude, in one scene in that movie the characters <I>outrun</I> a freezing temperature.

Nominus Experse
03-18-2008, 06:40 AM
THIS IS SPARTAAA 10000 BC!!!!

This was also a ridiculous film, but visually interesting and satisfying in some scenes.

Big D
03-18-2008, 08:37 AM
The Day After Tomorrow?

Dude, in one scene in that movie the characters <I>outrun</I> a freezing temperature.That movie's version of 'science' was pretty silly, but in an environment with completely still air (like in that scene), I reckon it'd be feasible to move faster than the encroaching cold-itude.

Nonetheless, Emmerich does tend to favour style over any kind of subtance in his movies...

Breine
03-18-2008, 11:44 AM
I don't plan on seeing it since I think it looks pretty stupid. Emmerich only made one movie that I tought was okay, and that was The Day After Tomorrow. Maybe I'll rent this on DVD some day, but I won't watch it in a cinema that's for sure.The Day After Tomorrow?

Dude, in one scene in that movie the characters <I>outrun</I> a freezing temperature.

I don't remember that :P I just thought it was pretty entertaining, at least compared to his other movies.

Aerith's Knight
03-18-2008, 03:22 PM

Dude, in one scene in that movie the characters outrun a freezing temperature.

If I was gonna calculate that you have to do the whole diffussivity equation of that specific air and stuff.. I hate thermodynamics..

lets just say that I find it hard to believe that you have -200C (or so) air flowing, while the air around it is a nice -9/-10C ?

At least nice enough to run through.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
03-27-2008, 04:58 PM
looks like a movie id see in history class i wont see it in theaters, maybe tv tho

Heath
03-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Went to the cinema the other week and what we went to see was a toss up between this and Vantage Point. We decided it would be preferable to keep out cash. Didn't really appeal to me. If someone put it on while I was over at their house on DVD in the future, I'm sure I'd play on my DS while others watched it watch it.

Shoeberto
03-28-2008, 09:34 PM
looks like a movie id see in history class
Maybe if your history teacher is a) retarded or b) gets kicks out of feeding blatant misinformation before sending you out into the world.