PDA

View Full Version : Question about Assassin

[M] Athena
03-17-2008, 09:54 PM
What kind of weapon do I use?

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
03-17-2008, 09:59 PM
I'd assume that since the picture of the role shows him holding a rifle, you use a gun.

[M] Athena
03-17-2008, 10:01 PM
Well that's balls.

So basically there's a pro-town player in this game who has no chance of being killed, day or night? And now he's a confirmed citizen and therefore won't be lynched. Fantastic. >_>

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
03-17-2008, 10:02 PM
yeah -.o

[M] Mom – Host
03-17-2008, 10:10 PM
OHH crono? yeah well. He almost got lynched :p

[M] Athena
03-17-2008, 10:15 PM
Uh. You did. In the thread.

Bullet proof townie remains bullet proof even during the day. Therefore, can't be day killed.

Unless you have a day ninja running around.

[M] Mom – Host
03-17-2008, 10:17 PM
i was thinking you were talking about kirby :P

[M] Athena
03-17-2008, 11:25 PM
MH, I just checked the mafia roles flash thingy and there is no gun in the picture with the Assassin.

The Mafia hitman has the gun, not Assassin.

So what's the deal. Can I get through bulletproof townies, or what?

[M] Mom – Host
03-18-2008, 12:19 AM
Ummmm that's just it the flash doesn't say D: but seeing as it compares it to a daytime vig which uses a gun (me thinks) I'd believe it use a gun as well. BUT the name assassin could also mean like a knife >.< i'm so confused. I'm thinking gun.

[M] Athena
03-18-2008, 12:20 AM
You guys didn't think about bullet proof townie and who may or many not be able to kill him?

[M] Mom – Host
03-18-2008, 12:30 AM
Well I thought that assassin had a gun but you keep pushing that they don't. They have a gun. Get over it. No, you can no longer kill them now that they are out in the open and the day vig shot and didn't killed them. The only way now is to get them lynched and seeing as you've been a host yourself miriel I would think you out off all people would some how be able to pull this off.

[M] Athena
03-18-2008, 12:32 AM
I didn't push anything. I was just asking. I never once said that they used something other than guns.

What does me having been a host have to do with anything?

Bullet proof townie is an incredibly strong role, I was wondering if you did anything to balance that out.

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
03-18-2008, 12:35 AM
In all fairness, it doesn't matter what kind of weapon the assassin uses. Bulletproof can mean just plain weapon proof anyway, just that bulletproof seems to fit better as a title.

[M] Mom – Host
03-18-2008, 12:36 AM
The thing of two mafias kinda balances it out. Not only that but both mafias have power roles so yes that is kinda balanced. The majority of mafia against town was way more than normal. Therefore some power roles had to be placed on the town side. Things like the vig and bullet proof townie. So not only do the mafia have an advantage because there is a lot more of them but they have power roles. The town need strong roles to balance it out.

Del Murder
03-18-2008, 02:01 AM
In my opinion having a day and night kill immune bulletproof townie basically hands the game to the town. I can't think of a scenario where this would lead to a mafia win.

2 mafias do not balance this, because neither can kill him. 2 mafias really does nothing for balance, since they are against each other as well, and can kill each other, as we found out in night 1. It just adds some confusion when the town finds out about the second mafia.

Freya
03-18-2008, 03:30 AM
I'm sorry that miriel doesn't want to use her role. You killed one of the other mafians meaning you're ahead as of now. That is balanced.

Look sweet heart. You don't know all the details of the roles. Godfather is immune to all kills except lynchment and is immune to investigations. That is one power role for you. Janitor can hide a role from the public. SO if you are so convinced that the town doesn't need to know of another mafia use that SECOND power role. You can day kill! Another power role. And you had a goon. So far that's 3 major power roles. Plus a goon that you communicate with so that's kinda another power role in it's own way.

Yes there is another mafia. You have figured that out. But you killed one of their power roles. As you should know if they had recruited someone they would be just a goon. And they should have a godfather as well being that they are a mafia faction. So far that's only 2 roles. Also if they had recruited someone of a power role on town side it would be null and voided as you should know. Both of you should know, del and "samus". So if they had recruited then it would just be a goon and the town would possibly be out of a power role. That leaves them possibly with one more power role.

You greatly hindered them by taking out one of their team mates. You saved your own team mate. You are above them at the moment. Work the town more if you are really bothered by it. They are sheep and you know it.

I was quite happy when I rolled you for assassin samus. Yes I thought that with kirby being the person he is that he'd take the game. But when I rolled you for assassin I thought you could stand up against him. Please don't prove me wrong honey. He would have taken this game unchallenged. You and your team are his obstacle. You being one of the last to sign up, as I was getting down to the last 3 players I was starting to get worried that the assassin role would be handed to a newer player. Take it the other one of the three wouldn't have been a bad choice either :/ I digress, you are his challenge.

[M] Athena
03-18-2008, 03:42 AM
What. The. Heck?

xD

Oh my god, where did you even get the idea that I don't want to use my role??

Seriously, you and Demon Dude are getting yourselves really confused. And getting all defensive over nothing. And I think you're giving us way too much information. There are things in your post that you should not be telling us.

Relax. I think you guys are getting too caught up in the game. Answer questions that people ask you directly, but nothing more than that. This way it lessens the chance of you guys influencing people or spilling information that shouldn't be spilt.

Freya
03-18-2008, 04:13 AM
Oh honey no. I didn't give any info out that you shouldn't have been able to gather yourself. I didn't till you if they had recruited a power role or not. And of course i'm defensive when I get a complaint from both you and del, mind you del was in this thread and in a pm, about how my set up is wack. Of course i'm a bit irritable. I think that's reason enough.

Samus;2446774']
I... am not really sure what the benefits of a day kill would be. >_>
Mind you yes this was before you found out about another mafia. I don't feel like finding other things cause i'm too lazy and i'm not making a mafia case.

[M] Athena
03-18-2008, 04:21 AM
You can't take every little comment/concern/complaint by players (or non-players) seriously. Unless it's a question that needs to be answered and clarified, just ignore it. There's nothing you can do about it until the game is over anyway, so just let it go.

Every single game there are gonna be complaints. Every single time. So don't get wrapped up in trying to defend yourself. Be as impartial as you can be. And I guess... just try not to get too involved. As a host, it's hard not to try and engage in the game and talk to players and whatnot, but the best thing to do is to stay out of it. Talk amongst yourselves instead. That's another reason why having a second host is good, so that instead of coming at the players, you can just bounce things off one another and be like, "grrr... can you believe so-and-so was complaining about this-and-that??" instead.

Freya
03-18-2008, 05:07 AM
Well babe, let see. I guess I respect you and del more seeing as you guys were hosts before. Hosts of successful games. So your opinions hit closer to home than any other player would. THAT'S why I got irritated. Also with an inactive host partner like DD how can I do such a thing as communicate? Yeah, he has school and well sleep. I rarely catch him online.

Del Murder
03-18-2008, 05:15 AM
I think DD wanted to be a host just so he could make random comments in the thread and secret forums. :D

Don't take too much offense to our comments. And Samus doesn't even know what the setup is, so don't read too much into her talk about balance. She's just trying to get clarification on things.

I think it will be a fun time and the best thing for the non players to do is just sit back and watch. :) I'll stay out of things and keep comments and stuff to pms.

[M] Athena
03-18-2008, 05:21 AM
Yeah, you can vent to Del Murder if you want. He's used to that. :p

[M] Mom – Host
03-18-2008, 05:42 AM
I expect you do that often then eh? xD

[M] Harry - Dad's Dad
03-18-2008, 11:17 PM
Everything taken care of here? Let's talk about the other team, shall we?