PDA

View Full Version : If you could bring Aeris back...

WhiteEagle
03-17-2008, 09:57 PM
If you could design the game to bring Aeris back, would you have done so? You gotta admit, it was a pretty clever way to get the player involved in the game. And FF7:AC kind of ties up the loose ends with her... and Cloud's got Tifa there as a spare chick. So I guess it all depends whether you prefer Aeris to Tifa. If you prefer Tifa... well, that's one way to get rid of an ex girlfriend. Which would actually come in handy with some of mine in real life... *hands them some white materia*

Vyk
03-17-2008, 10:01 PM
a spare

What a great way to put it. That's totally how I refer to Tifa too ~_~

Considering there never was an option for reviving her. Just a little controversy over WHEN she dies. Uh... I mean that's totally changing the game mechanic. I'd have brought her back if I could. God knows I tried hard enough with them stupid rumors. But as you say, it drew in the player (or made them rejoice haha). I don't think I'd ever hated a villain as much as when Seph stabbed Aeris. Too bad for her. It was destiny

Vivisteiner
03-17-2008, 10:29 PM
I would bring Aeris back and kill her personally, again.

Its not that Ive got anything against her. Its just my job. Im a sadist.

BG-57
03-17-2008, 11:48 PM
Aeris was my favorite character in FFVII, but I wouldn't want her to come back. As sad as I was by her loss and as annoyed as I was with Sephiroth (he had some of my sympathy up to that point), I think it served the story better for her to be martyred.

I hope after the events of AC she can return fully to the Lifestream and be reincarnated. She deserves happiness in the next life, even if she didn't find it in this one.

Aerith's Knight
03-18-2008, 01:13 AM
another thread like this? how much does that make it? *looks at rubah*

Hambone
03-18-2008, 01:54 AM
No. Either leave it the way the game was made or don't kill her at all.

Sarc the Swordsman
03-18-2008, 02:08 AM
As much as I like Aeris, the game wouldn't be as dramatic if she didn't die. It made the player have a reason to hate Sephiroth, instead of the usual 'Let's hate him because he is going to destroy the world!'

Well, he wanted that too...but the fact one of the playable, main characters was killed off like that really involved the player.

JodoBaggins
03-18-2008, 03:13 AM
No way...her dying just defines how ill sephiroth is :cool:

Mirage
03-18-2008, 04:55 AM
I'd make sweet love to her. By the fire.

Vyk
03-18-2008, 05:32 AM
/chef

The Ceej
03-18-2008, 06:42 PM
Her death was integral to the plot. That's the way it has to be or the story doesn't work. You plan on rewriting the entire story to make her death unnecessary?

Crossblades
03-19-2008, 03:38 AM
Her death was integral to the plot. That's the way it has to be or the story doesn't work.

Agreed. Plus, I never used her anyway. What's the point of leveling a character you know gonna die?

Roogle
03-19-2008, 04:50 PM
If I could change parts of the game, I would allow the player to play as Aerith at various points in the game. This would establish a greater rapport with the character and allow you to see the story from her perspective.

I would like to have had sequences of her thoughts before and after her death like that small novella, too, as I think it would show that her death was meant to be. I think that the final nature of her death was established in the game as the characters have no way of communicating with her and she, personally, is never heard from again, but this is contradicted in the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII because she is always available in events that took place before the game, dream sequences, and flashback sequences.

I think that it would be alright to add more of her perspective, before and after death, to the original game.

Yar
03-19-2008, 09:14 PM
Couldn't stand her and I wouldn't want her back. I laughed at her murder.

Breine
03-23-2008, 10:21 PM
Without her death the game wouldn't be the same, so my answer is no.. eventhough I've always had somewhat of a soft spot for her.

Kasou
03-23-2008, 11:53 PM
Hmm... if I had to bring her back, I'd have her brought back evil. So she'd be a minion of Jenova or a reincarnation of Sephiroth :monster:

Because getting Cloud to kill her to save humanity is just too awesome :D

Remnant
03-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Hey, Optimus prime gets killed by Megatron, and it's integral to the plot.

Then he comes back, but is evil because the quintessons did something to him. He gets exploded by planetary defense systems.

Then somehow, his ship is found with his corpse floating around in it, and he is brought back again, only good this time.

So, for some characters, dying for story purposes isn't a permanent thing. Of course, that doesn't mean Aeris should come back.

Unless she's got the touch! She's got the POOOOWEEEEEEEEEER!

Crossblades
03-24-2008, 04:37 PM
Hey, Optimus prime gets killed by Megatron, and it's integral to the plot.

Then he comes back, but is evil because the quintessons did something to him. He gets exploded by planetary defense systems.

Then somehow, his ship is found with his corpse floating around in it, and he is brought back again, only good this time.

So, for some characters, dying for story purposes isn't a permanent thing. Of course, that doesn't mean Aeris should come back.

Unless she's got the touch! She's got the POOOOWEEEEEEEEEER!

Fan of the original Transformers and movie eh? Me too:p

But I agree with Remnant though

Aerith's Knight
03-24-2008, 05:57 PM
If you could drink a gallon of vodka and not die..

If you could screw models without effort..

If you could get a nickel for every time someone makes a thread like this..

scrumpleberry
03-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Her death was very weak. If anything I'd rather not have killed her in the first place. If one was going to bring her back, it would have to be a spectacularly good resurrection to not make it seem contrived and to make it worth it - frankly, I think if she was brought back, we'd be steering into FFIV land.

Quindiana Jones
03-25-2008, 12:56 AM
For that Level 4 Break. Oh yes.

Although I like Kasou's idea too. That'd be so good.

Dr. Acula
03-25-2008, 01:04 AM
If there was an option to bring her back, I would because I can (and I like having a full cast of characters. Which is why I always get Yuffie and Vincent even if I don't use them).

But I like things the way they are now. Her death was part of the plot. And so it should stay.

cloud21zidane16
04-01-2008, 03:26 PM
Her death was integral to the plot. That's the way it has to be or the story doesn't work.

Agreed. Plus, I never used her anyway. What's the point of leveling a character you know gonna die?

If you love to get do everything possible in the game you might have wanted to teach her limit break level 4 maybe?:) Other than than no reason.

I also agree about it was essential to the story.

Elly
04-01-2008, 04:06 PM
she can learn her Lvl.4 Limit before she dies all it takes is a little backtracking once you get the Buggy...

**SPOILER**

drive the Buggy into Costa Del Sol (do not disembark), board the ship headed for Junon, head NE toward the shallow in the river, cross it, and continue on untill you see the cave with the sleeping man, fight untill the last 2 digits of your fight counter are the same (ie. 11, 22, 33, ect...), go into the cave talk to the man and hope he gives you a Mythril (odd numbers increase the chance of getting a Mythril)... proceed with the game from this point untill you get the Tiny Bronco, take the plane and travel to Nibelheim and follow the river there across the continent toward the Golden Saucer, near the end is a little house on the right with a man inside that talks about the Keystone change the subject and he'll talk about weapons, give him the Mythril and then go upstairs and open the safe in the wall and there you have it Aerith's Lvl.4 Limit with her still alive...

the fact that you can board the ship in Costa Del Sol with the Buggy is the one detail most people miss, and that omission makes them think it's impossible for her to get it while alive but it's actualy quite easy and very possible...

Mercen-X
04-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Xavier. She should be placed in someone else's body.

If anyone needs resurrection, it's Zack (Seph's had his shot.)

ljkkjlcm9
04-02-2008, 07:19 PM
She's better off dead, she was useless as a playable character. The best characters had multiple hit Ultimate Limit Breaks, aka Cloud, Barret, and Cid... or Tifa as a 4th

THE JACKEL

Alex151
04-03-2008, 11:40 PM
You can't bring her back, it'd ruin the game.

If you looked at things from her perspective during the game, it would have somewhat given away the whole idea that cloud was pretty much Zack, so you couldnt do that either.

I'd pretty much not change a thing about the game at all except for its graphics

Rostum
04-04-2008, 02:14 AM
I'd rather bring Zack back, he was so much cooler. :(

Anyway, no I wouldn't change it.

Bolivar
04-05-2008, 12:20 AM
I alwasy did prefer Tifa and I usually get her for the date, a couple times unintentional. Although it kinda feels like the main story is compromised a little... in any case, I wouldn't bring Aeris back, that's what the developers intended, for multiple reasons, and remains as one of the reasons VII has maintained such a following that it has, even 10-11 years after its release.

Bashini
05-23-2008, 08:06 AM
I liked Aerith's character, but I think she needed to die. Besides bringing her back would confuse Cloud, and Tifa would be pissed. I think she is happier being apart of the planet with Zach. But if they wrote the story differently, I would probably have her in my party all the time over Tifa. Tifa's devotion to Cloud just struck me as odd and slightly annoying.

Reasoniamalive
05-23-2008, 09:23 AM
For that Level 4 Break. Oh yes.

Although I like Kasou's idea too. That'd be so good.

2nd'd.

...and, as another poster put it, why level a character you know is gonna kick it? (bucket. ;p) She sucked anyway. I never used her (even prior to knowing she kicked it.)

The only reason threads like this exist is because some players think that Aeris 'n Cloud > Tifa 'n Cloud and you know it. Sure, the level 4 limit break is the poopsauce; but... I dunno...

She had it comin. = 3

Elly
05-23-2008, 02:37 PM
the Lvl.4 Limit Break isn't even an issue since you can get it long before she's gone...

yeah it does seem that the only people that really want Aerith back are the AxC shippers, they just want Aerith back and don't usualy care if it would ruin the storyline...

Suvious
05-25-2008, 03:26 PM
If I could bring her back I'd make her stop wearing those fucking boots that don't go with a dress!

Vivisteiner
05-25-2008, 03:46 PM
I used her even though I knew she would die. I thought she would die at the end of the game.

Randgris
05-25-2008, 04:32 PM
I won't really bring her back, despite me loving her character very much (I leveled her up more than Cloud) cause if she did not die, Cloud and the gang won't really have a reason to fight Sephiroth. If I designed the game, I'd probably integrate myself in it, an additional secret character, one that needs one hell of a guide to unlock. Yeah, that's what I always fantasize, in all FF games.

*sigh

PeneloRatsbane
05-25-2008, 11:17 PM
I loved her and missed her, but back alive? i dunno. i guess i'd just want more time with her before she died, if anything, but still have her death. I hate it when characters come back from the dead that stupid lion in Narnia, gah, ofcourse a lion will beat a woman in a fight duh!
once dead a character should stay dead, with the exception of Eliza in Shaman King.

BG-57
05-25-2008, 11:43 PM
If I could bring her back I'd make her stop wearing those smurfing boots that don't go with a dress!

My favorite description of her was 'the girl in the prom dress and combat boots'

I won't really bring her back, despite me loving her character very much (I leveled her up more than Cloud) cause if she did not die, Cloud and the gang won't really have a reason to fight Sephiroth. If I designed the game, I'd probably integrate myself in it, an additional secret character, one that needs one hell of a guide to unlock. Yeah, that's what I always fantasize, in all FF games.

*sigh

She was my favorite character in FFVII. I really underestimated Sephiroth's ruthlessness. So yes I found that last Omnislash satisfying.

I loved her and missed her, but back alive? i dunno. i guess i'd just want more time with her before she died, if anything, but still have her death. I hate it when characters come back from the dead that stupid lion in Narnia, gah, ofcourse a lion will beat a woman in a fight duh!
once dead a character should stay dead, with the exception of Eliza in Shaman King.

C.S. Lewis was a devout christian so a Christ figure in his mythology shouldn't be much of a suprise.

I find your final comment telling. I think most of us have a favorite character in a story that gets killed off and we wish could reappear. The problem is finding a way without making it really contrived.

PeneloRatsbane
05-26-2008, 02:16 PM
so the lion is like jesus? ok i get it i think.

I wouldn't want Aeris back, it would be weird and they would all have surplas pink ribbons with nothing to do with them.

I liked that Eliza wasa back alive cos Faust was so creepy, and she never spoke (i think thats right isn't it?) there was a weird air around them but it was sorta sweet as well. I liked the original Faust story as well and i enjoyed the twist on it.

Roogle
05-27-2008, 07:55 PM
A scenario with a piece of Jenova attempting to pose as Aerith would be slightly crooked. It seems that the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII is trying to pose Aerith as purity at its peak and more powerful in death than in life, so...

BG-57
05-27-2008, 11:24 PM
I liked that Eliza wasa back alive cos Faust was so creepy, and she never spoke (i think thats right isn't it?) there was a weird air around them but it was sorta sweet as well. I liked the original Faust story as well and i enjoyed the twist on it.

In that case you should check out the anime Saber Marionette J. It has a really interesting sci-fi take on the Faust legend.

FFIX Choco Boy
06-12-2008, 10:30 PM
I actually cheered Sephy on as he killed Aeris, and I still do every time I get to that point. I have a save right before it so I can see her die over and over again, lol. I just didn't like her, so I wouldn't bring her back, unless she was evil, or at least not so nice. One day, I'ma teach my kids that being nice is a flaw in your character.