PDA

View Full Version : Favourite song from the Final Fantasy VII OST

Megalixir
03-18-2008, 02:33 AM
For me, its definately "On the other side of the Mountain"

The song only comes up once in the game, but perfectly sets the tone. Such a wide range of emotions spanned over a two minute midi guitar loop.

Wolf Kanno
03-18-2008, 06:46 AM
VII has too many really good tracks. "Still More Fighting" is still the only normal boss theme in the series that I love to death. Granted a few people might cite some of the character themes as the best but I honestly enjoyed some of the more off-beat tracks.

My two personal favorites are "The Great Warrior" and "The Flow of Life" made more amusing by the fact that I never cared for Red XIII or his story but both of my favorite tracks are during story segments involving him.

"The Great Warrior" is just a really good track in my opinion. Its construction and feel is really well done. You get a real feel for Seto even though he has no interaction in the story whatsoever.

"The Flow of Life" is slightly different, not only is it a beautiful ambient track but I feel the scene its used in was well executed and utilized for what I feel was a turning point for the games story. For those who don't remember, its the track that plays when Bugenhagen explains the nature of the Planet and the Lifestream as a living organism. Suddenly, saving the world was less hippie bull:skull::skull::skull::skull: and more of a spiritual matter. I really felt the feel of the game changed after this point and this track fits the scene beautifully.

Sephitachi7
03-18-2008, 08:59 AM
My 2 favorites are Jenova Absolute and Cosmo Canyon.

JodoBaggins
03-18-2008, 09:19 AM
Mako Reactor and who am I

Aerith's Knight
03-18-2008, 03:24 PM
hmm.. whats OST? ^__^''

Kappy
03-18-2008, 05:52 PM
^Original soundtrack

For me, my favourite is "World Crisis" (the ending theme)
the last two or so minutes when the lifestream appears to strengthen Holy is pure aural orgasm.

Super Sepiroth
03-18-2008, 10:41 PM
Still More Fighting!!!!

But also I love J-E-N-O-V-A on the AC soundtrack- It makes me wanna Air Guitar lol

MJN SEIFER
03-18-2008, 11:20 PM
"Still More Fighting" is absolutly amazing, I was probably the first OST in the game I really took notice of. I also like Aeris' Theme because it makes me emotioal at times, I am emotional.

I like "One Winged Angel" and the song that precedes it (I can't remember the title) The FFVII take on the Chocobo music is awsome (I think it's called "Eletric Chocobo, but I'm not sure)

I actually more or less like all the songs at apropriate times (if that makes sense) If the song works in the scene of the game it sounds good whether I like it or not.

I might do a thread on this...

Vyk
03-19-2008, 06:49 AM
I think its called You Can Hear the Cry of the Planet

But really. I think it'd be easier for me to pick out music I -didn't- like. Which off the top of my head I can't even think of anything :[

Wolf Kanno
03-19-2008, 09:02 AM
I like "One Winged Angel" and the song that precedes it (I can't remember the title) The FFVII take on the Chocobo music is awsome (I think it's called "Eletric Chocobo, but I'm not sure)

The track that plays before (during the battle with Bizzaro Sephiroth) is titled "Birth of God"

Megalixir
03-19-2008, 09:03 AM
as a music major, how ever
it is clear that my opinion is the most valid and valuable.

Big D
03-19-2008, 09:13 AM
VII has too many really good tracks.Indeed...
The World Theme, Aerith's Theme, Interrupted by Fireworks, Lifestream... all those tunes move me like no other gaming music :D One-Winged Angel, JENOVA and Still More Fighting are mighty rockin' pieces of battle music.

If I had to choose a single, absolute favourite from the entire soundtrack, it'd be from the final FMV: when the Lifestream rises up and helps to defeat Meteor. That scene, and it's musical accompaniment, are as close as I get to being moved to tears by a video game.

Vyk
03-19-2008, 09:48 AM

Think so, huh? :}

Marshall Banana
03-19-2008, 10:40 AM
Cait Sith's theme and Rufus' Welcoming Ceremony are very catchy! I really like them.

Aerith's Knight
03-19-2008, 03:36 PM
Aerith's theme, One winged angel, JENOVA, Tifa's theme, Rufus welcoming party.. i cant pick

Roogle
03-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Might I make a recommendation? If you like the Final Fantasy VII Original Soundtrack, you will like the OverClocked ReMix project, Voices of the Lifestream (http://ff7.ocremix.org/). If your favorite song is on there, you'll learn to appreciate it more when heard with better instrumentation and all of that.

Megalixir
03-19-2008, 07:44 PM

do you remember me?

MJN SEIFER
03-19-2008, 09:08 PM

The track that plays before (during the battle with Bizzaro Sephiroth) is titled "Birth of God"

Thank you.

Vyk
03-19-2008, 09:51 PM

do you remember me?

o.O; Now that you mention it... We talked on MSN frequently for about a month or so when I was a rookie o_o

BG-57
03-20-2008, 12:17 AM
Beneath the Rotting Pizza
Cid's Theme
Judgment Day
Birth of God
A One-Winged Angel

Megalixir
03-20-2008, 01:08 AM

do you remember me?

o.O; Now that you mention it... We talked on MSN frequently for about a month or so when I was a rookie o_o

absolutely :)

Breine
03-23-2008, 10:19 PM
Cosmo Canyon, Aeris' Theme, One-winged Angel and the Boss Battle Theme are probably my favourites. There are many good tracks in Final Fantasy VII, though.

Aerith's Knight
03-23-2008, 10:35 PM
the FFIX tracks had more good ones imo.. but the entire FF psx generation music ruled over all.

Bolivar
03-25-2008, 05:31 AM
It's hard to pick, as VII has my favorite soundtrack. Call me a fanboy, but the way Uematsu was able to make music sync up with the events brought RPGs to a new level.

For that reason the opening theme is great, so is bombing mission. One winged angel is consistently the most reaction-grabbing song of any Final Fantasy orchestra interpretation. The overworld theme is beautiful, I love blazing before playing the game while letting that play. The shinra theme was so perfectly evil he had to rehash it for Kuja in FFIX. The theme for Tifa when she's first introduced (even with the awkward synthesizers) is great to me.

But overall, I guess the main battle theme, Fighting, is my favorite track - it's the one you'll always hear most often on any playthrough. My favorite FF battle theme and that last part at the end almost makes you want to fight long battles. Classic ish right there!

chrisfffan
03-29-2008, 12:58 PM
I like the main theme the best then probably Aerith's theme

Dreddz
03-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Both Reunion and A Secret Sleeping in the Deep Sea are at a tie for my favourite. Definitely not the obvious picks but hey, I actually do prefer them to the rest of the soundtrack. Most of the obvious choices im not that fond of really, One Winged Angel, Aeriths theme etc

smittenkitten
03-29-2008, 08:09 PM
I love "Jenova" track, I did a presentaion abotu two years ago on FF VII for my college and used that track plus Sephiroth's most epic "One Winged Angel". I got full marks for it too! :D

Kain Strife
04-23-2008, 07:13 PM
What's the Tifa and Cloud theme called? You hear it when Cloud's in a wheelchair in Mideel, as well as other ocassions.

BG-57
04-24-2008, 01:29 AM
Off the Edge of Despair

Momiji
04-25-2008, 05:03 AM
I don't know what the name of it is, but I always did like the overworld theme song. I didn't really care for the rest of the music though, to be totally honest. I suppose 'J-E-N-O-V-A' was okay too.

Zeromus_X
04-25-2008, 05:31 AM
Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII.

Carl the Llama
04-25-2008, 10:54 AM
Obviously Aerith's theme is the best at "that" scene with that music and that Cloud dialogue its moving.

Aerith's Knight
04-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Obviously Aerith's theme is the best at "that" scene with that music and that Cloud dialogue its moving.

I always knew i liked you.

Mirage
04-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Interrupted by fireworks.

Momiji
04-25-2008, 07:13 PM
Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII.

What a fitting title. :p

Here's the song from Tour de Japon, on YouTube. It sounds fantastic. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzz5cVt70j8&feature=related)