PDA

View Full Version : Am I nearing the end? *spoilers*

Lunatic Pandora
03-19-2008, 12:26 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm playing the PSX version and I just beat the 4 crystals in the Elder's Tree. I was just curious how close to the end I am and what level I should be around by the time I get there (right now everyone's at level 28). Also, what are some of the main classes that I should master by the end?

Thanks!

Captain Maxx Power
03-19-2008, 12:28 AM
Dude you're no where near the end, you're about half way I'd say. Also although it's worth Mastering most of the classes, the one's I'd recommend are Summoner for !Call, Ninja for Dual-Wielding, Ranger for !X-Fight, and the three other mage-types for at least one character each i.e. White Mage, Black Mage and Time Mage. Blue Mage doesn't count, and Red Mage is only advisable if you really want to be able to cast spells twice in a row.

Lunatic Pandora
03-19-2008, 05:11 PM
Dude you're no where near the end, you're about half way I'd say. Also although it's worth Mastering most of the classes, the one's I'd recommend are Summoner for !Call, Ninja for Dual-Wielding, Ranger for !X-Fight, and the three other mage-types for at least one character each i.e. White Mage, Black Mage and Time Mage. Blue Mage doesn't count, and Red Mage is only advisable if you really want to be able to cast spells twice in a row.

Thanks for the tips. Are there any Blue Magic spells I should learn that I will absolutely use for any boss fights? Faris is my Blue Mage and has learned Aqua Rake along with 4 or 5 others, but the only Blue Magic spell I've ever used is Aqua Rake only a few times. Could I go without worrying about other Blue Magic spells?

Roogle
03-19-2008, 05:25 PM
I would recommend using a guide to identify and master Blue Magic (http://www.eyesonff.com/ff5/bluemagic.php). It is very difficult to learn spells from monsters in these types of games without using a guide. The problem with most guides is that they do not tell you where the monsters are found a lot of the time, and I prefer to have my Blue Magic in a step-by-step format because I really can't stand that type of magic!

Flying Mullet
03-19-2008, 05:27 PM
I've never fussed with Blue Magic much in this game. I think it depends upon your playing style or if you feel the urge to "master" the game on whether or not you'll go through the effort of finding the blue magic.

Crossblades
03-19-2008, 10:25 PM
I've never fussed with Blue Magic much in this game. I think it depends upon your playing style or if you feel the urge to "master" the game on whether or not you'll go through the effort of finding the blue magic.

In my very first playthrough I used Blue Mage, but then after that never bothered to use him again. I just didnt have the patience to learn spells. I prefer a Sorcerer actually

Marshall Banana
03-20-2008, 08:09 AM
Death Claw, Level 5 Death, Aeroga, and 1000 Needles are Blue Magic spells that I remember using often.

Lunatic Pandora
03-26-2008, 01:35 AM
Okay, I've made a little progress since my last post and right now I'm looking for a place to do some leveling and ABP gathering. I've just found my first lithograph at the Pyramid and obtained 3 weapons, although it wasn't easy. That Pyramid is one tough place to get through without having to use a Cottage every so often.

Does anyone have an idea where I could fight to gain decent ABP and EXP? I was trying around Mirrage Village because it has that pot that completely restores your party, but the enemies around there don't give exceptional EXP.

Crossblades
03-26-2008, 03:41 AM
Okay, I've made a little progress since my last post and right now I'm looking for a place to do some leveling and ABP gathering. I've just found my first lithograph at the Pyramid and obtained 3 weapons, although it wasn't easy. That Pyramid is one tough place to get through without having to use a Cottage every so often.

Does anyone have an idea where I could fight to gain decent ABP and EXP? I was trying around Mirrage Village because it has that pot that completely restores your party, but the enemies around there don't give exceptional EXP.

Jachol Cave. They don't give good exp, but they give out great ABP, especially when you fight the skulleaters

Lunatic Pandora
03-26-2008, 04:17 PM

Jachol Cave. They don't give good exp, but they give out great ABP, especially when you fight the skulleaters

Okay cool, which one was Jachol Cave? Where is it located in reference to a nearby town or castle?

Thank you!

Roogle
03-26-2008, 04:56 PM
Are you still able to enter Bal Castle? You know, the hometown of Galuf and Cara? You might want to consider training on the statues in the basement to obtain suitable experience points and ability points, as you can kill all of the monsters down there with a simple Soft.

Marshall Banana
03-26-2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah! I recommend Bal Castle, too! I mastered half of my jobs in the basement of Bal Castle. The enemies there drop a lot of gil, too; when I tired of leveling there, I had more gil than I could possibly use.

Roogle
03-26-2008, 05:12 PM
It is less risky than leveling in Jachol Cave, too, as the Skull Eater has an extremely powerful attack that can kill a party member instantly at low levels.

Lunatic Pandora
03-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Awesome, thanks for the tips guys. I'll see if I can still get into Bal Castle.

Crossblades
03-26-2008, 06:19 PM
It is less risky than leveling in Jachol Cave, too, as the Skull Eater has an extremely powerful attack that can kill a party member instantly at low levels.

But there is also a chance that they can run away from battle. Free ABP for doing nothing :D

rubah
03-26-2008, 07:37 PM
The skull eaters are fun but I don't usually run into them consistently :(

(protip, if you can get into jachol cave after world 1, you can get into bal castle :]]]]]])

arcanedude34
04-12-2008, 03:27 AM
I beat the game w/ two mimes and two freelancers. If I recall correctly, X-shot and dualweild were spammed. Alot. Lesse... one character w/ dualcast, no summoning, no blue magic, no black magic, very little time magic... no magic sword... so yeah. Hardcore.

Aya Reiko
05-22-2008, 09:42 PM
Are you still able to enter Bal Castle? You know, the hometown of Galuf and Cara? You might want to consider training on the statues in the basement to obtain suitable experience points and ability points, as you can kill all of the monsters down there with a simple Soft.
Forget about Soft. They're Level 45.

L5 Death them.

Mirage
05-22-2008, 11:13 PM
Get the blue magic "level 5 death", as the statues in Bal Castle's basement are all level 5.

Oh, Aya already said that.

JustAnotherCid
07-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Is there some particularly trixy way of learning Level 5 Death? I've had it cast on my party before and while, of course, those who had levels divisible by 5 died, everyone in the party had learning and was either a Mime or Freelancer at the time. Do you have to have it cast on you -and- survive or something? This game doesn't have a reflexive revive so I'm guessing I'm just forgetting my party setup.

CelestialStarDust
08-06-2008, 06:41 PM
i think the way i learned it was having galuf at a multiple of five(he leveled up faster somehow...)so when it was used,only he died and having learning equipped,i learned the spell.the demon head monster in the library casts it so you can learn it from them,or just control them.

and the best blue spell in my opinion was guardian,but it took awhile to get. :/