PDA

View Full Version : BABY, WHAT'S YO' SIGN!?

Dynast-Kid
03-19-2008, 06:53 AM
Well, I don't remember seeing any threads like this in a while, so...

What's your astrological Sun Sign!?

Lately, i've become OBSESSED with astrology, and use any opportunity I can to talk about it. So, y'know, why not on EoFF!?

Judging from the general populace of the forum, I predict that there are many Aquariuans and Geminis.

NOTE:

I HIGHLY recommend this (http://www.astro.com/horoscopes/ahor.asp) site to anyone curious for an astrological breakdown of their personality! Just enter your birth information when you start an account, and BAM! It's almost scary how accurate the site (especially the Astro Click Portrait) is! Oh, and it's all 100% FREE!

oddler
03-19-2008, 07:07 AM
The day that someone describes me as fiery is the day that Psychotic is made an Administrator.

Aries, at any rate.

Bakamut
03-19-2008, 07:09 AM
Scorpio.

rubah
03-19-2008, 07:10 AM
archer horse

Freya
03-19-2008, 07:12 AM
I has cancer o.o

Leeza
03-19-2008, 07:13 AM
I'm cheerful? :)

NeoCracker
03-19-2008, 07:14 AM
I'm Witty?

Ace14
03-19-2008, 07:15 AM
Dramatic? ;-; Well actually...I guess I can be :D Leo! Rawr

Dynast-Kid
03-19-2008, 07:20 AM
The day that someone describes me as fiery is the day that Psychotic is made an Administrator.

Aries, at any rate.

WARNING:Prepare for SUPER UBER-MEGA ASTRO DORK DYNAST-KID MODE!!!

Well, Oddler, you're an Aries. Your birthday must be sometime in between March 21st and April 20th, correct?

When someone says, "I'm an Aries", they are more than likely referring to their Sun Sign. The Sun transitions through one Zodiac sign for periods of roughly 30 days. Anyone born in that increment of time will be "born under" the sign of Aries, the Ram.

Now, this is the part where many disbelieve in astrology. Most common people think that their astrological Sun Sign is supposed to be a caricature of their entire personality. But that isn't so. For example, Aries is described as being fiery, impulsive, and headstrong; however, an individual born under Aries may be shy, withdrawn, and careful. There are MANY, MANY astrological factors involved when it comes to deciphering the human psyche.

I'm a Virgo, right? Born on August 27th. Now, Virgo is described as critical, perfectionist, prudish, quiet, and careful. BUT, only my Sun is in Virgo. I'm a very enthusiastic, talkative, and energetic individual.

In astrology, the Sun describes someone's ego. What they are and how they are at their deepest, rawest inner core.

So, Oddler, you might be calm and more reserved on the outside, but on the inside, at your deepest and most central point of existence, you are an Aries - fiery, impulsive, headstrong, stubborn, and a natural leader.

...Okay, i'm done. :jess:

oddler
03-19-2008, 07:34 AM
Yes. All the cool kids are born in April. Also, I'm everything you listed besides fiery. :monster:

Dynast-Kid
03-19-2008, 07:44 AM
Yes. All the cool kids are born in April. Also, I'm everything you listed besides fiery. :monster:

So I was right!? :jess:

I always tell people there's truth behind astrology, but no one cares to listen...

Most people epitomize their Sun Sign during childhood and later in life. For example, i'm a Virgo Sun, and you can tell because during childhood, I was the PICKIEST eater ever! I wouldn't eat food if it was touching, or if it didn't look too sanitary, or anything like that! I survived off of chicken nuggets and macaroni!

But thanks to my jolly Sagittarius Rising, I will eat anything as long as it tastes good! (You may be asking what a Rising Sign is, but that's a story for another time!)

Montoya
03-19-2008, 07:46 AM
I'm a Gemini. Yay.

Miriel
03-19-2008, 07:52 AM
Gemini, but I don't think I'm witty at all. My better half who is also a gemini is rather witty though.

Freya
03-19-2008, 07:54 AM
I'm emotional WHY AM I? how is this thing true about that -.-

Dynast-Kid
03-19-2008, 08:03 AM
I'm emotional WHY AM I? how is this thing true about that -.-

Well, you many not seem emotional on the outside, but on the inside you are a Cancer-emotional, nurturing, kind, and intuitive.

Cancer is a cardinal sign. The Cardinal Signs (Aries, Cancer, Libra, and Capricorn) are active and leading, taking up the initiative.

Cancer is also a water sign. The Water Signs (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces) are emotional, intuitive, and sympathetic. They function off of emotion.

The combination of cardinal (active, forceful) and water (emotional, intuitive) equals an active and forceful approach to the emotional needs. Which is why Cancer is the sign associated with motherhood, and is probably the most emotional sign of all.

Freya
03-19-2008, 08:08 AM
Oh... that makes sense. So i'd most likely be a good mommy? :3 So if i'm active and emotional then does that make me like a better leader?

Btw mafia players this explains my weird outburst in the game thread. xD

Araciel
03-19-2008, 08:12 AM
Virgo..

I'm extra-virginal guy!

Rantz
03-19-2008, 08:20 AM
Go sagittarius. :up:

Dynast-Kid
03-19-2008, 08:22 AM
Oh... that makes sense. So i'd most likely be a good mommy? :3 So if i'm active and emotional then does that make me like a better leader?

Btw mafia players this explains my weird outburst in the game thread. xD

Well, being a Cancer doesn't necessarily mean you'd automatically become SUPA' MOM or anything. I'd think it'd mean something more along the lines of having heightened maternal instincts. You'd have a stronger emotional connection to your children.

Weird outbursts, you say? Well, Cancer is ruled by the Moon, and the moon goes through different phases. Cancers tend to go through different moods and feelings during different lunar phases, and that's why some astrologers suggest that Cancer people should keep lunar calendars, that way they can note what happens to their emotions during what lunar phase.

Virgo..

I'm extra-virginal guy!

I'm a male Virgo too! :jess:

But Virgo doesn't necessarily mean some sort of prude/wimp in the sheets! :jokey:

Freya
03-19-2008, 08:37 AM
Wow you're imformative xD

Araciel
03-19-2008, 08:49 AM
But Virgo doesn't necessarily mean some sort of prude/wimp in the sheets! :jokey:

In my case it does QQ

Wolf Kanno
03-19-2008, 08:54 AM
Don't forget that the sex of a sign changes things as well. Male Cancers are very different from female Cancers. Males tend to be moody and withdrawn while females are overly emotional and suffer from wild mood swings. Generally speaking, females tend to have more of the positive aspects of a sign while males tend to bring out more of the negative side.

You should have done this with the darkside ;)

Aries: self centered babies
Taurus: Boring stick in the muds
Gemini: Used Car salesmen and other charlatans
Cancer: Emotional blackmailers and stalkers
Leo: Egomanical prima donnas
Virgo: Hypocritical rule nazis
Libra: Indecisive and lazy
Scorpio: Perverted Sociopaths
Sagittarius: Braindead muscle heads
Capricorn: Workaholic know-it-alls
Aquarius: Mentally deranged
Pisces: Gullible wimps

I'm a perverted sociopath thank you very much ;)

NeoCracker
03-19-2008, 09:07 AM
Okay, I can be really lazy yes.

But I'm not very indecisive. :(

Balzac
03-19-2008, 10:59 AM
I'm an aries.

Sarc the Swordsman
03-19-2008, 11:33 AM
I'm an Aries. Born on April 8th!

escobert
03-19-2008, 01:41 PM
c'mon and chill with the virgo!

Jings
03-19-2008, 01:42 PM
Taurus right here.

Fonzie
03-19-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm Virgo. Whatever that means.

I Am Stoner
03-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Taurus right here.

Captain Maxx Power
03-19-2008, 02:17 PM
If this was in EoEO I would go into great detail why Astrology is nonsense. But since this is GC...

...the real question is; What's yo' boggle?!

Rantz
03-19-2008, 02:23 PM
If this was in EoEO I would go into great detail why Astronomy is nonsense.

Astrology. ;) And I would have said, "I agree with the Cap'n."

Captain Maxx Power
03-19-2008, 02:35 PM
If this was in EoEO I would go into great detail why Astronomy is nonsense.

Astrology. ;) And I would have said, "I agree with the Cap'n."

Who says I said that? I've not just woken up and mistyped something in a sleepy haze. Lies! LIES!!!!!!111one

Aerith's Knight
03-19-2008, 03:21 PM
I have to be the voice of reason here that confirms that astrology is a whole bunch of crap made up every week by fat 35-yo virgins in their mother's basement.

Astrology 101

1. Be as vage as you can be, that way the suckers get pulled in.
2. try not to remind anyone that tens of millions of people are born on the same day, as then they would start to question whether it applies to them all, instead of just them.
3. try to make some money off of it when you can.
4. Will propably only work on females.

Dynast-Kid
03-19-2008, 04:25 PM
I have to be the voice of reason here that confirms that astrology is a whole bunch of crap made up every week by fat 35-yo virgins in their mother's basement.

Astrology 101

1. Be as vage as you can be, that way the suckers get pulled in.
2. try not to remind anyone that tens of millions of people are born on the same day, as then they would start to question whether it applies to them all, instead of just them.
3. try to make some money off of it when you can.
4. Will propably only work on females.

Well, what you're referring to is mainstream Sun Sign astrology.

Those horoscopes that you see in newspapers, and magazines and such are really just...awful. 99.9% of the astrological community completely disagree with those horopscopes found in mass-media publications. I don't know what their problem is, but those people do seem to have only money on their mind.

I believe in astrology because, personally, i've found most of it true. Not what I read in the newspaper, but when I actually researched astrology and learned what it's really about. Astrology is the oldest modern "science" (and I use the term loosely) in the world, so there must be some kind of truth behind it if it's been practiced for thousands of years. You can't write off astrology as being totally bogus until you at least give it a chance.

But hey, it's your beleifs, and no one's forcing you to believe it.

Madame Adequate
03-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Time to flex the old Sheldon.

I'm a Sagittarius, which probably tells you way more than you need to know.

Yes, it tells us that you participate in the mass cultural delusion that the sun's apparent posi<b></b>tion relative to arbitrarily defined constellations at the time of your birth somehow affects your personality.

Captain Maxx Power
03-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Astrology is the oldest modern "science" (and I use the term loosely) in the world, so there must be some kind of truth behind it if it's been practiced for thousands of years. You can't write off astrology as being totally bogus until you at least give it a chance.

I'm sorry but no, I'm NOT letting this one slide. The age of a given tradition (and it is a tradition, there's no peer reviewing going on in Astrology) has absolutely zero bearing on whether or not it has any worth whatsoever. There's a lot more to be said about the sciences behind Genetics than the pseudo-science of Astrology, and it's only a couple of decades old which is a child in comparison. Yet it's done a lot more for us than Astrology has in a millennia. You shouldn't even use the term loosely, you should just not use it at all. Astrology is a belief, just like Christianity or Judaism or Islam or Scientology or any number of unsubstantiated ideas and theories.

Aerith's Knight
03-19-2008, 04:39 PM
The problem I have with this is that people seem to think its a real science!

1. It has never been proven.
2. It is constantly proven wrong.
3. It has no actual scientific basis, other then people assigning solar positions to something(which they make up).

It blemishes the good name of science(as in physics). Astronomy is science.. Astrology.. is fortune telling and such..

fortune telling itself is impossible, as quantum physics tells us that you cant predict the future, just the propability of something happening.. and every person is different in character, so that would be one huge generalization.

edit: Hell yeah Capt. maxx power.. i agree.

Polaris
03-19-2008, 04:44 PM
Aww me is charming :D Indeed I am :jokey:

rubah
03-19-2008, 05:19 PM
this is all meaningless unless you're also consulting the planets and major near-by stars.

qwertysaur
03-19-2008, 06:45 PM
Leo.

Tallulah
03-19-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm Witty?

Dynast-Kid
03-19-2008, 07:08 PM
Astrology is the oldest modern "science" (and I use the term loosely) in the world, so there must be some kind of truth behind it if it's been practiced for thousands of years. You can't write off astrology as being totally bogus until you at least give it a chance.

I'm sorry but no, I'm NOT letting this one slide. The age of a given tradition (and it is a tradition, there's no peer reviewing going on in Astrology) has absolutely zero bearing on whether or not it has any worth whatsoever. There's a lot more to be said about the sciences behind Genetics than the pseudo-science of Astrology, and it's only a couple of decades old which is a child in comparison. Yet it's done a lot more for us than Astrology has in a millennia. You shouldn't even use the term loosely, you should just not use it at all. Astrology is a belief, just like Christianity or Judaism or Islam or Scientology or any number of unsubstantiated ideas and theories.

Darn you, Captain Maxx, darn you to Heck!

But yeah, you're right on those points. It's really all just a matter of belief and opinion. I'm just gonna bow out gracefully and wave the white flag!

But I still think astrology is true. :monster:

this is all meaningless unless you're also consulting the planets and major near-by stars.

Well, of course you have to consult the other planets! Astrology is meaningless without them!

I have my Sun in Virgo, but that doesn't tell you much if I don't tell you I have Sagittarius Rising, or Moon in Capricorn, or Venus in Leo, Mars in Libra, etc.

Shiny
03-19-2008, 07:16 PM
*insert lame generalization here* Leo

Dynast-Kid
03-19-2008, 07:19 PM
*insert lame generalization here* Leo

Lame!? Shiny, I thought all of you minority folks loved astrology. :grover:

Quindiana Jones
03-19-2008, 07:20 PM
A small part of me has died inside.

It was the last small part I had. :(

Dynast-Kid
03-19-2008, 07:35 PM
A small part of me has died inside.

It was the last small part I had. :(

Quinny! You should be proud of your Scorpio heritage!

Scorpios make the best lovers....:jokey:

Quindiana Jones
03-19-2008, 07:50 PM
I am proud of being Scorpio. It's totally the best sign. However, it has absolutely no importance to me, and it makes me sad that people believe it could.

Having said that, I am fantastic in bed, and a lot of the characteristics of a Scorpio go with me.

Araciel
03-19-2008, 07:53 PM

tee hee

Krelian
03-19-2008, 08:13 PM
I'm Capricorn, but hard-working makes me laugh XD I'm a lazy procrastinator.

LunarWeaver
03-19-2008, 08:21 PM
I am an Aries. Makes my pyrophilia easier to understand.

smittenkitten
03-19-2008, 08:27 PM
Me and Daniel are both Pisces. Your definetly right abotu dreamy, I'm always in my own little world. :p

NeoCracker
03-19-2008, 08:45 PM
I move we plow up Pluto and Venus just to fuck with the astrology nuts. :p

Faded Tears
03-19-2008, 10:05 PM
Scorpio. =)

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-19-2008, 10:10 PM
Sun: Leo
Moon: Cancer

Zeldy
03-20-2008, 12:49 AM
I'm a Gemini.

Leen-Leen
03-20-2008, 03:13 AM
I'm a "perfectionist virgo."

Heck yes I'm perfectionist D:

Blue Harvest
03-20-2008, 01:04 PM
Witty gemini? Since when have I been witty?

KentaRawr!
03-20-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm a Libra.

I'm also a monkey on the Chinese Zodiac.

Peace-Loving Monkey?

Breine
03-20-2008, 05:45 PM
Apparently I'm witty.. :hat:

oddler
03-21-2008, 01:28 AM
And to no surprise, there are no intellectuals on EoFF. :count:

Araciel
03-21-2008, 03:18 AM
And to no surprise, there are no intellectuals on EoFF. :count:

No u.

rubah
03-21-2008, 03:39 AM
Apparently EoFFer parents were the type to not get pregnant at Prom (no acquariuses)

But when college started up, YOWZERS!

Araciel
03-21-2008, 06:59 AM
My parents did it in Canadian mating season, winter. This is the season with the least natural heat, and so the most logical way to stay warm is via friction.

Brennan
03-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Capricorn (Hardworking? I think not) ;)

Quindiana Jones
03-21-2008, 05:21 PM
My parents did it in Canadian mating season, winter. This is the season with the least natural heat, and so the most logical way to stay warm is via friction.

Damn, that's hot.

Araciel
03-21-2008, 07:26 PM
I would show you some friction but mating season is over.

Quindiana Jones
03-21-2008, 07:28 PM
This is where someone should insert an animation of two lentils rubbing up against each other and say "lol, Pulp Friction". :(

aquatius
03-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Sensual Taurus ;)

scrumpleberry
03-22-2008, 12:07 AM
Virgo w Scorpio rising. That's all I know. What does it meeeeeean? I don't know. Many of the very precise things said about Virgos do apply to me uncannily, so I've sort of reserved judgement on astrology and just enjoy mucking around with it from time to time.

Cookie
03-22-2008, 01:31 AM
Virgo w Scorpio rising. That's all I know. What does it meeeeeean?

It's a Tekken move.

Anyway, Leo. Most of the things said about Leos apply to me because some old guys just picked a bunch of adjectives and coincidentally they're right.

Peegee
03-22-2008, 01:54 AM
I'm cheerful? :)

I'm cheerful like Leeza?

BardTard
03-22-2008, 07:39 AM
I AM NOT A PERFECTIONIST!

Aerith's Knight
03-22-2008, 08:07 AM
You like to work on simple problems and dislike subtleties of an intellectual-philosophical nature.

thats a smart way of saying i should be dumb..

myth busted!

CimminyCricket
03-22-2008, 08:50 AM
How the hell do you know your sign?

Ace14
03-22-2008, 12:02 PM
How the hell do you know your sign?

By your birth date...you don't know your zodiac sign?

Takara
03-22-2008, 02:06 PM
I'm Pisces.

Also, I'm amused by the fact no one voted for Aquarius yet.

Madame Adequate
03-22-2008, 02:35 PM
I'm Pisces.

Also, I'm amused by the fact no one voted for Aquarius yet.

Well, there might be some Aquariuses around, but there's no such thing as an intellectual Aquarius!

(am i doin it rite :monster:)

Takara
03-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Oh, I realise there are Aquarians around, just amused that none voted yet.

And most of the Aquarians I know are nerds. Except my mom, but she's on the Aquarius/Pisces cusp, so that may be why.

stalpho slayer
03-22-2008, 04:48 PM
i'm a pisces YAY!!!

Araciel
03-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Except my mom, but she's on the Aquarius/Pisces cusp, so that may be why.

The world of astrology is too complex for me to bother with :P

Quindiana Jones
03-22-2008, 08:37 PM
It might just be that her star sign has nothing to do with her personality.

I dunno. I'm just throwing it out there.

CimminyCricket
03-22-2008, 09:43 PM
I never really cared about my Zodiac sign. xD