PDA

View Full Version : FFTA2 Gets NA release date!!

EagleDelta1
03-19-2008, 08:47 PM
IGN.com is reporting that FFTA2: Grimoire of the Rift is set for release in North America on June 24th, 2008

see that link below for the full story:

IGN Advertisement (http://ds.ign.com/articles/860/860776p1.html)

Flying Mullet
03-19-2008, 08:56 PM
Square-Enix's site has the same date listed:

FINAL FANTASY TACTICS® A2: Grimoire of the Rift™ | SQUARE ENIX (http://na.square-enix.com/ffta2/)

Crossblades
03-19-2008, 10:11 PM
This was sorta mentioned already

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-tactics/115370-ebgames-now-offering-pre-orders-ffta2.html

Roto13
03-20-2008, 02:01 AM
Too bad it's not for another three months. :P

EagleDelta1
03-20-2008, 07:58 PM
This was sorta mentioned already

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fantasy-tactics/115370-ebgames-now-offering-pre-orders-ffta2.html

Yeah, but this confirms it from the source - that was nothing more than a rumor. I've seen EBGames/Gamestop be wrong before(i.e. Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix+)

Yar
03-21-2008, 04:29 AM
Oh! It's for DS! I thought it was for PSP. Maybe I'll check it out.

Laddy
03-21-2008, 06:20 AM
I might give it a try, the last FFTA wasn't half bad.

Bolivar
03-21-2008, 09:33 PM
can't wait for the full english site...hearing the FFTA intro music updated was cool

Dragonsoul
03-24-2008, 10:56 PM
Bolivar, I'm getting the game the day it comes out, I'm excited!

I am concerned about the game coming out in June, which along with July is part of the summer off-season. Maybe the game isn't as good as expected or they expect it not to sell enough, or maybe Square Enix has a bunch of games coming out before and after this and this is a good spot for it to come out in.

I'm busy with Final Fantasy Tactics(PSP), then I'll play Alundra 1(1998 ps 1 action rpg), then FF Tactics A2. At the same time I'm playing Warcraft 3, it's expansion pack, some custom scenarios, and some online playing. I've cut down the number of games I will be playing, which is why I'm not playing Lost Odyssey and FF VII: Crisis Core.

I hope FF T A2 is great! I wish I had more access to Japanese reviews, besides just seeing a Famitsu score.

Bolivar
03-25-2008, 06:05 AM
^ speaking of June-games, MGS4 is probably going to kill any serious time I would devote to FFTA2. It'll be lucky to just be my travel-game.

Roogle
03-25-2008, 05:32 PM
Bolivar, I'm getting the game the day it comes out, I'm excited!

I am concerned about the game coming out in June, which along with July is part of the summer off-season. Maybe the game isn't as good as expected or they expect it not to sell enough, or maybe Square Enix has a bunch of games coming out before and after this and this is a good spot for it to come out in.

I do not think that this game will sell very well. It has a brand term in its title, so it will meet expectations, but I do not think that it will become a best seller or anything like that. I wonder if they will have a marketing campaign for this title with commercials like they did for Final Fantasy Tactics Advance?

I hope FF T A2 is great! I wish I had more access to Japanese reviews, besides just seeing a Famitsu score.

What was its Famitsu score?

Crossblades
03-25-2008, 08:46 PM
What was its Famitsu score?

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FFTA2)

The Japanese version of the game has received a mix of criticism and approval from the Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu. Approving an overall score of 34 (out of 40), Famitsu comments on the wide variety of missions, jobs and skills that are available to the player. The magazine also indicated that fans would be pleased on the ability to customize characters. On the downside, Famitsu was not pleased on the camera issue, which retained the Final Fantasy Tactics Advance viewpoint. This hinders the player from tracking down the location of characters during battle, especially when there are a large number of units standing side-by-side in the playfield. Famitsu also criticized the story, which according to the reviewers was poorly developed.

Dragonsoul
03-26-2008, 08:22 AM
^ speaking of June-games, MGS4 is probably going to kill any serious time I would devote to FFTA2. It'll be lucky to just be my travel-game.

Gah! I've only played MGS 1 and it was amazing, I still remember that it had one of the best final boss battles ever, along with Final Fantasy VI and others including ...drum roll... FINAL FANTASY XII: REVENANT WINGS!!! I am buying a Playstation 3 for Final Fantasy XIII but I wonder if I can get it earlier.

Roogle, this game should be pretty popular but not a blockbuster. It's Famitsu score is 34/40. I hope it's not overlooked, like Front Mission 1 for Nintendo DS was last Fall.

Tactical/Real-Time Strategy rpg's from Fall 07 and Spring 08
8-14 DS Heroes of Mana
8-14 DS Luminous Arc
8-14 PSP Dungeons & Dragons Tactics
!8-21 PSP Jeanne D'Arc
9-18 PS 2 Growlanser: Heritage of War
9-25 PS 2 Soul Nomad & The World Eaters
!10-9 PSP Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
10-23 DS Front Mission
10-30 PSP Disgaea
!11-5 Wii Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
!11-20 DS Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
3-11 PSP Wild Arms XF
4-15 DS Rondo of Swords
5-13 DS Drone Tactics
!6-24 DS Final Fantasy Tactics A2: The Sealed Grimoire

A ! before the date means the game is a more important one. Also, it should be noted that Front Mission is a great game, I wish it was more popular, it's a 9/10 score from me, I may buy it again and beat it if I had the time/money. I beat FF XII: RW and am beating FF T and will beat FF T A2. I need to rent Jeanne D'Arc, see how it is.
Release Dates (http://www.rpgamer.com/games/release.cgi)

In Usa it's highly unlikely that FF T A2 gets commercials. I hope it's June release stems from just a delay in localizing it and not from an expectation that the game isn't good enough. Also, when is ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat, a Mistwalker tactical rpg for DS, coming out? Must be June/July for that one also.

DS and PSP have the most tactical and rts rpg's from Fall 07/Spring 08. DS has 7 and PSP has 5, although I included FF T A2 even though it's coming out in June 24 2008. PS 2 has 2 games and Wii has one game. Interesting that tactical/rts rpg's have moved to handhelds mainly! :D

Skyblade
03-26-2008, 01:33 PM
In Usa it's highly unlikely that FF T A2 gets commercials.

This is a good thing. Do you not remember the commercial for FFTA?

Anyway, looking forward to this game finally coming out. I just hope they don't over do the linking/trading aspect, I don't know anyone else with a DS.

Roogle
03-26-2008, 04:36 PM
The Nintendo DS and the Playstation Portable have been very good to strategy role-playing games. I hope that Square Enix is able to market the game in a way that will allow it to sell moderately well. I do not think it will exceed any estimates or expectations, though, as it is more of the standard fare brought in with Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

Bolivar
03-27-2008, 04:17 AM
I think we'll see a commercial, don't quote me on it though. I think it'll do a little better than FFTA considering advance does have somewhat of a cult following.

Dragonsoul
04-11-2008, 09:19 AM
I've been waiting a long time for this game, I want it now!

There are always great games on the horizon(like FF T A2, FF XIII, FF V XIII, and Starcraft 2) plus old great games I haven't beaten yet(Xenogears, Chrono Cross, Tactics Ogre, Vagrant Story). I wish there was more time for these games!

By the way, FF IV for Nintendo DS was announced to come out on July 22nd~!! I've beaten it for Snes before it was great! I may beat this new version but I'd like to beat FF I-III remakes first.

MarkaDarkas
05-15-2008, 04:19 AM
I cant wait for this game ^-^. I loved FFT for PS and PSP as well as FFTA. Im excited about playing the choco knight..sounds fun :P. Def gonna get it the day it comes out!

Muhyo
05-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Oh wow! FFTA2! Great great! I love FFTA. One of the best hendheld games of all time in my opinion! (even though the plot was a little... boring.)