PDA

View Full Version : Apparently, a "Big" Game will be unveiled for the Wii at E3.

KentaRawr!
03-21-2008, 12:30 AM
Article (http://kotaku.com/368326/reggie-teases-nintendos-big-holiday-game-will-be-revealed-at-e3)

Reggie Teases Nintendo's "Big" Holiday Game Will Be Revealed At E3

Looking forward to some new Nintendo announcements? Might want to hold tight until about July, according to Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime. He tells Geoff Keighley on the newest GameTrailers TV that the company will be announcing the second half of '08's line-up at E3. What's on tap? Mostly misdirection and fanboy teasing, it sounds like.

When asked if the orchestra conductor demo from E3 2006 would make an appearance, Reggie said "Who knows? Maybe that's one of the things we'll talk about at E3." He similarly dodged a Donkey Kong Wii question.

Fils-Aime said that Nintendo's post-E3 releases will be "maximizing all of our key franchises," teasing something the hardcore userbase will be frothing over. F-Zero? Pilotwings? Something Zelda-related? What is it?!

Reggie was cagey. "There's gonna be a big game for the holiday that the gamers will want," he said. "All I can tell you is what we announce during E3 is gonna be fantastic. The gamer is gonna be excited and the expanded audience is gonna be excited."

Who wants to start making some educated guesses? I've got a rupee on Kid Icarus. Wait, scratch that. Tingle Prime.

Here's the video the article is referencing. (http://www.gametrailers.com/gametrailerstv_player.php?ep=11) The bit of the video this references is in the 3rd bar, so click on that for what you're looking for.

:monster: And there we go.

Not exactly much to discuss but guesses on what this allegedly "big" game will be...

Anyway, discuss now or else.

Roto13
03-21-2008, 12:32 AM
More like a big game will be revealed for a Holiday release, then delayed indefinitely.

ljkkjlcm9
03-21-2008, 01:12 AM
Well, if we want to go off their big franchises...
F-zero, a Mario sports game, Star Fox, Kirby, Donkey Kong

but if I wanted to be surprised, I'd say something like, Golden Sun or Earthbound or something

THE JACKEL

leader of mortals
03-21-2008, 01:29 AM
Maybe a remake of a really popular game?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-21-2008, 01:37 AM
They're Nintendo, not Square Enix.

leader of mortals
03-21-2008, 01:39 AM

oh yeah thats right:p

Marshall Banana
03-21-2008, 02:52 AM
Super Bowser: Toad Genocide!

Skyblade
03-21-2008, 03:09 AM
but if I wanted to be surprised, I'd say something like, Golden Sun

Don't get my hopes up.

XxSephirothxX
03-21-2008, 03:11 AM
You've got a good three months to get hyped for it before they're crushed.

I'm guessing it'll be something cool but not amazing. Best I'm hoping for is a new Pikmin; it's too early for the next Zelda.

Roto13
03-21-2008, 03:58 AM
Maybe Animal Crossing?

Madame Adequate
03-21-2008, 04:02 AM

Yeah, when Nintendo do it they call it a sequel.

XxSephirothxX
03-21-2008, 04:03 AM
Maybe Animal Crossing?
The rumored MMO-esque Animal Crossing would certainly fit the bill as something that would appeal to both crowds.

Dreddz
03-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Big games will be unveiled for all consoles this E3. Your point?

Raebus
03-21-2008, 02:16 PM
RAWH. I AM ON THE OFFENSIVE BECAUSE A WII THREAD WAS MADE. RAWH

Captain Maxx Power
03-21-2008, 02:24 PM

Absolutely. No, they'll just rehash the same basic ideas from the 80's again.

KentaRawr!
03-21-2008, 03:59 PM

RAWH. I AM ON THE OFFENSIVE BECAUSE DREDDZ SAID A SMALL, SLIGHTLY OFFENSIVE COMMENT THAT I PERCEIVED TO BE HIM BEING ON THE OFFENSIVE WHEN IN TRUTH IT WAS NOTHING AT ALL, AND I'D LIKELY BE BETTER OFF IGNORING SAID COMMENT. RAWH.

:monster:

Old Manus
03-21-2008, 04:42 PM
I agree with Dreddz. The whole point of E3 is that big games are unveiled :monster:

Raebus
03-21-2008, 04:56 PM

RAWH. I AM ON THE OFFENSIVE BECAUSE DREDDZ SAID A SMALL, SLIGHTLY OFFENSIVE COMMENT THAT I PERCEIVED TO BE HIM BEING ON THE OFFENSIVE WHEN IN TRUTH IT WAS NOTHING AT ALL, AND I'D LIKELY BE BETTER OFF IGNORING SAID COMMENT. RAWH.

RAWH. I AM IN AGREEMENT YET DREDDZ SAW THE THREAD TITLE AND COULD HAVE NOT POSTED A COMMENT WHICH WAS BOUND TO GET ATTENTION. RAWH

Roto13
03-21-2008, 06:19 PM
I agree with dreddz, raebus, kentarou, manus, and raebus again. xP

KentaRawr!
03-21-2008, 06:37 PM

RAWH. I AM IN AGREEMENT YET DREDDZ SAW THE THREAD TITLE AND COULD HAVE NOT POSTED A COMMENT WHICH WAS BOUND TO GET ATTENTION. RAWH

RAWH. CAN'T DISAGREE THERE. RAWH.

Old Manus
03-21-2008, 06:52 PM
Thread is now full of fail and AIDS. Way to go, guys.

Quindiana Jones
03-21-2008, 07:18 PM
In case you're wondering, the "fail" Manus speaks of is the RAWH-ers. The "AIDS" is Manus himself.

That isn't a jab at the RAWH-ers, though. I just really wanted to say Manus has AIDS.

Bolivar
03-21-2008, 08:06 PM
I won't be getting a wii anytime soon, or for the next few years for that matter, but I would like them to make the full-fledged next installment in the main Mario series, as all we've seen since Mario 64 have been spinoffs and odd tales of custodial mishap.

Roto13
03-21-2008, 08:09 PM
... Super Mario Galaxy came out like a few months ago. >_>

KentaRawr!
03-21-2008, 08:10 PM
I won't be getting a wii anytime soon, or for the next few years for that matter, but I would like them to make the full-fledged next installment in the main Mario series, as all we've seen since Mario 64 have been spinoffs and odd tales of custodial mishap.

Mario has always been about custodial mishaps. What are you talking about?

Bolivar
03-21-2008, 08:14 PM
Um, I thought it was obvious from my word choice... When I said "full fledged" I meant the next in the line of:

Super Mario Bros. -> SMB2 -> SMB3 -> Super Mario World -> Mario 64 -> new mario game.

I'm talkin about classic mario, not travelling through space, and definately not switching career choices from a plumber to a janitor (hence custodial).

KentaRawr!
03-21-2008, 08:16 PM
Both Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy follow the exact same gameplay formula of Mario 64. >_>

Raebus
03-21-2008, 08:23 PM
Oh well, Super Mario Galaxy is still a brilliant game.

Bolivar
03-21-2008, 08:24 PM
*sigh* never mind...

Roto13
03-21-2008, 08:29 PM
So because Mario Galaxy isn't the exact same thing as Super Mario 64, it's not a full-fledged Mario game?

XxSephirothxX
03-21-2008, 08:29 PM
If Mario Galaxy or New Super Mario Bros. do not satisfy your desire for a full-fledged sequel to Mario with classic Mario design and gameplay, then you either haven't played enough Mario or there's just something wrong in your head.

Raebus
03-21-2008, 08:31 PM
What matters is what we think, not what anyone else thinks. ^______^

Personal opinion etc

KentaRawr!
03-21-2008, 08:33 PM
It's of no matter. Let's just get back to the topic at hand; Nintendo's E3 this year.

LunarWeaver
03-21-2008, 08:38 PM
I will pray to Santa for A Boy and His Blob 3.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-21-2008, 08:42 PM
A Boy and His Blob isn't even a Nintendo property.

I Took the Red Pill
03-21-2008, 08:43 PM
Pikmin 3 would be the fucking zenith.

LunarWeaver
03-21-2008, 08:44 PM
A Boy and His Blob isn't even a Nintendo property.

D: How depressing.

Raebus
03-21-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm hoping for animal crossing!

XxSephirothxX
03-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Pikmin 3 would be the smurfing zenith.
Given how well it would work with the Wiimote, it's rather upsetting there isn't a Pikmin 3 out already.

I Took the Red Pill
03-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Not to mention the possibility of Pikmin Wars via WiFi.

Bolivar
03-21-2008, 08:58 PM
So because Mario Galaxy isn't the exact same thing as Super Mario 64, it's not a full-fledged Mario game?

^Is this really necessary? Where did I say "exactly"? and for what reason would you assume I only meant SM64 when I suggested other games? (<- These are rhetorical questions, by the way...)

And Azar, I'm not sure if you noticed, but New Super Mario Bros. actually recycled alot of old maps and segments from older titles.

I personally see Mario galaxy, sunshine, the slew of games that have come out since SM64 as spinoffs. I apologize if anyone is offended that I could hold such an opinion, the only advice I can give is to grow up. I'm not going to argue with someone over the taxonomy of the Mario franchise :rolleyes2

Oh, and thanks Raebus.

Roto13
03-21-2008, 09:02 PM
Well, you're wrong, and if you're going to get all pissy whenever you're told you're wrong, you might want to get the hell off the internet.

KentaRawr!
03-21-2008, 09:04 PM
This is ridiculous. :(

ljkkjlcm9
03-21-2008, 09:07 PM
The Internets are serious business!

THE JACKEL

Raebus
03-21-2008, 09:08 PM
More peace please!

We each have our own opinion and think differently. We can't all agree on something at times so it's best just to let it go.

Old Manus
03-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Well, you're wrong, and if you're going to get all pissy whenever you're told you're wrong, you might want to get the hell off the internet.ITT irony

Goldenboko
03-21-2008, 09:34 PM
Maybe Animal Crossing?

I wish.

KentaRawr!
03-21-2008, 09:35 PM
I'm now going to ignore any of that happened, and pretend that what he REALLY said was that he believes it's time for a new Mario game. This is the post right after that.

I disagree that it's time for a new Mario game, as Nintendo seems to regard Mario Galaxy as the Mario game of the system (not including sports titles), and will want to focus on another franchise.

Crossblades
03-22-2008, 05:43 PM
And Azar, I'm not sure if you noticed, but New Super Mario Bros. actually recycled alot of old maps and segments from older titles.

Recycled maps? All those stages were brand new. None of those stages were from older titles >.>

I disagree that it's time for a new Mario game, as Nintendo seems to regard Mario Galaxy as the Mario game of the system (not including sports titles), and will want to focus on another franchise.

I seriously hope we get a Wii Golden Sun game.

Roto13
03-22-2008, 06:00 PM
I kind of hope Golden Sun ends up on the DS. Especially since they could use your GS2 clear data for something that way. :P

Raebus
03-22-2008, 06:02 PM
The Golden Sun games were most suited to the hand held systems, so I'm hoping for a Golden Sun on the DS.

KentaRawr!
03-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Golden Sun was a game I always played at home, so a Wii version wouldn't bother me much. :p

Shoeberto
03-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Could be a new Kid Icarus with the revived interest in Pit.

No idea how they'd update it, but it'd be pretty big, reviving a franchise after so long.
(though I guess an updated Ice Climbers didn't come out of them being in Melee, so I could be wrong)

Golden Sun 3 seems likely as well, along with a new Animal Crossing that really takes advantage of WFC (maybe more of an MMO style AC or something)

Crossblades
03-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Golden Sun was a game I always played at home, so a Wii version wouldn't bother me much. :p

Game Boy Player for life =)

*hugs Game Boy Player*

Roogle
03-24-2008, 06:32 PM
I wonder what high-selling Nintendo franchise could have a new title on the Wii? Maybe it's a new Zelda game? How long was the gap between the release of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask?

KentaRawr!
03-24-2008, 06:35 PM
I wonder what high-selling Nintendo franchise could have a new title on the Wii? Maybe it's a new Zelda game? How long was the gap between the release of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask?

Three years, if I remember right, but Majora's Mask had only been developed for about 1 year.

Speaking of Zelda, I've heard that a new Zelda game has been in development for a long time now. I'll go google that to confirm.

Edit: Aha! Here. (http://www.n-philes.com/index.php?id=3190) And also, this. (http://gamernode.com/News/3289-E3-07-The-Director-Phantom-Hourglass-and-Zeldas-Future/index.html)

rubah
03-24-2008, 09:56 PM
well, did they say it was specifically a nintendo franchise?

I'm just thinking about the following equation:
http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/115703-leaked-pictures-new-sonic-game.html + http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/115664-apparently-big-game-will-unveiled-wii-e3.html
== ????????????????

Roto13
03-24-2008, 10:00 PM
Sonic doesn't count as big any more, sadly. xP

ljkkjlcm9
03-24-2008, 11:26 PM
well they said something about all their main franchises, and we haven't had a classic Donkey Kong country or Donkey Kong 64 style game in awhile

or maybe we'll be getting a new Earthbound, that'd be pretty epic

THE JACKEL

Roto13
03-24-2008, 11:38 PM
I certainly hope it's not a new Donkey Kong game. I hate that crap. Rare ruined the whole franchise, so unless they're planning to kill the entire Kong family and start over, the fewer DK games the better.

ljkkjlcm9
03-24-2008, 11:57 PM
I certainly hope it's not a new Donkey Kong game. I hate that crap. Rare ruined the whole franchise, so unless they're planning to kill the entire Kong family and start over, the fewer DK games the better.

Well, considering there is no more Rare, I'm hoping for a game with just Diddy and Donkey Kong versus King K. Rool. There's really no need for much else. 3-d but 2-d, classic side scroller or something.

THE JACKEL

KentaRawr!
03-25-2008, 12:21 AM

You've got to play Jungle Beat.

YOU MUST.

Crossblades
03-25-2008, 02:15 AM

You've got to play Jungle Beat.

YOU MUST.

Jungle Beat is pretty fun. I've played it a while back. Maybe I should get it

A new Donkey Kong game would be sweet. I loved the Donkey Kong Country games. And as already mentioned, a new Earthbound game would be epic. But I still want my Wii Golden Sun =(