PDA

View Full Version : WiiWare games in Spring. Yay!

KentaRawr!
03-21-2008, 04:26 AM
Just look in your Wii Message Board mail about that Wii Shop Channel update. It says so. :p

I've heard a bit about a couple of WiiWare games, specifically Lost Winds and Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles, My Life as a King, or something along those lines...

Lost Winds is supposed to be pretty interesting from what I hear. The idea is that you're controlling two entities at once: The Wind, and the Brown Haired guy I sadly forget the name of. The Wii Remote is the wind, and the Nunchuk Attachment is the Brown Haired guy. Wind, obviously, is a big part of the game, and you have to use it to your advantage in each stage. Here (http://wii.ign.com/articles/853/853353p1.html)'s a link to IGN's first look from GDC.

The other I immediately thought of a few seconds ago, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King follows the story of a young boy whom inherits the kingdom from his supposedly dead father. I've not really read up on the story, but that's what I gathered from the English Trailer (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/31167.html). From what I gather, it's a Sim type game, in which you must construct the kingdom. But I honestly have no idea what I'm talking about, so I'm going to read up on how the game works really quick.

It seems like I was correct. There is a set story, but through it, you are creating a town. The idea is that rather than being one of the heroes of the story, you're one of the not so important characters, I.E., the King. The guy that gave you that awesomesauce bridge. You create buildings with magic. :p

According to IGN as of March 10th, these 9 games will be available to download in Japan in 5 days, on March 25th.

Okiraku Ping Pong
Arc System Works
500 Wii Points

Kotoba no Puzzle Mojipittan Wii
Bandai Namco Games
1,000 Wii Points

Saku Saku Animal Panic
Konami Digital Entertainment
1,000 Wii Points

Star Soldier R
Hudson
800 Wii Points

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My life as a King
Square Enix
1,500 Wii Points

Tenshi no Solitaire
G-Mode
500 Wii Points

Dr. Mario & Saikin Bokumetsu
Nintendo
1,000 Wii Points

Pokemon Ranch
Nintendo
1,000 Wii Points

LONPOS
Genki
1,000 Wii Points

And there we go. :monster:

It's good to see Nintendo allow developers to release new games through their Wii Shop Channel, rather than buy the ability to use their older games and put them on whenever they feel good and ready. The fact that Square is releasing a game for it so early is good, at least. But it seems that if these games become popular, the Wii's little amount of space will be a problem.

Roto13
03-21-2008, 04:43 AM
My Life as King is interesting, but I'm not paying $15 for it.

Skyblade
03-21-2008, 04:43 AM
I wonder how much character development the Wind will have. Will there be a love interest?

Momiji
03-21-2008, 04:46 AM
Dr. Mario & Saikin Bokumetsu
Nintendo
1,000 Wii Points

WIN.

Any word on when the US gets this?

Roto13
03-21-2008, 04:54 AM
May for America, I think. And I believe Europe gets it *gasp* earlier!

KentaRawr!
03-22-2008, 04:51 PM
May for America, I think. And I believe Europe gets it *gasp* earlier!

Same with Mario Kart and Wii Fit. I think Nintendo should have switched Brawl and Mario Kart's release dates for Europe, personally. :p

About WiiWare, though, I wonder if older games, if not released on the Virtual Console, or not supported by it, will be allowed to be released on the WiiWare section instead. I've heard that WiiWare is supposed to be different from the VC in that developers are more free to put their own games up on there, and just have to get quick approval from Nintendo.

I doubt it, honestly, but it would be cool if they did that.

Roto13
03-22-2008, 06:03 PM
I think Nintendo is trying to separate the old games from the new ones with Wii Ware. The Xbox Live Arcade is saturated with ports of old games and the new ones kind of get lost in there. xP