PDA

View Full Version : more X and 7 connections...

Marky Tee
03-21-2008, 08:32 AM
dunno if this has been discussed but...
given all the theorises about how the gullwings travelled from spir to gaia at some point thousannds of years ago
this seems to me very similar to what genova did 2 thousnad years prior to the game and what sephiroth tries to do but gets his ass kicked
anyone think its possible that genova coulda came from spira?
possibly genova was a sinspawn or something?
probably a lot of holes in this but i think it would be pretty cool if it was the case

Avarice-ness
03-21-2008, 02:53 PM
I've never heard of the theory.

And due to the (little) information you've given, it seems -highly- unlikely.

Raebus
03-21-2008, 02:55 PM
Tidus is related to cloud. I mean, they have blonde hair!

Clawsze
03-21-2008, 03:04 PM
Tidus is related to cloud. I mean, they have blonde hair!

No, because in the original tech-demo, Tidus had BLACK HAIR!!!!!He obviously dyed it so he didn't look like a freak.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-21-2008, 03:27 PM
I've never heard of the theory.

And due to the (little) information you've given, it seems -highly- unlikely.Nojima, the scenario writer for both FFVII and FFX-2, has stated that he regards the latter as a kind of distant prequel to the former. That a character named Shinra becomes fascinated by the idea of harnessing life energy was deliberately intended as a connection to the Shin-Ra Electric Power Company and their Mako reactors.

But, being that this is very dumb, most of us agree to ignore it.

Marky Tee
03-21-2008, 05:27 PM
you cant realy ignore it if the writers say its part of the story though

Wolf Kanno
03-21-2008, 05:46 PM
You can if the idea is stupid enough...

Roto13
03-21-2008, 06:23 PM
Pretty bad when an idea is so stupid that even when the actual scenario designer creates it, nobody believes it. Way to fail, Nomija.

BG-57
03-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Kind of the gaming equivalent of Star Trek V. :eep:

It's one thing to show a connection between worlds in two different games if thought has been put into integrating the design of the second world to reflect the first. A single name and a throwaway line aren't enough.

I'd put in in the same category as Cloud's swords appearing in FFVIII and FFIX: a cute cameo.

Skyblade
03-21-2008, 11:22 PM
I'd put in in the same category as Cloud's swords appearing in FFVIII and FFIX: a cute cameo.

And FFTA.

Totally agree. Minor cameo, nothing else.

Marky Tee
03-22-2008, 10:26 AM
yea i suppose your all right there its pretty weak to be a proper connection
would have been cool if they had put a bit more thougt or effort into makin it a strong link

ach welll

EDIT- when did clouds sword appear in ff8?

Takara
03-22-2008, 03:20 PM
EDIT- when did clouds sword appear in ff8?

Ultima Weapon was carrying it.

BG-57
03-22-2008, 03:22 PM
If they really wanted to link VII and X, they should have established that in the design of Spira.

Not that linking them would've been such a great idea. You get to see most of the Planet in FFVII, so there's not many new areas to explore in the sequels. Linking games is easier if you simply explore a part of the world in each game. Like the Ivalice games or the Suikoden series.

EDIT: Takara beat me to it. :greenie:

Roto13
03-22-2008, 03:41 PM
Linking games is easier if you simply explore a part of the world in each game. Like the Ivalice games or the Suikoden series.

Pokemon popped into my head. xP

Marky Tee
03-23-2008, 10:55 AM
feck how could i forget ultima weapon
im actualy traing my team in the deapsea deposit now haha
they proabably didnt know they were gonna link the 2 games( 7 and 10) until they done x2 anyway so thats probs where the crappyness comes from

If they really wanted to link VII and X, they should have established that in the design of Spira

this is exactly why i believe ff8 and ff3 are set on the same planet

BG-57
03-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Haven't played FFIII. What led you to conclude this?

Marky Tee
03-23-2008, 01:26 PM
firstly i read this Inter-Game Connections - The Final Fantasy Wiki has more Final Fantasy information than Cid could research (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Inter-Game_Connections)

then i bought fina fantasy 3 and the world map appears to me almost exactly the same
small changes but that could be due to continental drift or somethin

plus everything the game tutorial says about the old dollet empire reminds me of the dominant kingdom in ff3 Saronia which is also at the same location dollet would be
you would have to have played ff3 to notice this connection tho lol