PDA

View Full Version : Provoking Ghosts

DamselFly
03-23-2008, 04:22 AM
I'm a huge disbeliever in ghosts so I decided to test a whole bunch of ways to "annoy" them. So I started looking up google and youtube for anything that would tell me how to entice or provoke ghosts, but I can't find anything. Anyone here have any suggestions. Right now I'm at home and its late, so if you could find or post something that I can easily do without going anywhere, it would be appreciated, but post anything, even if its' something I'd have to do elsewhere. And yes, I know this probably sounds extremely stupid, but I'm sick and tired of people claiming they've photographed and/or seen ghosts. So if I do decide to document these experiments with a camera, then I'll have something to shove in their faces.( sorry to anyone that actually believes in ghosts.)

Araciel
03-23-2008, 04:25 AM
Actually, you'll have nothing to shove in their faces, which would prove you right.

Tavrobel
03-23-2008, 04:38 AM
If there is a particular spirit for whom you would enjoy calling, perhaps it might be an idea to have something of value to them during their lifetime. Or you can do things old-school and do crystal meth. I heard that works. Any hallucinogen, really.

Aerith's Knight
03-23-2008, 04:56 AM
I dont care what you do in your own home, but ill give you one piece of advice, even if you are an athiest(prob at least).

Do not, under any circumstance, ask when you are going to die in occult practices. Because that would literally be placing your life in the hands of whoever you ask.

DamselFly
03-23-2008, 05:24 AM
That sounds like a challenge, XD. I might actually try that now.

Aerith's Knight
03-23-2008, 05:33 AM
*sigh* well, thats was sort of the opposite effect i was going for. Dont blame me though if it turns out bad.

Madame Adequate
03-23-2008, 05:34 AM
Dig up some graves, urinate on the corpses, bury them again upside down, preferably in different plots, and better yet if you can do it so corpses end up under the headstones of a religion they weren't from.

If that doesn't tick off some spirits, nothing will!

Psychotic
03-23-2008, 05:36 AM
Tell them you had sex with their mothers.

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-23-2008, 05:41 AM
This is all assuming that you can take a picture of a ghost with a normal camera, which I think you can't. Anyways, if you see no ghosts then you cannot take pictures. Which puts you back to square one. But if you see a ghost and take its picture yet nothing appears on film, then you seen a ghost with your own eyes but have no proof. So this whole thing kinda seems sadly pointless.

There are probably many ways you can achieve this but I tend to respect the dead. I actually have a few ideas in which you could try but I am not going to say them, since I do believe in ghost. I say do not mess with them since you will be asking for more than you can handle. Then again, maybe I am crazy. :/

DamselFly
03-23-2008, 05:55 AM
If I said, pretty pretty please leviathan, would you tell me?

Cookie
03-23-2008, 05:57 AM
Sing the Ghostbusters theme in a haunted house or some :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Arc_Master_14
03-23-2008, 06:05 AM
I dont believe in ghosts only LSD so my idea is take the ashes of any family member pour there ashes in a potting pot and grow weed in it and once you smoke them *poof* they appear then do what u will if and when if doesn't work cuz either way you have weed

blackmage_nuke
03-23-2008, 09:20 AM
Nothing you do will be good enough proof, its only going to prove that ghosts didnt apear to you. People are just gonna think your an idiot for wasting your time. I personally already think you're a nutcase

Ouch!
03-23-2008, 09:30 AM
Your name haunts me with memories of the Valkurm Dunes. ; ;

Markus. D
03-23-2008, 12:26 PM

LOL!

Also... do what you want... but be careful okay... ._.;

Bakamut
03-23-2008, 12:50 PM
I'm not religious but I believe ghosts exist. I don't know if they are the actual dead or memories of people or things. It's a confusing subject. I lived in a house that was haunted by a man who looked like he was in his 20s, and a cat. Everybody in that house saw them. I'd see him through the corner of my eye and turn around and no one would be there. This happened regularly. They both lived in my friends' room, and both of those friends said that they would see him step over beer bottles at night. And no I don't think it was cause we were stoned 24/7. I think my cat also saw them. Cats are pretty in-tune with their surroundings. He'd do odd random things, like hiss at nothing.

There's a town my friend and his mum lived in a few years ago, it's an old mining town and it's literally a ghost town. Everybody in that town has stories of ghosts. There's a graveyard there that has a tombstone that is cursed. If you stand over it or on it, you will be cursed. Well, there was one smart ass who didn't believe it and had photos taken of him lying down on the grave. The next day, he died of a heart attack and when the photos were developed he was missing from the pictures. TRUE STORY.

My friend went to an old abandoned psychiactric hospital once to explore at night and he swore the place was haunted.

My mum used to work as a nurse in a hospital. One night she heard the sound of the typewriter in the office, even though the light was off. She went into the office and turned on the light and no one was there. Then when she turned off the light and left the room she heard the typewriter again.

A couple of friends of mine lived in a house that everything always went wrong. One of them saw a man who looked burned and bloody and he was NOT a nice guy. On her 18th party (I was there) a friend came in and said, "There's a guy here who was burned to death. He's not happy." Things always went wrong in that house. Arguments, fights, there was a lot of tension.

Then there's the haunted house near the docks in a suburb called Williamstown that's quite famous. Story has it that in WWII, a man went off to war and his wife longed for his return but he never came home. This house is abandoned, but at night you can see a light in there (There's no power to the place) and a woman. A couple of friends were thinking of squatting there but when they saw her, they were like, "fuck this" and turned tail. A couple of people have told me they've seen this and they don't know each other at all, (one told me on Friday and the other told me 7 or 8 years ago). They have no connection to each other. Like I said it's quite a famous place.

On my parents' honeymoon, my dad woke up and said to my mum, "Robert (her brother who was dying of AIDS) was here. He told me to look after you, Annie." The next day, they get a call from the hospital saying that Robert passed away that night at roughly the same time that Dad woke up.

And those are just a few ghost stories. I've heard others but I can't be bothered typing them. Anyway, to provoke ghosts, I think you should try the ouigi board thing. I don't know if it works or anything but it's worth a try if you REALLY want to provoke ghosts.

Montoya
03-23-2008, 05:16 PM
I don't believe in ghosts either. Seen and experienced pretty freaky stuff, but nothing that cannot be explained. Will never forget the times I've had sleep paralysis. :p

Just ask people where are there haunted places where you live. Every town and city has them and then go there with somebody that really believes in them. Have a good time.

Faded Tears
03-23-2008, 05:28 PM
I dont care what you do in your own home, but ill give you one piece of advice, even if you are an athiest(prob at least).

Do not, under any circumstance, ask when you are going to die in occult practices. Because that would literally be placing your life in the hands of whoever you ask.

Have you tried this?
And I know I am about to sound a bit absent minded. But what exactly is an occult practice?

smittenkitten
03-23-2008, 07:42 PM
I don't believe in ghosts I belive something else. Let's just call them spirits. Me and my friends were in the graveyard just having a laugh as you do. It was about midnight and I was recording my friend her phone. So we were doing silly things like making faces and acting out. Then we hear the loud bang... we looked at each other and got up. We started to go home since it was late, once we got there she looked at the recordings. About six times a blue orb went across the camera. A HUGE BLUE ORB PEOPLES! :eek: My friend got really scared and upset because it was next to her face. So I gave her a hug. That is one of my stories. :ghost:

Rye
03-23-2008, 07:47 PM
Perhaps if you talk to them on the talkies, you might rouse them.

Del Murder
03-23-2008, 07:56 PM
/ja "Provoke" Ghost

Kasou
03-23-2008, 07:58 PM
Being a spirtualist myself, I need to stress what Aerith's Knight said. Do not dabble in things such as "occult practises" if you do not understand them.
Oooh - a good way to capture spirits on film is to take photos of hospital ruins, apparently.
*wags finger* But be respectful to the deceased.
And you don't get many malevolent spirits in graveyards - that's what I've heard from people anyway.
I think I'll stop now, before I end up rambling like some spinster with twenty-seven cats and an half-dead budgie~

Old Manus
03-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Do it. It's not like the ghosts can beat you up for doing it.

Captain Maxx Power
03-23-2008, 08:28 PM
I dont believe in ghosts only LSD so my idea is take the ashes of any family member pour there ashes in a potting pot and grow weed in it and once you smoke them *poof* they appear then do what u will if and when if doesn't work cuz either way you have weed

Even as a joke this is unfunny and marginally disturbing.

I personally go out of my way to test supernatural and occult practices. Some of the list of things I do each day include;

- Pray to all known deities in all world religions and request them to make a small green pig appear on my windowsill
- Attempt to move objects with my mind
- Attempt to send telepathic messages to people on the tube (often stuff like "You suck")
- Shout "screw you all ghosts, apparitions, spectres and poltergeists" and wait to see if I get maimed
- Try contacting the recently departed

So far my success rate has been approximately zero. Provided these results follow through I could disprove the existence of any with a 99.994% certainty by the time I die.

Kasou
03-23-2008, 08:34 PM
- Attempt to move objects with my mind
- Attempt to send telepathic messages to people on the tube (often stuff like "You suck")

Lol - those are practically symptoms of schizophrenia :p
But dammit ~ I do that too.

Do the deities include FF summons? I know that the majority of summons ARE named after deities, but I mean... you could say FF/Shiva, FF/Ifrit... etc.

Araciel
03-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Invoke Gozer ftw.

Aerith's Knight
03-23-2008, 09:37 PM

Have you tried this?
And I know I am about to sound a bit absent minded. But what exactly is an occult practice?

nope.

hmm.. well, what i was referring to is actually a game. You call forth a ghost(or demon) and ask him questions. its been done enough times and is pretty famous, because freaky stuff always happens. Why i said this, is because of a few famous stories where kids asked when they were going to die, and got an answer 'in a week' or something around that time period. They actually died on that day(therefore the stories becoming rumors). I dont know if it was bull:skull::skull::skull::skull: or not, but its never smart to actually place your life in someone else's hands.

calling forth demons and stuff would be my definition of occult.

Faded Tears
03-23-2008, 09:57 PM

Have you tried this?

nope.

hmm.. well, what i was referring to is actually a game. You call forth a ghost(or demon) and ask him questions. its been done enough times and is pretty famous, because freaky stuff always happens. Why i said this, is because of a few famous stories where kids asked when they were going to die, and got an answer 'in a week' or something around that time period. They actually died on that day(therefore the stories becoming rumors). I dont know if it was bull:skull::skull::skull::skull: or not, but its never smart to actually place your life in someone else's hands.

calling forth demons and stuff would be my definition of occult.

Holy hell. If that's true, that is some scary :skull::skull::skull::skull:.
Makes me want to write a story. Weird.

I won't even go near a Oujii Board. (sp)

Jojee
03-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Ouji boards are just marketable... board game... things :p I've never done anything with one but I don't believes it!

Faded Tears
03-23-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm not sure, but I don't trust it either way.

I read this one article where these group of people added some stuff to a Ouji Board and has records of it working or something to that effect.

I'll try to find it if I can, seemed pretty fake though.

Captain Maxx Power
03-23-2008, 10:26 PM
I always find it funny that when using Ouija boards, the ghost or demon in question can always speak perfect English.

Araciel
03-23-2008, 10:28 PM
Supposedly, demons and angels would be fluent in all human languages...but ghosts... iunno, I think it's funnier that said 'apparition' or whatever's vocabulary and language are usually limited to what the people who use the board know.

Kasou
03-23-2008, 10:29 PM
I've heard of a ghost which could only been seen via photographs of the house it was haunting, and it had words written across the photograph to go along with it. But it was in Latin :D

Wuggly Blight
03-23-2008, 11:19 PM
I do belive in Ghosts, There have been billions of sightings for thousands of years, even Henry VIII claimed to of seen a ghost at Windsor,
But anyone who does follow this paranormal bizzarity knows not to touch a Ouiji board, as you dont know who will answer, The spirit may lie to gain your trust and if you dont end the session right the spirit wont leave.

Ouch!
03-24-2008, 12:16 AM
Aboriginal with doctors in Australia have a tradition of pointing a bone at others if they get very upset with them. Witch doctors are feared as powerful beings in such tribes, and it is said if they point a bone at an individual, it is the same as a death sentence. The object of the bone pointing invariably dies.

Is this because the witch doctor actually has the supernatural power to condemn someone to an inevitable death?

No, it's because the person in question believes so unwaveringly in this tradition that they convince themselves they will die. They do so as a result.

Don't underestimate the power of psychological phenomena to manifest physically in extreme manners.

Balzac
03-24-2008, 12:46 AM
Ouji boards are just marketable... board game... things :p I've never done anything with one but I don't believes it!

Originally made by MB Games or some crap. Most amusing.

Ashi
03-24-2008, 06:42 AM
Lol ouija boards.

I don't actually believe in "ghosts". Not in the way most tend to believe. I believe that when someone is dead, they're just dead and there is no way for a connection between them and us. However, I do believe in "ghosts" as seperate entities (not as dead people), and again - I don't believe in a connection between them and us. I leave room for this "theory" because I don't want to be so arrogant as to say that the human eyes can see everything.

When I was younger we used to "play" Ouija just for the heck of it. I tried it alone and with friends and it worked. Also, our "boards" were always self-made. (Large paper w/ stuff written on it, an upside down mini plastic glass instead of the... whatchacall it?). It moved each time but I still don't buy it. Used to creep me out at the time (this was around 8 years ago) but I don't believe in it.

On someone's comment about the ghosts somehow always knowing the English language, we didn't always "play" Ouija in English. My first "board" was in another language and it worked. But like I said, I believe that there is another explanation. Somewhere I read that people that play the game subconciously move it themselves and that makes sense to me. No offense to the people that believe in it.

However, my opinion on making contact with "different creatures" isn't 100% certain. I've seen several strange things but I always brushed them off as my imagination, a trick of light, etc. Either way, whatever creatures out there ... maybe they are as wary of the humans as they are them.