firebadbobb
03-24-2008, 12:17 AM
ok first of all these are the programs i have so far:
ff3edit
ff3ed
ff3usspriteed
ff3usme64
weapon tool
and a few other progs i cant remember right now cause im not at my pc.

With these programs I am able to edit the script of the game edit the stats of weps,enemies,items,chars, and enemy formations.Also I am able to edit the pallets and sprites of enemies,playable,chars,portraits, and espers. How do I change or edit the sprites of the weapons,npcs,houses,airship, or even the chocobo? I downloaded weapontool because I thought I might be able to do something with my wep sprites. I do not know how to use that thing. FF3ed or ff3usme will only let me change certain sprites. Also I would like to change the menu text such as changing gp to gill. I can change item names but not that. I'd also like to add a class name to the chars like gba did with advance version (btw, i am using the snes game). so if one of you could help me that would be great. there has to be something out there that will let me view the sprites of weps,npcs,houses,airship,chocobo. i have done everything i could with what i have so far, but need more to finish my great project. thank you

KoShiatar
03-28-2008, 01:59 PM
The game you're talking about is FF III US... which is, actually, Final Fantasy VI. So I moved your thread.
Actually I think what you want to do requires ROM hacking skills. So you could take a look at the Romhacking.net database and forums to look for help; also, watch out for the FF VI mods and patches because there are, like, a thousand and somebody could have already tried to do what you want to do. If your aim is to restore the SNES version the closest possible to the Japanese one, there is a patch that translates the Japanese ROM from scratch leaving all sprites and menus unchanged from the original. Look for RPG One's website.