PDA

View Full Version : I hate the word "emo"

KentaRawr!
03-24-2008, 05:09 PM
The reason I hate this word is because it's a word that refers to multiple bits and pieces of someone's personality, allowing someone to infer things about another person by completely unrelated things inaccurately. Saying someone's emo is ridiculous, and is only used to make fun of someone else. Whenever I see someone being made fun of for "looking emo", I feel like ripping somebody's head off, reviving them, and doing it again, reviving them once more, and then kicking them in the teeth.

Is there any word you hate? :monster:

Momiji
03-24-2008, 05:10 PM
I've been known to dislike the words 'product' and 'moist'.

Flying Mullet
03-24-2008, 05:11 PM
I'm guessing you don't like "moist products" then?

Aerith's Knight
03-24-2008, 05:14 PM
youre acting a little emo, mate :).. just kidding.

I have a severe dislike for people who use the words:

- "science", when talking about astrology and all non-scientific related crap.
- "climate change"(one word in dutch), when they start talking about green energy and all that, without even the basic knowledge of the physics involved.

lots more but i dont feel like burdening you all.

Momiji
03-24-2008, 05:17 PM

Depending on the item. If it happens to be a 'moist piece of cake', I shall indeed like it. But if it happens to be something else, I will not like it. It's more or less the words themselves that make me feel uncomfortable for some reason.

KentaRawr!
03-24-2008, 05:18 PM

Depending on the item. If it happens to be a 'moist piece of cake', I shall indeed like it. But if it happens to be something else, I will not like it. It's more or less the words themselves that make me feel uncomfortable for some reason.

What about sponges?

Momiji
03-24-2008, 05:19 PM

What about sponges?

No, I do not like sponges. I also do not like Spongebob Squarepants. Why? Because he is an annoying moist...sponge.

41-Inches-Wide
03-24-2008, 05:21 PM
I don't like the word DEGAUSS. It sounds creepy. :kaoclove:

Flying Mullet
03-24-2008, 05:28 PM
dollop

Momiji
03-24-2008, 05:42 PM
dollop

That word is funny, because if you flip it look at it upside down, it looks almost the same as it does the right side up!

rubah
03-24-2008, 05:53 PM
"bloat"

Rye
03-24-2008, 05:54 PM
"Beef loaf" is a most vile utterance.

Breine
03-24-2008, 07:18 PM
I really despise the word fag/faggot/faggit/any shape or form of it.

Roto13
03-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Proactive

Psynergy (not the Golden Sun version, cause that's awesome)

Stick-to-itiveness or however the hell you spell it

Pretty much all of those idiotic words that people use to sound smarter than they are.

scrumpleberry
03-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Organic. It's used inappropriately.

Old Manus
03-24-2008, 08:55 PM
Centrifugal force

Momiji
03-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Proactive

Pretty much all of those idiotic words that people use to sound smarter than they are.

Guesstimate?

Tavrobel
03-24-2008, 09:12 PM
Centrifugal force

Proper applications of Newton's Third Law will certainly show that there is indeed such a force!

Irregardless. Same difference. Synergy (unless used properly). There's a bunch of other misused words and phrases I hate, too.

Roto13
03-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Centrifugal force
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i27/rotothirteen/Comics/centrifugal_force.png

Proactive

Guesstimate?

That's way up there, too.

rubah
03-24-2008, 09:40 PM
I got over my dislike of same difference as a young girl, tavrobel, I expect no less from you!

Roto13
03-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Tav is still a little girl so there's time. :O

Captain Maxx Power
03-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Chillax.

Xander
03-24-2008, 10:48 PM
I don't like "emo" because I like panic at the disco :(

I don't like the word "mindful" cos I have a boss who always says "be mindful of this" and I don't really get what that means I'm supposed to do!! ;_;

[M] Helo
03-24-2008, 10:52 PM
Centrifugal force

Proper applications of Newton's Third Law will certainly show that there is indeed such a force!

Irregardless. Same difference. Synergy (unless used properly). There's a bunch of other misused words and phrases I hate, too.

"dark energy"? It lurks in the shadows :shifty:

leader of mortals
03-24-2008, 10:52 PM
Crono;2453055']

Centrifugal force

"dark energy"? It lurks in the shadows :shifty:

ahh Its crono!!!

blackmage_nuke
03-25-2008, 05:55 AM
I dont like when UFO is used in the wrong context

Shlup
03-25-2008, 06:01 AM
I am annoyed by the word "stapler".

Even "faggerific"? :(

rubah
03-25-2008, 06:16 AM
You better staple'r to the floor after you enforce'r.

Montoya
03-25-2008, 06:42 AM
Condiments.

Araciel
03-25-2008, 06:47 AM
Hate.

Vermachtnis
03-25-2008, 06:50 AM
It's not really a word, but I hate overuse of ellipses. Especially, when...people do it...to make themselves...seem deep...or dark...or whatever. It's annoying.

If it's in the air and I don't know what it is, it's a UFO!

Roto13
03-25-2008, 06:55 AM
It's not really a word, but I hate overuse of ellipses. Especially, when...people do it...to make themselves...seem deep...or dark...or whatever. It's annoying.

Yes. I refuse to read posts that have too many ellipses. I just assume the poster is too dumb to have anything relevant to add.

Breine
03-25-2008, 10:00 AM
I am annoyed by the word "stapler".

Even "faggerific"? :(

Haha, maybe not that one.

Polaris
03-25-2008, 10:48 AM
Yeah I also hate the word emo but most people who are mo because they're giving a different meaning to smth. Emo at the beginning meant emotional but it turned out smth stupid and obviously popular :rolleyes2

blackmage_nuke
03-25-2008, 12:43 PM

If it's in the air and I don't know what it is, it's a UFO!Yes but when someone says something like
"Do you believe in ufos?"
I get annoyed

Peegee
03-25-2008, 03:10 PM
I don't like emo only because 'spoiled upper middle class brat' is already a valid term. Failing that you can called such emos 'crybabies', 'wussies', and so forth.

Jessweeee♪
03-25-2008, 03:15 PM
I'd hate "emo" if it didn't sound like "emu."

I do hate the word bandwagon. It should be censored.

(Drives me crazy when playing Mafia)

Bakamut
03-25-2008, 06:15 PM
The reason I hate this word is because it's a word that refers to multiple bits and pieces of someone's personality, allowing someone to infer things about another person by completely unrelated things inaccurately. Saying someone's emo is ridiculous, and is only used to make fun of someone else. Whenever I see someone being made fun of for "looking emo", I feel like ripping somebody's head off, reviving them, and doing it again, reviving them once more, and then kicking them in the teeth.

Is there any word you hate? :monster:
Nah, I'd say that emo's a stereotype/trend (and a :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty one at that). What else would you call an emo kid? If you say anything to do with punk I will fucking kick you in the balls.

I hate the word "fugly". It just sounds so... eurghh.

Markus. D
03-25-2008, 08:12 PM
"wiki"

People in the world of GW PvP use it far to often -_-; sore losers. :D

BardTard
03-26-2008, 05:56 AM
Preamble. It just sounds creepy.
Bodice.
DiabetISS. (I don't hate it when people day DiabetEEZ)

Also, I hate the words: naive, prepared, organized and unorganized, because my mom overuses them too much and I can pretty much predict when she's going to use them. Especially "be prepared" and I'm more prepared for things than everybody else is most of the time.

It is. Who is it on here that does that? Is that LanceOfTime?
Edit: Yes.

rubah
03-26-2008, 06:01 AM
"we the people in order to form a more perfect union~"

*goes out singing*

Araciel
03-26-2008, 07:06 AM
'babe' when used as a pet-name.

wtf

Momiji
03-26-2008, 07:14 AM

wtf

It's clearly a reference to the movie about the pig.

rubah
03-26-2008, 10:28 PM
Throat. It feels like strangulation when I think about it.

Hambone
03-26-2008, 11:20 PM

wtf

Really!? Me too! It's such a turn-off!

Also, depressed. Kids today can't seem to pick a better word to express sadness, grief, or solemness. They don't even think about the literal meaning of depression.

Chimp
03-27-2008, 03:07 AM
Squeegee.

Roto13
03-27-2008, 03:09 AM
Also, depressed. Kids today can't seem to pick a better word to express sadness, grief, or solemness. They don't even think about the literal meaning of depression.

God, yes. "I'm depressed. :(" No you're not! You're just bummed out! IT'S NOT THE SAME!

Jessweeee♪
03-27-2008, 03:50 AM

Yes. I refuse to read posts that have too many ellipses. I just assume the poster is too dumb to have anything relevant to add.

Ellipses are the best n.n

I don't use them as much as I normally do, but I do use them a lot because I just talk that way sometimes, and I prefer to type things out the way I say them...or think them, anyway. I also use them when starting a sentence with conjunctions like "and" or "but" because a sentence doesn't properly start with those and it bothers me to see a captialized And at the beginning of a sentence.

Necronopticous
03-27-2008, 04:29 AM

Yes. I refuse to read posts that have too many ellipses. I just assume the poster is too dumb to have anything relevant to add.<CENTER>http://www.JEREMYTIME/upload/412.jpg</CENTER>

Heath
03-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Chillax.

Good God, I hate that word.

Balzac
03-28-2008, 12:54 PM
I don't like when people use "addicting" in the wrong context.

KentaRawr!
03-28-2008, 06:43 PM

Are you addicted to pointing it out?

Oh, and Pureghetto demonstrated as to why I hate the word emo quite well. Using the term allows you to determine things about a person when the two things are completely and totally unrelated! Of course, this will be inaccurate, and lead to false conceptions of said person. Plus, one can easily alter the definition of the word emo to a specific thing in a smaller community, which will eventually spread into other communities, creating a new trend.

Nominus Experse
03-28-2008, 11:33 PM
Apparently, Mexico doesn't much care the word "emo" either.

Bakamut
03-29-2008, 09:24 AM
Hell yes I agree! I hate it when people use "addicting" when it should be addictive.