PDA

View Full Version : EoFFers unite inthe midwest. Armageddon Ensues!

Bahamut2000X
03-24-2008, 05:27 PM
So before I begin this thread off let's start with a funny story!

So it all began with a simple hello to Akaria from that thread Evastio started up of getting to know people. Many laughs were had, many discussions ensued, then came the mention of Ohio....yes Ohio the ninja state of the union. It began as a "Oh I'm going to Ohio to meet another EoFFer this summer." In turn with my humorous responses "Oh I should come too and then we can call it an EoFF meet-up!" Funny haha, laughs again were had, then we had the bright idea to actually follow up on that joke. And through a funny comedy of events this thread was made and I somehow got put in charge of trying to organize this chaos.

With that being said, this is now the discussion page for what could become the greatest EoFF meet-up ever (I mean the midwest is SOOOO much better then those Ukers and Californiaites who always meet-up). Well then I suppose first would be who all would be interested in such an event. Then second comes deciding a location that isn't too bad for all to make it too and isn't boring to hang out at. So then, discuss!!!

List of those going to this historic event.
-Bahamut2000X
-Akaria
*Insert more peeps here*

List of those interested in this historic event pending geographic location.
-Ouch!
-Monkey4Soul
-ljkkjlcm9
-Jojee
-eeczxcvbnm
-Araciel (against his will)
-oddler
-Lekana
-Momiji
-Hsu
-Vaern

List of places to have fun at that's actually in the midwest.
-Cedar Point
-King's Island
-Chicago
*Insert more ideas here*

Psychotic
03-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Nobody is better than Ukers!

Momiji
03-24-2008, 05:29 PM
Well of course this would be the best meetup. I live in the midwest. <3

41-Inches-Wide
03-24-2008, 05:30 PM
I WISHED I LIVED IN OHIO! :heart:
Or better yet, live with Justin!

Bahamut2000X
03-24-2008, 05:32 PM
Nobody is better than Ukers!

Geez you posted that like 1 second after I made the thread. I can just picture Psy sitting there in his chair suddenly going "I sense a disturbance in the British-force!" and instinctively knowing I mentioned something better then the UK in here. >.>

KentaRawr!
03-24-2008, 05:34 PM
As much as I'd love to go, I can't, sadly. I think having a 15 year old there would mess it up. :p

Bahamut2000X
03-24-2008, 05:35 PM
As much as I'd love to go, I can't, sadly. I think having a 15 year old there would mess it up. :p

Your 15? I thought you were like 33. >.>

God I suck at guessing people's ages on here.

Momiji
03-24-2008, 05:35 PM
I WISHED I LIVED IN OHIO! :heart:
Or better yet, live with Justin!

I live in Indiana. That's a state away. But there is always room for you :heart:

I wish this meetup could be in Fort Wayne so I don't have to go very far. Without a job, I don't have much money. >_<

Rye
03-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Imo, the greatest meet up will be when Rye is in the UK, and I show up on Psy's doorstep, a frightened DK and Mr. MILF in tow, demanding his parents let him come out and play with us. :monster:

And yes, it will happen. Rye is studying abroad in the UK in her second year of college. We will hang out EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Won't we, guys?! :bigsmile:

Momiji
03-24-2008, 05:37 PM
Imo, the greatest meet up will be when Rye is in the UK, and I show up on Psy's doorstep, a frightened Mr. MILF in tow, demanding his parents let him come out and play with us. :bigsmile:

You live pretty close to the midwest. Come to this one. :sweat:

KentaRawr!
03-24-2008, 05:38 PM

That's what profiles are for. :choc2:

Madame Adequate
03-24-2008, 05:40 PM
UK? More like Ukraine, amirite?

o hi blace

Bahamut2000X
03-24-2008, 05:40 PM

Bah don't fool me with your sorcery ways! I see your avatar, you don't fool me!

KentaRawr!
03-24-2008, 05:45 PM

Bah don't fool me with your sorcery ways! I see your avatar, you don't fool me!

Wizzrobes don't cast spells. They spam Link to death in Level 7. :monster:

Psychotic
03-24-2008, 05:49 PM
And yes, it will happen. Rye is studying abroad in the UK in her second year of college. We will hang out EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Won't we, guys?! :bigsmile: Oh :skull::skull::skull::skull: sorry bro I have to wash my hair that day. Yes, every day. Next time, eh? :)

Rye
03-24-2008, 05:50 PM
And yes, it will happen. Rye is studying abroad in the UK in her second year of college. We will hang out EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Won't we, guys?! :bigsmile: Oh :skull::skull::skull::skull: sorry bro I have to wash my hair that day. Yes, every day. Next time, eh? :)

But we can go to the salon and get our hair washed together. Or better yet, I can wash your hair for you. Every day. :bigsmile:

Aerith's Knight
03-24-2008, 05:52 PM
Psy is gonna commit suicide before she leaves..

rubah
03-24-2008, 05:56 PM
What kind of ohio?

Marshall Banana
03-24-2008, 06:12 PM
<a href="http://www.chickenfestival.com" target="_blank">You should meet at the Chicken Festival! =O</a>

Ouch!
03-24-2008, 07:41 PM
Ouch! still demands another Chicago meet-up which does not occur during the week he leaves for college!

Akaria
03-24-2008, 07:56 PM
I'm nervous at the mention of my name in the first post as well as mention of the Chicken Festival, but meh. Anyway! Ouch, you technically live kinda around here, right? Even if it's not Chicago you should cooome.

Kentarou, I dunno how having a 15 year old there would mess it up, to be honest.

/directs Ara to thread to try to convince him to come....

Shoeberto
03-24-2008, 07:59 PM
I will be back in Ohio this summer, so... hey hey hey sup guys

KentaRawr!
03-24-2008, 08:14 PM
Kentarou, I dunno how having a 15 year old there would mess it up, to be honest.

I suppose this really depends entirely on what goes down at these meet-ups.

But besides that, I doubt my Mom would really sit well with the idea that I'm meeting people from the internet in real life. She always tells everyone how she reads news stories about things like that going horribly wrong. Of course, I could find another way to actually get to the meet-up, but I don't want my Mom to worry about me too much.

Plus, there's always the possibility that you all are internet-pedophiles like Leeza. :D

Bahamut2000X
03-24-2008, 08:18 PM
I will be back in Ohio this summer, so... hey hey hey sup guys

Excellent, my plan to get Hsu in the same room as me so I can pitch him my movie idea is going just as planned!

I suppose this really depends entirely on what goes down at these meet-ups.

Yes....what will happen at them is perfectly PG rated. :shifty:

Marshall Banana
03-24-2008, 10:25 PM
You really should experience the wonderful smells that the Chicken Festival has to offer.

edczxcvbnm
03-24-2008, 10:43 PM
Let me know what the plan is on stuff to do.

Raebus
03-24-2008, 11:26 PM
Well, at least this meet up won't have Ice Glow at the helm barking out rules as they come. I'd come if I could!

Ouch!
03-24-2008, 11:40 PM
Wait, wait. Ohio, right?

CEDAR POINT GO!

KentaRawr!
03-25-2008, 12:20 AM
Wait, wait. Ohio, right?

CEDAR POINT GO!

More like King's Island, am I right?

Bahamut2000X
03-25-2008, 12:27 AM
King's Island sucks. It's all about Cedar Point!

Anyways I think I should probably do some actual work on this seeing as I'm the one who somehow ended up in charge of this little thing. Anyways if you would be down for it I'll get a list going to see who all is interested, and ideas of where to do this little precursor to doom. Anyways then *goes to update a list on the first post*

Araciel
03-25-2008, 01:15 AM
Will there be boobs and booze?

Jessweeee♪
03-25-2008, 01:19 AM
If you guys go to Peoria I am going to be so mad.

Jojee
03-25-2008, 01:45 AM
Haha Kaycee and I were talking about making a Midwest-Chicago meetup and then after that take a road trip through Canada this summer :p

Araciel
03-25-2008, 01:46 AM
Haha Kaycee and I were talking about making a Midwest-Chicago meetup and then after that take a road trip through Canada this summer :p

What part of Canadia?

Jojee
03-25-2008, 01:48 AM
Every parts! It's all just talk right now, although it'd be cool if we could pull it off :p

Ouch!
03-25-2008, 07:45 AM
A Chicago meet-up really should happen. I'd be down. But there's no way I'm driving to ed's. It's not close. Mapquest said so.

Værn
03-25-2008, 08:06 AM
From where I live, Cedar Point is about a two-hour drive... If you decide to go there, then once a date is given I might be able to show up meet you guys there =o
But, aside from just hanging out, I wouldn't be doing much. I don't like roller coasters. I have this "thing" about being whipped at the ground in a metal box at high speeds... Oh, well. If I'm not mistaken Soak City is part of it, right?
Anyways, if I can come, maybe I can drag Shun along with me =)

Akaria
03-25-2008, 09:14 AM
Cedar Point...Wha?! *googles* Roller coaster capital of the...Wow, the world is a big place..AMUSEMENT PARK WE'RE GOING THERE!!

/forces it on list *COUGHbahamut2kxCOUGH*:D

Seriously, though, I really like that idea. Any other ideas, guys? I kinda like the idea of around the Chicago area, personally. Keep in mind please that I live around Minneapolis, so it's not exactly the closest thing for me; I'm not rooting for this out of convenience.

That, and we have to get a certain Canadian to come too...Ara, you know I'm talking about you:rolleyes2

theundeadhero
03-25-2008, 08:39 PM
Nobody is better than Ukers!What about a midwesterner thats been to a few UK meetups?

Araciel
03-25-2008, 08:44 PM
...That, and we have to get a certain Canadian to come too...Ara, you know I'm talking about you:rolleyes2

Why me?! :mad2: I'm afraid of Americans. I'm afraid they might hurt me.

Bahamut2000X
03-25-2008, 09:30 PM
...That, and we have to get a certain Canadian to come too...Ara, you know I'm talking about you:rolleyes2

Crap he's on to us. :shifty:

Akaria
03-25-2008, 10:36 PM

Crap he's on to us. :shifty:
Just don't make a sound or move. He can't see us if we don't move...

Anyway. I googled "cool places in Chicago", because it doesn't seem like anyone's said NO CHICAGO yet, forgive me if I'm wrong, and came up with some answers.

"I moved to Chicago a few years ago and there are a few places that are key to visit, others you can take or leave.
My list of must-see places include; Sears Tower, Navy Pier, and Michigan Ave.

If you are interested in any of the stuff at the museums, then I would go there too. I went all three (at different times) and thought that the Shedd Aquarium wasn't really worth the money I spent. The planetarium was okay, but we paid extra for the presentations they had and that was really the only cool part. The Field Museum had a lot of stuff and right now there's a King Tut exhibit there, for an extra fee of course. The Museum of Science and Industry is really geared toward younger kids.

Don't get sucked into buying the museum's all-inclusive ticket where you can see all three museums at a "cheaper" price. There is no way to see all three in one day."

So yeah. A couple people know this already, but I wouldn't mind finding a club for a night....:shifty:

Jojee
03-25-2008, 10:49 PM
I heard clubbing in Chicago was good, haven't done so yet xD

I love the Shedd Aquarium, I would go there again!

When are you guys even planning to do this?

Akaria
03-25-2008, 10:54 PM
This summer sometime, probably later in the summer months. I'd like to know when's good for everyone. I know school will restrict the times a little for some people, and jobs and such. For me, I'll be having a couple part time jobs until mid January, when I'll be starting up school, so it won't be too much of a problem to take some time off whenever.

And just so you guys know, I'd be willing to pick up a few people on the way there. If you decide to take me up on this, you WILL be subjected to Muse, as well as "Never Gonna Give You Up" and "What Is Love". So decide accordingly.

ANYWAY. When's good for people?

Jojee
03-25-2008, 10:55 PM
Well last year we did it in August, and it was way way too hot imo :(

May or June please.

Akaria
03-25-2008, 10:58 PM
That early, eh? I'd be fine with that, just please not May 15th - 28th. Or something. There's a dance show I gotta be there for. Anyone else??

Jojee
03-25-2008, 11:00 PM
Either that last weekend of May or early June would be great, then :p

Woodinator
03-25-2008, 11:17 PM
If you decide to take me up on this, you WILL be subjected to Muse, as well as "Never Gonna Give You Up" and "What Is Love". So decide accordingly.

ANYWAY. When's good for people?

Muse? You say it like its a bad thing :O

Akaria
03-25-2008, 11:59 PM
It's not in the least, haha. I freaking love Muse. Just warning people, because I know that just recently there was a hate thread against Muse:(

WOOD!! You should come. When's good for you?:D

Yamaneko
03-26-2008, 12:05 AM
You guys should discuss Final Fantasy and related Square Enix games at this meet up.

Akaria
03-26-2008, 12:11 AM
Everyone actually has to dress up as a Final Fantasy or Square Enix game character every single day, and every sentence anyone utters has to end with "kupo".:shifty:

Yamaneko
03-26-2008, 12:13 AM
I really wish I could go and participate.

Anno Domini
03-26-2008, 12:21 AM
how about chicago. its a big city so if we decide to remain anonymous, we could just blend in. i would love to go if i could get a plan ticket. :-(

Jojee
03-26-2008, 12:25 AM
Everyone actually has to dress up as a Final Fantasy or Square Enix game character every single day, and every sentence anyone utters has to end with "kupo".:shifty:

I'm definitely up for this, kupo :p *prepares my Eiko costume*

Akaria
03-26-2008, 12:37 AM
Anno, I did a random Expedia search from Alaska to Chicago, and it looks like you could get a round trip for $514 with a stop in Salt Lake City. I'm sure there are better prices and stuff out there, but this was just the one I looked at as an example. So if you could scrape together the money by early June, I'm sure something could be set if, if you'd like:)

Jojee's got the right idea, kupo!!:heart:

edczxcvbnm
03-26-2008, 12:52 AM
http://forums.eyesonff.com/feedback-forum/108889-eyes-final-fantasy-member-map-2007-08-edition.html

Go add yourself to the list people >:o

Bahamut2000X
03-26-2008, 04:44 AM
Btw, all interested in actually attending gimme a PM or just raise a hand or something so I can add you to the list and keep track of who is truly down for it and who is just thinking.

As for a time I was initially thinking something along the lines of mid to late July would work out well as it's before school and gives everyone time to put in time off and get prepared and what not. Though a bit earlier I wouldn't be objected to. I can get time off whenever so long as I put in enough notice for my work.

Freya
03-26-2008, 05:01 AM
Yeah me and joy were talking about meeting in chicago. We wanted to get PG to fly down and then we'd road trip him back up there. I'd like to go if I can. Mainly for joy and ed not so much you guys xD but that'd be cool too!

If it's in may then it'd have to be at the end of the month cause I graduate the 18th. Maybe sometime in june? I'll have to see on the whole if I have money to get there it is like 4 states away o.o

Momiji
03-26-2008, 05:13 AM

I've been there before! Twice!

Do you feel special to have walked on the same ground as I have? :3

Woodinator
03-26-2008, 05:19 AM
It's not in the least, haha. I freaking love Muse. Just warning people, because I know that just recently there was a hate thread against Muse:(

WOOD!! You should come. When's good for you?:D

hahaha :P idk i'm not exactly social (even on this board) but if I actually know people by the time of this and am free i'll go lol

yeah I just discovered Muse this year thanks to my roomate so I've been listening to them a lot

Araciel
03-26-2008, 05:22 AM
Muse sucks.

Woodinator
03-26-2008, 05:28 AM
You may have just sentenced yourself to death -_-;

Chicagos a lot of fun, I know it a bit because I live in the suburbs and I've had countless fieldtrips to each museum there. Shed Aquarium and the Field Museum are pretty great and Millenium Park can be fun, although I highly doubt they'll have the ice rink open ><

Jojee
03-26-2008, 05:39 AM

I've been there before! Twice!

Do you feel special to have walked on the same ground as I have? :3
AHH! *nukes the place*

Jk, of course I am blessed to have been within 300 miles of where you once were *kisses ground* ;)

Um yeah July just sounds AWFUL. Ugh, imagining 100+ degree weather right now. The best weather is in late May imo, and June would probably do too. July and August it just gets way out of hand.

Granted, I'd probably still be down in Chicago in July anyway as I'd visit Steve over the summer, but yeah :p Gross. I hate summer. I love spring. Too bad it's still winter where it counts atm >.<

Araciel
03-26-2008, 05:48 AM
40 degrees or GTFO.

oddler
03-26-2008, 06:04 AM
*gets the fun out* :mad2:

Hey, a meet-up within driving distance. This has oddler potential. :choc2:

Araciel
03-26-2008, 06:07 AM
WHut Oddler might go?! ...

I maybe could go.

edczxcvbnm
03-26-2008, 06:14 AM
When Joy and I went to the Shedd in like...september we waited in line for a while >.> I imagine the lines will only be way longer in the summer.

oddler
03-26-2008, 06:19 AM
Estimated Time: 7.0 hours 11 minutes.
Estimated Distance: 409.34 miles.

I'd have to check with the lady friend because I'm whipped like that, though. :)

Jojee
03-26-2008, 06:21 AM
Where the heck do you live oddler? o_o

Araciel
03-26-2008, 06:26 AM
http://content.mqcdn.com/dotcom-release-8-build.7/cdn/images/icon-start.png
Orillia, ON

http://content.mqcdn.com/dotcom-release-8-build.7/cdn/images/icon-end.png
Chicago, IL

Total Estimated Time: 9.0 hours 28 minutes
Total Estimated Distance: 582.24 miles

Akaria
03-26-2008, 06:41 AM
Oh sure, Ara, you'd come for Oddler but you were really iffy when I was DEMANDING you'd come? You suck:(

Haha...

Araciel
03-26-2008, 06:43 AM
Isn't it past your bedtime?

Also, Oddler and I have an underlying non-gay attraction that cannot be denied.

oddler
03-26-2008, 06:47 AM
I'm a Virginian!

Jojee
03-26-2008, 06:51 AM
James will fix that!

Oh Virginian, not virgin ^^ ok right.

Araciel
03-26-2008, 06:57 AM
De-virginizing US Americans is not something that I take lightly, you shrew!

ljkkjlcm9
03-26-2008, 09:26 AM
Depends where it is

I'm just in Virginia, southwest, so maybe I'd actually go

THE JACKEL

oddler
03-26-2008, 09:30 AM
I smell carpool. :lol:

ljkkjlcm9
03-26-2008, 09:38 AM
I smell carpool. :lol:

heck, I got a GPS, I can do it. But, people gotta chip in for gas >.>

chicago is only about 10 hours from me... here to home is about 12 hours... home to chicago is about 15... it's like a triangle.

But I have a wedding to attend in Connecticut June 14th... so yeah

THE JACKEL

Akaria
03-26-2008, 09:48 AM
According to peoples' current agendas, I vote early June for the date.

Got all this down, Bahamut?:tongue:

ljkkjlcm9
03-26-2008, 09:50 AM
According to peoples' current agendas, I vote early June for the date.

Got all this down, Bahamut?:tongue:

would have to be like very early june, within the first week... and I promise nothing

In fact, even if I show up... I may disguise myself so no one sees me... because that would ruin my plan to take over

THE JACKEL

Ouch!
03-26-2008, 10:53 AM
Assuming it's downtown, I'll likely show up.

Bahamut2000X
03-26-2008, 03:24 PM
Um yeah July just sounds AWFUL. Ugh, imagining 100+ degree weather right now.

100 Degrees? Geez where do you live? >.> Come to Ohio, if it hits 100 degree one day, it'll be for like 20 min and then we'll probably get snow afterwards *is only half joking*. That or go to Lake Erie, when I went there a couple summers ago it was like a constant 70-80 degrees every day.

Værn
03-26-2008, 06:26 PM
Um yeah July just sounds AWFUL. Ugh, imagining 100+ degree weather right now.

100 Degrees? Geez where do you live? >.> Come to Ohio, if it hits 100 degree one day, it'll be for like 20 min and then we'll probably get snow afterwards *is only half joking*. That or go to Lake Erie, when I went there a couple summers ago it was like a constant 70-80 degrees every day.
Yes... It's dropped from 70 to snowing a few times already just this winter.
Okay, maybe a slight exaggeration... maybe 50 to snowing overnight, though. The weather is barely ever the same two days in a row here =P

Monkey4Soul
03-26-2008, 06:30 PM
I wanna come! that way I can complain to Bahamut about not GMing New Beginnings in person. I could hitch a ride wif Akaria, if'n that's okey.

Akaria
03-26-2008, 09:09 PM
I wanna come! that way I can complain to Bahamut about not GMing New Beginnings in person. I could hitch a ride wif Akaria, if'n that's okey.
Monkey, where you at, sir?! I don't see a location in your profile and such.

Araciel
03-26-2008, 09:52 PM
IF I were to arrive, I would most likely take a plane.

Akaria
03-26-2008, 10:30 PM
You are arriving, aren'tcha Ara?:D

Araciel
03-26-2008, 11:10 PM
We'll see.

Shoeberto
03-27-2008, 12:02 AM
Chicago would be kinda iffy for me, not so much for driving distance but for if I'm working this summer and what kind of hours and such. A weekend would be peachy. I think Chicago's about 5 hours from me, which is doable.

Rantz
03-27-2008, 12:19 AM
Distance between Kalmar, SW - Chicago, US: 4330.77 miles

Hey, a meet-up within driving distance. This has oddler potential. :choc2:

And yet, this made me consider the possibilities for a split second. Bahaha.

Freya
03-27-2008, 01:52 AM
1,089 mi – about 16 hours 19 mins O.O

Maybe i'll just get a plane ticket xD take it I drive 100 miles a day so it wouldn't be that bad for me since i'm use to it. But still gas ick! That'd cost me about 100$ in gas in my bug maybe more D: well how much does a plane ticket cost xD

ljkkjlcm9
03-27-2008, 01:56 AM
1,089 mi – about 16 hours 19 mins O.O

Maybe i'll just get a plane ticket xD take it I drive 100 miles a day so it wouldn't be that bad for me since i'm use to it. But still gas ick! That'd cost me about 100$ in gas in my bug maybe more D: well how much does a plane ticket cost xD
a plane ticket would cost more, trust me.
it's about a 10 hour drive for me, but I'd do it. Takes me 14 hours to drive home, that's refilling gas twice, so 100 bucks. But whenever I flew home, the tickets were like 400 bucks.

THE JACKEL

Bahamut2000X
03-27-2008, 02:32 AM
Well a fun conversation I had with some people last night talking about flying to Japan and what not, and it was mentioned plane tickets can be cheap if you basically fly low class, do plenty of lay overs, and generally take extra time to get somewhere. I forget how much it was, but I heard of someone going to Australia in roughly 2 days with a crap load of lay overs but costing like 200 bucks or something obscene, just it was a long trip. Though I dunno the full validity of all this. >.>

Monkey4Soul
03-27-2008, 04:36 PM
Monkey, where you at, sir?! I don't see a location in your profile and such.

St. Paul. You didn't hear it from me.

Bahamut2000X
03-27-2008, 05:16 PM
By the way I updated the list of people and split into 2, who is definitely planning to go, and those who have shown interest in maybe going. If I missed anyone on either list let me know and I'll fix things up, this way we can get a decent head count and keep track of getting info to who ever needs it, etc.

Akaria
03-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Ara's not against his will...:shifty:

But dude, Monkey. OMGZ NO WAIII. You live like, right by me:D

Monkey4Soul
04-03-2008, 01:02 AM
Indeed. I feel fuzzy now. Let's rule MN now. I've got the ammo if you've got the soldiers. In fact, I have both, so what can you bring to the table? I need some assassins *hint*

Jojee
04-03-2008, 03:01 AM
There's always the <a href="http://megabus.com/us/" target="_blank">Megabus</a> that runs from Minneapolis to Chicago. ^_^ If you book early enough (and if you keep refreshing) you may be able to get a $1 trip.

Araciel
04-03-2008, 03:10 AM
Hrmm...US Americans scare me.

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-03-2008, 05:33 AM
Well a fun conversation I had with some people last night talking about flying to Japan and what not, and it was mentioned plane tickets can be cheap if you basically fly low class, do plenty of lay overs, and generally take extra time to get somewhere. I forget how much it was, but I heard of someone going to Australia in roughly 2 days with a crap load of lay overs but costing like 200 bucks or something obscene, just it was a long trip. Though I dunno the full validity of all this. >.>

Domestic flights are always more expensive than international. Or so that is what my sister told me when she was in Tourism. Basically, you can go to Australia for two weeks for cheaper than going to Hawaii for a week.

ljkkjlcm9
04-03-2008, 06:07 AM

Domestic flights are always more expensive than international. Or so that is what my sister told me when she was in Tourism. Basically, you can go to Australia for two weeks for cheaper than going to Hawaii for a week.

I think that's true. A lot of countries rely on foreign travelers for a good amount of their income. So offering a deal on international flights would make more people want to visit there. Many domestic flights are for family or other reasons, except to certain tourist locations, which they price accordingly.

As for the meet-up, we'll have to see what happens within the next month to confirm my going or not.

THE JACKEL

Bahamut2000X
04-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Well any more debate on where to go? I'm still partial for Cedar Point because amusement parks are always fun and it's close by to me. :D

Jojee
04-03-2008, 06:39 PM
I h8 amusement parks because I'm a wimp and I can't ride roller coasters. xD

bipper
04-03-2008, 06:40 PM
O what, this again? I am gonna get arrested, die, and walk around with an open fly agian?

Araciel
04-03-2008, 06:56 PM
O what, this again? I am gonna get arrested, die, and walk around with an open fly agian?

If both YOU and ODDLER will be there, I'll die if I'm not. :love:

Akaria
04-03-2008, 09:50 PM
It's a life requirement for Bipper and Oddler to be there.

And you too, Ara. And Vyk.

oddler
04-03-2008, 09:54 PM

:-\

We'll see. I'd love to show up and hang out but it's impossible to tell if I can right now.

ljkkjlcm9
04-03-2008, 09:58 PM
After further developments in my daily schedule, the determination for my showing up is the location. Anything more than like a 8 hour drive would be too far, as I have to drive up to Connecticut immediately afterwards

THE JACKEL

bipper
04-03-2008, 10:04 PM

:-\

We'll see. I'd love to show up and hang out but it's impossible to tell if I can right now.

Requirement!? Wth!> When, where, how? I am confused. I might be able to, but I guarantee nothing. Of course, I would just drive down in the GOE Bus.

Bahamut2000X
04-20-2008, 04:27 PM
Well Mafia and that silly contest are over so my free time on here is open, so let's get this going again.

At the moment for simplicities sake I'll say the places are split between Cedar Point or Chicago since those seem to be the 2 most interesting/popular hangouts here. As for a date late May or early June will probably work best in getting things planned and giving people time to set aside time to go.

Ouch!
04-21-2008, 02:22 AM
I vote Chicago in early June as I will likely be heading to Scotland for the end of May.

Jojee
04-21-2008, 02:55 AM
Seconded for Chicago early June.

Akaria
04-21-2008, 03:58 AM
Sounds like a trip. There's a possibility I may not be able to go depending on living situations and the like, but by god I'll try.

Bahamut2000X
04-21-2008, 04:05 AM
Sounds like a trip. There's a possibility I may not be able to go depending on living situations and the like, but by god I'll try.

You'd better go, your the one who made me make this thread. XD

Værn
04-21-2008, 04:28 AM
Despite my phobia of roller coasters and everything, I'd prefer to stay in Ohio and just chill at Cedar Point.

Freya
04-21-2008, 04:31 AM
If gas doesn't go up to like $5 then i most likely can go xD

Bahamut2000X
04-21-2008, 04:36 AM
Well my vote is for Cedar Point because I enjoy theme parks and it's closer to me.

Ouch!
04-21-2008, 04:38 AM
Yes, but we can have a wild house party at Ouch!'s if people go to Chicago.

Bahamut2000X
04-21-2008, 04:42 AM
Yes, but we can have a wild house party at Ouch!'s if people go to Chicago.

Way to turn this into a dilemma. Now I don't know what I want anymore. :(

Ouch!
04-21-2008, 04:48 AM
If it helps, I was joking.

My parents don't leave me with the house for two weeks until late June/early July.

Jojee
04-21-2008, 05:19 AM
If you asked me to point out Ohio on a map I probably couldn't do it :p

Ouch!
04-21-2008, 05:22 AM
You should talk to rubah.

escobert
04-21-2008, 05:23 AM
Liz and I wont be back in chicago for awhile :( poopy! North East meet up time :p

Shoeberto
04-21-2008, 05:29 AM
Man. Chicago'd be relatively close but 'relatively' is still a 4+ hour drive one way. I'd have to think long and hard on that one.

Ouch!
04-21-2008, 05:32 AM
We'll make it worth your while, chief.

Akaria
04-21-2008, 06:46 AM
I consider Chicago close and it's like a 8-9 hour drive for me:D

Bahamut2000X
04-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Man. Chicago'd be relatively close but 'relatively' is still a 4+ hour drive one way. I'd have to think long and hard on that one.

We should car pool. :monster:

Værn
04-25-2008, 08:45 PM

Yes. Please, do. If somebody can give me a ride, then that may solve my problem of having to ask my parents if I can get a ride to either a large amusement park or a big city outside of the state so I can hang out with a group of people that I've never met before =)

Monkey4Soul
04-25-2008, 09:15 PM

Yes. Please, do. If somebody can give me a ride, then that may solve my problem of having to ask my parents if I can get a ride to either a large amusement park or a big city outside of the state so I can hang out with a group of people that I've never met before =)

Seconded.

Freya
04-25-2008, 10:51 PM
I consider Chicago close and it's like a 8-9 hour drive for me:D

haha i'm like 14 hours away. I kinda need to know when cause I have to get a second job. I got a $178 speeding ticket and then I plan on driving there so it'll probably be like $200 in gas there and then $200 back then about $200 for other spending. So I would need to make about $778 before hand. So I need a time frame.

Caraliz
04-25-2008, 11:17 PM
ho ho ho. i can't believe this is happening just as i left. xD get joy to go. :love:

Bahamut2000X
04-26-2008, 04:16 AM
Well if there's motion for a car pool I'm down. Any blokes live local to Columbus or close by? I'm in the North East side of it like at the border of Worthington and Westerville.

Agrias
04-29-2008, 10:58 PM
LETS ALL GO TO GREECE?????? :monster:

Bahamut2000X
05-05-2008, 08:38 PM
I made a poll for where to go at here ('http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-chat/117068-eoff-midwest-meet-up-location-poll.html') so we can just get some numbers on where the popular vote on location is for.