PDA

View Full Version : Tired of Gaming?

Dreddz
03-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Anyone else feel their love for video games has slowly decreased over the past few years? It seems that nowadays I cant seem to get really into any game I purchise. Sure, I still enjoy playing them, and I still consider gaming one of the best past times at home but it seems that the past few years, particulary this gen of gaming just arent as exciting or interesting as the PS1/DC era. It feels like the golden age has past and the only reason I still play games is because I still think of them to be as great as they were in say, 1998. In reality I dont put in as many hours into a game as I did before and I only play to complete them. I rarely go back to a game after ive beaten it. Something I did plenty of times in the past.

Ill still play games and Im still looking forward to a few but its only a matter of time till I cant be assed to play them anymore. The likelyhood is that I will probably last till this line of consoles are through and stop then. Maybe look to do something with my life, who knows.

EDIT: Oh, and im not asking for advice on the matter. Just your own opinions.

KentaRawr!
03-24-2008, 06:33 PM
My recommendation is to get a system you didn't have from last-gen and buy the games everybody and their Mom loves to death. :3

Roogle
03-24-2008, 06:34 PM
My recommendation is to play older games on the computer through the use of emulators and await the release of their sequels on the current generation consoles.

White Raven
03-24-2008, 06:47 PM
I have found that my urge to game has gone down drastically in the past few years, more specifically, my urge to stick to a game to completion. Roughly 75% of my GC games are no where near completion. The number is better for my Wii games, where 50% aren't done.

I can understand why this is for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I've focused a lot more on my degree and thesis in the past couple of years. Secondly, there has been a drastic rise in my MMORPG playing (specifically WoW) which is sort of a parasite for game playing time, as I play hours on end playing, even though I can never really complete the game. These two things combine to take away from my console gaming times, and I find that if I've been away from a game for a long period of time, I can't get back into the storyline and game play, so I stop playing the game altogether.

The only thing I can do is putt away at the console games slowly, and hope that I can catch up on some of my older games.

:)

scrumpleberry
03-24-2008, 06:51 PM
My theory is - and I hesitate to say this - that you games may simply not be holding as much appeal for you because you've grown out of them. I don't mean to say that you've grown "too old" for them, I am strongly against the school of thought that believes games are soley for the young and furthermore I have no idea how old you are, but perhaps your personality has moved in a different direction as you've matured and different sorts of hobbies may now appeal to you in lieu of gaming.

Of course, that could be absolute bollocks in which case I'd just agree with the above posters.

Captain Maxx Power
03-24-2008, 06:58 PM
Most of the people in my guild on WoW are in their 30's, so I don't know how much water that theory holds. I think it might just be a change in priorities. Maybe you've had enough of gaming and want to do something else - find a partner, enhance your career, climb a mountain, visit the Canary Islands, whatever. I tend to find I lose interest in games if I have others things I want to do.

Dreddz
03-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Im also pointing to the games themselves. Everything we play today has already been made in some other form. Games just havent seemed to have evolved after the PS2. Take for instance DMC4. I enjoyed the game but grew tired of it near the end. While the first title blew me away and I went on to beat it three times.

ljkkjlcm9
03-24-2008, 07:14 PM
yes, my enjoyment of games has declined. I'm not sure why, but it has.

THE JACKEL

DK
03-24-2008, 07:19 PM
I had a year or so in about 2005 where I could not be arsed with console games at all but I've gotten back into it these days. Mass Effect for one is one game that I got totally into.

KentaRawr!
03-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Im also pointing to the games themselves. Everything we play today has already been made in some other form. Games just havent seemed to have evolved after the PS2. Take for instance DMC4. I enjoyed the game but grew tired of it near the end. While the first title blew me away and I went on to beat it three times.
Do you think that's because the quality of the games have declined, or that familiar formulas disappoint in newer games?

Breine
03-24-2008, 07:27 PM
For me it kinda comes in waves. I can be very much into video games/just one certain video game for like a couple of months, but then afterwards I can sometimes go for a long time without even turning on any of my video game consoles. I guess it's a matter of what mood I'm in or something.

So, to answer your question: No, my general love for video games hasn't really decreased, but my mood sometimes make me not want to play for a while.

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-24-2008, 07:29 PM
That has been like that for me a while back though not so much now. Normally when I get new games, I'd be so absorbed into them that I would play them for hours non-stop, then suddenly I was no longer getting into them, I'd just get bored with them. This happened sometime in the middle of playing Persona 3 (which is a lovely game but I haven't gotten past the end of August due to lack of interest). Part of this is due to the fact that between work and school, I do not always have the time to play as much. As well as the fact that the TV my PS2 and Wii are hooked up to are in the living room which is a haunt of my roommate though I have been told that any time I want the TV just ask since she has one in her room (but I just do not have the heart to). Since then most games I have I haven't finished (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Super Mario Galaxy, God of War and Rogue Galaxy). Some of the games I find fun but I just invariably get bored of them. I have to admit that lately I have been playing quite a bit of Twilight Princess, Kingdom Heats II and a lot of FFXII, so I think it is changing. Maybe I will play so Ocarina of Time today on Virtual Console since I have the day off... :/

ljkkjlcm9
03-24-2008, 07:30 PM
Let me put it this way

I greatly enjoy a game at first, but my enjoyment of the games decreases a lot faster than it use to. Honest to god, I'm getting tired of Brawl even.

THE JACKEL

scrumpleberry
03-24-2008, 07:31 PM
Oh yes, we were supposed to refer to ourselves, weren't we?

For me it kinda comes in waves. I can be very much into video games/just one certain video game for like a couple of months, but then afterwards I can sometimes go for a long time without even turning on any of my video game consoles. I guess it's a matter of what mood I'm in or something.

So, to answer your question: No, my general love for video games haven't really decreased, but my mood sometimes make me not want to play for a while.

^ yyyup.

Mirage
03-24-2008, 07:34 PM
Do you think that's because the quality of the games have declined, or that familiar formulas disappoint in newer games?

I think it's because it's simply not surprising or original anymore. You've seen familiar elements so much before that it becomes predictable and boring, even though you might have thought it was absolutely amazing had it been the first game you had ever played.

KentaRawr!
03-24-2008, 07:50 PM

I think it's because it's simply not surprising or original anymore. You've seen familiar elements so much before that it becomes predictable and boring, even though you might have thought it was absolutely amazing had it been the first game you had ever played.
That would go under the second choice, familiar formulas disappointing. :monster:

Roto13
03-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Fewer games keep my interest now than when I was a kid, but that's almost definitely because my standards are higher now. There are still games that suck me in and I want to play them to death. Currently Brawl is doing that for me. :P

Shoeberto
03-24-2008, 08:13 PM
With having a heavy course load and trying to fit in work between it, I find time for video games to be a precious commodity. I can't just casually say I'm going to sit and play a game for a few hours. When I do play them, it's an experience I savor, immersing myself fully into the world and really going over the details in my head. It's really the best escape I have from all of the stuff I have to do otherwise, so I don't find myself growing bored or tired of them too much.

Markus. D
03-24-2008, 08:24 PM
I have other things to take care of these days... so I don't really have time for it anymore :[...

Persona 3 still gets an hour+ within my day though ^_^

Captain Maxx Power
03-24-2008, 09:31 PM

One could say the same thing of film and television. There is innovation out there, you just need to know where to look (hint: PC). Personally I see games as being like any form of entertainment; it's not so much if it is new but rather what is done with the medium. For me I tend to hunt down games that invoke strong emotions and create a certain atmosphere. Innovation is nice, but it's not the be all and end all.

Nifleheim7
03-24-2008, 10:06 PM
In my view,it's the same as eating something you like so many times that after some point you start feeling sick of it.
I don't find my interest in games decreasing,i feel quite the opposite to tell you the truth.I used to be a huge movie and comic book fan in the 90's but after some point i realized that the format of these forms of entertainment is so stagnated,limited and full of close minded people that are really affraid to take risks (i'm talking mostly about hollywood and american comics),it made me appreciate more the format of games and the possibilities it has.
I don't play games as much as i used to play but that is only because i have other pressing matters in my life right now.And this,somehow,makes me want to play games much more.
I know i'll never have the feeling i had when i first started playing games (or watching movies or reading comics) again but i don't blame the games for that.It's something it happens naturally as we "mature" with the hobby we enjoy.
Personally i'm more excited about video games in general than any other form of entertainment.
:)

Xander
03-24-2008, 10:56 PM
Yeah definately, I find it really hard to get very into games these days, so I look for simple games that I can pick up and play a little bit at a time, but nothing too in depth.. I think for me it's mostly cos I started working full time, being really busy and my mind is always a little full of stress and thinking what has to be done and planned and what not, so I find it hard to a) find the time to really concentrate on games, and b) to get in a relaxed gaming frame of mind, I guess.

I realised that I did kinda miss playing games though, so I found some games I could get into more easily, and mostly just DS games so I can take them on the train or when I'm staying somewhere for work. Has to be stuff where I can save at any point really. I think hardcore RPGing is a thing of the past for me, but I still love games :)

Depression Moon
03-24-2008, 11:07 PM
I still love games just as much as I used to. Maybe you need something to spark up the plugs like getting a lot of friends over to play Smash and what is the DC era?

Pete for President
03-24-2008, 11:12 PM
My interest for gaming has decreased aswell. Things just aren't as exciting anymore as they used to be imo.

Just now, I'm replaying MGS 1, lovin' it, and I hardly play my PS3 games.

Dreddz
03-24-2008, 11:33 PM
and what is the DC era?

Dreamcast silly.

Mirage
03-24-2008, 11:53 PM
Did that last long enough to get an entire era for itself? :p

Old Manus
03-24-2008, 11:55 PM
I have more interesting things to do, such as women, drugs and alcohol. Online COD4 is always good for a few hours after work though.

LunarWeaver
03-25-2008, 12:07 AM
I'm still a hooj gamer. It's pretty much my only hobby and I do it as much as possible since I hate everyone.

I don't replay them as much as I used to, though. I wonder if that's just an effect of getting older. It's like when you're a kid you watch one movie over and over. When I was a tweenie I could play a game 3 times in a row, and I definitely can't do that now.

I will say I'm spoiled at least. There are some amazing games out there that make others in the genre look like crap. I can't play the mediocre stuff, but I don't think that means my interest has dwindled.

KentaRawr!
03-25-2008, 12:22 AM
I always looked at the Dreamcast as the first of the previous generation.

Madame Adequate
03-25-2008, 12:28 AM
I still get into games a lot, but I've simply less time for it nowadays. I've got college to work on, and right now that's pretty significant. I also spend a lot more time on the PC than I used to, on account of Rye. But that means I'm just spending more time with PC games in windows, or flash games. I've played plenty of Oblivion, Soulstorm, and Protector lately. And I always make sure to get an hour or two of TF2 in.

I Took the Red Pill
03-25-2008, 03:39 AM
Yes.

Evastio
03-25-2008, 03:48 AM
I wouldn't say it has. Although the games that have been coming out recently aren't really the kind of games I enjoy (with some exceptions like Super Smash Bros. Brawl).

Bart's Friend Milhouse
03-25-2008, 03:48 AM
I have yet to experience much of the current generation of gaming and it doesn't particularly interest me either. I still play some of my older stuff though

Bolivar
03-25-2008, 05:03 AM
For the last 1-2 years I've been playing mostly old games, if it wasn't for my DS I'd probably be playing them exclusively. I've only got 3 games for the PS3, I've been playing PS2 games alot waiting for their new sequels to be released.

Alot of people feel that since the telecommunications act was passed in 1997, music, movies, and to a lesser extent but even still, video games have been watered down year after year. There's still good stuff out there, you gotta know where to find it, or dig for older gems, it's the same with games. Alot of stuff in the last year has been good, and this year should be pretty damn great.

Montoya
03-25-2008, 06:52 AM
I'm with most people here that their enjoyment in video games has declined drastically, if there is any enjoyment whatsoever. I would put my estimate as to four years ago when I stopped playing video games religiously and got distracted with other areas of my life.
The last game that I played and couldn't put down was Resident Evil 4, but even then it didn't revive my hobby of playing. I've bought some games since then, but probably completed less than half of them. The only system I can have some fun with is my DS, and that's to play GBA games. I don't know, I used to love playing and I wish I still had time. However, even with free time I'd still choose something else. Oh well, at least I still have the old games.

Skyblade
03-25-2008, 02:17 PM
Not exactly. What has decreased is my interest in console gaming. My love of handheld gaming only continues to grow. Then too, handhelds have a lot of my favorite games on them. Golden Sun, Fire Emblem, and remakes of a ton of SNES classics that I can take anywhere (no Crono Trigger though, :(). I also think that the quality of the games has changed some. There are far fewer games that I can just sink my life into anymore, the way I could with Crono Trigger or FFVII. The new games just don't seem to have the quality that makes older games "epic" anymore (though there are exceptions).

Madame Adequate
03-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Rogue Galaxy, Hotel Dusk, Burning Crusade, Supreme Commander, God of War II, GRAW 2, C&C 3, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, Civ IV: Beyond the Sword, Persona 3, BioShock, skate., Assassin's Creed, Eternal Sonata, World in Conflict, Halo 3, The Orange Box, Contra 4, Ace Combat 6, Guitar Hero III, Crysis, Mass Effect, Rock Band, Call of Duty 4.

That's an incomplete list of generally highly-regarded games released in 2007.

So yeah, I don't buy the argument that there's fewer good games to play these days.

Skyblade
03-25-2008, 04:07 PM
"Highly regarded" does not equal "great".

Madame Adequate
03-25-2008, 04:10 PM
I was actually trying to avoid claiming any of those are absolutely definitively all-time classics, because if I did that some joker would be in here crying about how I said Halo 3 is so great and why didn't I include S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and then someone would have to call the whaaaaambulance and it'd all get messy.

But no. I couldn't avoid that after all. You had to ruin it. Fine. Here's a list of games released in 2007 that are totally smurfing awesome: Rogue Galaxy, Hotel Dusk, Burning Crusade, Supreme Commander, God of War II, GRAW 2, C&C 3, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, Civ IV: Beyond the Sword, Persona 3, BioShock, skate., Assassin's Creed, Eternal Sonata, World in Conflict, Halo 3, The Orange Box, Contra 4, Ace Combat 6, Guitar Hero III, Crysis, Mass Effect, Rock Band, Call of Duty 4. Edit: And S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Skyblade
03-25-2008, 04:15 PM
Sorry, MILF. But see, that list I can and will disagree with. Those games are good. I enjoyed them, and I enjoyed plenty that aren't on that list. I'm not saying that the games released in recent years are bad. They're not, there are some truly brilliant ones. But none of them suck me into them and make me play them for months on end the way other games used to (and still do, whenever I start them up). I would call those games on the list "good" games. But it's been quite a while since there has been a "great" game out.

Araciel
03-25-2008, 07:19 PM
I get really bored with any video game really quickly if I'm not playing against or with other real people, be it online or in the same room.

Renmiri
03-25-2008, 07:20 PM
I feel the same. It's rare to get a game compelling enough to finish nowadays. I had to push myself to finish FFXII, haven't finished Lair, Elder Scrolls, Uncharted or RW. Just can't care about the story.

I think RPGs are getting lamer :(

KentaRawr!
03-25-2008, 11:46 PM
"Highly regarded" does not equal "great".

It does for those who regarded them highly, you silly duck. :p

Madame Adequate
03-26-2008, 01:19 AM
Sorry, MILF. But see, that list I can and will disagree with. Those games are good. I enjoyed them, and I enjoyed plenty that aren't on that list. I'm not saying that the games released in recent years are bad. They're not, there are some truly brilliant ones. But none of them suck me into them and make me play them for months on end the way other games used to (and still do, whenever I start them up). I would call those games on the list "good" games. But it's been quite a while since there has been a "great" game out.

I see what you're saying. But it's subjective. I mean, the new Pokemons? I think they are way better than the old Red/Blue ones, but I played the old ones much much more. I've played more X-Com, Alpha Centauri, and Civilization III than anything else, certainly more than anything released in the past year. But I think that's to do with me, not with the games. I honestly can't find fault with CoD4, for instance, beyond the lack of split screen multiplayer. The game is utterly fantastic, and I honestly believe it's one of the best ever made. The fact that I don't devote myself to playing it so much is partly because of the genre, and partly because I don't play the same games the same way I used to. I don't have time where I can spend two weeks playing X-Com for 14 hours a day, like I did when I was 10.

ljkkjlcm9
03-26-2008, 01:31 AM
Here's a list of games released in 2007 that are totally smurfing awesome: Rogue Galaxy, Hotel Dusk, Burning Crusade, Supreme Commander, God of War II, GRAW 2, C&C 3, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, Civ IV: Beyond the Sword, Persona 3, BioShock, skate., Assassin's Creed, Eternal Sonata, World in Conflict, Halo 3, The Orange Box, Contra 4, Ace Combat 6, Guitar Hero III, Crysis, Mass Effect, Rock Band, Call of Duty 4. Edit: And S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

There isn't a single game on that list I bought last year. Not a single one interested me enough to buy it.

Sad part is, I don't even remember what games I bought last year... except when I bought my Wii, getting Twilight Princess.

THE JACKEL

Momiji
03-26-2008, 02:10 AM
Just try playing a different genre of game. For the longest time, I played RPGs and that's pretty much it. Nowadays, I'm rather tired of them. I now like to play fighting games, puzzle games, and vertical shooters (shmups).

darkchrono
03-30-2008, 12:32 AM
Generally RPG's has a rather young fan club. Video games are probably more popular than they ever have been and have more adult players than they ever have but generally the rpg genre is not one that spands the different age ranges.

Most adults are either playing sports games or online games. The RPG genre usually starts dying out in your late teens or early twenties.

RPG games are generally geared towards young people. And when you start getting more and more into the adult world rpg's tend to start becoming a little more childish.

What they need to do is start creating rpg's with a more adult theme surrounding them. There probably are a few rpg's out there like that but the vast majority are still 14 year olds saving the universe.

Roto13
03-30-2008, 12:37 AM
^^ I think that applies more to JRPGs than anything.

darkchrono
03-30-2008, 12:44 AM
And since this is a website dedicated to a JRPG chain chances are the majority of the people on this forum play JRPG's the most.

Raebus
03-30-2008, 02:17 AM
Ah, the good old assuming game.

darkchrono
03-30-2008, 02:29 AM
Alot of the people on here probably joined this site because they like rpg's (and in particular japanese rpg's). It's not really an assumption matter. It's a common sense matter.

I would doubt you would find to many maddenaholics posting on eyes on final fantasy.

Bolivar
03-30-2008, 03:37 AM
Alot of the people on here probably joined this site because they like rpg's (and in particular japanese rpg's). It's not really an assumption matter. It's a common sense matter.

I would doubt you would find to many maddenaholics posting on eyes on final fantasy.

^ Obviously true. But I have to say, I haven't played Western RPGs as much as JRPGs, but I rarely find WRPGs dealing with many themes outsid e of the fantasy worlds they reside in. As early as FFVI, square was dealing with teen pregnancy, suicide, and identity.

This debate over whether or not great games are still being made brings me back to one of the most overlooked, yet important contributions the industry has made: Sega Channel.

I remember at any time I could easily find a new game that I could easily dedicate myself to for countless hours. On one hand, I want to say that I've grown, and I'm not as easy to please as I was when I was 10/younger. At the same time, it is very much games that have changed. For one, it's kinda weird noticing that nowadays, it's required for games to have a storyline with cutscenes entailing it. We constantly view "story" as one of the most important factor when judging a game (again relating back to darkchrono's assertion that most here are familiar with JRPGs). Yet not even very long ago, many (I want to say most) games didn't have any story at all, YOU SIMPLY PLAYED THEM. I wanna say creativity has suffered, as games require not just a story, but a genre to mold itself into. But at the same time, you have the wii and other things like the motion-sensoring camera that we discussed in another thread. I don't know, it's weird.

smittenkitten
03-30-2008, 09:29 AM
I'm quite a gamer. I actually get too hardcore with gaming. :p I've gotten into Halo 3 recently and all I can think is "Got to Play Halo now!". I think it's better when playing with friends than just yourself or it gets boring but it all depends on the game. I finished playing Crysis like hundred times and it did get slightly boring but once I get in there I'm a soldier. :)

Madame Adequate
03-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Here's a list of games released in 2007 that are totally smurfing awesome: Rogue Galaxy, Hotel Dusk, Burning Crusade, Supreme Commander, God of War II, GRAW 2, C&C 3, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, Civ IV: Beyond the Sword, Persona 3, BioShock, skate., Assassin's Creed, Eternal Sonata, World in Conflict, Halo 3, The Orange Box, Contra 4, Ace Combat 6, Guitar Hero III, Crysis, Mass Effect, Rock Band, Call of Duty 4. Edit: And S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

There isn't a single game on that list I bought last year. Not a single one interested me enough to buy it.

I'd say that's to do with you more than the games.

darkchrono
03-30-2008, 03:48 PM

^ Obviously true. But I have to say, I haven't played Western RPGs as much as JRPGs, but I rarely find WRPGs dealing with many themes outsid e of the fantasy worlds they reside in. As early as FFVI, square was dealing with teen pregnancy, suicide, and identity.

This debate over whether or not great games are still being made brings me back to one of the most overlooked, yet important contributions the industry has made: Sega Channel.

I remember at any time I could easily find a new game that I could easily dedicate myself to for countless hours. On one hand, I want to say that I've grown, and I'm not as easy to please as I was when I was 10/younger. At the same time, it is very much games that have changed. For one, it's kinda weird noticing that nowadays, it's required for games to have a storyline with cutscenes entailing it. We constantly view "story" as one of the most important factor when judging a game (again relating back to darkchrono's assertion that most here are familiar with JRPGs). Yet not even very long ago, many (I want to say most) games didn't have any story at all, YOU SIMPLY PLAYED THEM. I wanna say creativity has suffered, as games require not just a story, but a genre to mold itself into. But at the same time, you have the wii and other things like the motion-sensoring camera that we discussed in another thread. I don't know, it's weird.

There is one key statement that you said in that first paragraph that indicates what the square games have been about and why people might lose interest in them eventually. You said that the final fantasies have been dealing with teen pregnancy, suicide, and identity.

What do all three of those themes have in common? They are all teenaged issues. That's the thing with most rpg's. Even if the issues they bring up are fairly serious. They are still young people's issues. And I imagine all the main characters ages within those games that those themes take place in are -one wiley old vet at age 31. One character who isn't necessarily old but isn't necessarily young either at age 25. Three or four of the heroes (who will be the central characters of the game) at ages 17 or 18. And about one or two characters who are considered young but not young enough to where they can't fight at about age 10.

That's the thing with the vast majority of rpg's. They are geared towards the teenaged game player and the stories are wrapped around the issues that that teenaged player might be going through at the time.

Now that is absolutely fine for them. But that also indicates why rpg's are not the type of genre that can be transfered from one age range to the other.

If they started creating rpg's with more adult themes to them, and dealt with issues that alot of adults go through, and the ages of the characters fit in with the adult world a little bit more (i.e. the 17 and 18 year olds get left at home because they would get beat up to easily and emotionally wouldn't be able to handle the troubles they would face along the way) I think you would find that rpg's would find alot vaster player base than it has now.

Krelian
03-30-2008, 05:04 PM
It's true that most RPGs target younger players. I don't enjoy playing them as much as I used to either. Most of the time when I start a new RPG I find myself being bored half-way into the game :/ I couldn't get myself to finish FFXII, Kingdom Hearts 2 and Suikoden Tactics yet, for example. An exception is Lost Odyssey. I'm enjoying that game immensely, it actually even reminds me of the time I first played Final Fantasy VII, which got me into the whole RPG genre.

I've always enjoyed a variety of genres though, so even if I stop playing RPGs completely there'll always be other games to play :)

But there are times when I don't feel like playing games at all. Once I didn't touch any game for more than half a year. It comes and goes though, I still have fun playing games and I don't intend to give up that hobby anytime soon.

Roto13
03-30-2008, 05:08 PM
I can still appreciate the gameplay of JRPGs as much as I used to, so I still have fun with them. The stories are pretty cringeworthy a lot of the time, though.

Dreddz
03-30-2008, 05:31 PM
Its kind of hard to get sick of jrpg's when hardly any come out anymore.

darkchrono
03-30-2008, 05:33 PM
How many games a year does square usually release these days?

Alucard von Elru
03-30-2008, 07:53 PM
My passion for gaming has never faded, but the amount of time I spend certainly has. This mostly has to do with how life becomes, well, real after you get out of school and suddenly I don't have the free time that I did just a few years ago. Because of my lack of time, I've also started getting very, very selective with what I play. If a game doesn't impress me right away, I'm not as likely to give it a chance as I used to be. However, as previously stated, my passion for games is still quite strong. When I'm not playing games, I'm at least thinking about them, practically all the time, while doing other things.

Realm25
04-02-2008, 09:24 AM
I'm definitely losing interest in gaming. I'll go to GameStop and browse games for like, an hour, looking at all of them over and over, and leave empty handed because nothing interests me.

Before, I'd go to GameStop and leave with 3 or 4 titles. Right now, I only have Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy 12, Wild ARMs 3, Wild ARMs 5, Rogue Galaxy, and Fire Pro Wrestling Returns. I probably wont finish either Wild ARMs, I absolutely despise Final Fantasy 12, I have no interest in X anymore because I beat it three times, and I beat Rogue Galaxy once, and have no interest in that now..that leaves a low budget 2d wrestling game.

Back about 5-6 years ago I'd have anywhere from 20-40 games. sports, flight sims, fighters, wrestling games, rpg's, action/adventure, fps, you name it I had it.

I even completely lost all interest in WoW, which many people get heavily addicted to. I have no real theory as to why I've lost interest in gaming. It may be a mentality that I'm 26 years old and need to do something more with my life, it may be because I'm stuck in a dead-end 4 year relationship that keeps me heavily depressed..I dunno!

McLovin'
04-02-2008, 03:38 PM
The only reason I don't game as much is because I can't get a PS3 and thus the million games I want for it =/

Avarice-ness
04-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Eh, tired of new games?

Yeah, I think the "newest" anything I still play is WoW and that's because I'm addicted.

Other than that, I've always loved the SNES gaming age better than the PS and above age, so finding me playing SNES games almost everyday isn't really an odd thing.

darkchrono
04-03-2008, 01:16 AM
Eh, tired of new games?

Yeah, I think the "newest" anything I still play is WoW and that's because I'm addicted.

Other than that, I've always loved the SNES gaming age better than the PS and above age, so finding me playing SNES games almost everyday isn't really an odd thing.

I assume the snes is the system that you were introduced to video games on (so you have real nostalgia for it).

Kind of like for me in that the old King's quest computer games were some of the first games I ever played when I was really young. So even though I know that they are trash compared to alot of stuff they have out now I prefer alot of the old games like that simply for nostalgic purposes.

Probably twenty years from now people will be talking about the ps3 games and how those games were so much better than the ps5 or ps6 games, lol.

Jess
04-03-2008, 03:47 AM
I played hardly any games for nearly two years (except another play through of FFIX) up until recently. I still don't game as much as I used to but I play Halo 3 online on the 360. I much prefer playing games with other people rather than on my own now. :jess:

Madame Adequate
04-03-2008, 03:50 AM
I, too, enjoy utterly destroying Daniel Towns. :)