PDA

View Full Version : Most addicting game of all time

Blackheart252
03-24-2008, 07:49 PM
The question is simple, What do you think is the most *ADDICTING* of all time?

I, myself, have to say Viva Pinata, i know its retarded, and seems like its for kids, but as soon as I picked up the controller, i couldn't put it down until my 360 shut off from overheating.

Captain Maxx Power
03-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Diablo 2, hands down. I could play it for days. DAYS!

Roto13
03-24-2008, 10:00 PM
In the good way, a puzzle game. In the bad way, a mumorpuguh.

leader of mortals
03-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Radiata Stories... I have well over 150 hours and I have replayed it about 10 times

Madame Adequate
03-24-2008, 11:59 PM
Alpha Centauri.

Shoeberto
03-25-2008, 12:29 AM
The only game/game series I've come back to, consistently, month after month since I've had it has been Super Smash Bros. for multiplayer. I think everything else, within a few months or so, ends up feeling old to me.

Araciel
03-25-2008, 01:41 AM
Tetris.

Tavrobel
03-25-2008, 01:56 AM

For days? That's it? Days? DAYS?

Tetris.

Yes.

LanceOfTime
03-25-2008, 06:46 PM
world of warcraft -.- ....I PWN YOU BLACKHEART :-.0 thats a face with a mole and its sexy....

Pe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nis slab of nasty cherry pie Pe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nisPe---nis I suggest that you not ever do this again. ~ Leeza

William Rumsey is my ZERO HERO

Also, do not double or triple or post anything other than one post. ~ Leeza

TheOne
03-25-2008, 06:55 PM
DBZ BT3 its stubid and easy but it is a pritty fun for a kid game.

JKTrix
03-25-2008, 06:59 PM
Nuh-uh, you did *not* just diss DBZ BT3! DBZ BT3 is awesome.

For me, in terms of life-suckingly addicting it would Animal Crossing and Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. Both of them I played obsessively for incredible amounts of time until I just suddenly stopped (out of necessity, not boredom). I have never touched either game since for fear of relapse.

Momiji
03-26-2008, 02:06 AM
Puzzle games and shmups are pretty addictive, in my opinion.

Shlup
03-26-2008, 02:15 AM
The Sims 2. It eats my soul.

blim
03-26-2008, 04:55 AM
Age of Empires had me losing days at a time, as does Football Manager and LOTRO.

When FF VII came out 4 of us in the house got so addicted my landlady sold our copy when we were all out so she wouldn't have to watch us all playing it constantly. (of course i just went and got another copy)

Germ Hamee
03-26-2008, 07:12 AM
It's a tie between The Sims 2 and Civilization IV. I have lost weeks of my life to both of these games, and keep coming back for more.

I'm also somewhat addicted to getting my butt whooped on Tetris DS wifi.

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-26-2008, 07:20 AM
Civ IV when I play steals my soul. I will play hours on end without rest or food. x-x;

I also am surprised to say that on one save file for FFXII I have almost 90 hours. Which might not be a lot for some of you, but for me it is. I more often than not play a game several times over than play one save file continuously. With that, I'd say KHII. Both the game play for those games are addictive. I actually sometimes just play KHII to go around and kill heartless for fun.

Necronopticous
03-26-2008, 07:58 AM
Dwarf Fortress (http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves).

Randgris
03-26-2008, 08:27 AM
The SIMS Collection...

Dragonsoul
03-26-2008, 09:07 AM
For me it was Warcraft 2, the only other game that came close was Starcraft and I did play a ton of Starcraft. I would often play Starcraft for many hours a day but I remember spending the entire night playing Warcraft 2, it was my first real-time strategy game. I'm currently playing Warcraft 3 but don't like it as much as those ones, although it's great. :D

Aerith's Knight
03-26-2008, 03:35 PM
AoE, Warcraft original, SoF2, dune 2, mario kart[SNES], zelda[NES], C&C:Generals MP

Spuuky
03-26-2008, 08:52 PM
Defense of the Ancients (a Warcraft 3 mod) is unequivocally the most addicting game. I addict to games easily, frequently playing them pretty indefinitely, but that game... everyone who plays it can't stop playing it. The world is fortunate that it isn't really that well-known, because I can't imagine what would happen.

Breine
03-27-2008, 12:19 PM

Yeah, every time I start a new file in that game I'm playing it for hours on end. Also, when playing through Final Fantasy IX for the first time I was very addicted to it.

Gilghamut
03-27-2008, 01:32 PM
Oblivion comes close, imo, but however, I feel the most addicting game of all time hasn't been created yet.

KoShiatar
03-27-2008, 01:50 PM
To me, it is Bust-A-Move 3 (arcade version) and Diablo II. I reinstalled it just recently and it's like a drug. O_O

Bakamut
03-28-2008, 08:07 AM
I think that World of Warcraft is notoriously addictive, likewise lots of mmorpgs... I found Final Fantasy games to be incredibly addictive, I couldn't take my eyes off the screen for days except to eat and sleep a little.

I Took the Red Pill
03-28-2008, 12:12 PM
Civilization IV.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
03-28-2008, 10:53 PM
The Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time (N64)

Final Fantasy IX (PS1)

The Legend of Dragoon (PS1)

Flying Mullet
03-28-2008, 10:58 PM
D2 has my vote too. Not only can it addict me for days but I'll find myself coming back to it again after a couple of months away from it and getting addicted all over again.

Nominus Experse
03-28-2008, 11:23 PM
Diablo II

This game makes divorces happen.

Moon Rabbits
03-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Dwarf Fortress (http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves).

So I've heard! I've yet to try this game out yet, though.

darkchrono
03-29-2008, 02:21 AM
During the first play through definitely it would be xenogears. Xenogears has a story that is totally unmatched by anything else in the video game world.

Usually games that are not story-driven I tend to play off and on. Will play it for awhile than go practically a month or more without playing at all (so I tend not to get so addicted to those types of games to where I feel like I have to play every single day).

Alucard von Elru
03-29-2008, 06:14 AM
Devil May Cry easily. Not all the sequels of drastically varying quality, but the Hideki Kamiya original. Good god I loved that game. I beat that game once a day, every day for, like, three years. o.O Name any ridiculous thing you can possibly do in that game, and I could usually do it. I've never replayed a game so many times before or since. So obviously, it's one of my favourite games ever. I don't touch it anymore though, for obvious reasons. :P

Alex151
03-29-2008, 08:52 AM
I gotta throw out Hexic HD, I find myself playing that through the night when there's nothing else to do, and its quite addicting.

Heath
03-29-2008, 04:42 PM
I got pretty addicted to Ragnarok Online several years ago, but I think that was as much for the people who played it as the game itself. I think my most recent addiction has been to Perfect Dark now that I've played it again. Fantastic game.

Crossblades
03-30-2008, 12:32 AM
I find myself being addicted to Mario Superstar Baseball since its release back in 2005. It's just so much fun =)

Momiji
03-30-2008, 01:08 AM
I got pretty addicted to Ragnarok Online several years ago, but I think that was as much for the people who played it as the game itself.

Yeah, but then when you realize you're endlessly grinding a class that will never be as good as the horribly broken classes (Assassin Cross, Lord Knight, anyone who goes out of their way to buy donation items, people who get free stuff from GMs, etc.) you notice how much time you're wasting playing legitimately.

Unless you're playing on a high-rate server. Then you hit max level in no time and it isn't even fun. :sweat:

Heath
03-30-2008, 01:36 AM
This was back before the classes such as Assassin Cross and Lord Knight were introduced so it wasn't quite so bad. It's not a terribly interesting game, I enjoyed the game mostly for the people on the server.

smittenkitten
03-30-2008, 09:40 AM
Civilization IV.
Totally agree, the amount of times I've clicked the "Just one more turn" option. Me and Daniel though gets bored when we are doing well so we just start again. The begining is the best bit. ^__^ I've gotten a bit addcited to Halo 3 recently and other games I got addcited to would be Wolfenstein - Enemy Teritory and Crysis which = :heart:! I also have an iScetch problem, but it's so good. :(

Breine
03-31-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm surprised no one said Acrowars yet.

Rantz
03-31-2008, 02:49 PM
Copter (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/copter)

Realm25
04-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Easy...Diablo 2. I got it in 2001, still play it today. Granted, I hardly play it now..but, you know, 30-40 minutes here or there. Back in the day I'd spend all day and night on, so it gets my vote.

I know some people will probably say WoW, blah..WoW couldn't hold my interest anymore than watching paint dry.

NeoCracker
04-02-2008, 09:19 AM
HArvest moon.

How can I be the first one to say this in 3 pages?

You people fail.

Realm25
04-02-2008, 10:42 PM
HArvest moon.

How can I be the first one to say this in 3 pages?

You people fail.

Harvest Moon, a game I tried so hard to like because of everything good I heard about it over the years...but man, I just cant. It bores the hell out of me.

Roto13
04-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Harvest Moon is weird because it's really addicting at first, but then it gets really, really repetitive.

Shauna
04-02-2008, 11:12 PM
I generally find that any game I play, until I complete the game or give up, I get a certain addiction to. So, I don't really know any game that I would say is most addictive for me. :D

ljkkjlcm9
04-02-2008, 11:38 PM
I loved tetris attack on the SNES
the latest version being Planet Puzzle League for the DS

THE JACKEL

Jess
04-04-2008, 12:26 AM
It used to eat my soul until my old laptop refused to play it for longer than 20 minutes without restarting. I've yet to install it since I got a new laptop, which is probably a good thing.

I used to spend a lot of time playing AoE II online but my router refuses nowadays. At the moment, it's probably Halo 3 but I use my brothers 360 because I don't have my own so that stops me from over-playing it. :jess:

Other addicting games for me are; Nuts on the ITbox. I win money and then I spend it on playing more. :mad2: