PDA

View Full Version : Layering Glitch? *small spoilers*

arcanedude34
03-25-2008, 09:56 PM
In WoR, in Mobilz after you get Terra (on the GBA) I'm able to walk OVER the tops of buildings and the gravestones at the bottom of the map. Intentional, layering glitch, or messed up cartridge, I don't know. Any ideas? I think it's my cartridge, cuz the house-tileset layering is messed up too (I can walk on tables and the black stuff just outside the room)

Flying Mullet
03-25-2008, 09:58 PM
I've never seen that before but I've only played through the GBA version once so I can't be sure if it's intentional or a glitch.

arcanedude34
03-25-2008, 10:06 PM
I think its a glitch. It basically makes everything thats supposed to be over me under me. I hope it doesn't mess up my files or anything...

blackmage_nuke
03-26-2008, 06:03 AM
Doesnt seem to be happening to me.

Tried blowing the dust out of the cartridge slot?

I dont know if you kids do that anymore.

Flying Mullet
03-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Doesnt seem to be happening to me.

Tried blowing the dust out of the cartridge slot?

I dont know if you kids do that anymore.
I try not to do that as it can speed up the oxidation of the connectors.

blackmage_nuke
03-26-2008, 02:01 PM
Point a mini fan at it then?

Roogle
03-26-2008, 05:07 PM
This may be a glitch specific to Final Fantasy VI Advance. Do you know whether or not you can do that at any time in Mobliz or was it only after a certain event?

arcanedude34
03-27-2008, 02:54 AM
It was as soon as you get Terra when I first noticed it, but I left, saved, and went back and it still did it. It seems to turn off and on now, as the character will occasionally be above a tile they're not supposed to for a split second and return to normal, and sometimes I can just walk on things completely... weird.

blackmage_nuke
03-27-2008, 05:56 AM
Take a screen shot of it and show us. That might help

arcanedude34
03-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Sure, if I can get it to happen again, it's becoming less common now. And the best I'd be able to do is w/ a digital camera, as I don't have anything to take screens on my GBA.

Flying Mullet
03-27-2008, 09:08 PM
I'll have to grab my GBA and see if it happens to me.

arcanedude34
03-28-2008, 01:02 AM
I think it's a faulty unit, cuz Death Gaze shows up WAY too frequently...

Poopcannon
03-30-2008, 10:20 PM
Maybe he just likes you haha

Deathgaze, in the SNES version anyway, is sitting in a specific part of the map each time, so you have to find him, not the other way around. I don't know if it's the same for the GBA though...

Flying Mullet
04-09-2008, 10:00 PM
I headed to Mobliz on my GBA version the other evening. I entered and exited town several times and also entered and exited the buildings in town several times. I was never able to recreate the glitch you are seeing so I'm guessing it's specific to your cartridge.

arcanedude34
04-12-2008, 01:55 AM
No, I just mean that in all the times I've played VI, he never turned up so frequently as he does now. And the layering glitch apparently stopped working now.

On another note, did anyone think it was weird that you could cut part of your character off in Phoenix Cave on the first door? Or is that just another cartridge fault. >_>