PDA

View Full Version : FFVII BS or Crisis core BS?(Battle System)

Aerith's Knight
03-26-2008, 04:25 AM
What did you guys think? It seemed to me that Crisis core turned out to be a little like KH, but with better controls. I think I like the FFVII BS better, because you actually have time to choose the right attack and such, while now it a lot like button bashing..

Elly
03-26-2008, 05:47 AM
well it's an ActionRPG not a standardRPG, SE has had a liking for the ActionRPG genre here recentaly as it draws fans from two different gaming communities thus increasing their customer base, the loss of a few disgruntled Old-School Purists is of little consequence in comparison to the added consumer base this move generated... honestly i can't wait for mine to get in, i pre-ordered it to get the UMD Case but didn't pay for next day delivery cuz i'm poor like that, so i still have maybe another 2-3 days left to wait for mine...

Aerith's Knight
03-26-2008, 06:07 AM
I feel for you ;__; .. I played a couple hours when i got off work, but my battery went empty :o .. now i have to recharge it *sigh*

Dont feel like playing outside of the comfy couch i always sit on.

But with this new system, you do indeed get an entire new fanbase who wouldnt have liked the turn-base one.

smart move.. but still.. i liked turn base better.. ill need time to get used to this.

Dreddz
03-26-2008, 01:27 PM
Crisis Cores's battle system is essentially the same as the Tales series. I personally found it too straight forward and hated the fact that you had no control over when and what limit break you perform.

FFVII's battle system is very generic but I still like it despite being so familier with the set up. I also like the fact that I have better control over my characters unlike Crisis Core where I find myself dying because It wont allow me to cancel my attack, even though its in real time.

phbr
03-26-2008, 04:24 PM
I didn't like CC's battle system at all. Evading is way to easy and overpowered and the whole DMW thing was just horribly random and often annoying ("yeah nice, that's the fifth Aerith/Cissnei Limit in a row now, please stop")

So I guess I prefer the FFVII battle system

Roogle
03-26-2008, 04:39 PM
I think that it would have been interesting to see Crisis Core with a traditional battle system and Final Fantasy VII with an action-oriented battle system even for just a little while. I think that a mix of traditional and untraditional battle systems work fairly well for gameplay, but games that do that tend to perform below average on the story. Final Fantasy X-2 had very good gameplay, but I think that it failed to resonate with gamers because of its campy story.

Spawn of Sephiroth
03-26-2008, 06:59 PM
I love the new battle system. It took a little while to get used to, but now it just seems like I'm playing Kingdom Hearts. This game is better than what I thought I'd be. I'd give it an 8.75/9 out of 10