PDA

View Full Version : New non-FF, non-DQ Squenix DS game that isn't The World Ends With You

Roto13
03-26-2008, 04:16 PM
http://www.dsfanboy.com/2008/03/26/square-enix-reveals-new-adventure-rpg-sigma-harmonics/

Could it be that they're actually making an effort make more games that aren't Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and Kingdom Hearts?

Bolivar
03-27-2008, 04:11 AM
1. Why is this in General Final Fantasy?

2. Have you heard of Children of Mana? Or Heroes? Or Mario Hoops? Or Front Mission? Or...well you get the idea.

Roto13
03-27-2008, 07:26 AM
1) Because you touch yourself at night.

2) Yes, I've heard of all of those god awful games. The thing is, they only put any real effort into their two-and-a-half cash cows.

Karellen
03-27-2008, 07:43 AM
Could it be that they're actually making an effort make more games that aren't Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and Kingdom Hearts?
Not really. Apparently they've relegated this off to the talent behind Dirge of Cerberus.

Jessweeee♪
03-29-2008, 07:07 AM
an "adventure RPG" promising a murder-mystery narrative, an interesting combination. According to initial translations of the article, the story takes its cues from Persona 4's (PS2) suspense-filled plot, and the game will be presented book-style with the DS turned sideways.

That's all I need :cool:

Avarice-ness
04-02-2008, 06:31 PM

2. Have you heard of Children of Mana? Or Heroes? Or Mario Hoops? Or Front Mission? Or...well you get the idea.

Uh.

You do know that Children and Mana and Heroes of Mana were both equally as bad as the whole FF-money grubbing remakes right?

Squeenix realized that the mana series actually held much love back in it's day, so after many many years of mana silence, they decide to milk it for what it's worth and remake Seiken Densetsu. That remake is Sword of Mana for the GBA, all the lore that was added into the remake was then used in later years for the "world of mana" series that include Children of Mana, Hero's of Mana and Dawn of Mana (Seiken Densetsu 4).

Guess what, not even children or hero's killed the Seiken Densetsu series. It was Dawn of Mana that did. But, because squeenix never just releases -one- thing, they released that and two other mana games (one breaking out of the traditional shell and being a strategy game). The success of SD2 and SD3 made them think that with pretty graphics and a story line based off "mana lore" would have SD4 be a winner. But saddly, about 80% of the lore used is only found in games that have pure ties with Sword of Mana. Why? Because really the only thing that tied SD1, 2, and 3 together (other than 1 and 3 having same named towns) was the mana sword, and the mana tree. They each held their own story line based within a world that held mana, where as all the mana spinoffs (in which I include Dawn of Mana) all have their story lines based off the same thing.

So either way, using those games arn't a good defense at all. Especially since them and their PS2 counter-part killed a very wonderful series.

*bitter*

Tama2
04-05-2008, 07:46 PM

Uh.

You do know that Children and Mana and Heroes of Mana were both equally as bad as the whole FF-money grubbing remakes right?

Squeenix realized that the mana series actually held much love back in it's day, so after many many years of mana silence, they decide to milk it for what it's worth and remake Seiken Densetsu. That remake is Sword of Mana for the GBA, all the lore that was added into the remake was then used in later years for the "world of mana" series that include Children of Mana, Hero's of Mana and Dawn of Mana (Seiken Densetsu 4).

Guess what, not even children or hero's killed the Seiken Densetsu series. It was Dawn of Mana that did. But, because squeenix never just releases -one- thing, they released that and two other mana games (one breaking out of the traditional shell and being a strategy game). The success of SD2 and SD3 made them think that with pretty graphics and a story line based off "mana lore" would have SD4 be a winner. But saddly, about 80% of the lore used is only found in games that have pure ties with Sword of Mana. Why? Because really the only thing that tied SD1, 2, and 3 together (other than 1 and 3 having same named towns) was the mana sword, and the mana tree. They each held their own story line based within a world that held mana, where as all the mana spinoffs (in which I include Dawn of Mana) all have their story lines based off the same thing.

So either way, using those games arn't a good defense at all. Especially since them and their PS2 counter-part killed a very wonderful series.

*bitter*

Amen, sister.

Rostum
04-06-2008, 01:08 AM
I don't really see anything wrong with them putting their effort into the one series that kept their company alive; Final Fantasy. Especially when you consider each are fairly separate jRPG's -- if they were all the same formula (like the fans wants, for some reason) then I'd definitely agree and say it's lame that they invent some other new ground-breaking jRPG.

Anyway, I'd still like to see more from them outside of their main series of games, but it really doesn't bother me either way. (By the way, didn't they make some game for the Wii that involves you being a king and building up your empire? That looks like a fairly awesome game)

Roto13
04-06-2008, 06:00 AM
That's a Final Fantasy game. :P Crystal Chronicles.

Markus. D
04-08-2008, 01:00 AM
I like how they seek different means of variation in gameplay.

and bookstyle? NEATO!