PDA

View Full Version : koudelka

sir helix
03-26-2008, 07:45 PM
iv been playing the shadow hearts series iv alomost beaten 1 and 2 about to go buy 3 and then i learned of the prequal koudelka.....is it worth buying? and how do i get?:confused:

JKTrix
03-26-2008, 08:30 PM
2nd question: Amazon.com: Koudelka: Video Games (http://www.amazon.com/Koudelka/dp/B00004U1IO/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1206559743&sr=8-1)

Skimming through old reviews of the game, the general consensus is that the story is excellent, but the gameplay is borderline mediocre.

I Don't Need A Name
03-26-2008, 08:38 PM
personally i really like Koudelka. can be frustrating at times, but overall its really good
the only downside was the fact that you have to collect a pendent, and if you dont (like i didnt) you go through all 4 disks to be killed by the last boss :cry:

sir helix
03-27-2008, 12:44 AM
well i read that if you kill the final boss you get one of the alternate endings. and i like multi disc games cus once i complete a disc i feel very smart afterwards:tongue:

Alucard von Elru
03-29-2008, 06:25 AM
I think Koudelka is a flaming crap-pile, and it's relatively decent storyline is more than adequately covered in the first Shadow Hearts. So in my opinion: no, it's not worth buying.

Heath
03-29-2008, 06:29 PM
I suppose it's worth playing if you're a fan of Shadow Hearts just to flesh out the storyline with Koudelka and the story centred around Wales, but I've not heard terribly complimentary things about other aspects of the game.

Madame Adequate
03-29-2008, 07:13 PM
I suppose it's worth playing if you're a fan of Shadow Hearts just to flesh out the storyline with Koudelka and the story centred around Wales, but I've not heard terribly complimentary things about other aspects of the game.

This never ceases to amuse me.

I got Koudelka once but it was pretty bad and I couldn't see it through.

The Last Ancient
04-05-2008, 02:57 PM
I liked Koudelka. It is my second favorite game in the series behind the first Shadow Hearts. The gameplay isn't that great, its true, but I thought the story was really interesting. It also has a few names and faces that come up in the following shadow hearts games so its worth it just for that I think.

Cloud88
04-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Koudelka is a pretty decent game, but Shadow Hearts is better. You should get it if you're looking to learn more about the history of SH, but its not essential. Nevertheless, I still recommend getting it. But don't be fooled. Its really quite short. The first disc can be cleared in as little as an hour.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
04-05-2008, 06:05 PM
Doesn't have a patch on FF

Dragonsoul
04-11-2008, 08:49 AM
Haven't played any of those games but it should be noted that the team for these games is the same team for Lost Odyssey(Feel Plus), they renamed themselves to Feel Plus and went to work for Mistwalker. They are making Blue Dragon 2 now. :D

Heath
04-11-2008, 09:29 AM

This never ceases to amuse me.

I got Koudelka once but it was pretty bad and I couldn't see it through.

I'm getting payments from the Welsh Tourism Board. Actually, you've no idea how amazing I found it as a thirteen year old to actually have a game acknowledge that Wales exists and be set there.

Regardless of how you found Koudelka though, I'd certainly reccomend the Shadow Hearts games. While the first one will be quite hard to track down, the first and second ones are definitely quality RPGs that are well worth a look.