PDA

View Full Version : Choco's Big Book of Knowledge!

Goldenboko
03-27-2008, 09:05 PM
I've decided I want to do another of my Quiz threads :D

Note: I'm sorry about stopping Marquis Ondore Vs. You without telling you, PuPu is the official winner though (as he had the most points when I ended). I'll try to be a bit better with this one then I was with Marquis Ondore, and get at least 1 question a day.

Never heard of my quiz? Read the rules:

One of these threads was once closed because of off topic chatter, so no off topic chatter UNLESS its paired with an answer or a question about the thread...

Ex.

OOC: I hated that scene.

No GoBo, thats wrong, its _________.

The point system works like this
1 point for... Answering a question correctly, or Noticing an error in my question
2 points for... Noticing an error in my question, and answering the question correctly.
3 points for... Finding my answer to be incorrect and providing a correct answer and a source to back up your correction.
I will wait a little while and declare all who answered it correctly with points... please though hide your answers in spoiler tags, unmarked answers=No points.

I'm the judge on the points, you can complain and I'll try to be fair, but don't say "HEY I DIDN'T GET 2 POINTS AND HE DID GB SUCKS :mad2:" These are suppose to be fun, don't get that wrapped up in competition.

Alright let's start! Going with my tradition my first question will be have to do with the title! :love:

Q1. In what game do Chocobos first appear?
A. FFI
B. FFV
C. FFIII
D. FFIV
E. FFII

Skyblade
03-27-2008, 09:13 PM
E. None of the above. They first appeared in FFII.

Goldenboko
03-27-2008, 09:16 PM
Put spoilers. NOW! And provide a source, as I'm not sure on your answer

Nevermind :P

f f freak
03-27-2008, 09:20 PM
E. FFII. Bad GoBo for not putting that answer in the first place.

Skyblade
03-27-2008, 09:20 PM
What if I don't want points? I just like correcting people. :D

blackmage_nuke
03-27-2008, 09:23 PM
FFII

Chocobos first appeared in Final Fantasy II

Goldenboko
03-27-2008, 09:44 PM
I can't believe I got that wrong... I need to go kill myself.

Anyway, Skyblade if you don't mark it in spoilers you ruin the game for everyone else, I'll let it slide this time because you corrected yourself fast.

2 points to sky for correcting me, 1 point to f f, 0 points for nuke, because his quote was easily visable, and made me post a new question :mad2:

1. Skyblade______________________________2
2. f f freak_________________________________1
3. blackmage_nuke__________________________0

Q2. Garland was the first villain in FF, and later was had a tribute in Final Fantasy IX. Name 3 other tributes in Final Fantasy IX. Extra point for making having all three tributes be original (have no other player list one in your list).

f f freak
03-27-2008, 10:03 PM
When you meet Ramuh in Pinnacle Rocks you must retrieve pieces of a story. The story refers to FFII where Josef sacrifices himslef to help the party.
The Four Fiends from FFI make an appearance as bosses in Memoria.
During one of the ATE's in the Evil Forest the orchestra begins playing Rufus' Welcoming March

Laddy
03-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Unne's Mirror is a reference to Unne in FFIII.
Mog is also the name of FFVI's moogle.
"No Cloud, No Squall can hinder us!" Cloud and Squall were the stars of FFVII an FFVIII, respectively.

jammi567
03-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Mt. Glugu theme is a remix of the theme from the original FF
Job system also first appeared in FF1
The music in Pandaemonium(?) is a remix of the original theme found in FF2

rubah
03-27-2008, 11:01 PM
There is some record player in treno that plays old ff tracks
the smurfing crystal. There was like nothing in the game but it's the freaking logo
horns on summoners were also featured on the ff5 caller class sprites and incorporated into a plot point when originally passed over

Crossblades
03-28-2008, 12:10 AM
The Gogo reference when obtaining the Magical Finger tip(FF VI)
Zidane making an observation to Cloud's Buster Sword(FF VII)
Dagger's real name is Sara(FF I)

Tavrobel
03-28-2008, 02:23 AM
One of Freya's weapons is called Kain's Spear. This is referring FFIV's Kain Highwind, a Dragoon.
Gilgamesh (or something about his brother) shows up in the Excalibur II quest, where the brother takes the Excalipur instead of the Excalibur II. Gilgamesh uses Excalipur in FFV.
Summoner horns are referring to FFIIIj's Summoner sprite, which also have horns.
Freya uses the skill Reis' Wind, which is a reference to the lady-turned dragon in Final Fantasy Tactics.
The name Dagger itself is a reference to FFVI's Gerad, who appears in the game as a palette-swapping pirate! HAHAHAHA Square, you're so clever! We all know that Zidane wanted to pirate Dagger's soft... hair.

blackmage_nuke
03-28-2008, 06:23 AM
2 points to sky for correcting me, 1 point to f f, 0 points for nuke, because his quote was easily visable, and made me post a new question :mad2:

My quote is spoiler marked, i dont get it
Not complaining i just want to know cuz i cant see it

Tavrobel
03-28-2008, 06:00 PM

My quote is spoiler marked, i dont get it
Not complaining i just want to know cuz i cant see it

Depending on the browser and forum style, spoilers may be viewed when used inside code that separates text off, such as quote, code, and a couple of others. Your spoiler-quote is very easily visible (having a grey color, rather than one that is the same as the background) in the Under the Sea and Classic formats (in classic, it is a slightly different blue).

Goldenboko
03-28-2008, 08:18 PM
What Tavrobel said xD
@ rubah: I'd just like to point out there IS a Crystal in FFIX, its behind Kuja in Memoria.

Everyone who answered it correctly gets 2 points as everyone had different answers (which is what I was hoping for :D), which is everyone except Jammi. Jammi your reference to the Class System of FFI doesn't count for a few reasons. A. Neither game has the Job System. B. They have different Systems, FFI has a system where you get to pick four classes (same or different) for each character as you please. In FFIX each Character's class is prechosen.

1. f f freak_________________________________3
2. Skyblade________________________________2
2. Tavrobel________________________________2
2. Rubah Lapah_____________________________2
2. Laddy___________________________________2
2. Crossblades______________________________2
6. blackmage_nuke__________________________ 0
6. jammi567________________________________0

Q3. The attached MIDI file is a redub of a musical track from what Final Fantasy? Extra point for naming the song's name.

Tavrobel
03-28-2008, 08:54 PM
FFVI. The Empire Gesthal.

Justice Syaoran Hammerhand Tavrobel, concurrence in the case Jammi v. Boko, 2.718 U.S. 3.14 (2008).

To be perfectly fair, it might have been an easier time justifying your point by using FFIV as precedent. Though characters in that game have classes, there was never a doubt that it was not a class system due to the rigid way the game forced characters to progress; FFIX uses the same scheme and method. FFI does have a class system, however, it is not as able to give free reign due to:

A) forced selection at the beginning
B) choice of evolution at the Castle in the Sky

Technically, you do get to choose, and you are able to evolve into a higher class if you wish to do so. There's no event in the game that forces you to, unlike FFIX's "silence Dagger" portion, and the obvious and clear superiority of Eiko as both Summoner and White Mage. I approve of the final decision, but not the logic for it.

blackmage_nuke
03-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Final Fantasy VI
The Empire

Goldenboko
03-28-2008, 09:20 PM
FFVI. The Empire Gesthal.

Justice Syaoran Hammerhand Tavrobel, concurrence in the case Jammi v. Boko, 2.718 U.S. 3.14 (2008).

To be perfectly fair, it might have been an easier time justifying your point by using FFIV as precedent. Though characters in that game have classes, there was never a doubt that it was not a class system due to the rigid way the game forced characters to progress; FFIX uses the same scheme and method. FFI does have a class system, however, it is not as able to give free reign due to:

A) forced selection at the beginning
B) choice of evolution at the Castle in the Sky

Technically, you do get to choose, and you are able to evolve into a higher class if you wish to do so. There's no event in the game that forces you to, unlike FFIX's "silence Dagger" portion, and the obvious and clear superiority of Eiko as both Summoner and White Mage. I approve of the final decision, but not the logic for it.

Clearly I was just too lazy to type that out :tongue:

Clawsze
03-28-2008, 09:58 PM
FFVI-The Empire

qwertysaur
03-28-2008, 10:43 PM
FFVI - The empire

Laddy
03-29-2008, 01:27 AM
FFVI's Empire

Goldenboko
03-29-2008, 02:12 AM
Yep, everyone got it right, everyone got the extra too o.0

1. Laddy___________________________________ 4
1. Tavrobel________________________________ 4
2. f f freak_________________________________3
3. Skyblade________________________________ 2
3. Rubah Lapah_____________________________2
3. Crossblades_____________________________ _2
3. blackmage_nuke__________________________ 2
3. Clawze___________________________________2
3. qwertyxsora_______________________________2
9. jammi567________________________________ 0

Q4. What does stealing the Dark Matter from Zeromus in the final battle do?

leader of mortals
03-29-2008, 03:06 AM
I believe it lowers damage from big bang

Crossblades
03-29-2008, 03:15 AM
The item youre referring to is not a crystal, but an item called Dark Matter, which lowers the power of Big Bang

Sir Lancealot
03-29-2008, 03:24 AM
Reduce the damage of Big Bang. Also the item is called Dark Matter.:tongue:

Goldenboko
03-29-2008, 03:33 AM
Crap I put Crystal instead of Dark Matter. I did not mean that, brain lapse.

Laddy
03-29-2008, 03:44 AM
Oh, GoBo...

Zeromus has a painfully powerful attack, and the Dark Matter gives you a significant resistance against it.

qwertysaur
03-29-2008, 05:49 AM
Reduce the damage big bang does to your party

blackmage_nuke
03-29-2008, 07:05 AM
I've never finished that game so I'm just going to say:
It gives you one dark materia :)

jammi567
03-29-2008, 11:04 AM
I think it helps lowers the power of an attack, but i can't remember its name! Does that count?

So, going back a couple of questions, surely my other two answers counted for something?

Goldenboko
03-29-2008, 06:53 PM
I think it helps lowers the power of an attack, but i can't remember its name! Does that count?

So, going back a couple of questions, surely my other two answers counted for something?

No, I specifically asked for three, and I'm not giving 2/3's of a point :P

To get this question right you had to include The name of the attack: Big Bang, and that it lowers its attack's strength. I was hoping someone would mention that in DS it doesn't decrease the damage, and is a Key Item needed for an optional battle, then I could've given an extra point but that never happened :(

Point goes to... Leader of Mortals, Crossblades, Sir Lancealot, and qwertyxsora.

1. Laddy___________________________________ 4
1. Tavrobel________________________________ 4
3. f f freak_________________________________3
4. qwertyxsora_____________________________ __3
4. Crossblades_____________________________ _3
5. Skyblade________________________________ 2
5. Rubah Lapah_____________________________2
5. blackmage_nuke__________________________ 2
5. Clawze__________________________________ _2
10. leader of mortals___________________________1
10. Sir Lancealot______________________________1
12. jammi567________________________________ 0

Q5. There is an error made by Square Enix in the first boss fight in Final Fantasy VII, what is that error?

Tavrobel
03-29-2008, 09:36 PM
They forgot the very important conjunction "don't" before when Cloud claims to attack the boss. Instead of a warning not to attack, it is now a command to Barret to attack, which is misleading, because you do not wish to incur the wrath of the boss's counter-move.

This appears in NTSC versions. Not sure about PAL or Int. translations.

blackmage_nuke
03-29-2008, 09:47 PM
During the first boss the dialogue says something similar to 'Attack when the tail is up', then it says something like "and it will counter attack" However the two occur with a very long pause between them and by the time the second line appears many wouldve already attacked.

qwertysaur
03-29-2008, 10:03 PM
Clouds warning to Barret is very broken, and may mislead the player to attack instead of wait until the tail is lowered.

Laddy
03-29-2008, 10:55 PM
The warning not to attack Guard Scorpion is misleading, as it can be mistaken as Cloud requesting Barret to attack the enemy so he can receive the counterattack.

Goldenboko
03-29-2008, 11:57 PM
Everyone is correct!

1. Laddy___________________________________ 5
1. Tavrobel________________________________ 5
3. qwertyxsora_____________________________ __4
4. blackmage_nuke__________________________ 3
4. f f freak_________________________________3
4. Crossblades_____________________________ _3
7. Skyblade________________________________ 2
7. Rubah Lapah_____________________________2
7. Clawze__________________________________ _2
12. jammi567________________________________ 0

Q6. How many total job classes are available in FFV? Extra point for telling GBA difference.

qwertysaur
03-30-2008, 12:12 AM
This is counting freelancer as a class. 22. 26 in the advance version

Crossblades
03-30-2008, 12:25 AM
22, this includes freelancer/bare. GBA had 26, which was Oracle, Necromancer, Gladiator and Cannoneer as the four new jobs

Clawsze
03-30-2008, 12:49 AM
22 including the starting class (Bare) and...26 for GBA, can't remember the names though...

Laddy
03-30-2008, 01:46 AM
The original has twenty-two if you include Freelancer/No Job. The GBA has Gladiator, Necromancer, Cannoneer, and Oracle, making twenty-six.

Goldenboko
03-30-2008, 07:41 PM
Everyone is correctamundo!

1. Laddy___________________________________ 6
2. Tavrobel________________________________ 5
2. qwertyxsora_____________________________ __5
4. Crossblades_____________________________ _4
5. blackmage_nuke__________________________ 3
5. f f freak_________________________________3
5. Clawze__________________________________ _3
8. Skyblade________________________________ 2
8. Rubah Lapah_____________________________2

Q7. Name 1 spell and its level that Minwu starts with in FFII (note: I really only know about the GBA verision, if there is a difference and you can supply me with a source or evidence between the NES and GBA then extra point for you). If you can name them all, and their levels, not are you an FF knowledge god, but you'll get three points for this question.

qwertysaur
03-30-2008, 07:55 PM
He has
Barrier 7
Basuna 6
Blink 5
Cure 7
Dispel 3
Esuna 3
Fear 3
Fog 6
Life 7
Protect 5
Sap 4
Shell 6
Swap 3
Teleport 1
Wall 5

Clawsze
03-30-2008, 08:12 PM
I only have the GBA version...Teleport, Lvl 1

Crossblades
03-31-2008, 12:56 AM
Barrier 7
Basuna 6
Blink 5
Cure 7
Dispel 3
Esuna 3
Fear 3
Fog 6
Life 7
Protect 5
Sap 4
Shell 6
Swap 3
Teleport 1
Wall 5

Laddy
03-31-2008, 12:59 PM
Crap. He has Lv. 7 Cure. That's all I remember.

Goldenboko
04-01-2008, 08:04 PM
1 point for qwerty and 0 points to Crossblades for pre-discussed reasons, 1 point to everyone else.

1. Laddy___________________________________ 7
2. qwertyxsora_____________________________ __6
3. Tavrobel________________________________ 5
4. Crossblades_____________________________ _4
4. Clawze__________________________________ _4
6. blackmage_nuke__________________________ 3
6. f f freak_________________________________3
8. Skyblade________________________________ 2
8. Rubah Lapah_____________________________2

Q8. Name all the possible classes in FFI.

qwertysaur
04-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Without class change Fighter, Theif, Black Belt, White Mage, black Mage, and Red Mage. With class change all of the preceding, and Knight, Ninja, Master, White Wizard, Black Wizard, and Red Wizard.

blackmage_nuke
04-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Fighter, Thief, White Mage, Black Mage, Black Belt, Red Mage
Knight, Ninja, White Wizard, Black Wizard, Master, Red Wizard

Dawn of Souls:
Warrior and Monk replace Fighter and Black Belt
Same with Final fantasy Origins

Laddy
04-01-2008, 10:29 PM
The six base classes are Fighter/Warrior, Monk/Black Belt, Thief, Black Mage, White Mage, and Red Mage. The "improved" job classes are Knight, Master, Ninja, Black Wizard, White Wizard, and Red Wizard.
So, there are 12. Man, this was easy.

Sir Lancealot
04-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Before Class Change:
Fighter/Warrior
Thief
Black Belt/Monk
Red Mage
Black Mage
White Mage

After Class Change:
Knight
Ninja
Master
Red Wizard
Black Wizard
White Wizard

Crossblades
04-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Warrior/Knight, Monk/Master, Thief/Ninja, Black Mage/Black Wizard, White Mage/White Wizard, Red Mage/Wizard

Clawsze
04-02-2008, 02:35 AM
Before Change=Fighter/Warrior, Blackbelt/Monk, Theif, White Mage, Black Mage and Red Mage.

After Change=Knight, Master, Ninja, White Wizard, Black Wizard and Red Wizard.

Anno Domini
04-02-2008, 03:38 AM
Fighter, theif, monk, Red mage,Black mage, White mage. Fighter ungrades to knight, theif to ninja, monk to black belt, and the mages change to wizards. Source:wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_%28video_game%29]Final Fantasy (video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediahope i am not too late:(

Takara
04-02-2008, 09:43 PM
There are 12 possible classes. The original 6 are Fighter, Black Belt, Thief, Red Mage, Black Mage, and White Mage. After class change, these respectively become Knight, Master, Ninja, Red Wizard, Black Wizard, and White Wizard. Note that the class Fighter is replaced with Warrior in the remakes, and the Black Belt class becomes Monk.

Laddy
04-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Is this dead? :cry:

blackmage_nuke
04-06-2008, 12:03 AM
I think GB's taken priority in the ck competition and ignored this petty game

Goldenboko
04-06-2008, 12:15 AM
Is this dead? :cry:

I will continue this the moment I am eliminated from the tournament.

Goldenboko
04-09-2008, 02:32 AM
I'm going to take one more day break, before coming back to this. Then you can expect at least 1 question daily 8)

Goldenboko
04-09-2008, 12:16 PM
I wanna post a question before school I'm gonna post it and tally the points from the last question later :D

Q9. Name all the effects of teleport in FII in, and out of battle.

Crossblades
04-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Teleport warps you out of a dungeon and In battle it makes enemies disappear out of battle

qwertysaur
04-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Teleport is an instant kill spell in battle and warps the party out of a dungeon out of battle

Goldenboko
04-09-2008, 09:48 PM
No ones got this right yet I'll give it a few more hours :x

Clawsze
04-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Warp cn be used as an insta-kill move against foes, warping them to another dimension. It can also be used for teleporting out of dungeons, or more specifically, furthur out of dungeons. Say you are in the 3rd floor and Warp is lvl1 and u use it, you will appear in the 2nd floor. So it does not warp you out if you go far down and it is nnot a high enough level.

Sir Lancealot
04-10-2008, 12:33 AM
In battle, teleport works as in instant death spell. Out of battle, it teleports the party out of the dungeon they are in, but also puts the caster down to critical health.

Goldenboko
04-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Alright, now that I've had my fill of lazy, I'm gonna tally all these points and restart this thing!

Q8.
1 point for qwerty
2 points to blackmage_nuke for remembering Dawn of Souls/FF Origin difference
2 Points to Laddy for remembering DoS/FF Origin Difference
2 Points to Sir Lancealot for remembering DoS/FF Origin Difference
1 Point to Crossblades
1 Point to Clawze
1 Point to Anno Domini *You don't always need to provide a source proving you right, only if I ask for one*
2 Points to Takara for remembering DoS/FF Origin Difference

Q9.
0 Points to qwerty and Crossblades, they forgot to mention outside of battle it lowers the user's HP to critical
0 Points to Clawze, for describing Warp instead of Teleport
1 Point to Sir Lancealot, for answering the question correctly.

1. Laddy___________________________________ 9
2. qwertyxsora_____________________________ __7
3. Tavrobel________________________________ 5
3. Crossblades_____________________________ _5
3. Clawze__________________________________ _5
3. blackmage_nuke__________________________ 5
7. Sir Lancealot______________________________4
8. f f freak_________________________________3
9. Skyblade________________________________ 2
9. Rubah Lapah_____________________________2
9. Takara__________________________________2
12. leader of mortals___________________________1
12. Anno Domini_______________________________1

Q10. What are the Requirements for unlocking Shinryu for battle in the Battle Arena of FFX?

Goldenboko
04-14-2008, 05:07 PM
Seriously wtf? Was no one able to answer that question? xD

Let's try a different one then.

Q11. What is Squall's max MP (level 100) without MP+'s, or any junctions?

hhr1dluv
04-15-2008, 04:07 AM
Just checking to see if this works.

I suck at this kind of trivia. Ask story-based questions!

Goldenboko
04-15-2008, 04:09 AM
But this is an incredibly easy question :P