PDA

View Full Version : What format do I need?

Spawn of Sephiroth
03-28-2008, 04:58 PM
Ok, I'm trying to put some videos on my computer on to a DVD, but they are in WMV format, so what format do I need to get them into to burn onto a DVD cause the WMV wouldn't work.

Roto13
03-28-2008, 05:37 PM
There are certain programs you can use to burn standard video files as DVD videos. I use Nero, but it isn't free. You can probably get a free trial version of it, though.

Spawn of Sephiroth
03-30-2008, 04:01 AM
I got a program to burn the DVD, it just won't put WMV format videos on it.

Mirage
03-30-2008, 05:58 AM
You can put any files you want on a DVD. However, not all file formats will play on a DVD player. To ensure that a DVD player will be able to play it, you need a program that can convert whatever file type you've got into that MPEG2 thing that DVD players all support. Looks like your program can't convert from WMV to, so you need a different one, or a plugin for your existing program. Nero would count as a different program.

Spawn of Sephiroth
03-31-2008, 09:40 PM
You can put any files you want on a DVD. However, not all file formats will play on a DVD player. To ensure that a DVD player will be able to play it, you need a program that can convert whatever file type you've got into that MPEG2 thing that DVD players all support. Looks like your program can't convert from WMV to, so you need a different one, or a plugin for your existing program. Nero would count as a different program.

Well, my file converter is Cinema Forge. It doesn't do MPEG2, just regular MPEG. I'm trying to put about 3 short movies together in sequential order in Windows Movie Maker and put it so I can make a DVD.

Baloki
03-31-2008, 10:05 PM
Try googling "Cinema Forge WMV" or outputting from Windows Movie Maker as an AVI file instead of a WMV?