PDA

View Full Version : Least Amusing Trends at EoFF

Flying Mullet
03-28-2008, 05:39 PM
PS - If someone makes a thread labeled, "Least Amusing Trends at EoFF," I'm going to beat you with a trout or something.
Of course you knew someone would have to do it. :p

So what trends, besides being a smart-ass with topics like this, do you find tired and worn thin?

Fuzakeru
03-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Super Angry Face!

Maybe I should have said Puffer Fish or something more intimidating than trout. Then again, fish in general aren't that threatening... except sharks. Sharks are considered fish right? Gills and all that jazz?

Uhm, to stay on topic...

I don't find them 'least amusing' but I have a hard time keeping up with screen name changes. D: Why do you change your names so much, people? Urg!

Tavrobel
03-28-2008, 06:07 PM
Un-original topics that are listed with names that have one-word changes, marginally different topics, or are completely user driven and/or hijacked *cough* I'm looking at you Rye/MILF *cough*.

Multiple threads of the same topic in the gaming forums. Threads with questions that could be easily solved by the SEARCH function. Threads that constantly repeat themselves, such as the wallpaper, "post your voice," and several others.

I reject the "is Loony BoB a fruit or vegetable" type threads, because it is very clear that he is a fruit. Versus threads are death-worthy and worn thin, especially when the adversaries aren't people that would ever be in that situation. Can't you people think of anything that is at least remotely more creative, thought-inspiring, or at the very least, not overly contrived?

Nominus Experse
03-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Survey and user picture threads.

Balzac
03-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Noob threads.

Madame Adequate
03-28-2008, 06:20 PM
Un-original topics that are listed with names that have one-word changes, marginally different topics, or are completely user driven and/or hijacked *cough* I'm looking at you Rye/MILF *cough*.

I can't help but wonder about threads which aren't user driven. Wouldn't they just be dead threads?

edczxcvbnm
03-28-2008, 06:25 PM
When people talk about thread trends instead of trends.

Was never a fan of trout and wanted to kill you all for it. Fck you!

Captain Maxx Power
03-28-2008, 06:25 PM
Gay jokes. Seriously, it was funny for like five minutes. Now it's just overdrawn. Congratulations guys, you collectively killed the joke. Then carried on kicking the carcass. Now you're just playing football with entrails.

Roto13
03-28-2008, 06:26 PM
The lack of trout smiley in this thread makes me sad. :trout:

Fuzakeru
03-28-2008, 06:26 PM
Yeah well, I hate it when my thread gets overshadowed by Mullet's cause people are always drawn to negativety more than they are positivies!! :mad2:

edczxcvbnm
03-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Gay jokes. Seriously, it was funny for like five minutes. Now it's just overdrawn. Congratulations guys, you collectively killed the joke. Then carried on kicking the carcass. Now you're just playing football with entrails.

Thats gay.

Flying Mullet
03-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Yeah well, I hate it when my thread gets overshadowed by Mullet's cause people are always drawn to negativety more than they are positivies!! :mad2:
I posted in your thread so the positivity can shine!

Uh-oh, we've hijacked the thread. Now Tav's gonna get us! :eek:

Madame Adequate
03-28-2008, 06:33 PM

So what, you can make a joke three times and then never again?

Flying Mullet
03-28-2008, 06:34 PM

Only if it's gay. It's a hate crime after that.

Tavrobel
03-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Uh-oh, we've hijacked the thread. Now Tav's gonna get us! :eek:

You die now. And you want to know how? I was the one that made you lose that SoJ! MUAHAHAHAHHAA squeal piggy, squeal!

I can't help but wonder about threads which aren't user driven. Wouldn't they just be dead threads?

They would either not be made in the first place, or dead. A dead thread is not necessarily a bad thing, nor should it be less preferred a thread that is posted in by a grand total of three people, and operates only to take up space and divert attention away from other threads. There is a such thing as a PM system, which I am almost positively certain that you are knowledgable of.

Yes, I am aware of the irony of replying to Mulley's post with a Diablo II reference.

Rye
03-28-2008, 06:41 PM
People who whine about people on EoFF who are actually funny and do funny things in a delightfully mod-whoristic manner. I've once licked a trend such of this, and it tasted of the most bitter lemons. :bigsmile:

Madame Adequate
03-28-2008, 06:42 PM
They would either not be made in the first place, or dead. A dead thread is not necessarily a bad thing, nor should it be less preferred a thread that is posted in by a grand total of three people, and operates only to take up space and divert attention away from other threads. There is a such thing as a PM system, which I am almost positively certain that you are aware of.

Yes, I am aware of the irony of replying to Mulley's post with a Diablo II reference.

I think you missed my point. If no users are in a thread, there is no thread. Therefore, disliking user-driven threads means you dislike threads, period. In which case you should quit the tubes :monster:

People who whine about people on EoFF who are actually funny and do funny things in a delightfully mod-whoristic manner. I've once licked a trend such of this, and it tasted of the most bitter lemons. :bigsmile:

o hai babi let's have this thread for our debauched plaesures why aren't you on MSNs btw

Rye
03-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Because I was calling up my thread hijack crew peeps, they'll be over in 5 minutes. They're bringing garlic bread and possibly funnel cake. Nom nom nom nom! :kaohappy:

Flying Mullet
03-28-2008, 06:49 PM
They're bringing garlic bread and possibly funnel cake.
What an odd food combination.

By jove Rye, I think you're onto something! We need a thread to discuss what foods that don't seem like they should go together actually taste great together!

Rye
03-28-2008, 06:50 PM
TO THE OFF-TOPIC MOBILE, BANTAM! :bigsmile:

PS: Chicken, Salami & Pickle wrap. Nom nom nom.

Madame Adequate
03-28-2008, 06:51 PM
Because I was calling up my thread hijack crew peeps, they'll be over in 5 minutes. They're bringing garlic bread and possibly funnel cake.

What now? Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, thread-jackin' h4xx0rz, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of macros and a spambot. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass.

Captain Maxx Power
03-28-2008, 06:58 PM

Try closer to seven hundred and thirty nine. I may or may not have been tallying them up.

Tavrobel
03-28-2008, 06:58 PM
I think you missed my point. If no users are in a thread, there is no thread. Therefore, disliking user-driven threads means you dislike threads, period. In which case you should quit the tubes :monster:

I believe that you misunderstood me. Did you happen to notice the part where I mentioned having a few people post in a thread? Lots of people are fine; it's a discussion, but having only three people or two people is like a conversation, which isn't what the point of a thread is.

But you are right about me disliking people. I'd never be able to refute that.

Madame Adequate
03-28-2008, 06:59 PM

Try closer to seven hundred and thirty nine. I may or may not have been tallying them up.

Nah, I see where you're coming from, it's just that for me it feels like it's moved from joke to just comments that are made. It's not a joke anymore, it's a thing I say to DK and he says to me, for example. Not for lulz, but as an expression of our friendship.

Captain Maxx Power
03-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Nah, I see where you're coming from, it's just that for me it feels like it's moved from joke to just comments that are made. It's not a joke anymore, it's a thing I say to DK and he says to me, for example. Not for lulz, but as an expression of our friendship.

It's amusement value is still zero, plus I'm taking about a sweeping offensive from a large group of members rather than one person in particular.

Fuzakeru
03-28-2008, 07:02 PM
So..... User Notes. Worst. Trend. Ever. D:

I always forget they exist, check it out, and realize I've missed the oppurtunity to spam happily and hopefully raise my user note number up cause that's like a popularity counter here on EoFF. :cry:

Cookie
03-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Thread drama is now a trend. And it fucking sucks.

Flying Mullet
03-28-2008, 07:20 PM
You people are forgetting one important fact:
http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p180/metallica2k1/internet_serious_business.jpg

rubah
03-29-2008, 06:07 AM
damn, i almost forgot to reopen this :jess:

Araciel
03-29-2008, 07:32 AM
My threads getting closed..

Wait..you say that's not a trend?

Shucksdarn.

Jessweeee♪
03-29-2008, 08:09 AM
Threads like these. All of the posts make me want to cry ;_;

Madame Adequate
03-29-2008, 03:29 PM
Thread drama is now a trend. And it smurfing sucks.

Actually, I would put that in the Freaking Hilarious Trends thread personally :monster: But that's just me, and I lul at drama.