PDA

View Full Version : Mulan

MKusanagi
03-30-2008, 02:13 AM
Apparently they're making Mulan into a movie. Atfirst I was filled with joy until I read into it. They're not going to treat it seriously. It will probably turn into an artsy film with little or no epic value. And I believe that legend should only be made into a movie if it is portrayed in an epic fashion.

Momiji
03-30-2008, 03:34 AM
Um...wasn't there a Mulan movie about 10 years ago?

LunarWeaver
03-30-2008, 03:42 AM
Holy crap, that was 10 years ago! I hate when I hear stuff like that and I feel all old. I have to hug a corner for comfort now.

IMDB does have a page for an announced live action adaption. I'm not sure if that says much or not.

blackmage_nuke
03-30-2008, 03:43 AM
There are alot of movies/series based on Mulan. Sort of like all the movies about Joan of Arc

smittenkitten
03-30-2008, 09:22 AM
Oh but then they might ruin it. :mad2: I :heart: Mulan, I had it on VHS when it first came out but my brother stood on it and it never worked again. :(

Laddy
03-30-2008, 09:27 AM
Oh but then they might ruin it. :mad2: I :heart: Mulan, I had it on VHS when it first came out but my brother stood on it and it never worked again. :(:cry:

I LOVE Mulan, the Disney adaptation, the story, everything!

I hope this adaptation dosen't suck!

Breine
03-30-2008, 12:19 PM

Man, it's already been 10 years? It's strange to think about.

Anyway, I really like the Disney version, and I'm sort of interested to see where this new film is going.

fire_of_avalon
03-30-2008, 02:55 PM
(Be a man)
We must be swift as a coursing river!
(Be a man)
With all the force of a great typhoon!
(Be a man)
With all the strength of a raging fire,
Mysterious as the darkside of THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

Heath
03-30-2008, 03:13 PM

Good God, please don't tell me it was actually ten years ago.

Surprisingly I quite liked the Disney version of it so I might give the new one a watch just to compare.

Randgris
03-30-2008, 04:32 PM
Who is that girl I see?

Staring straight, back at me,

Why is my reflection someone I don't know?

Somehow I cannot hide,

Who I am, though I've tried,

When will my reflection show, who I am inside...

I love this song (Lea Salonga sang the song in the animated movie)

qwertysaur
03-30-2008, 04:42 PM
Cri-Kee is amazing and you know it!

Boney King
03-30-2008, 04:46 PM
(Be a man)
We must be swift as a coursing river!
(Be a man)
With all the force of a great typhoon!
(Be a man)
With all the strength of a raging fire,
Mysterious as the darkside of THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON
My mom loves Donny Osmond.

Disney's Mulan was pretty good. I'd like to see them do something different with the story though.

MKusanagi
03-31-2008, 12:21 AM
I don't think about it. 10 yrs ago just makes me feel old.

Araciel
03-31-2008, 08:02 AM
Bah I'm twenty five...I'm not old. I never saw the Disney Mulan...should I?

Big D
03-31-2008, 10:28 AM
Bah I'm twenty five...I'm not old. I never saw the Disney Mulan...should I?It's worth a look.

This new movie... an adaptation of the Disney flick, or a new adaptation of the legend?

MKusanagi
03-31-2008, 01:41 PM
An adaptation of the legend.

Flying Mullet
03-31-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm guessing it'll be a generic action summer blockbuster where the only imaginative parts will be the fight choreography and cgi landscapes/backgrounds/sweeping vistas.

Big D
04-01-2008, 12:17 AM
I'm guessing it'll be a generic action summer blockbuster where the only imaginative parts will be the fight choreography and cgi landscapes/backgrounds/sweeping vistas.That'll probably be true, unfortunately... though the written versions of the legend make for a pretty interesting exploration of gender, identity, freedom and loyalty - so they could give the film a philosophical angle if they want.