PDA

View Full Version : Touch a Prinny

Vermachtnis
03-30-2008, 06:32 PM
Disgaea on the DS (http://www.nisamerica.com/news/20080307.html)

I dunno how many of you who already know about this, but Disgaea is being ported over to the DS. But as far as I can tell, it's the same as Afternoon of Darkness. Which is good for the people the people who own an DS and not a PSP.

Markus. D
03-30-2008, 07:50 PM
YAY! :D

Momiji
03-30-2008, 08:17 PM
If this isn't an April Fools' joke, I will be extremely excited. :D

Roto13
03-30-2008, 10:31 PM
It's not an April Fool's joke. It's old news. xD

I may have to pick it up if only because I've never played a Disgaea game before.

Creeping Shadow
03-30-2008, 10:41 PM
Its cool to see its made its way to the DS. But at this point I would have rather wanted a sequel.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-30-2008, 10:42 PM
Disgaea 2 came out in 2006. Disgaea 3 is coming out this August. So, uh.

CimminyCricket
03-31-2008, 09:11 AM
I'm buying this one too! xD Gods, I still haven't gotten my PS3, but I shall! Disgaea 3 shall be mine! :cD

Markus. D
03-31-2008, 10:27 AM
Its cool to see its made its way to the DS. But at this point I would have rather wanted a sequel.

Once you beat the PSP version (after fufilling very diary related requisits...) you can Select Etna Mode... which is bassically how it would have been if Etna was a success in KILLING Laharl-Sama.

So, I'd LOVE people who are yet to play it... to play it (Which will be more common on the DS :3)

Bolivar
04-01-2008, 01:30 AM
I may have to pick it up if only because I've never played a Disgaea game before.

Nominus Experse
04-01-2008, 03:41 AM
If this edition of Disgaea is devoid of any voice acting, I'll buy it. If it implements any more of that horrid voice acting, I will not play it. Two games worth of such atrocious sounds is enough.

Madame Adequate
04-01-2008, 04:39 AM
If this edition of Disgaea is devoid of any voice acting, I'll buy it. If it implements any more of that horrid voice acting, I will not play it. Two games worth of such atrocious sounds is enough.

Really? Whoa, different strokes. I've always said that the ironic thing about Disgaea is that it's one of the few games which has a Japanese language track, whilst at the same time one of the few games with decent enough English voice acting not to need it.

Markus. D
04-01-2008, 05:36 AM

Disgaea actually has quite a nice Japanese Voice-Acting-Ish Acting-ness about it :D (You can switch 'em)...

Ovcourse Mr Frog guy sounds ODD in Japanese...

Behold the Void
04-01-2008, 05:59 AM
The Disgaea Japanese track is good. The English isn't bad. Not sure where the problem is, honestly.

I'm looking forward to this. Multiplayer Disgaea? Hell yes!

Nominus Experse
04-01-2008, 06:04 AM
It sounds nasally and childish, but such may be due largely to the story and script.

Whatever it was, it nearly made me stop playing the game outright.

Behold the Void
04-01-2008, 06:06 AM
Well in English Laharl is voiced by the woman who did Rita Repulsa from Power Rangers. He's supposed to sound like a brat though.

Honestly, if it bothers you I say go for the Japanese voices, it's a good voice track. And Gordon, in either version, is just spot-on. Flonne is happy and bubbly in either version because that's how she should be, Etna's English is slinkier and sultrier whereas her Japanese is more chipper.

Creeping Shadow
04-01-2008, 07:15 AM
Disgaea 2 came out in 2006. Disgaea 3 is coming out this August. So, uh.

I knew that they made a second, I meant a third one (wasnt very clear on that):p . Although I wasnt aware that a third one was coming out...

CimminyCricket
04-01-2008, 07:51 AM
Geez, I cannot wait!