PDA

View Full Version : Ultimecia and Seifer

Forsaken Lover
03-31-2008, 12:23 AM
I don't get Ultimecia.

She calls Seifer a "worthless child" and "useless fool" but continues to have him lead her every major campaign or activity. If he's so utterly Fail to her you'd think she'd fins omeone else.

Captain Maxx Power
03-31-2008, 12:27 AM
Erm, yes? I agree?

CimminyCricket
03-31-2008, 09:12 AM
He's strong and weak willed, how often to find someone who is strong but easy to manipulate?

Dr. Acula
04-03-2008, 05:13 AM
Maybe he likes being insulted.

Rostum
04-03-2008, 06:01 AM
Likes a bit of master / slave? :love:

ljkkjlcm9
04-03-2008, 06:19 AM
I don't get Ultimecia.

She calls Seifer a "worthless child" and "useless fool" but continues to have him lead her every major campaign or activity. If he's so utterly Fail to her you'd think she'd fins omeone else.

considering his dream was to serve the sorceress, how many people can you find that are willing to devote their life to you?

THE JACKEL

Bart's Friend Milhouse
04-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Seems more plausible than saying 'good work keep it up'

Tallulah
04-06-2008, 03:33 AM
"Yay, you just got owned by a nancy-boy... AGAIN!"

'Ultimecia' is speaking through 'Edea' at that point, and Seifer had just got beaten by Squall and co. at this moment. So sucked in by the sorceress' promises, Seifer lets criticism wash over his head. It's a common phenomenon. :)

Heath
04-09-2008, 11:10 AM
I think the fact that Seifer had always dreamed of being a soceress' knight and that Ultimecia needed someone strong as a general lackey, Seifer just proved to be easily manipulatable and relatively strong. Obviously as the storyline goes, Squall and co will beat Seifer, but there's nothing to me to suggest that anybody other than the playable characters could beat Seifer. After all, he manages to beat Odin. So I think it was a combination of Seifer simply being second best to Squall's gang which makes him appear weak. From Ultimecia's point of view, you've got a strong servant and a willing one at that.

Serapy
04-09-2008, 10:31 PM
I don't get Ultimecia.

Ultimecia reads Seifer's mind and acknowledged that he wants to be her knight, so she basically let him. Calling him words don't mean she wants to get rid of him.

Even if she picks someone else who is better than Seifer, we would still beat him/her to complete the game because it's part of gameplay, so it doesn't matter if Seifer has failed or not.

Roogle
04-15-2008, 01:13 AM
I would love to have been able to witness some of the interactions between Seifer and Ultimecia. I wonder if she showed a different side of herself to Seifer? I think that Seifer was the only person that could reach out to the humanity in Ultimecia.

Forsaken Lover
04-28-2008, 06:03 AM
Well...anything is possible but it doesn't seem that way from her dialog directed at him. But who knows? I thinks he does call him her dear knight or something.

Darn you though. That talk about how she might be around him coupled with the earlier posts about mistress-slave....making me think things. >>

Jessweeee♪
04-28-2008, 08:07 PM
She thought it might affect Squall more to use Seifer, what with that hate/love relationship they have.

Suvious
05-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Squall and Seifer are in love? Jess~ put down the drugs.

Tallulah
05-19-2008, 10:52 PM
Squall and Seifer are in love? Jess~ put down the drugs.

Gosh, you are so naive... :rolleyes2

Qurange
06-30-2008, 03:39 AM
She's just manipulating him, there--she knows that saying those things is going to wound his pride and sting, and she also knows that he's not going to get fed up with her and let go of his dream--especially not with her mojo. It's less that he's just that fail, and probably more that Ultimecia doesn't know how to give constructive criticism, being a mad, megalomaniacal sorceress bent on the goals that she is.

Hyperion4444
08-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Or perhaps Ultimecia controls him instead of just being manipulated.
but he does seem to have his full control of himself...