PDA

View Full Version : Home renovating shows...

White Raven
03-31-2008, 01:04 AM
Often times, as I sit writing endless papers and lab writeups, I find myself changing the channel to the HGTV channel [Canada] (Home and Garden TV). I just love watching people renovate their homes! Some of my favourite home renovating shows include:
~Holmes on Homes
~Flip that House
~How not to Decorate
~Colin and Justin's Home Heist

Anyone else watch shows like these often?

:)

Leen-Leen
03-31-2008, 01:44 AM
My mom loves HGTV!! When I was little I used to watch some of the shows with her, but now they don't interest me much. xD The only shows I'd like to watch on HGTV are House Hunters and Design on a Dime xDD But , House Hunters isn't really a home renovation show.

Araciel
03-31-2008, 07:58 AM
My sister loves them because she wants desperately to buy a house.

I find them boring, since I've done renovation work as a profession and hated it :S

Breine
03-31-2008, 02:37 PM
No, not really. I used to watch them sometimes if I were bored, but those days are over now.

Flying Mullet
03-31-2008, 02:40 PM
I usually end up on Discovery or The History Channel when I'm watching something "educational".

Randgris
04-11-2008, 03:49 PM
I used to watch, when we still had cable. But now... :(

Heath
04-11-2008, 06:03 PM
If I had Sky and wanted to watch something factual, I'd normally go for one of the History channels (UKTV History, The History Channel, etc). I've watched the odd episode of Ground Force when it used to be on, but never had much interest in houses themselves.

Miriel
04-11-2008, 11:30 PM
I watch some shows about flipping houses on Bravo sometimes. But not that often. My parents flip homes irl so I'm not terribly interested in seeing how other people do it except to get ideas/inspiration sometimes and pass it on to my parents.

Rye
04-11-2008, 11:35 PM
I watch some shows about flipping houses on Bravo sometimes. But not that often. My parents flip homes irl so I'm not terribly interested in seeing how other people do it except to get ideas/inspiration sometimes and pass it on to my parents.

Oooh, that's neat!

My Dad watches them a lot too, for a similar reason, because my grandpa used to flip homes back in Italy, before it was the "cool" thing to do. He actually renovated a whole condo building, and gave it to my grandma, which she lived in and owned until she came over here.

Calliope
04-12-2008, 01:42 AM
I don't watch much television, but I'd like for someone to organise for me to be the benefactor of such a show! A crack team of declutterers would turn up to my house in a black unmarked van, and take away all of the books, clothes and miscellaneous junk I don't want anymore, and pay me $500 for it. Then a second team would arrive and carefully pack the things I do want, and ship them to America for me. Roll credits!

blim
04-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Ive seen holmes on homes a couple of times and cant help wondering.

Why do Americans build their houses out of wood? No wonder your cities collapse when a tornado comes. Try bricks next time.