PDA

View Full Version : Unemployed Persons(known as U.P.)

Fonzie
03-31-2008, 01:57 PM
So, I was going to work normally, just chilling and stocking the floor, when my supervisor tells me that I'd have to come to work at 6:00 in the morning. I was like, alright, I'll just call in sick, so I did.

Skip to Saturday night, I have to go to work again on a Sunday morning at 6:00. So, I just decide not to go anymore...

Anyways, talk about your quitting/firing of jobs.

Garnie
03-31-2008, 02:06 PM
telling people the reason why i came out of work would take about 7 zillion pages so ill stick it into lammens terms
i wanted a coffee machine
they had a coke machine
i though it was degrading to coffee
i was set on fire
i was a fire risk
i left!
fun huh! ^^;

Flying Mullet
03-31-2008, 02:09 PM
Not going back to your job is the worst way you could quit. When you apply for a new job if the potential employer finds out that you "up and left" there's a good chance they won't hire you unless they're desperate.

Peegee
03-31-2008, 02:11 PM
I've never quit a job because I hated the place. In order:

- Wendy's: I took 3 weeks off and basically never went back after bc they didn't call me. It was the end of the summer anyway. Oh well, 750$ lost

- Painting/stocking shelf job at pharmacy: was planned to end after 3 weeks. No hard feelings. I got drunk as a poet and vomited 3 times.

- Telecommunications installer: I worked under my dad and he 'fired' me so I could collect unemployment insurance LOL

Balzac
03-31-2008, 02:23 PM
I quit a job as a web developer because it came apparent my boss knew nothing of how websites worked. Also, he expected me to have 5 maybe more websites done a week on my own. Not possible, especially on the wages he was giving me.

rubah
03-31-2008, 03:40 PM
I went on vacation for two weeks before giving my two[four] weeks notice? :D In fact, my last day was right before the massive YAYA LETS CLEAN THE ENTIRE STORE BEFORE WE CLOSE IT FOR TWO WEEKS.
They tried to get me to come in and work from 7a-12pm but I wasn't having it. It was BAND TIEM.

Jess
04-01-2008, 12:00 AM
I've never been fired from a job, but I've left a few. I left the job prior to the one I have now because I was going back to college. :jess:

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
04-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Don't you need a job first before you can get fired or quit?

Actually, sadly. My girlfriend just found out today is her last day. The people she is working for told her that they were letting her go, and then told her today was her last day.
Yeah, I don't like them anymore.

Which means I HAVE to get a job now. Craptarts.

Agrias
04-01-2008, 12:12 AM
I was fired from one job because i said i "ate all the coffee" and one of the members of the club thought that was rude. I still got them their coffee though :(

My last job was ridiculous though. I have insane experience in hostess/waitressing work and this job put me on minimum wage thinking it would be the hardest job i've ever done. Well it wasnt, i sat there telling people where to sit :S

So anyways i got fired from there cause i was 15 minutes late and already had one writeup for something that was way out of my power. In the meantime, there are people who still havent been fired from there and they have 17 writeups. Go figure :S

....I think its cause i'm Greek...

Yamaneko
04-01-2008, 01:07 AM
I've never been fired or laid off. I've usually quit my jobs because I found something that pays better.

Heath
04-01-2008, 01:35 AM
I stopped doing some admin work for a family friend's company over the summer because his plan to expand the business onto eBay hadn't yielded as much success as we'd hoped. Mutual agreement and we were both happy about it. Was me that brought up the idea of leaving anyway, when some more formal work came up.

fire_of_avalon
04-01-2008, 01:44 AM
I've never been fired or laid off. I've usually quit my jobs because I found something that pays better.

And I've always given appropriate notice besides that one time in the textbook department. I worked for them for two days and on the third day seriously almost had an anxiety attack of returning because I hated it so much. I walked around the store for half an hour trying to find one of my bosses or ANYONE to tell them I was quitting but I couldn't so I just left and wrote them an e-mail. Not professional, but I'm not using them as a reference ever.

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-01-2008, 01:51 AM
Quit a telemarketing job. Did not give them two weeks noticed. I basically took it while waiting to hear back from another place, the thing was previously I had applied somewhere and was told they would contact me soon but never did though I tried to get hold of them for a month. Anyways, basically I found out I got my current job it was either take it or stay at a call centre which tends to have high turn-over rates. Interestingly enough, when I went back to get info for my student loans, they were no longer there, nor id their phone number work. Only worked there for 11 days though. :/

Namelessfengir
04-01-2008, 03:01 AM
at my last job the scheduling was :skull::skull::skull::skull: so after seeing that i didn't get anymore work for the week i went job hunting only they updated my week after i left so i missed three days work... i was going to quit anyway. not enough pay not enough hours boss was an ass