PDA

View Full Version : Nightwish!!!

FallenSilence
03-31-2008, 04:04 PM
So...I saw them live at Birmingham on Saturday, and I thought theywere absolutely amazing. I wasn't sure what to epect from their new singer Annete after hearing Tarja's vocals, but I was pleasantly suprised.

I was just wondering if anyone else happened to be there at all? Or if you've seen them elsewhere and had an opinion? Just anything about them, really :)

Bloodline666
03-31-2008, 04:29 PM
I first found out about Nightwish when I saw the video for "Wish I Had An Angel" on Headbangers Ball about 2 and a half years ago. I was intrigued by the dual vocals that contrast each other; the charming female vocals along with the metal male vocals from the bassist.

Nightwish continues to fascinate me even to this day, even though they're not as heavy as my musical tastes tend to shift towards. Annete's vocals just move me just as well as Tarja's, though the pure metalhead side of me wants me to believe that the bassist's vocals are better (though I try often to shake off the temptation of thinking that way).

qwertysaur
03-31-2008, 04:49 PM
Nightwish is amazing. I love nemo and Amaranth.

Nominus Experse
03-31-2008, 08:36 PM
I do not like Nightwish, and find it difficult to understand why people do.

But the same could be said of much of anyone's music, including my own.

edczxcvbnm
03-31-2008, 08:40 PM
I saw "Wish I Had An Angel" and laughed my ass of at the ridiculousness of it all xD

Tallulah
03-31-2008, 08:49 PM
I prefer Within Temptation. :)

Balzac
03-31-2008, 11:49 PM
The new singer is awful.

Værn
04-01-2008, 02:46 AM
My friend told me that I might like them. I actually just finished the torrent last night while I was asleep. I have yet to listen to everything; rating pending.

Montoya
04-01-2008, 03:10 AM
I used to like them about two years ago. They have some pretty good songs and then some pretty boring songs. Try Tristania, they're better in my opinion.

Rase
04-01-2008, 03:30 AM

Obsidian
04-04-2008, 05:08 PM
I really love the sound of fantasy-themed metal/rock, and Nightwish has an especially beautiful sounding vocalist, but the lyrics usually end up making me giggle. Nightwish, Blind Guardian, and (I think) Stratovarius have all done really cheesy songs about LotR/The Tolkienverse... Which doesn't only incite giggles from me, but massive eye-rolls as well.

I can see myself liking Nightwish alot more if I had discovered them when I was younger. Back in the day when I wrote lyrics on my school binders. :rolleyes2

Krelian
04-05-2008, 01:31 PM
They're OK, I used to listen to them some years ago and was at a concert once too (my very first concert, incidentally), but my taste in music has changed by now. Sometimes I still listen to some of their songs, I also like the new singer.

Selena_Akariko
04-05-2008, 01:38 PM
I like both :) Both bands have masterpieces that I really love to listen to :)

:save: Selena

o_O
04-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Nightwish, Blind Guardian, and (I think) Stratovarius have all done really cheesy songs about LotR/The Tolkienverse... Which doesn't only incite giggles from me, but massive eye-rolls as well.

You should check out the album "...Where the Shadows Lie" by Battlelore. It's and entire album of female-fronted LotR-metal. :p

I like Nightwish. I think Once is by far their best album. I also like Annette's vocals. Tarja's bore me after listening to them for a while.

Breine
04-05-2008, 02:27 PM
I've never been into them myself, but lots of people at the High School I went to really liked them.. I guess their music is okay, but I don't really understand the hype.

I guess it's all about preference, though.