PDA

View Full Version : Your mom goes to college~

Rye
03-31-2008, 07:52 PM
For those who're entering college: When are you going, and where? For those who are in college: When does it end, and where are you going? Anyone planning to study abroad? :bigsmile:

I start college in University of Rhode Island in September! It's 4 hours away from home, I'm excited. As for studying abroad, as long as everything falls though right, I'm going to study Music in Jolly Old England for a semester in my second year. :jess:

Necronopticous
03-31-2008, 07:57 PM
I am studying Computer Science at <A href="http://www.csupomona.edu/">Cal Poly Pomona</A>. I have less than a year left.

Tavrobel
03-31-2008, 07:58 PM
University of Maryland, in September (or August for placement exams). It takes five minutes to get there, and three if I walk.

Flying Mullet
03-31-2008, 08:02 PM
I'm boycotting this thread because it excludes those that aren't entering or attending college.

Jojee
03-31-2008, 08:04 PM
Right now I go to college @ the University of Wisconsin... but next year I'm going to law school @ the University of Illinois ^_^ Yay.

Rye
03-31-2008, 08:12 PM
Oh, you've decided?! That's awesome, Joy, that's really prestigious. :bigsmile:

Rantz
03-31-2008, 08:13 PM
I'm finishing up my first year of three at Kalmar University (Swedish), where I study Interaction Design (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interaction_design). I've been thinking about doing [part of] my 2nd or 3rd year abroad, but I'm such a pansy I probably won't go through with it.

Madame Adequate
03-31-2008, 08:28 PM
I am studying International Relations & Politics at the internationally renowned De Montfort University. *Suppresses guffaw*

I will get my Bachelor's in 2009, and I will then continue on to attain a Master's degree.

qwertysaur
03-31-2008, 08:31 PM
I study environmental and forest biology and SUNY ESF. Graduate in 2011, then I'll go somewhere to get a masters.

Polaris
03-31-2008, 08:31 PM
I am at faculty in the middle of the second year studying "Literature, Languages and Culture - Via English/ German teacher" gladly in the best faculty of languages in the country! I've had the best teachers of german literature this year and I'm quite proud of it. :) It's not as bad as it looks! Next year I'll finish it and will start mastership then if all turns well I'll be able to make my doctorship to be able to teach in faculty english literature (because I live in Portugal there is just "English" subject and no literature in school)

Roto13
03-31-2008, 08:32 PM
I absolutely despised college.

escobert
03-31-2008, 08:47 PM
I'm going to go back at some point when I get my life a little more settled :P

Tallulah
03-31-2008, 08:54 PM
I loved college! I did English Language, Sociology and Media Studies, and I made a lot of friends there.

The only thing was, it was 10 miles away from my house, and on nights out I had to duck out early to get home on time.

Today I have a full-time job, but some nighs I act like I'm still in college. :p Training was like college; it was so much fun!

Jess
03-31-2008, 08:55 PM
I study Health and Social Care at Colchester Institute (which is also a part of Essex University, but I'm only in the college part), and hope to do a BSc degree in Psychology and then hopefully an MSc in Forensic Psychology afterwards.

I haven't thought of where I'd like to go to study, and will possibly do my degree with the OU so that I can work at the same time. :jess:

Zeldy
03-31-2008, 08:56 PM
Your college is our university, you confuse me.

University is years away for me, but I'm starting college next year, and I'm still undecided. It's either Carmel college or Winstanley college :{ Carmel college is the best in Merseyside, whereas Winstanley college is the best in the Northwest.

Shauna
03-31-2008, 09:01 PM
I'm off to The University of Glasgow as of September of this year, studying some form of Biomedical Science. Whoo~ Shall be great.

And in terms of studying abroad... well, after my third year at Uni, I may well get sent abroad for a work placement. Or I could be sent to Millport. Who knows! It all depends on which course I end up doing.

The Summoner of Leviathan
03-31-2008, 09:10 PM
I am currently at the end of my 3rd year of my Bachelor's of Arts major in World Religions, minor in East Asian cultural studies. Since I am done my minor next year all I need to take is two Religious Studies courses and the rest are electives! Oh and I go to McGill University.

As for doing study abroad, it would be hard for me as I am going into my last year so it would make things difficult especially since I am told that you have to do your last semester at McGill. Plus it is past the date to apply.

Afterwards, depending on my situation, I am either going to go for my Master's or apply to JET programme. Eventually I plan to do both. :D JET programme is basically a programme supported by the Japanese government where you go to Japan for a year and are a teaching assistant in an English class. One of my TA's who did it said to my friend that basically you are a token English speaker.

Old Manus
03-31-2008, 09:17 PM
Carmel college is the best in Merseyside

is the best in Merseyside

best in Merseyside

Merseyside

Zeldy
03-31-2008, 09:21 PM
yes, MERSEYSIDE.

Peegee
03-31-2008, 09:54 PM
I'm going to move in with a college aged girl..well no, she's not college aged. Whatever.

Midgets tastes funny.

Kirobaito
03-31-2008, 10:18 PM
I am in my fourth semester at Baylor University, therefore, I will graduate in May of 2010, at which point I will go to grad school, then doctoral school.

I am studying abroad this fall, at the University of Edinburgh.

XxSephirothxX
03-31-2008, 10:25 PM
University of Georgia. Five weeks until I'm done with my second year. Then I have a miserable summer to look forward to.

Miriel
03-31-2008, 10:29 PM
Graduating with a B.A. in Sociology from the University of Southern California in... 46 days! :D

I wanted to study abroad but never got around to it. For USC, if you want to study abroad you have to have level 3 proficiency in the language of the place you're visiting. So if you want to study abroad in Italy, you need 3 years of Italian (or pass the level 3 test), same from France, Spain, Japan, etc. The only countries without language requirements was Scotland, England, and Australia. And none of those three countries really inspired me enough to want to spend $25,000 to study abroad there. The financial aspect of it was a big factor too.

But I'm hoping to spend some time in Europe after I graduate anyway. :)

ljkkjlcm9
03-31-2008, 10:30 PM
I go to Virginia Tech

THE JACKEL

Montoya
03-31-2008, 10:52 PM
Bakersfield College. :eep:
I plan to transfer to the University of California Santa Barbara, once I get my life in shape.

Ouch!
03-31-2008, 11:33 PM
I currently attend the University of Miami where I study English literature and intend to apply for a creative writing focus within the next 24 hours. I'll be here until 2011; after that I imagine I'll head off to law school.

At some point, I will study abroad, as that is one of my old man's requirements which I must fulfill for him to continue paying my college tuition.

Aerith's Knight
03-31-2008, 11:34 PM
I am studying applied physics at the University of Eindhoven, i should graduate in 2009. I am currently studying abroad during a six months internship at the College of nanoscale science and engineering in albany, NY. Ive already completed a minor in Nanotechnology. After I graduate I'll do my masters in Nano here in albany(totally free! full scholarship!) and thats about it.. i dont feel like going for an Phd.

Yamaneko
03-31-2008, 11:39 PM
I graduated last year with a B.A. in History. I'm going to some form of grad school in 2009. I'm going to decide in the next couple of months if that will be for an M.A. or a J.D. I'm sort of leaning towards the latter at this point. If I go for my Masters then studying abroad is essentially required.

Balzac
03-31-2008, 11:42 PM
I might go back to uni to get my degree, but honestly, I don't really need it.

~*~Celes~*~
03-31-2008, 11:50 PM
Well, I was gonna go to Bowling Green State University, until I decided to move to England. Now, once I get everything sorted out (immigration papers, etc) gonna go to Blackpool and The Fylde College, an associate of Lancaster University. Planning on studying Interior Design but I'm not sure how to go about that quite yet ^^; Which is okay; I can't start college right away anyway.

rubah
04-01-2008, 12:03 AM
uark BSME 2011 woohoo

I am studying abroad this summer in besançon, france.