PDA

View Full Version : Damn you, SD card slot. Damn you to hell.

Roto13
04-01-2008, 05:40 PM
My laptop is being a bitch. It won't read from the SD card from my camera. When I put it in a few minutes ago, it said it was installing drivers. It finished and nothing happened. I took it out and put it in again and it just made that noise it makes when you connect a USB mouse or insert an SD card and immediately made it again and still nothing happened. >_> It works with my Wii SD card.

I hate my SD card slot. It doesn't even lock a card in any more. I have to hold it there. The stupid laptop is only a month and a half old.

Help me, dammit. I have important picture on my camera card for my husband's immigration stuff.

rubah
04-01-2008, 05:44 PM
you can get an external card reader to plug in via usb, in the event you desperately need access to those photos quickly. I don't know how to help you with the slot itself :(

Roto13
04-01-2008, 05:50 PM
Bah. I can get at these pictures by using my husbands laptop, and I can email myself the ones on my computer I need as well. I'd really like to be able to use my camera SD card, though, without buying another one or something. >_<

JKTrix
04-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Do you still have the cable that came with the camera that allows connection with the computer (if it came with one at all)? Perhaps your computer's slot was getting overworked from all your Brawl pics.

An external reader would be a useful backup in the future.

XxSephirothxX
04-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Have you ever used it successfully before? Sometimes in cases of hardware problems like that I've found a restart to be successful for no reason that I can explain.

edczxcvbnm
04-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Define 'Nothing Happened'. I have put in my USB stick in computers sometimes and the drive isn't there but I could still navigate to the drive letter it was suppose to be under manually >.> Have not had that happen since right after SP2 came out though.

Roto13
04-01-2008, 10:29 PM
It connects for about a sixteenth of a second and then disconnects. Nothing appears in My Computer.

I have used it successfully in the past. My Wii SD card still works fine in my laptop (except for the not locking thing). Restarting was the first thing I tried. Maybe I should have stated that in my original post. :P

My camera SD card works in my camera and my Wii. Everything is working with everything except my camera SD card and my laptop.

I don't think I can take pictures directly from my camera to my laptop beacause it's a Kodak and as far as I know, you need to install their annoying-ass software to do anything with it. Stupid everything. xP