PDA

View Full Version : Nails

Jessweeee♪
04-03-2008, 02:16 AM
Finger nails, toe nails, metal nails, people named Nail and not Neil! How long are yours? Do you paint them? Are you missing any?

I just cut my nails for the first time in years today (we're messing with clay in art, and they're getting in the way), and now I CAN'T TYPE OR OPEN THINGS! My fingers hurt when I type. My nails grow fast, and are hard enough that they don't tear or break often, so they're usually pretty long. I actually have to use my fingers and not my nails to do every day things, and I'm totally at a loss xD

I can never just twist open the caps to water bottles, I always have to use my thumb nail to break the little seals so I can drink it xD

I NEED A PERSON TO OPEN THINGS! DOES ANYONE NEED A JOB?

Balzac
04-03-2008, 02:19 AM
The nails on my right hand are fairly long for when I play the acoustic guitar. the rest are as short as possible. I don't really like long nails.

ljkkjlcm9
04-03-2008, 02:19 AM
I usually like to keep my fingernails short. The funniest part is when people complain about me accidentally scratching them. They tell me I need to cut my nails, but typically my nails are sharpest after I just did.

THE JACKEL

Madame Adequate
04-03-2008, 02:20 AM
I just cut my nails for the first time in years today

the first time in years

years

:eyebrow:

Jessweeee♪
04-03-2008, 02:28 AM
It's true.

rubah
04-03-2008, 02:29 AM
I have three long nails on each hand. This is pretty good for me 8)

(by long I mean they're about 1/5 a centimeter out from the quick)

Aerith's Knight
04-03-2008, 02:34 AM
I cut my nails every week.. no need to give a girl pain when its not neccesary.

Madame Adequate
04-03-2008, 02:36 AM
Well anyway on topic I keep my nails very short, I cut them every few days. I can't stand feeling them at all.

Shiny
04-03-2008, 02:56 AM
I usually keep them short, but all are currently long for scratching bishes! I have a French manicure right now, but many of the guys on this forum probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

Jojee
04-03-2008, 02:58 AM
I bite mine so they are always short ^^

Jessweeee♪
04-03-2008, 03:07 AM
OHNOEZ ;_;

I just realized I can't scratch people anymore! I hope they don't notice my nails...

Arc_Master_14
04-03-2008, 03:11 AM
bite bite bite chew chew chew and its not even a nervous habit just a habit

Araciel
04-03-2008, 03:26 AM
My nails are almost manicured in appearance.

Rye
04-03-2008, 03:28 AM
I'm constantly at war with my nail biting habit. I have a few long-ish nails.

Akaria
04-03-2008, 03:29 AM
http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v164/220/73/523730046/n523730046_597019_509.jpg
Yeah...You all just got pwned.

Jessweeee♪
04-03-2008, 03:30 AM
Those are purdy n.n

Akaria
04-03-2008, 03:31 AM
Haha thank you:D CSI: Miami passes time quickly...

Kes
04-03-2008, 03:33 AM
I just had to deal with the same thing since I started doing Tae Kwon Do this semester and my palms did not appreciate the abuse. It probably won't take too long to get used to (though I didn't cut them down enough that they hurt, you may want to cut it down to a safe point and then file the rest next time). I personally found typing to be a bit easier once I got used to it because I didn't have my nails to hit extra keys. And also I get to paint them more since my nails get brittle every time I paint them.

Have fun with the clay and such. And good luck with the short nails.

Vermachtnis
04-03-2008, 03:55 AM
I paint people named Nail all the time. I also chew my fingernails probably too often. I cut my toe nails when they start dragging on my socks.

Araciel
04-03-2008, 04:07 AM
Aka your hands are skinny...like a skeleton. Eat more tofu.

Akaria
04-03-2008, 04:13 AM
My hands are rather bony:D You should see me make a fist, I don't require brass knuckles to make it hurt without too much effort.

Takara
04-03-2008, 04:19 AM
I go between bouts of biting my nails and not biting my nails. Currently, it's the former.

My toenails are a different story. They're getting a bit long, I guess it's time I clip them.

Pouring Rain
04-03-2008, 04:28 AM
My nails are always long. But they break when I'm like, obsessively playing my violin, or if I'm writing a long time, and it really sucks. But like, I love my long nails. My longest one is my left pinkie, which is probably about... two centimeters. (Oh gosh they look so fake~)

The only downfall of it is that when I go to a nail salon, they never want to do anything with my fingers. Period. 'Cause most people like, have no nails, and then I come in, and then they just stare at me and say, "They're so pretty! What are we supossed to do with them?" ...It's really annoying. I kinda stopped going to them after the third time.

And that was really long. I apologize.

Momiji
04-03-2008, 04:42 AM
I usually keep them short, but all are currently long for scratching bishes! I have a French manicure right now, but many of the guys on this forum probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

I'm embarrassed to say that I know what a French manicure is. I'm probably one of few guys that know that, I guess that's just what happens when the majority of one's friends are girls.

As for my nails, I cut them as soon as they're noticeably longer (read: when I can feel them digging into my palm when I make a fist).

Aerith's Knight
04-03-2008, 05:09 AM
<!--

I'm embarrassed to say that I know what a French manicure is. I'm probably one of few guys that know that, I guess that's just what happens when the majority of one's friends are girls.

with benefits?

if no, *loses all respect in Momiji's manhood*-->
Inappropriate and off topic. Who cares? -- foa

Ashi
04-03-2008, 06:31 AM
Akaria, you have beautiful hands/nails.

Around here even guys sometimes get their nails done.

My nails are only a little long. Not long enough to get in the way of anything but not short enough so that I can't open bottles and stuff. They break easily and get bloody often when I skate and ride (especially when riding).

snacks
04-03-2008, 06:42 AM
I tend to not really pay attention to my nails until it's a bit late and I suddenly they are kinda long.

Jess
04-03-2008, 01:03 PM
My nails are short. I have a habit of biting my nails. I do it mostly do it out of boredom or when I'm nervous. I want to stop biting my nails, because they used to be pretty and now they're destroyed. :jess:

Peegee
04-03-2008, 01:15 PM

I'd defend her but she's probably underaged. Get a job, you hippies!

I tend to forget to cut my nails so they will grow out. I should really be more obsessive about my grooming.

Kasou
04-03-2008, 01:29 PM
My nails never grow too long, mainly because I pick at them obsessively if I get dirty under them :bigsmile:

Zeldy
04-03-2008, 04:42 PM
My nails are very long as I've never bit them or anything, I think it's gross :p They only ever get so long until they snap, they always snap really far down and I have to pull it off and it's like owwww! but then in a matter of weeks they're back to being really long again.

People say my nails are more like daggers, especially my little fingers, they go huuuge! I'm always scratching myself and other people too xD

smittenkitten
04-03-2008, 05:06 PM
I bit my nails when I'm nervous. I've tried to stop but failed terribly. I do paint them though with a nice clear nail varnish. It makes them shiny and helps them grow. :)

Cookie
04-03-2008, 05:08 PM
I bite my nails when I'm nervous, too. Or when I'm just bored or something.

strawberryman
04-03-2008, 08:43 PM
Fingernails? What are those? I have claws.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
04-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Mine are always cut short and filed smooth. It bothers me if they are not. I picked up this habit from wrestling for four years. You have to keep them short.

But I am also obsessive about my grooming habits. My nails are always short and smooth. Depending on the length, my hair has certain styles. And I always smell good. Hygiene is very important.

cloud21zidane16
04-03-2008, 09:08 PM
Mine are short because i bite them a lot, but if they get to short my fingers feel so sore.

Xander
04-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Fingernails? What are those? I have claws.

Hey, me too :o

Anyway, I bite my nails, pretty much always have, so they are short but I like them like that. I hate when they even get a little long it's so weird!

I guess it's not very hygienic but wutever. My friend bites his entire fingers so they bleed and THATS horrible.

Akaria
04-03-2008, 09:48 PM

I'd defend her but she's probably underaged. Get a job, you hippies!
18 is underaged?:shifty:

I usually try not to bite my nails because my roommate does it obsessively and it's just obnoxious. I can't help it when I'm really nervous though. It's always either they're short, or super long. I like them inbetween, but whenever they start getting long it's like, "Ooh, let's see how long they can get!":D