PDA

View Full Version : I don't wanna watch American Idol anymore...

Randgris
04-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Ramielle Malubay got voted off. She's just soo cute, I can't believe they really sent her home. She has a very small frame but a very big voice, I think it was planted... They took her off cause she can't sing country, but the other contestant, whose foorte was country, was also in the bottom two and she was still on, she's been in the bottom two three times already. American Idol is more of popularity more than talent competition. Hey don't ban me I'm just expressing my dissapointment.

Flying Mullet
04-03-2008, 04:25 PM
I lost any interest in American Idol long ago. I don't even have any interest in watching the train wrecks at the beginning of the season.

edczxcvbnm
04-03-2008, 04:29 PM
She wasn't that good and of course it is a popularity contest. Who wants to pay someone to make an album if people don't like the person?

smittenkitten
04-03-2008, 05:13 PM
I haven't watched American Idol in ages. The onyl reason me and Daniel watch it is for the terrible auditions. Some of them are hillarious. :p

Flying Mullet
04-03-2008, 05:17 PM
I haven't watched American Idol in ages. The onyl reason me and Daniel watch it is for the terrible auditions. Some of them are hillarious. :p
I see you as one of those people that sings along with the show whenever you know the song.

ljkkjlcm9
04-03-2008, 05:17 PM
American Idol is a popularity contest. But the sad part is, half the people who vote are not the type that will ever buy CDs. So that's why sometimes the winner does worse than the people who finished below them.

I don't watch it past the auditions either, that's about the only part that entertains me. Sometimes it makes me wonder if these people actually think they can sing, or are just trying to get on TV or something.

THE JACKEL

Breine
04-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Is she the small Asian girl?

Anyway, I don't really watch American Idol apart from the audition shows and then maybe the Hollywood week. Other than that I only watch it sometimes; I've watched it Saturday/Sunday afternoon, where it's on in Denmark, while having a hangover. It's great hangover TV.

snacks
04-03-2008, 06:07 PM
I only watched last season because of Chris Richardson tbh.

At any rate, it's a popularity contest, LOOK AT SANJAYA (sp).

Polaris
04-03-2008, 06:12 PM
I never saw any interest in that contest! at least with portuguese contests, I saw them as desperate people most who just thought they could sing and supringly the only who could sing lost and those who won never got any job in music coz they are just not talented enough! So it was just a big joke for me!

Captain Maxx Power
04-04-2008, 12:35 AM
After this lunatic;

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/ap/fd44637a-d2a9-4c45-94e8-60c5b3bf72a9.widec.jpg

every season of America Idol hasn't been worth a damn.

Vermachtnis
04-04-2008, 12:38 AM
I can never say I've ever been interested in that show.

Dolentrean
04-04-2008, 12:39 AM
They still make American Idol O.o Wow, and I thought that people got tired of watching people try to sing awile ago.

Araciel
04-04-2008, 12:44 AM
Those people are the lowest form of entertainment.

blackmage_nuke
04-04-2008, 01:29 AM
That show just felt like a 'popstar' (another singing show a few years before it) wanabe without the funny starburst ads. Which was a main part of why i watched popstar.

Yar
04-04-2008, 04:00 AM
Only one winner has ever actually "won" American Idol. Her name is Kelly Clarkson and she won because people actually buy her music because, well, she's actually pretty damn good. No one else who has won has really "won."

The sceond over all "winner" was Clay Aiken, and he didn't even win his season.

Many of the winners have been dropped from their labels and fall back into obscurity. Where the hell is that fat-ass Ruben Studdard?

The winner from last year's songs suck (forget her name). They are about arbitrary metaphors like calling their love a ------- tattoo, and not being with her man being like having no ------- air. My five year nephew can write better songs.

I have not watched American Idol since season two, and I don't plan to start watching again.

ljkkjlcm9
04-04-2008, 04:36 AM
Idk, I think Carrie Underwood is doing pretty well for herself.

THE JACKEL

Bart's Friend Milhouse
04-05-2008, 05:27 PM
I'm only interested in watching the goofs at the first audition

Bloodline666
04-06-2008, 07:13 AM
American Idol is loaded with talentless posers. They flat-out don't know master musicianship when they hear it, and the people who vote don't know talent when they hear it, either. I'll bet you anything the people who vote don't even have a copy of Led Zeppelin IV, or Rust In Peace in their CD collection. Jimmy Page could make better music than these talentless dweebs in his sleep.

Talk to me when Simon Cowell gives a positive critique on someone's rendition of Stairway To Heaven. Otherwise, I won't even be watching that damn show.

daggertrepe
04-06-2008, 09:38 PM
After Carrie, AI got boring. No one pwns Carrie U.

Polaris
04-06-2008, 09:43 PM
American Idol is loaded with talentless posers. They flat-out don't know master musicianship when they hear it, and the people who vote don't know talent when they hear it, either. I'll bet you anything the people who vote don't even have a copy of Led Zeppelin IV, or Rust In Peace in their CD collection. Jimmy Page could make better music than these talentless dweebs in his sleep.

Talk to me when Simon Cowell gives a positive critique on someone's rendition of Stairway To Heaven. Otherwise, I won't even be watching that damn show.

Led Zeppelin? Correct me if I'm wrong but American Idol wasn't suppose to be "creating" pop singers?

Bloodline666
04-07-2008, 05:32 AM

Led Zeppelin? Correct me if I'm wrong but American Idol wasn't suppose to be "creating" pop singers?

That's exactly the point I was trying to make. This manufactured "pop" music that we are being force-fed on TV is nothing more than glorified bull:skull::skull::skull::skull:. To me, only TWO genres of music exist; there's great music (for example, artists like the aforementioned Led Zeppelin; I'm not even a Zeppelin fan, and know enough about their music to know that it is good), and then there's crap! This American Idol BS clearly falls into the category of crap!

Germ Hamee
04-07-2008, 05:34 AM
I'm not normally into this show, but I've been keeping up with this season. I really like David Cook, and look forward to seeing what he does after this is over.