PDA

View Full Version : old food

rubah
04-04-2008, 02:07 AM
I am making a batch of ramen from 2002. It says so on the label. It is 'roast chicken flavor'. I didn't start eating ramen until long after 2002 I think. (maybe 2004). will I die?

Akaria
04-04-2008, 02:08 AM
Possibly. My boyfriend had some ramen (of the beef variety, I believe) that was a year and a half old, and he had a stomach ache for the rest of the night.

Good luck to you though, Rubah!

Shiny
04-04-2008, 02:13 AM
Too bad it wasn't an expired canned good. You could have gotten lucky with Botulism.

bipper
04-04-2008, 02:15 AM
Raman is always safe and Botulism is my favorite spice.

Godspeed Rubah!

rubah
04-04-2008, 02:15 AM
not dead yet!

bipper
04-04-2008, 02:17 AM
how about now?

rubah
04-04-2008, 02:20 AM
no, it's not very tasty though. It doesn't seem like the flavoring wants to stick to the noodles :(

bipper
04-04-2008, 02:22 AM
How about now?

Will the flavoring act like a cholesterol's filler to the meat sugars in the boolean that rip your veins up and cause cholesterol to pool in for a patch job but thanks to the defective flavoring causes an over abundance of cholesterol to form cutting off the blood to the brain and you get that different stroke and wake up thinking you are Gary Coleman?

Tavrobel
04-04-2008, 02:22 AM
No, you should be fine. The only real problem you'll encounter from the noodles is the spicy taste soaking into the noodles more easily than you might have expected. Dried stuff that comes in bags, with preservers, and spices tend not to have a serious expiration date. Or at least, that's been my experience with ramen noodles.

rubah
04-04-2008, 02:24 AM
still not dead >:[ remind me never to recommend suicide by ramen to anyone.

by spicy taste soaking in, does that ostensibly make it more or less spicy? because the broth is pretty dark looking

bipper
04-04-2008, 02:27 AM
Are you dead yet?

I am not sure exactly. I thought they just applied MSG like mad to the thing. So when aliens come down in 8 million years to play alien autopsy with your violated corpse (sorry, you live in the south - I read it happens a lot there) they will find a perfectly preserved rubah and be able to resurrect her as a Kerrigan like thing who will then run the Zerg and take over the universe unless the remaining humans team up with these scaly people with no mouths.

the future is weird.

rubah
04-04-2008, 02:28 AM
that sounds pretty cool except I like having a mouth

Vermachtnis
04-04-2008, 02:29 AM
You know that would be the lamest obituary ever. Death by noodles xD

bipper
04-04-2008, 02:39 AM
You know that would be the lamest obituary ever. Death by noodles xD

http://goefriends.com/img/DTR.jpg
Noodles is a fucking killa

P.S. You dead yet?

Tavrobel
04-04-2008, 02:39 AM
still not dead >:[ remind me never to recommend suicide by ramen to anyone.

by spicy taste soaking in, does that ostensibly make it more or less spicy? because the broth is pretty dark looking

Well, it gets into the noodles, then it gets out real quick. This usually affects the broth in a fashion more than the noodles themselves; it makes it slightly spicier (the broth). Unless you eat the noodles damn fast, then your mouth will burn itself off and you'll more or less be breathing fire all day (and something involving other orifices as well).

Kerrigan like thing who will then run the Zerg and take over the universe unless the remaining humans team up with these scaly people with no mouths.

A) Kerrigan never died
B) the Zerg evolve through assimilation, not necromancy
C) rubah isn't a Psionically-gifted individual who was trained by the Confederacy
D) the Protoss and Terrans are not on good terms. Only Raynor's Raiders are, and he is gone (possibly wherever Zeratul is)
E) there was a C. Live with it. Can I GOE now?

bipper
04-04-2008, 02:41 AM
Kerrigan like thing who will then run the Zerg and take over the universe unless the remaining humans team up with these scaly people with no mouths.

A) Kerrigan never died
B) the Zerg evolve through assimilation, not necromancy
C) rubah isn't a Psionically-gifted individual who was trained by the Confederacy
D) the Protoss and Terrans are not on good terms. Only Raynor's Raiders are, and he is gone (possibly wherever Zeratul is)
E) there was a C. Live with it. Can I GOE now?

What!? You think this is a game!? I am talking about the future of the human race.
Xanu save you.

Tavrobel
04-04-2008, 02:54 AM
Xanu save you.

You mean Xenu?

I follow the Slightly-Grey Lord Chac and his little brother Abaddon. He is a graceful master.

rubah
04-04-2008, 02:57 AM
bipper wants to kill me, what the heck :confused:

bipper
04-04-2008, 03:05 AM
Are you dead yet?

Xanu save you.

You mean Xenu?

I follow the Slightly-Grey Lord Chac and his little brother Abaddon. He is a graceful master.

Xanu is it's net-tard counterpart. :choc2:

bipper wants to kill me, what the heck :confused:

:confused: nope. (despite the fact that you are a CK) Noodles of 'Offspring' fame evidently does. I am pulling for ya.

rubah
04-04-2008, 03:08 AM
*:love: bipper*

okay, I think I might survive this. . . oh god*runs*

bipper
04-04-2008, 03:24 AM
Are you dead yet?

I really hope you did not flush yourself down the toilet. If you did though, and you somehow get this post, say "Hi" to Mario and the gang for me. k?

Araciel
04-04-2008, 03:39 AM
Ramen can't get any worse for you than it is fresh anyway.

qwertysaur
04-04-2008, 04:17 AM
Ramen can kill you, just eat it for every meal. You heart will stop eventually.

Madame Adequate
04-04-2008, 04:22 AM
My general key of reference is "Is the food the color it's meant to be?" If y = eat, if n = cook it then eat.

Lawr
04-04-2008, 04:33 AM
Back in the day you could eat raw meat straight out of the package like a barbarian and you would not get sick. Nowadays if you eat raw meat you get some kind of evolved cybernetic new strand of crabs

I predict rubah will die in fiv--four minutes

Madame Adequate
04-04-2008, 04:36 AM
Back in the day you could eat raw meat straight out of the package like a barbarian and you would not get sick. Nowadays if you eat raw meat you get some kind of evolved cybernetic new strand of crabs

I predict rubah will die in fiv--four minutes

I ate raw bacon awhile back. Got laughed at for it but I WAS FINE HAHAHAHA WHO IS LAUGHING NOW?

Lawr
04-04-2008, 04:39 AM
Try again and tell me what happens. This time let it sit in the sun for a couple of months. Don't keep it in your mouth too long, cause the texture of the big heaving mushrooms might make you puke

Momiji
04-04-2008, 04:43 AM
no, it's not very tasty though. It doesn't seem like the flavoring wants to stick to the noodles :(

Oh ewwww. I'd throw it out and make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

rubah
04-04-2008, 05:08 AM
okay so I'm alive! and well! false alarm earlier :bigsmile:

MILF, there was a show on TV I watched back when I still did my math homework while I was doing my math homework, and one episode had a family that only ate raw food and they would eat it like every five hours, even at night. I think it was trading spouses actually.

qwertysaur
04-04-2008, 05:09 AM
Yummy?

Momiji
04-04-2008, 05:13 AM
okay so I'm alive! and well! false alarm earlier :bigsmile:

MILF, there was a show on TV I watched back when I still did my math homework while I was doing my math homework, and one episode had a family that only ate raw food and they would eat it like every five hours, even at night. I think it was trading spouses actually.

Oh, I saw that one! I think it was Wife Swap though. :p

rubah
04-04-2008, 05:14 AM
It might've been! I was more interested in nanny 911 for future tips on how not to parent xD

Randgris
04-04-2008, 09:34 AM
I assume what you ate was processed dried Ramen. If that's the case you are very lucky. Processed dry foods have longer shelf life than all canned goods. Unless it has mold in it then you will be upset.