PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 : Compilation of Answers

DK
04-04-2008, 02:55 AM
1. When is double posting okay?

When you have something relevant to add to an art/writing topic, and I think it flies in Mafia games as well, but other than that it's edit function all the way.

2. What is the signature size limit?

550 pixels wide, 250 tall including text and 50kb. Leeza can probably attest that I should definitely know this.

3. When should the warn button be used and when should it not?

The warn button is there to refer staffers to things like insults, excess spam and things like posting inappropriate pictures etc. Certainly not to be used for things like songs dedicated to the staff, and definitely not to be used to call the staff rude words. Definitely not.

4. How can a banned member get unbanned?

They have to appeal their case after the ban term is served and then it's up to the discretion of the staff whether they get unbanned or not.

5. What is EoFF's policy on cursing?

As EoFF is a family friendly forum it is frowned upon, but light cursing such as "Damn" and so forth seems to pass. Also the censors are there for a reason so don't dodge them!

6. Psychotic has found your old second account but thinks it belongs to crashNUMBARs. Would you, and if so how, inform him of the discrepancy? You still want to use the account in future.

Just 'fess up and tell him. Honestly, Psy is one of the staffers who knows every account I've ever made on this website already. Not like it is something I would hide if someone asked me about anyway, I've got no plans to use them for anything terrible.

7. crono_logical is injecting javascript into everyone's posts that makes pictures of penises and vaginas (nonos on eoff!) pop up on every thread. How do you confront him and get him banned, him being an administrator and you a lowly Cid's Knight who can't ban admin?

First do whatever is possible to get rid of the offensive images, then bring it up with the rest of staff ASAP. Strength in numbers, and all that jazz.

8. rubah won't shut the smurf up. You're really tired of her spamming everywhere and you think it's giving the rest of the staff a bad, if rather active, name. How do you tell her children are better seen and not heard?

In a PM/IM or what have you, somewhere private. But then just tell it like it is, and say what needs to be said. I am not a fan of skirting the issue really. Not issues like this anyway!

9. Hsu hasn't performed a moderative action in a year. Pick a course of either trying to drive him off staff or drive him to activity and state how you would do it. Assume that Loony BoB is on your side and no one else is.

Same deal, really. Get him on an IM/PM and ask him what the deal is, try and talk him into getting back into the swing of things if he seems receptive and if not then put it out there that he may as well step down and hand the role to someone who really wants to do it if he cba. Being up front is the best way to do things.

10. Congratulations! You've just been made a Cid's Knight and you've decided to host a EoFF meetup at your house to celebrate. While you and your fellow EoFF buddies are partying it up, several people manage to browse a bit through the staff forum via your personal computer. What do you do?

I guess try and check history to see who's seen what, then bring it up in the staff forum. I don't know what the policy on that sort of thing is so just posting it out there and seeing what's what is the best way to go, and then deal with whatever comes 'cause it would have been my own fault for leaving the opportunity there for people to do it in the first place, so suck it up and deal.

edit: I know ya'll are trying to post as little as possible in these confessional things but if you all need to clarify anything just ask and I'll do it to the best of my abilities

Tavrobel
04-04-2008, 03:04 AM
It is discouraged, but allowed for in threads that update themselves. Things like the Signature forums threads (eg, Polaris, Owen, etc), news (my KHII thread was littered with double posts), and Frontsite updates (again, I littered the thread with multi-posts).

550/250 L*H in pixels. Includes text. 50 KB for images.

To notify moderators of rules-violating posts. Obscenity, rudeness, and things of that sort are Warnable. These Warns should not be used to directly argue with the person at fault, as there is no knowledge of the warn to the offending person, nor should it be used to personally chat with a moderator; they (shouldn't) know, either.

Two years appeal, April Fool's Day, or the Fencing Cactuar exception. Accidentally banned members may make an immediate appeal to the moderators right away if they have a good case.

This forum is open to both children and adults. Though cursing exists, it should be used sparingly. Excessive, nuke-chained insults or derrogatory uses are not encouraged, and may result in warnings.

6. Psychotic has found your old second account but thinks it belongs to crashNUMBARs. Would you, and if so how, inform him of the discrepancy? You still want to use the account in future.
Hold up, Psychotic found it? I would argue that he is Psychotic, and let's face it. It's Psychotic.

On a more serious note, I would provide a reason for which the account was used (something like a competition where you needed to masquerade as someone else). Not that I would be found in this situation; if I want to tell someone something, I'll just tell them.

7. crono_logical is injecting javascript into everyone's posts that makes pictures of penises and vaginas (nonos on eoff!) pop up on every thread. How do you confront him and get him banned, him being an administrator and you a lowly Cid's Knight who can't ban admin?
Make a thread in the staff forum and provide screenshots. This hypothetical situation must hypothetically be made knowledge to the rest of the Staff, who are capable of resolving justice.

8. rubah won't shut the smurf up. You're really tired of her spamming everywhere and you think it's giving the rest of the staff a bad, if rather active, name. How do you tell her children are better seen and not heard?
Most likely a personal appeal via whatever contact method is available at the time. Taking into circumstances, if EoFF hit a recession, I would encourage the posting to at least stimulate activity, even if it is mostly "omg w3 haet j00z rubarhb" threads. Ignoring that I would just tell her to shut up and give a rational explanation accompanied by reasons for it.

9. Hsu hasn't performed a moderative action in a year. Pick a course of either trying to drive him off staff or drive him to activity and state how you would do it. Assume that Loony BoB is on your side and no one else is.
Sup kikimm?

Again, I would post it in the staff Forums and make it knowledgeable to the powers that be. I would follow on the argument that inactive moderators are not conducive to a dynamic online community, especially when people might send requests to him without an expectation of response. A year is already enough.

If I wanted to be a jerk, I might just tell Loony BoB who is on my side to just remove the CK status unilaterally. If he hasn't been on, I would suspect that people would not notice. I will ignore his relationship with rubah.

10. Congratulations! You've just been made a Cid's Knight and you've decided to host a EoFF meetup at your house to celebrate. While you and your fellow EoFF buddies are partying it up, several people manage to browse a bit through the staff forum via your personal computer. What do you do?
This would never happen to me as I have no friends, but okay.

I would find out how much they know (internet logs, anyone?), what they know, and how severe it is. If any such information could potentially compromise the Staff in a manner, that person(s) would be confronted and most likely banned on the spot.

In a more ethical manner, I would request to remove myself from Staff for having allowed the trust placed in my station to be violated. I would also let my failure be known to the remaining Staff and work to ensure that justice be resolved.

Linus
04-04-2008, 03:09 AM
Questions:

Confessional threads. Otherwise, don't ever double post. All members have access to the edit button.

Maximum height: 250 pixels
Maximum width: 550 pixels
Maximum file size: 50kb
This includes all images and text within the signature.

The warn button should be used by any member who is offended or feels uncomfortable with what's contained in the post. This could be because of obscenities, racism, sexism, vulgar content, or basically anything that is actually offensive and inappropriate. It can also be used for completely off-topic posts such as "ROCKY IV IS THE BEST ONE" in a discussion about the materia system, or a post that says "CLOUD IS AWESOME" in a thread about puppies. The warn button should not be used to be silly and warn your friends, and should not be used after a moderator has already attended to the issue.

Two years of being on a full ban is enough time for members to learn their lessons and return if they wish.

Cursing is not generally tolerated as evidenced by some of the swear filters that are active. Posts containing excessive language should be and will be edited, with warnings attached.

Second accounts aren't allowed. Just ask Farside, NPC, Halloween, Penguins Attack!, Squires, and Caspian. If I did somehow forget one of my past second accounts and Psychotic misattributed it to dear old crashNUMBERS, I would just say "Hey, sorry, that's one of my old ones. Go ahead and ban it, as I don't really have a need for second accounts now that I am no longer banned, and go easy on crash. Tyluvubyekthx."

I would call Cid up like I do from time to time and say "Sean, sweety, it appears clout's gone berserk and needs to be banned."
Or I would notify another administrator ASAP, maybe even tell the new owners so that they can also try to take legal action on him.

If I'm genuinely concerned that she's spamming too much, I'll send her a pm first saying that she's setting a bad example and that I'm seeing a trend of members being spammier than usual and that we should all try to cut back just for a little while. If things don't improve I may bring it up to the staff forum, as talking behind peoples' backs is unprofessional.

I'll drive to his university and kill Darren McFadden's family and I'll leave a note saying "Stu you best be moddin' some more." Or I would just send him a pm cause we're buddies and stuff and I want him to not forget this responsibility. He is going through a lot right now though with college and work, so depending on the time I might just suggest he take some time off from modding or retire to focus on more important real life stuff.

Well at this point in the rhetorical, it sounds like they've already gotten into the forum so there's no preventing what they might say to others. I think the only thing possible would be to kick them off once discovered and notify the rest of the staff that there's been an information leak and that we should press the red button as soon as possible for the mind-erasing javascript to take effect.

Old Manus
04-04-2008, 03:14 AM
Here we go

1. When you're posting in a thread with a topic which is constantly being updated
2. Width of 550px, height of 250px
3. THE WARN BUTTON MUST ALWAYS BE USED
4. Wait 2 years and appeal
5. Don't do it too much and don't go around the filter
6. (this sounds strangely familiar) I'd PM him and we discuss our plan to use the account next April fool's day
7. Take screenshots, delete posts, make a thread in staff about it
8. With a firm voice, besides, who cares if I think rubah isn't funny when we ALL know Aerith's Knight definitely isn't funny
9. Make a srs business thread informing the rest of staff and hopefully start srs business discussion about it (:cry:)
10. Rape. Or I don't know, log them off, make them unsee it. Are you really that uptight?

Araciel
04-04-2008, 03:26 AM
First off, I'd like to say how much I've enjoyed this competition, as clearly I'm somewhat unsure of myself in these answers... and I also would like to thank those who contributed the questions :D

Question The First- (From the FAQ)
"When is double-posting okay?"
Double posting is occasionally acceptable when timely updates are warranted (for example, an art or writing topic).

Question The Second - (From my User CP)
"What is the signature size limit?"
A maximum width of 550 pixels.
A maximum height of 250 pixels.
These include any text in the signature outside images.
Total file size of all images combined must not exceed 50 KiB (51,200 bytes).

Question The Third - (From the FAQ..)
"When should the warn button be used and when should it not?"
Member moderation. It’s annoying when a spammer shows up. It's just as annoying when non-staff members start saying things like "Oh my god you spammer" or "Close this thread!". Please don’t do that. Just ignore the jerks and let the Mods take care of it. Posting NOTHING in response to them is the best thing to do. Unless you're a Mod, you shouldn’t be doing anything Mod-like. If you do want to help out, click the lightning bolt under the post to Warn their post and make a concise summary of what the problem is.

Question The Fourth - (From EOEO ban experience/The FAQ)
"How can a banned member get unbanned?"
There are a couple of types of ban, and for most of them, the main thing is to wise-up, be mature about it and realize your were wrong. If it's an EOEO ban, odds are you've been told how long it will last, and afterward, you're expected to be more respectful or mindful of what you say. If it's an entire forum ban, it would seem as though it will last for 2 years. At the end of this time, I assume the same is expected of you. The rules of the site aren't that strict, so it shouldn't be hard to foolow them.

Question The Fifth - (From the FAQ/Bending the rules)
Profanity. The F-word and S-word are censored automatically by the MB. Don't try to get around the censor. Doing so will result in your post being edited, and a possible warning. Other swear words are not censored, but we discourage the use of them. If a staff member deems your swearing excessive or used in an inappropriate context, your post will be edited, and you will either receive an in-thread warning, a PM about your language, or, in an extreme case, you will be banned.

-I do tend to use swear words for emphasis, or in quoting/joking, but try not to direct them at anyone or use them excessively. We're mostly more grown-up enough to accept that people swear, but have to remember to keep it G-rated as much as possible.

Question The Sixth -
"Psychotic has found your old second account but thinks it belongs to crashNUMBARs. Would you, and if so how, inform him of the discrepancy? You still want to use the account in future."

I would tell Psychotic that it must indeed be the second account of someone else, since second accounts are against the rules and I wouldn't have one. I don't still want to use it in the future, because I don't have it.

If, in some alternate dimension, I did have a second account...I would own up to it, and Tell Psy that it belonged to me via PM or IM, and if I was insistent for some reason on using it again, I would ask him what steps I'd need to take to make this crazy dream a reality.

Question The Seventh -
"crono_logical is injecting javascript into everyone's posts that makes pictures of penises and vaginas (nonos on eoff!) pop up on every thread. How do you confront him and get him banned, him being an administrator and you a lowly Cid's Knight who can't ban admin?"

I would most likely ask crono_logical about this strange flip in behaviour via PM/IM/#eoff and try to see what was going on. (Clearly someone has gotten into someone else's account for this to happen!) At the same time, I'd have to go to other CKs to see if they can contact other Admins and attempt to contact other Admins myself to see if they can put a stop to this behaviour as well.

Question The Eighth -
"rubah won't shut the smurf up. You're really tired of her spamming everywhere and you think it's giving the rest of the staff a bad, if rather active, name. How do you tell her children are better seen and not heard?"

LOL If I have a problem with a fellow CK, or Admin/sitestaff, I'll go to them directly and ask them what's going on. Likely I'd use a PM instead of an IM (if I indeed had such a person's IM contact for whatever program) to be less intrusive. If the person doesn't respond or doesn't seem to respond WELL, I'd probably approach another of our peers (another CK) and ask them if they too notice the trend.

Here, my inferior knowledge of the EoFF staff world cripples me somewhat, but maybe a thread in the staff forums wouldn't be out of the question if both of the previously mentioned avenues fail.

Question The Ninth -
"Hsu hasn't performed a moderative action in a year. Pick a course of either trying to drive him off staff or drive him to activity and state how you would do it. Assume that Loony BoB is on your side and no one else is."

Well this one's also a bit tough. Is there a quota of moderation? Do we need to close a certain amount of threads every year? While I understand that CKs should be active, there is also the possibility that he is beaten to the punch, or sometimes there isn't much modding to be done.

While there is always a need to tell people to chill, or get back on-topic, these are usually done quite quickly, if not by one CK, then by another. If he simply isn't reading a lot of threads, or not speaking up when he sees something clearly wrong going on, it doesn't make sense, but I doubt this is the case. Once again, I feel it would be better to talk to him individually before 'spurring' him into any kind of action.

The staff should be active, and should be doing it's job, and if one or more members don't seem to be doing it, then maybe less staff is necessary. This question itself makes me question the need to have another CK on-board, but if one is not doing their 'job', then they should be made to shape-up or ship out. I don't see how FORCING someone into action is ever good, so I would try to approach him directly about it first.

Question The Tenth -
"Congratulations! You've just been made a Cid's Knight and you've decided to host a EoFF meetup at your house to celebrate. While you and your fellow EoFF buddies are partying it up, several people manage to browse a bit through the staff forum via your personal computer. What do you do?"

LOL I'm so foolish and oblivious to my world..In this highly unlikely event, I'd most likely spend an hour crying in the shower trying to scrape the dirt off my STUPID STUPID body!!!...

Seriously, though, I'd have to immediately inform my fellow staffers of the situation, and seeing as how I have no idea what goes on in the Staff Forum, this could have varying degrees of consequence for me. Most likely I'd have already kept record of all those who came to my little party, so I would inform of those possibly involved, then throw myself on the mercy of the court, so to speak, and offer my services in repairing any possible damage.

Honestly...what harm can come of seeing the Keebler Elves at work?

And there you have it! Once again, thanks for taking the time to consider me, and if I don't move on, I would like to see how some current staff answer the scenarios, if not for a laugh, then for future reference :D

qwertysaur
04-04-2008, 03:32 AM
Answers posted in Green If you can't read it, just tell me and I'll change the color.

Double posting is only OK when timely updates are applicable. This includes Art threads, Writing threads, and game challenge threads.
550 by 250 pixels, and 50kb in size. This includes text.
The warn button should only be used if a user feels that someone is breaking a rule. This can be used for reviving old threads, posting an advertisement solely for the purpose of advertising, or another rule is broken and should be brought to the attention of the staff. The warn button should not be used for request of thread name changes, asking to edit a poll, or say something like "Hi rubah! PM me :)"
Either the ban was not permanent, or after at least two years, the banned member can appeal to the staff that they have reformed themselves. The entire staff must approve of the unbanning for the unbanning to go through.
The f and s words are instantly censored. Trying to get around this filter will result in a warning, and the post will be edited. Other swears can be used, but only in the appropriate context and not in excess.

I would not want another member to be unjustly punished. I would admit the account was mine, and crashNUMBARs is innocent. While the account would be fun, I would not want another member to take my blame.
I would make a thread in the staff forum explaining my case to the rest of the staff. I would present the evidence to the rest of the staff, and try my best to see justice is brought unto him. I will then wait two years and see if he appeals to come back to EoFF two years later. I would have faith in the rest of the staff to see the evidence thats in front of them.
I would send her a PM explaining that I find her spam to be too much. I would treat it no different than another non-knight member. If the problem persists, I would bring up the issue to the rest of the staff.
I would make a thread to debate removing him from staff unless he begins to do actual moderating work. I would hope the thread would inspire him to get back to modding, but if it doesn't I would present the evidence to the rest of the staff.
I would kick the people off of the computer, probably yell at them for a minute, then look through my browsing history and see what they saw. I would then give each of them a warning, and if they saw anything important, I would bring it up to the rest of the staff. I would take some responsibility for not securing my computer.

Momiji
04-04-2008, 03:34 AM
Questions:

Double posting is fine when it's used to update one's writing or art thread. It's also generally okay if you're doing a thread on your playthrough of a game, but it's nice to ask first in that case. In any other case, it is better to edit your post.

Because I often end up ignoring this rule (not on purpose!) and getting in trouble for it (Sorry, Leeza!) I almost know the rules by heart at this point. Signatures must be within 550 pixels in height and 250 pixels in size, and this includes text as well. The rule I kept getting in trouble for is because I exceed the filesize limits for images, which is 50 KB.

The 'warn' button should be used when threads are posted in the wrong location, if they contain generally offensive content, is spamming/multiposting excessively, or if they make personal attacks against a single person or group of people (e.g. racism, posts ruthlessly condemning specific religions, sexism, etc.), or any combination of the three. It is NOT okay to use the warn button if a person says something legitimate and it angers you, or if you're in an arguement and losing. Oh, and just using it to joke around is bad too.

Well, it depends on what type of ban the member is under. The duration of signature bans are usually at the CK/Admin's discretion, depending on the offense. EoEO bans generally last for about two weeks. Full bans are often permanent, but the offender has a chance to appeal their case after two years or so. Oh, and sometimes Del Murder unbans a random person just for the hell of it.

The s-word and the f-word are automatically edited. The other 'bad' words, however, aren't censored, but it's best that you don't use them TOO much.

I would inform him, but it wouldn't help my case at all. It would basically be for laughs at that point. It doesn't matter WHO the second account belongs to! Second accounts aren't allowed unless they're for Mafia or some other special occasion under admin discretion. So even if one would want to use a non-Mafia, non-permitted second account, they're screwed. Tough luck. :D

I would first screenshot the pages just in case he decides to be sneaky and delete them (just for proof!), and then I would delete the images or delete the post altogether. I would then report him to another admin, so the appropriate action can take place. And if they ask if I have any proof, I have it. It can then be posted into the hidden staff pr0n forum. Just kidding.

I would first ask her myself to stop it with an in-thread warning, and if she continues, I'd send a final warning via PM. If she continues, I would report her to the admins. And if the spamming is really bad, I would probably delete some of the posts. But rubah knows better, right? Right?

Well of course, I would take the route of pushing him into activity first. I would talk to him in a PM first about it, and if he never replies, I'd send another one to him, and then another, and then another, until his inbox is full. If such a thing were to fail at that point, I'd move on to e-mailing him. And if that doesn't work (and if he doesn't respond to PMs, I doubt he would respond to e-mail), I'd talk to BoB about it. I have a feeling the issue would end there, because it's pretty much out of my power at that point.

Well, the smart thing to do is to turn the computer off, and password-protect it if said sneaky friends try to get on. But since that isn't part of the question, I would first sneak behind them with a camera and get pictures of all of them doing such a naughty thing, so I have proof when I tell the admins. Then I would recommend a temporary ban for breaking rules and my trust (*sob*). I would then say mean things behind their back in the staff forum where they can't see it, because if they'd do such a bad thing, they definitely aren't my friends anymore! :cry:

Rye
04-04-2008, 03:34 AM

In art and writing forums as an update! Say, you have this writing thread with limericks. You play a great game of Halo 3 with Paul, Dan, and the gang, and you see him teabagging the Townses like whoa. Unf unf unf. Inspiration! You type type type your poem, and update it your thread. It's okay in that case. Yup!

550 x 250 of them there pixels. And 50 kb file size limit. Be sure you keep at this. Or Leeza will GETCHA. I swear, she will.

It should be used to make the staff aware of a broken rule (thread out of place, inappropriate images, spam, flaming, etc) so that they can get on it and do their job! It shouldn't be used to have a conversation with Psychotic about Second Life or anything like that. Ever.

After 2 years of their initial banning, if they show good conduct, they can apply to be unbanned. The only other rare exception is if they're abused by Loony BoB. Apparently if he penetrates you, you get unban compensation. But I wouldn't recommend anyone go down that road.

Curse words are censored. You get a warning if you go around the censor filter. And you're definitely not allowed to curse in a foreign language. Like Norwegian. Ever. :bigsmile:

Old second accounts! Naughty naughty!

You should get it merged together. That means that the post counts between the two accounts are combined. Psychotic is pretty easy to contact via PM. I like to harass him on MSN. Either one of those methods are good. He's not an #eoffer, nor does he use the other IM tools, so don't try him that way.

You contact Loony BoB/bug smittenkitten to get Loony BoB to come out of the shower and tell him the situation. He's pretty easy to catch on Yahoo, sometimes MSN. He'll get on it right away! HURRY! If not, contact another admin! I think Kishi has a crush on crono or something, so probably not him, but you get the general idea!

Talk to Hsu and tell him that as much as you love rubah and you want to stroke her hair as she types away on #eoff, that she's not representing herself in the best way. If gentle boyfriend advice does not work, contact her via #eoff and talk to her. All else fails, get foa up in the scene. No one sasses foa. Ever.

Don't modwhore in EoFF. That's obnoxious.

Clearly the course of action goes:

1) Take pictures of your panties and pigtails. Get BoB to do the same of smittenkitten.
2) Send then to Lamonda and Nec in exchange for pictures of Kishi
3) Create reality TV show style Cid Knight competition for pictures. rubah and Hsu will fight for these pictures! Hsu will finally find inspiration and will continue his job!
4) ???
5) Profit! ;)

Oh NO!

Luckily, I've prepared for this since I was untimely ripped from the womb.

You get the perpetrators into a giant game of #tot. You ask them a lot of embarassing questions about the staff ("do your pants feel tighter when you think of Azar's ginger hair?"). Then. Oh ho ho, then you ask them if they were the ones who looked at the staff. Then you blackmail them to come forward to the staff and accept their punish, lest Azar finds out about your special feelings. :bigsmile:

That, or you talk to them personally and discuss how what they did was wrong. Don't lecture them, but ask them to keep quiet about what they saw. I think talking to people on a personal basis shows a greater respect for them, and they're more willing to listen, than an anonymous "argh you did wrong!" PM. :] I think letting the staff KNOW what happened would probably be wise too. So it doesn't look like you're just blabbing secrets.

Takara
04-04-2008, 03:59 AM
Wit, I has it. Maybe.

Double posting is sometimes allowed for topics that have timely updates, for example for a writing thread where you post new chapters regularly.

Signatures have a limit of 250 pixels high and 550 pixels wide. This includes text as well as images. Additionally, the total file size of all images included must not go over 50 KB.

And while not a size limitation, signatures with randomly generated text or images are not allowed, and any signature that doesn't follow those rules or have questionable and/or problematic content will be removed or edit by staff. Your signature-editing priviledges can also be disabled if it happens several times.

The warn button should be used when you notice someone posting something that is against the forum rules, for example spamming or flaming or posting porn. Writing a summary of the situation and submitting only once is sufficent; no need to do it multiple times for the same offense.

The warn button should not be used to contact staff with urgent questions, or for chatting, as there are other tools available for that, like Private Messaging.

After a minimum of two years since the ban, a member can appeal to staff to demonstrate they have reformed enough to return.

The F-word and S-words are censored automatically. Other profanity is discouraged, even if they're not censored. If a staff thinks the swearing is too excessive, they can edit the post and give the member either an in-thread warning or a warning via PM, or in the most extreme case, ban them.

I would inform him that it is my old account. Even if I want to use the account in the future doesn't mean I'm allowed to, and lying about it could get another member in trouble, which would be unfair.

If I REALLY wanted to keep the account to use in the future, for example for contests (like Awards Guy), I guess I could always ask the permission from the staff to do so, even if it's not something they do commonly and I'm aware I'll most likely get a no.

If I just want to keep it because of the name, I could ask Leeza or Del to change my account's name instead.

I would send him a PM first requesting he removes the script since he's breaking the rules. Also, I'd contact other Admins and explain the situation to them since I would not have the priviledges to ban him myself.

Since I figure editing the posts would be physically impossible and members would probably be reporting like mad, if I were the only moderator around, I'd then make an apology to the community about the incident, and informing them that those with the power to correct the situation have been advised.

That, of course, is assuming crono_logical didn't ban me already for warning him via PM. :p

PM her. I'm not the type to hang my dirty laundry in public (is that how the expression goes in English?). I'd do my best to remain polite without being confrontational, explaining to her why I feel she is acting out of line.

I'm assuming that if Bob is on my side and no one else is, Hsu's inactivity was already discussed within the staff.

Once again, I'd PM him. I wouldn't attempt to drive him off staff. I would inform him that BoB and I have noticed that he hasn't been active in a year as a staff, and remind him that while the others don't see a reason to dismiss him yet, it could be an option in the future if the situation doesn't improve.

No need hiding what happened, it wouldn't be responsible. I'd inform the other members of the staff immediately about what has occured and who was involve and apologize for my negligence.

As for the EoFFers that saw the info in the Staff forums, I'd try to talk to them in private, so they realise that the rest of the staff is aware of what happened. I would not threaten them, but make sure they know that if they spread out the info, that the staff may have to enforce disciplinary measures.

Rase
04-04-2008, 04:07 AM
When it is in a thread that requires regular updates, such as an art, writing, or RP thread. Even then, it should be an important enough thing to warrant an thread bump.

The maximum height it 250 pixels, the maximum width is 550 pixels, and the maximum file size is 50 KiB.

The warn button should be used to report spam, advertising messages, problematic posts such as those that harrass other members, double-posting, threads placed in wrong forums and other things that people feel need to be brought to Staff attention. It should not be used to try and contact the Staff with personal messages, nor to try and get someone in trouble for no reason.

By requesting an unbanning after a period of two years and talking it over with the sites admins.

While "the S-word" and "the F-word" are automatically censored, the remaining words are not, but are discouraged from use. If someone uses profanity excessively they will be warne of it, and their post may be edited.

I would simplly tell him that it is my old second account that I plan on using in the future. I'm assuming I have an awesome reason for wanting it, so I would explain why to him. In the end, I'd acdept whatever decision he made.

I would directly confront him and try to get him to stop through basic reason. If that failed, I'd approach Michael and Warden (or whatever the owners names are) and inform them of the issue.

I'd try to find out what her deal was. There would more likely than not be a reason behind it, and so I'd try to get to the bottom of it and work it out with her. If that failed I would take the issue up with the admins and her in a thread and try to work something out.

First I'd laugh at rubah not being on his side. :p Then I would try to talk to him about it, and spur him to activity through reason. Ask him why he has fallen behind on modertive action, and see if he plans to continue to not. If not, I would ask if he wants to remain on Staff, and if so why. Unless his answer is ridiculous I would leave it at that, and if he doesn't care about staying on Staff I'd tell him he should step down.

Ignore the numerous problems with this statement (like my lack of a house and the fact that I log out when I'm not on), I'd probably get on the members case about it, then make a thread in the Staff forum making the whole thing known and apologizing for it. From there, well, it would depend on the reaction of the rest of Staff.

Freya
04-04-2008, 04:16 AM
First off, what's up people who are reading this ^.^

Questions:

It really isn't ok unless it's something like this here confessionals.
50 kb
Well obviously when someone is doing something wrong. Otherwise, don't touch it.
Two year wait most times, that is unless it was a very bad thing you did. You can also try to repent by talking to a mod or admin usually after those two years.
This forum has a higher age demographic than many other forums. They don't like very vulgar words but less offensive words aren't so bad since we're almost all adults here.

I'd IM him. I IM him anyway so it's not like it's a hassle. If I didn't have him on my MSN then i'd PM him about it. Seeing as I'd be a CK I could use said second account. Tis a privilege!
Well it's obviously a "nono", as the question says, meaning I'm not the only one who notices it. This means that other admins such as BoB can do something about it. Also i'd bring it up immediately in the staff forum. Again, being a CK, I wouldn't be the only one to notice. Look baloki was site staff and got banned, yes crono would have more power but the same probably would apply. Most of the CKs wouldn't like it either.
I'd confront her, in a PM, in an nice way, to knock it off. She's a CK and needs to not show a bad example to the members. As a noob I looked up to them and still look up to them, showing a negative image is bad press!
Well with BoB on my side nothing could go wrong! Just kidding. I understand not having him around would be a hinder the staff ranks slightly but kicking him off? I think that's a bit much, people do have lives. Some tend to step down like let's say.... levian? He could have become busy. I'd try to contact him and get BoB to try as well. If he becomes active GREAT! If not, I don't think we should just kick him off. If the others really become concerned maybe BoB could make a new usergroup for him. Leave the shiny title but hinder his actual powers.
Why would they be on my computer? No one gets on my computer. I never leave EoFF to remember my password, not like they could see it anyway. IF it did some how happen, well I can't ban them, it was my fault for not watching the fools. I'd just have to kick them and threaten them with ban. Now if they start telling secrets i'd have to do something but what could I do? It was my fault that I left it open. That was my responsibility to keep that area to myself. If it was something too bad, say something they really shouldn't have seen, I'd have to take responsibility and step down. If I can't do a simple task as keeping secrets secret I don't deserve the CK title.

Last, I could say nice questions but I think you guys just liked writing bad things about what your staff mates might do :p

Roto13
04-04-2008, 04:17 AM

Double posting is almost never ok, except for under unavoidable circumstances, like if someone has more than five attachments they need to post, or if what they have to say is too long for one post (which would take a lot). It's technically within the rules to do so in art/writing threads, but even then it's a better idea to copy everything from your last post, delete the post, then paste the contents into a new post with any new additions.

Max height of 250 pixels, max width of 550 pixels, max file size of 50 kb. They're listed in the sig changing thingy.

The warn button should be used when a post is breaking the rules or has been posted in the incorrect forum or something along those lines. Basically, if a post or thread requires a moderator's attention, the warn button should be used. It shouldn't be used for basically anything else. Don't use it because you disagree with the contents of a post. Don't use it for spam. I hear some staff members use it to send mass messages to the rest of the staff, though.

There is an appeal process available after two years of being banned. An appeal can be submitted to the staff and if the banned member can convince everyone on staff that they've changed and can behave themselves, they can be let back by a unanimous decision. The two years are from the banning of the user's last account. If someone is banned and makes a new account a year later and that one is banned, they have to wait two years after account number two.

Try not to do it. The F- and S-words are automatically censored and it is against the rules to try to get around them. Other words aren't technically against the rules, but don't use them in excess. Honestly, there's very little swearing on this site and it's probably best just to avoid it entirely. The forum is a better place without it.

Psy is pretty understanding and he'd probably believe me if I told him about the situation because he knows I'm a trustworthy guy! Just being honest and straightforward is the best way. If the account has some special purpose (a lot of staff members have second accounts for testing various things, and a few like Award Guy and loony bob penetrated me are openly second accounts used for special occasions) it wouldn't be a problem. Otherwise, it would likely be merged with my current account. (If it doesn't have a purpose, there's really no reason to keep it seperate)

I might try to talk some sense into him myself, but if that doesn't work (and it probably wouldn't since c_lout would have to be in the middle of a pretty severe breakdown to be doing that kind of thing) I'd go to a more sane admin or, more importantly, MichaelC or WarrenW. They outrank everybody.

Tell her in chat! She's always in chat. Point out that spamming to that extent is more acceptable in chat. That's why she loves it there. Best Chatter ten years running. I think it'd be less embarrassing for her if I told her in a joking way. "Dammit, rubah! stfu plz!" Nobody really needs anything like "Now, rubah, I know you like attention but you're making the rest of us look bad. Mmm hmm."

Tell him we have rubah and we'll punch her if he doesn't make himself useful.

Better yet, confront him somewhere outside of Eyeson since he doesn't seem to want to do anything there. BoB is an admin and he can be firm enough to lay down the law in a kind, motherly way. I don't think there's much I could do personally, though, being more of a peer than a superior.

I wouldn't try to have him kicked off the staff, though. Even an inactive CK doesn't really hurt anyone.

Dammit, Agrias!

That sounds like it'd be a pretty serious offense. Even though they technically did the badness in real life, I don't think it'd be too out of line to give them each an official warning. We warn users, not accounts. This isn't an online game where you're playing a character. Roto13 is Rhody Tobin. Loony BoB is Daniel Towns. We're all accountable for our actions.

If they managed to sneak a peek at anything highly confidential, they should be informed that if they share any of that information and we find out it was them, they'll be banned. (Though it might be difficult to pinpoint exactly who shared the info if there's more than one culprit.)

Bahamut2000X
04-04-2008, 04:27 AM
Alrighty here we go.

Generally it's a no no. However in the case of something that requires periodic updates such as stories or generally things in the writing/art section then it's allowed when used for updating it. Otherwise just edit it.

550 X 250 which includes the text as well as the images. And the file size can't be more then 50 KB.

It SHOULD be used when a member stumbles across spam, flame, threads in the wrong forums, or otherwise anything that is in violation of the rules so that a mod can deal with it quickly. It SHOULDN'T be used in any case where rules aren't being broken or as a means to talk to staff.

For any temp ban, time generally. However for account bans, depending on the severity of the reason for banning, one year after the ban if you've shown that you are maturer now, and can prove that you deserve to be back on, and finally members of staff in agreement to give the said person another chance.

Minimum for small words like 'damn' 'crap' 'ass' etc. Worse words like S--- and F--- are blocked and it's no-no to try and get around the filters. But always a big no to using cursing and profanity as a means to insult or flame other members.

I would inform him of it, but seeing as I can't have a second account and have no need for one then I'll tell him to go ahead and do what needs doing on it as the account is just wasted space at this time.

I would first confront cl_out and ask him to stop this madness and fix the damages before it goes too far. I would also inform any active admins at the time of what happened so they can fix the damages if cl_out refuses.

I would tell her my concerns of the excess spam of late and ask her if she would cut it down a bit so that it doesn't seem like the staff is condoning lot's of spam.

I would try and get him more active and would just bring it up to him that he hasn't been a very active as a Knight lately and that he should try and step it up and work on getting to moderate more often when he's on, and to focus on that a little bit more while he's logged on.

Well if I thought people might do that I would naturally log out so they can't get in. :p But if I didn't foresee it and it happened, the second I found out I would quickly shoo them away from the computer and make sure they can't access my account again. I would then find out what they saw to make sure it wasn't anything important. Regardless I would bring it up with the rest of staff that some members got onto my account and I'll tell them what they might have read in the staff forum.

Well there is my answers. Hopefully I don't get points off for being so text book sounding, I kind of suck at answering these types of questions. :p

escobert
04-04-2008, 04:35 AM
1. When is double posting okay? never editing is better!

2. What is the signature size limit? 550 x 250 :D I used to get mine removed alot so I know that one xD

3. When should the warn button be used and when should it not? for posts that need quick attention drawn to them. warning someone just because you don't like them or for the fun of it is no good imo

4. How can a banned member get unbanned? after 2 years is it? or 1 year waiting then petition the staff.

5. What is EoFF's policy on cursing? we'd rather you didn't since there's some youngsters here. But we aren't going to go crazy anal killing psychos if you do once in awhile.

6. Psychotic has found your old second account but thinks it belongs to crashNUMBARs. Would you, and if so how, inform him of the discrepancy? You still want to use the account in future. Hmm I'd find him on msn and talk to him I suppose. He's always down for some wackyness :D

7. crono_logical is injecting javascript into everyone's posts that makes pictures of penises and vaginas (nonos on eoff!) pop up on every thread. How do you confront him and get him banned, him being an administrator and you a lowly Cid's Knight who can't ban admin? pm him or pm him in chat. I'd also inform the first admin I could about what was going on since they could probably handle the situation better than I :p

8. rubah won't shut the smurf up. You're really tired of her spamming everywhere and you think it's giving the rest of the staff a bad, if rather active, name. How do you tell her children are better seen and not heard? i'd say Allie stop being such a bum and act like a good little girl!

9. Hsu hasn't performed a moderative action in a year. Pick a course of either trying to drive him off staff or drive him to activity and state how you would do it. Assume that Loony BoB is on your side and no one else is. I'd harass him AND allie until he starts doing stuff again :D

10. Congratulations! You've just been made a Cid's Knight and you've decided to host a EoFF meetup at your house to celebrate. While you and your fellow EoFF buddies are partying it up, several people manage to browse a bit through the staff forum via your personal computer. What do you do? smack all of their hands for even having such ideas! then tell BoB what happened and say I was sorry for being such a dummy!

Avarice-ness
04-04-2008, 04:44 AM
While I can't argue that I haven't done it before, There's really no -valid- reason for it. If you're posting in a thread to revive it, well honestly if it's needing to be revived it should prolly be looked into for just being closed. If you're posting in the a thread to basically restate something you said in the post before it or add something to it, well there are edit feature's for that. Either way, wether there's a -reason- to double post, it doesn't mean that it's actually allowed.

550px (Width) 250px (Height) and no more than 50kb in size. Also, Text counts, so having a whole sig in size 9 font is BAD.

The warn button should only be used in cases in which, either the thread has been put in the wrong forum (use the warn to alert the mods), has offended the person who is warning, or is just completely inappropriate (AKA a porn thred). It should -not- be used for things like warning a member to get back at them for an argument they had and other petty issues like that. It should always be used as a method of HELPING the forum and those who come to the forum, not for things that either don't help in anyway or hurt the forums.

Not entirely sure, but I think if someone who was banned under certain circumstances (like double accounts) can get in touch with the current staff a year plus later to see if they can basically get a probational period and eventually be let back on for good behavior. Now, if they did something like verbally abuse someone or even just abuse anyone in anyway, post pornographic pictures (unless there is some provable reason like they got hacked) then they will not be allowed back in because those things are Zero tolerance.

Most of the completely intolerable words are filtered out either by skulls or Smurfs. Either way, I believe over usage is not allowed. Granted this is a public forum, younger eyes still wander here and there is no need to go around having 3 different curse words in every other sentence you type. Curse words can be avoided and are never really -needed- so it's not like it can't be avoided. Some people consider words like hell, ass, and such cursing, others don't but either way, it's best to not abuse the fact you can type words like the such in abundance JUST because you can get away with it.

Well, I've never had another account, but if I did and this where the case... Assuming I was a CK at the time and I was alerted of this in other ways than of crash just being banned (as most of us non-CK's end up seeing first) I would tell him. There's no point or good that can come out of letting someone take a fall for something like a second account. I'm sure there would be talk of it in the staff forum, about how Psy had reason to believe that the account belonged to crash. I would openly tell him and who ever else is ready to condemn crash, that it was an older account of mine that I hadn't used in a good while, depending on what happened I would allow myself to be banned (even though I'd be totally sad) and hope that I'd be allowed back on good behavior.
If everything was okay and I wasn't banned I'd let him just ban the second account. There's no reason for me (or anyone (unless ninja CK spying reasons that I'm sure you have) to have a second account.

While I'm sure he wouldn't do something like this, I'd prolly first go to #eoff and see if everythings okay, like he's not being hacked or anything, if he openly admitted to doing it and that he was not hacked, I'd ask him to -please- stop because whether or not he's an admin he -still- has to follow the forum rules and not only is that against the rules but it's very disrespectful to the entire community. Since I wouldn't be able to ban him, I would most likely (after talking to other CK's about the best course of action) go to another admin and alert him or her of what's going on (assuming they don't know what's going on already) and let them lay down the law since I'm unable too.
I would do my best to get him banned though, while an admin does have a good amount of power, it's not the kind of power that threatens the sanctity of the forum and it's users and it would -not- be allowed.

Seeing as Rubah's a friend of mine I'd prolly go to her first with a friend attitude, basically asking why she's doing all this spamming and that it's seriously becoming annoying. If she continues to do so I'd remind her, that last time I checked she was not a noob that didn't know the spamming rules and unless she wants further action taken then she really needs to stop, it's disruptive to the forum as a whole, not to mention various people may lose respect for the staff, if they hadn't already.
If she persisted, I'd go to the other CK's and work with them about what to do, while Rubah is a CK she's not immune to the rules and not only that, it's disruptive to everyone on the forum and while a CK may have some ammount of power, they should also have some kind of empathy to their community mates and not have the want to cause mass disruption to the community.

I wouldn't drive him off, it seems like a cowardly thing to do.
I would point out the obvious, CK's are needed to keep the forum nice and clean, in many many ways, and if they are inactive or is acting like any other member, then he should be such, any other member. Not moderating as a moderator doesn't help the forum as a whole, and if no one else but BoB understands this, then maybe they need to rethink their attachments to Hsu and think about the fact that while Hsu has been doing his job in the past very well, he is not now, and there are other people who would be able to do the job very well and they should not lose the chance because the staff wants to keep someone on who isn't bringing anything to the plate.
If anything, the thought of losing his mod status should drive him to become active or just the fact that others may be able to do better than him may just get him to step down. There surely would be a good reason for him doing this, and depending on what the reason is there should be a good solution to get him back to working or letting someone else take over the job he is not doing.

I wouldn't let them. I assume that staff abilities are tied to the name and not the IP address, I'd tell them that if they wanna look at the staff forums then they'll want to make an effort to become a CK and until then they're going to have to sign into their own name. There's -no- reason that someone should sign onto EoFF using my name or my computer, if we're having a party it wouldn't be to hang out on the computer, it'd be to hang out with my fellow EoFFers IRL -not- online. It's really -that- simple.

Ace14
04-04-2008, 04:55 AM

It's usually never okay unless you're updating something like a poem thread or an art thread.

A max width of 550 pixels and a max length of 250 pixels, all the pictures together can't go over 51,200 bytes

The warn button should be used when someone is spamming up a thread or has created a spam thread. It should not be used when a fellow user is doing nothing wrong at all.

If after two years of being banned a member has a chance to prove that they are capable of behaving on the forums and appealing to the staff you could possibly be unbanned.

If cursing is used in a post it will be edited and if a poster persists with cursing they will recieve a warning or a PM about it, even more cursing could result in a banning.

If Psy was planning to punish crashNUMBARs for the account I would try to convince him that it was just an old account that they won't use anymore and therefore shouldn't have to be punished; I wouldn't make anymore second accounts from that point.

I would confront crono giving him a warning about this issue and if he persists with the pictures I would tell another Admin about this problem and how I tried to get crono to stop but he wouldn't.

I would send her a PM kind but strict PM saying that she is spamming a bit too much and needs to stop with the massive posting.

I would send a PM to Hsu saying that he hasn't been doing his job and should try to work more or the possibility of being driven off of the staff is in order. If he continues to slack off then I would go to Loony BoB about this and request that something be done about the slacking Hsu.

I would tell them that unless they are on the staff themselves they should not be on the staff forum so then I would log out so they wouldn't be able to get into the forum. If they were all part of the staff themselves I would just tell them not to post anything in the forum under my name and so I'd keep a closer eye on them.

Ouch!
04-04-2008, 05:16 AM
Sorry, I couldn't resist throwing in a lame joke.

Double posting is acceptable in rare circumstances, most often when the life of the thread requires periodic updates, such as a writing thread or a tournament.

Maximum width of 550 pixels, maximum height of 250 pixels, including text. There is also a 50KiB file size limit.

The warn function is used to alert staff to spam, advertising, “problematic” posts, double-posts, threads in the wrong forum… in other words, breaking rules. It should not be used unless a rule is being broken.

After two years, if a member can sufficiently demonstrate that he has reformed his behavior, he may be unbanned by unanimous consent by the forum staff.

The f-word and the s-word are automatically filtered from the board completely. Other profanity is discouraged but allowed in moderation. Posts trying to bypass the filter or excessive in profane content will be edited and the user will receive a warning.

Supposing I wish to use the account in the future, my only course of action is to tell Psychotic that the account is mine. The account will be automatically banned if it belongs to crashNUMBARs, but if I’m honest, and appeal to Psychotic’s sense of mischief, I at least stand a chance. It’s like Pascal’s argument in favor of god. Assuming I’m a CK already (which may or may not grant me some leeway), telling Psychotic is the only way I have any hope of retaining the account, and thus the only pragmatic course of action. Likewise, by admitting responsibility, this wouldn’t count against crash should he attempt to be unbanned in the future, which would be unfair to him.

I suppose the first logical course of action would be to confront him directly about it. I would inform him that I know he is breaking the rules and ask him immediately to cease. As I cannot punish him, I would then have to alert another administrator of his rule breaking so that he might be properly punished.

I’d likely contact her privately through either PMs, emails, or IMs, whichever turns out to be the most effective manner of communication. I would tell her that I think her actions reflect badly on the rest of the staff. I would not reprimand her in front of other members of EoFF. If rubah decides to ignore me, I’d have to seek other staff and attempt to use the power of numbers. While I could edit her posts/close her threads for spam, there’s no reason to show a lack of cohesion to the general populous of EoFF. I have enough faith that rubah is a reasonable individual and we would be able to resolve the dispute in private.

Similarly to the situation above, I would contact Hsu privately regarding my opinions on the manner. Also like rubah, I believe Hsu to be a reasonable individual and we would be able to resolve the situation. Should Hsu admit that he no longer wishes to perform his duties as a Knight, I would alert Loony BoB (who is on my side) to this by showing a log of the conversation and then, with his influence as an administrator, proceed to convince the rest of the staff that Hsu no longer has a desire to continue to be a Knight and have him removed from staff. Ultimately, I would expect the latter to be unnecessary. I imagine Hsu would either decide to be more active or have the decency to resign himself.

Since this question has been posed, I suppose that means I am able to identify the individuals responsible. In this case, I would confront them about their action and politely request that they keep whatever they managed to read in the staff forum to themselves, thank you very much. If I’ve invited these people into the sanctity of my home (which is actually an rather small dorm room in which I’d watch their every move), I likely trust these individuals enough to respect such a request. If they proceed to abuse whatever knowledge they may have gathered by viewing the staff forum, there’s always the usual channels of punishment on the forum.

Dynast-Kid
04-04-2008, 05:19 AM
Yep, these are my answers for the Round 2 questionaire! I hope they're not too wordy! xD

By reading my answers you'll probably notice that comraderie and teamwork are major parts of my functionality.

Double posting is only acceptable in the case of a thread which entails timely updates (i.e. art thread, writing thread, etc.)

The signature size limit is a width of 550 pixels, and a height of 250 pixels. A very generous size, in my opinion! :bigsmile:

The warn button should be used by non-staffers in the case of a poster who is posting inappropriate things/content, and the problem has yet to have been addressed by a Cid's Knight or other staff member. It should not be used if a staff member is currently resolving or has previously addressed the issue.

In almost all cases, banning is a permanent punishment. However, if after a time span of at least 2 years, the banned member in question may appeal to the forum Staff and plead his case, and if all staffers are in unanimous agreement, they're account can be unbanned.

Eyes on Final Fantasy is filled with many mature and intelligent members, but is in essence, a family forum. Which is why the use of swear words (with the exception of the S-word & F-word, which are censored automatically), is vastly discouraged. Failure to abide by these standards may result in a post edit, alll the way up to a banning, based on severity.

Hmmm, well...Second accounts, in general, are strictly against EoFF policy. I would probably PM Psy, informing him of the history and nature of the second account in question. I would hope he'd understand, and leave the account be. If he still wanted to have it deleted, i'd take it up with the rest of the CKs/Staff. If they all thought the second account should be banned, i'd be a team player and let it be banned. :D

What a tough question! xD

I would firstly ,more than likely, converse with my fellow Cid's Knights to gain insight into the situation. I mean, WTF, crono wouldn't do that!? I would then PM him, telling him my opinions on the situation, and reinforcing how serious of an offense this really is. I would attempt to negotiate and work out the situation in a firm, yet calm manner. Should no resolution come to fruition, i'd immediately turn the situation in the hands of the other Administrators.

What a fascinating question! I've never taken Rubah to be the uber-spammer type! xD

I would, at first, make sure to keep a calm, and non-antagonizing behavior. When dealing with your associates and teammates (in this case, fellow Knights), I believe that confrontation is best when acted upon in a gentle, yet firm, manner. I would inform her exactly on my view of her recent spam, and hope that my words get through to her. If they were to no avail, I would take the issue to the rest of the Knights, and see if they felt the same way as I did. If no one else was on my side, i'd quietly explain my opinions to Rubah, and hope for the best. However, if most were on my side, I would inform Rubah of the majority's view, and convince her to ease up on the spam.

Well! xD My first action would be to, well, remind him of his duty as a Cid's Knight: to moderate and defend the sanctity of EoFF. If that didn't work, i'd take the problem to fellow Cid's Knights, inquiring their stance on the situation. If most of us were in agreement, a formal nomination of downgrading would be in order, and taken to the Administrators, specifically to Loony BoB. With his similair stance on the issue, and with the apparent agreement of the rest of the Knights, I believe all proper actions would be made.

Those rascals!

I would assert myself firmly and calmly with these pesky members. Warnings and threats would be in big supply! After a little intimidation and reinforcing the notion of what they did was majorly wrong, I would dish out a punishment using a combination of personal opinion, the views of other staffers, and base it on the severity of the crime.

Tasura
04-04-2008, 05:52 AM
1. When is double posting okay? when it's your own story or art thread, or you're running an RP.
2. What is the signature size limit? 550 wide 250 high and 50 KiB file size
3. When should the warn button be used and when should it not? It should be used when a member is outright breaking the rules, ie. flaming. It should not be used to contact the CKs/Admins for any other reason.
4. How can a banned member get unbanned? Apply for reentry after a 2 year probationary period.
5. What is EoFF's policy on cursing? It is generally frowned upon and the major curse words are filtered out already, it is semi acceptable in RP and stories as long as it doesn't go over board.

6. Psychotic has found your old second account but thinks it belongs to crashNUMBARs. Would you, and if so how, inform him of the discrepancy? You still want to use the account in future. I'd PM him directly and tell him that it was mine, and ask if it would be possible to not ban it because I might have use for it in the future.

7. crono_logical is injecting javascript into everyone's posts that makes pictures of penises and vaginas (nonos on eoff!) pop up on every thread. How do you confront him and get him banned, him being an administrator and you a lowly Cid's Knight who can't ban admin? I'd try and find proof before making any outright claims to it being his doing, finding none or insufficient ones I'd confront him, and then I'd talk to other admin about it.

8. rubah won't shut the smurf up. You're really tired of her spamming everywhere and you think it's giving the rest of the staff a bad, if rather active, name. How do you tell her children are better seen and not heard? I'd say that it's not fitting of a CK to go on massive spam sprees all the time, it's almost impossible for someone to not spam unless they stop posting altogether, I'd probably ask her to at least cool her jets and give the posting a break.

9. Hsu hasn't performed a moderative action in a year. Pick a course of either trying to drive him off staff or drive him to activity and state how you would do it. Assume that Loony BoB is on your side and no one else is. I'd try to get him more active. My first course of action would be to ask him why he hasn't performed any moderatory actions in a year, if it was because he had no time, that is understandable, but if he had made lots of posts and was highly active, just not moderating, I'd remind him of his posi<b></b>tion and what it manes and represents.

I'd immediately change my password and make sure to log off and not be remembered by the computer whenever an EoFF member came over to prevent it from happening again, I'd apologize to the rest of the staff, and if need be ban the offending members.

Dolentrean
04-04-2008, 06:04 AM
Yah yah, here they are

1. Double posting is ok in our confessions obviously, in a thread you made in the Writers Corner and it’s a story you are continuing in. If you run out of room in your first post, or and this one is just for me… it’s a setup for a decent joke.

2. Width 550 pixles : height 250 pixles and it can not be larger than 50 Kib

3. The warn button should be used when an advertisement thread is being posted, it’s a flame thread or with people trying to get around the language filter or any other instance when you think a staff member should be alerted… I mean just use your common sense people, is that so hard?

4. I think if the person waits two years and then the staff decides they should be unbanned.

5. Its alright as long as its not far to much and you don’t go around the chat filter. I mean I like showing off my vocabulary as much as the next person, but I can use restraint if I must.

6. Ummm… I probably would just let him remove it as I wouldn’t use a second account, but if I did, I would probably ask him why he likes to hurt me so, offended that he would not recognize my impeccable wit, then I would ask him if I could keep it, because I sometimes like mingling in the forum without people knowing I’m a CK.

7. First I would probably go to another admin, obviously, tell them what was going on and that as much as we all love penises and vaginas that this really isn’t the place for them.

8. I would probably just… you know… tell her to cut back on the spam and that she is setting a bad example, and if that didn’t work I would probably do something involving ninjas… I know, I am great at improving

9. Hmmm… I may use my and BoBs combined charm to lure him back to the site, probably send him some messages telling him that he needs to be more active or he may be at risk of being removed from the staff.

10. I would probably tell walk over and in a very condescending manner pat them on the head and tell them to stay off of daddys computer. And if they gave me any lip I would threaten to put broken glass in there beds.

blackmage_nuke
04-04-2008, 06:21 AM
Questions:

In very rare circumstances would this be okay. In the situation where the posts go
Poster A
Poster B
Poster A
And poster B deletes his post, poster A will not be accused of double posting, If poster A is responding to poster B's post then depending on the circumstances there might be a negative effect on B. Other wise editing posts is prefered to double posting.
It's also allowed in the confessional threads.
And I guess user notes too but i'll be honest im not sure about that.

550 width * 250 height pixels including text
Image file size maximum is 50Kb total

It should be used to indicate:
Reviving month old threads, Swearing or avoiding swear filters, Ad's, double posts and threads in the wrong forum. As well as inappropriate threads or posts which are (unfriendly) insults or just plain distasteful. Also when a thread has gone far off topic.

It should not be used when people simply disagree with your opinions but are not breaking the rules.

I do not know. If I become a CK I do not intend to do any unbanning. The only type of unbanning i know of is when it was a joke ban in the first place. Though i have heard of some two year parole type situation.

If it's filtered dont avoid the filters. Otherwise use it in moderation or preferably not at all. And none of these should be aimed towards a specific person in a malicious manner

(Assuming im not a ck) I guess I would be upfront about it and tell him it is mine. If he deletes it so be it, I cant see a way of keeping this account without lying and saying it belongs to my brother or something who uses the same IP as me. Conversely i could give it to my brother so i technically would not be lying. Second accounts arent allowed.
If i was a ck. I'd say it was mine and politely ask him to sod off.

OOC: Lol at the underlined section
I'd inform another admin or make an urgent thread about it in the staff forum and hope some one deals with it before we harm any more virgin eyes! In the mean time i attempt to edit out as many of the images as possible

I would first ask her to politely tone it down and try to set a better example.
Then I would trick her into posting in a thread about her least favourite final fantasy character
Then i would change her avatar into said character

Firstly i would need definite proof that he is shirking his duties. How? Using some form of second account to make a spam thread which is inevasive but still against the rules, a third acount (or have a non staff member) warn such a thread and demanding to all the other staff they do nothing about the thread. If he does not react then he is clearly shirking his duties. I would then make a thread about it in the staff forum politely asking him of his behaviour and if there is no reasonable explanation i would post convincing arguements until i got my way.

The notion that I would hold a party at my house is laughable. But i guess i would just tell them to get off and make them leave the party. Theres nothing legal i can do to make absolutely sure they dont tell anyone what they saw through pm's or word of mouth but i could threaten them with banning. But chances are i'd just ask them politely not to mention it, if i invited them to my party they would most likely be a nice person. I guess all i can do is keep a close eye on them. But as many Staff have said before, there is really nothing in the staff forums which would be that interesting and i choose to believe that. (But i wouldnt be surprised if it wasnt true)

Well i guess thats it. Not very funny, but I think I made enough spam during the first round.

Thanks to Loony BoB, rubah, and Miriel for the questions.

edczxcvbnm
04-04-2008, 06:34 AM
Here are my answers for the round of twos...the second of rounds....pound it out or something XD

<b>It should generally only be allowed when there is a reason to double post such as updating a art threads or something. There maybe other ones but they are more obscure and fall under judgment calls</b>

<b>250pxl high and 550 wide and is not to exceed 50KB</b>

<b>If you think someone is breaking the rules the use the warn button and give a description of what you feel they are doing wrong. Do not use it to send notes to the staff.</b>

<b>Wait 2 years after the banning has been made 100% official and appeal to the knights for reinstatement.</b>

<b>Don't go around the swear filter and try to keep it down even though there are filters. But lets face it...I know the limits of this rule better than almost anyone XD I have gone right against the limit numerous times and know when stuff is too much for a prolonged period of time ;D</b>

<b>There are no second accounts. You should explain to psy that it was your old second account and that you have not used it in forever. You forgot it existed but this should not go as a mark against crashNumbers for his possible future reinstatement.</b>

<b>Talk to other admins through PMs and convince them that he needs to have his powers removed temporarily until this can be sorted out in an orderly fashion in the staff forum. You can't just make the thread in the staff forum to begin with due to a possible backlash and even more power abuse by having people demodded. It must be handled behind the scenes as much as possible till his powers are removed.</b>

<b>I would just be blunt about it and PM her to stop spamming it up. What are you gonna do if other people start spamming too much and you tell them to stop? They are just gonna bitch and call you hypocritical and ignore you. Then when you try to silence them power abuse comes up. As a mod you have to be on better behavior than a normal member. Trust me...I did those things to mods before you came along. It happens and quite easily.</b>

<b>I choose to drive him off the staff. I would make a thread in the staff forum that goes something like this.

Part of being a knight is being active. He has been inactive for so long that he should just be demodded. If he comes back and wants to be remodded then a new discussion of whether he should be remodded at said time can happen. If you want to go and prod him to come back then go ahead but you shouldn't need to be reminded to come back here just so you don't lose your staff position.</b>

<b>First off, I don't trust random people online enough to let them really stay at my place >.> I have trust issues.

But in the super unlikely event that this does happen, I would probably just log them off right away. Tell them to keep whatever they saw to themselves and inform the staff of the security breach and to keep an eye on this person so that they don't get to out of hand with potentially dangerous knowledge.</b>

Randgris
04-04-2008, 07:26 AM
I read make a thread here so here it is...

Its not OK. I consider it spam. Better use the edit/delete tab instead.

Its 50kb, 250x500 in length-width respectively.

When something offensive is posted or the persom has put too many spam posts (honestly I'm not even sure if this is right)

Honestly, I don't know, for I've never been banned, or know someone that has been banned. Maybe in due time, or they made ammends to the reasons why they were banned.

Well the last time I saw someone cursing, it was either snipped, skulled or the member cursing was banned.

The truth is I've made this was my second account, but I've informed Leeza about it firsthand. I did not know that second accounts were prohibited then, it was my first time joining and I did not know of the name change service then. She said she'll merge my two account. I won't use my old account anymore. I will still inform him, and apologize for the error. I'll ask him if he can merge my accounts.

Pm him my opinions about the matter, politely. If he still refuses to stop, I may have to go to a higher authority.

I won't force her to stop if she doesn't want to. I'd probably ask her, politely, to minimize spam threads.

Well first I would want to know the reason why he hasn't been active as a moderator recently. It may be financial issues, family problems, or other emergencies that need high priority. If he justs slacks off and neglecs modding duty, I'd tell Loony BoB to call him up, and let him explain. Maybe I'd create a thread that would peek his interest (does anyone know what he's into?)

(I don't think this is possible, most of the members are from foreign countries and ME being in the Philippines, I view this as both an advantage and disadvantage) I would tell them that, those are confidential things and should not be messed by ordinary people. If you want to look, you can look, but I'll have to kill you later.

I did not look up the rules, I just thought of the most logical and viable answers to the questions.

Creeping Shadow
04-04-2008, 08:44 AM
1.Double posting is only acceptable when an update on an important thread is needed.

2.Maximum width is 550 pixels, while the maximum height is 250 pixels

3.The warn button should be used only when a forum rule is broken and never anytime else.

4.Only when it is a temporary ban.

5.EoFF does not allow the S-word or F-word, any other profanity is discouraged.

6. I would inform him that it belonged to me through a PM and email to make sure he is aware of the fact it is mine and that I gave it to a friend of mine because he wanted to join but did not have an email address.

7.First inform an EoFF admin about the offence, afterwards confront him and tell him that I have informed said admin about what he has done.

8.Tell her to stop spamming so much because she is making the forum look bad.

9.I would try to get him back into activity by reminding him of how great the forum is and how much fun it is to be there, also that Loony BoB misses him.

10.Make sure I know who did it and confront them about it. Afterwards I would check my most recent posts and make sure they didnt post anything vulgar or inappropriate under my identity.

Heath
04-04-2008, 09:31 AM

In the Site Staff forum it's acceptable if multiple updates are required for a page or you've used up all five of your attachments for one post or even just to check the status of something that wants bringing to SS attention. Likewise in the Help Forum for similar reasons would also be relatively beneficial. Also necessary during some one-off events such as this where there's one main thread that's being closed and reopened periodically.

50kb in terms of file size. 550 by 250 pixels in terms of the actual size.

Should be used if you come across a post that you think needs to be brought to the staff's attention, simply. For example, if you saw some advertising, flaming or spamming that had until now gone unnoticed by the staff, you should warn the post to bring it to their attention. It shouldn't be used if there's no infringement of the rules or if the reason for the warning is somewhat frivolous. And it shouldn't be used just to spam the forums staff.

After a period (I think it's two years) they have the opportunity to appeal their ban with the forum staff. However there's no guarantee that they'll agree to it. Naturally if the person has acted a jerk in the two year period then there'll be little inclination for the staff to agree to. Otherwise you can wait until one of the staff members has gone made with power and decides to unban all the people they've banned for not posting pictures of them with braids.

Mild cursing is acceptable provided it's not excessive. Naturally there's a swear filter which is in place to cut down on bad language. Anything covered by the swear filter should remain so and shouldn't be got around by messing around using tags halfway through a word to avoid the filter. Crap is acceptable. The swear word synonym beginning with 'S' is not.

If it's something that he's doing outside of a thread in the staff room then I'd PM him about it directly and explain the situation. I'd explain why the account was made and why I wanted to keep it. If it is being discussed in the staff room, I'd PM him, but also raise the issue there. If I want to keep it, then I'm assuming I'd have some logical reasoning behind it and so I'd present my case to the staff. If it was a reasonable enough demand and there was some potential good that could come from it, I'd hope the account would remain unbanned.

Explain that they're being a prize jerk about it and it's really not something that's terribly good or appropriate given the nature and membership (there's a lot of underaged people here). Ask him to remove it. If he doesn't, raise the issue with other staff who are online and get in touch with an administrator who is online who can deal with the situation. If not, then edit the the posts (hopefully with back-up from other Knights) as is possible to remove the javascript elements to them until such a time when further action is possible.

Tell her about it. If it's coming across that it's fine for staff to spam but it's unacceptable for the normal members to spam then you're going to get a lot of unhappy people who perceive things as being unfair. Explain that to her because, when in context, it's fairly common sense. Point out that everyone does it from time to time (because most members - staff or otherwise - do), but that it's got excessive. However, I'd also point out that despite it being spammy, it was good that she was being so active on the forums.

I'd rather drive an inactive staff member into activity rather than simply remove them. There's a reason they were put on staff in the first place and so I think doing that would be preferable to outright removing them from the go. I'm assuming this has been raised in the staff forum (hence why there's a divide in opinion) for the rest of the answer. I'd make my case arguing that while Hsu might not be very active at the moment, he has been in the past and has made valuable contributions to the staffing of the forums. I'd point out that if he's being as active as he can be and that he's being active to a sufficient degree then he's aiding the staff by being around in case something does need doing. I'd pursue the issue only as much was necessarily to save creating unnecessary drama. The staff is run as a team and it should be a team decision that makes something and if you've stated your case as best you can and they still don't buy it, then go with the team decision.

Immediately ask them to stop and ask them what they've seen. Assuming that they've been compliant, then I specifically alert the staff of what's been seen and by who. Regardless of the temptation to look, it's still breaking the rules. Might seem a bit harsh, but you can't have one set of rules for your friends and one for the ordinary members and they should've known they were breaking the rules.

---

I do realise I have immunity for this round, I just thought I'd take part anyway.

ljkkjlcm9
04-04-2008, 10:19 AM

Double posting is only allowed if it is a timely update. Such as us in our confessions.

50 kb, 550 pixels wide, 250 pixels high

The warn button should be used for a spammer, flamer, or other inappropriate material such as porn or excessive swearing. A summary of the offense should be written. A warn button should not be used for minor offenses such as two people arguing over an issue.

After 2 years a banned member can appeal to forum staff, and with unanimous consent, can be unbanned.

Swears are discourage, with S- and F- automatically censored. Someone who attempts to bypass the censor or swears in a post will most likely have their post edited, a warning(in thread or PM), or in extreme cases even banning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A statement should be mentioned here, that I would attempt to add all active members of admin and mods to msn, aim, or yahoo to make contact quicker and more efficient in cases of emergency.

As soon as I was aware that he found the account I would inform him that it was my own account. I would give him a specific reason for wanting the account to still be active(as there must be one if I want to keep it). If the reason is not valid, I would accept the banning of the account. (In truth he could track using the IP address as to whose second account it was)
Example: I made [M] Bomb account for a joke during one of the mafia games. To quote a joke from Barats and Bereta web series, I said “I’m so bomb, Iran can’t have me.” The account was banned shortly after with a message directed to me as “ljkkjlcm9.”

Sadly, I would probably not be aware like I was unaware of everything during April fools with my no-script add on. However if I was aware of such I would message crono stating he is clearly breaking the rules of the forum and ask him to refrain from doing so. Other admins would also be contacted that have the power to do such things to him if the behavior was not stopped and punished by himself.

As usual, scolding of other admins and mods should be done in private such as PM. Public criticism would show weakness and disagreement among the power of the website. Rubah would be contacted over aim, msn, or yahoo first, because then an easy discussion could be had. If not reachable by these means, a PM will be sent to contact her about the issue. Simply stating to her that many of her posts are spam and cluttering up the forums as well as reflecting negatively should be enough for someone such as rubah!

I don’t think choosing one way outright is the correct way to approach this. I believe the correct option would be to inform him that he has a duty as a moderator and he must actively begin to do this duty. If he still refuses to do so then actions to have him removed should be taken. Talking to the other members of staff to remove him would be the next step. If the other members of the staff do not agree that he should be removed for not doing anything… they are unfit for the job as well! Sad… but true.

If such a thing were to ever happen, which is extremely unlikely it would (them being able to use my computer and accessing it, not the party) then I would ask them firstly what it was that they had read. I would explain to them how there is no reason for them to be involved in the issues, as it is none of their concern nor their job. They should respect the privacy of the staff as people should respect the privacy of others. Internal affairs are to be dealt with internally. All who read anything must swear to never speak of it again. If it is found out that they did… they don’t want to face the wrath of

:radred:THE JACKAL:radred:

Garnie
04-04-2008, 11:58 AM
1.When is double posting okay?It's not. Unless its an accident. but even then it should be deleted.
2. What is the signature size limit?550x250 pixels(including text) should'nt exseed over 51,200 bytes. ...amount of times leeza repremanded me for that lols
3. When should the warn button be used and when should it not?should be used when a member is being particully rude or spamming consently. should be used when the user has been repremanded before hand about behavour and is still misbehaving and not going by the rules.
4. How can a banned member get unbanned?through the adminstrators panel.
5. What is EoFF's policy on cursing?i dont think any swearing should be allowed honestly. because of the younger members but i think that its kept to a minimum..(but i would'nt allow it at all)

yes i would! even tho i was a secret under cover spy!...second accounts are not kewl!
i would politley explain that it is agaisnt the rules and kindly ask him to stop. if he laugthed at me then i would go to another Administratior and confrount him with the problem.
8. rubah won't shut the smurf up. You're really tired of her spamming everywhere and you think it's giving the rest of the staff a bad, if rather active, name. How do you tell her children are better seen and not heard? again polietly ask her to stop. im never rude.
i would ask him why he was'nt doing his job! ask him if he still wanted to be a mod! Also i would create an oppertunity to hsu involed more.
straight away change my password and account settings. let the other mods know and admin asap. hope to gawdb they did'nt see the nekkid pics of johny depp and the sheep!

sorry bout the spelling!!

BG-57
04-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Questions:

Sometimes when updating an art or writing forum. It’s good to ask a moderator first though.

550 pixels wide x 250 pixels tall including text; no larger than 50 kilobytes

Use the warn button to notify a moderator when someone is spamming, swearing, engaging in flaming or personal abuse. It does not need to be used for people disagreeing as long as they are civil about it.

Appeals are permitted after two years to the forum staff. Unbanning can occur if the staff unanimously agrees that the user has reformed.

Some words like F___ and S___ are automatically censored. Trying to circumvent using spaces or the like will get edited and possibly a warning. Curse words as self-expression are discouraged. Results of abuse include warnings PM up to banning.

I would be honest and inform him that it’s my old account, since I wouldn’t want to get someone else in trouble. In addition having a second account violates the policy of the site.

I would PM him and ask why he’s doing that and explain that it’s offensive to everyone. I would also notify the other administrators.

If it was advertising spam I would use the warn button to notify the staff. If it was just plain talkativeness I would start with a PM to suggest curbing her enthusiasm and only post a reply publicly if that wasn’t effective.

I would start with a PM along the lines of ‘What’s going on? We haven’t seen much of you this year’ to encourage a dialogue. Failing that I would ask Loony Bob to send a similar message. If unresponsive I would suggest that I can help if he’s been busy with other things. I would avoid taking steps to remove him from his post unless he states that he’s not planning on doing anything and not leaving either.

I would be irresponsible if I left myself logged on in with company. I would make a note of everyone that had access. I would then contacts the moderators and explain the situation, including the members who had access to my account. I would also offer to resign. It may sound cliché but I have a strong conscience.

Peegee
04-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Hi peoples.

Typically it's not okay, but I understand that the art and writing boards allow it, especially since it's possible to fill up the maximum size of one 'post' and you pretty much have to double post in order to fit everything into one thread.

Image size: 550x250px
Size limit: 50 KB

Well, you should use the warn button in order to bring to staff's attention any posts which break forum rules (spam, double posts, inappropriate behaviour, etc). Reasons to not use the warn button would be, and not limited to: personal messages to staff (hi BoB asl?) , spamming staff, personal messages to the person you are warning (hi stop posting porn plox), since the warnings go to all CKs and admins, and not the warned user.

Well let's look at one of the people who have been unbanned: Baloki.

Baloki either went for an extended hiatus from 2-10-2005 to 2-11-2007 or he was banned for that period. That happens to be two years. It turns out, if there is unanimous agreement that a member should be unbanned after two years, they can be unbanned.

Well this is a family board. Even though the system asks you whether you are over 13 when you sign up, you can be a member if you are younger (Rye was what, 11 when she signed up?). So naughty words, whether sexual or profanities should be avoided if ever possible.

If somebody uses a lot of profanity that isn't covered by the swear filter staff can PM that person, edit the post, warn the person, and in extreme cases ban the person.

Oh and it goes without saying that doing things to circumvent the swear filter is a no-no.

I thought long and hard about this and had to conclude this is a trick question. Even clout's 2nd account └┤ ∵├〆 is banned.

Anyway, the question itself states that Psychotic thinks that a member in the forum other than myself has double accounts. The right thing to do in this case is to ask him to compare IP addresses of the second account's posts, and it should match up with my IP address. This should clear the name of any innocent members.

I would probably have little recourse other than to ask him to change it back and hope his sensibilities return to him. Regardless, I will also have to inform another administrator that I caught cl_out doing this. I will probably inform this administrator via IMs rather than a forum post, for various reasons such as privacy and to avoid retaliation from cl_out, just in case.

This is definitely best settled out of the public eye. I would either send her a PM or ask her on msn/aim to calm down.

Is this due to him being away for an extended period of time or just him posting like a regular member and not contributing to staff duties? I doubt it's the former because then staff would know and it wouldn't be an issue. If Hsu's just hanging around like a regular member I would just PM him and ask him if there's a reason he's not doing much. Maybe there's a valid reason.

If Hsu is not being receptive I would talk to Loony BoB about discussing this with staff. I need his support so I don't appear as if I'm just starting drama, so I would run my thread by him to get his okay, then post it, and have him reply to show that we have some valid reason for doing this. The whole idea behind this post isn't to ostracize Hsu but to bring to attention his lack of activity and have the proper individuals make an official decision.

This is why I don't have cookies saving my password, so the chances of this happening are slim to none. In fact I'm about to be roommates with an EoFFer so if I win, I'd be even more cautious about my password, especially when using her PC, etc.

However if there's a hull breach, what do I do? While I'm a believer of not worrying that something has already happened, it is pertinent to make sure it doesn't happen again. I'm at fault in this case, but other people should know better. I'd probably chastise them for it, and see what, if anything, they did.

This might be one of those situations where I need to come clean to the staff and submit myself to their judgment. If, for example, they decided it would be a larf to start posting as PG all over the staff forums, I'm not exactly going to be able to cover that up. That's not to say that if no actual harm was done that I would treat it less seriously -- I would probably tell people to shoo if they tried to look over my shoulder when I need to browse the site staff forum. It's a private forum for a reason.

Captain Maxx Power
04-04-2008, 01:46 PM

Only when the previous topic poster needs to update the topic with new information, e.g. with writing, art, personal game challenges etc.

Width - 550 pixels
Height - 250 pixels
50KiB of pictures

Size limits include all text and pictures within the signature

The warn button should be used to report spam, advertising messages, problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts, double-posting, threads in wrong forums and other issues that the staff should be contacted over. It shouldn't be used to personally contact the poster.

If after a period of two years the member in question contacts the site staff and makes a suitably convincing case that they have been reformed and are suitable for reintegration into the forum then they may be unbanned.

Certain swear words are automatically censored, with members advised not to go around the censor. Other swear words are permitted but must be used with due care. Excessive or inappropriate swearing may result in a warning or in extreme cases a ban.

I would be honest with him and inform him that I had erroneously made the account in the past. Despite needing the account I am aware of the current rules regarding second accounts, so I would accept losing the account.

I wouldn't confront him directly. I would instead immediately inform another administrator, such as Yams, and tell him about the transgression. As another option I would make a post in the Staff Forum so that everyone on the staff would be aware of the issue.

Tactfulness is the key. Since it would be a personal issue I would send a PM to her explaining clearly that I feel her current posting habits aren't necessarily a good indicator of how the staff on the site should behave. I wouldn't demand a change in her attitude, but rather suggestions. If she contacted me back refusing to be civil on the matter, I would most likely refer the issue on to another CK.

I would most likely send either a PM or an email to Hsu asking him to step up his activity, pointing out that both myself and Loony BoB are in agreement that he should be more active. I would send copies of any PM's or emails I sent to BoB so he could keep track as to what was said between the two of us. If after a while Hsu was still refusing to do any administrative work I would most likely put a case forward to the rest of the staff with the backing of BoB about possibly taking Hsu off the staff.

I would inform them about the forum and explain it's use, but ask them to respect my privacy and not repeat anything they read within the forum. I wouldn't necessarily threaten them with banning, but I would keep a close eye on them for a few weeks to make sure they didn't post anything in the forums that may compromise the integrity of the staff forum.

Clawsze
04-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Only when writing a story or possibly artistic things.

550x250 pixels

The warn button should be used if you see any member abusing any rule, it is up to Cid's Knights etc. for punishment, so if they feel they should let off, they will be.

If a certain length time passes, the banned person can appeal to be unbanned, and if all those in decision making believe they will obey the rules, they will be unbanned.

F*** and S*** are censored, and any attempt to avoid this will result in editing/warning, however, other swearing is generally ok so long as it not excessive or directed at anyone inparticular. it is not advised though due to the age of some members.

I would inform Psychotic that the account was indeed mine and explain the exact reasons why I wanted it. I would ask for it to be removed since i don't need it and I would say i understand that i may be punished.

I would inform another admin, with evidence of the pictures, a print screen or such like, and try to pursuade others to complain to get him banned.

I would tell her that spamming is against the rules and depending on the kind of spam, i would inform a admin of this spamming

I would first, along with BoB try to contact Hsu and inform him that if he does not act his duty as a mod, he will be fired. If he resonds and gets to work, it will be left as it is. If however he does not respond, I will ask BoB to take away his moderative powers, as he is not using them.

Depending on who the people are. if they are infact CKs or Admins, I will tell them to go on their own accounts. If however they are merely members, I will warn them on EoFF and if depending on the amount they have read, possibly have them banned.

Flying Mullet
04-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Hello everyone! I'm here to shed some light on the rules and regulations of Eyes on Final Fantasy through a series of questions and mock situations that could occur. Now, since I'm only a Cid's Knight in Training and not a full-fledged Cid's Knight, and this looks like quite the daunting task, I've asked the lovely Leeza to come help me out in answering these questions. Say "Hi" to everyone Leeza!
This is not funny in the least. ~ Leeza
Sorry about that folks, she just got up and hasn't had her morning cup of coffee yet. Anyways, let's get to the questions, shall we?

<b>1. When is double posting okay?</b>
Wow, this one's a doosey. Maybe I should check with Leeza and see what she thinks. Leeza, what are your thoughts on this question?
Please do not post more than once in a row. Use the edit/delete button that could be found in every post instead. ~ Leeza
Also, do not double or triple or post anything other than one post. ~ Leeza
Hey, that sounds pretty good to me! Oh she did forget one minor detail. There are special circumstances where double posting is okay, like in these confessionals and I know we do it on occasion (and have a good justification) in the site staff forums. Basically, double posting is always a no-no except for special situations where you have prior moderator approval.

I think this is going pretty good so far, so let's see the next question.
<b>2. What is the signature size limit?</b>
I think I can handle this one Leeza, why don't you go get your coffee? The signature size limits on a signature is a maximum width of 550 pixels, a maximum height of 250 pixels and these include any text in the signature besides images. Oh, and don't forget, the total file size of all images combined must not exceed 50 KiB (51,200 bytes). I know that can be a lot to remember, so I've made a handy picture to illustrate this:
http://www.geocities.com/chadmonkey/siglimits.jpg
<font size="1">p.s. This makes a great bookmark and is a great birthday present to boot. Tell your friends!</font>

Well Leeza's back with us, so we'll move on to our next question.
<b>3. When should the warn button be used and when should it not?</b>
Whew, that's a tough question, but I bet Leeza knows the answer. Leeza, what's the answer for this one?
Please do not post more than once in a row. Also, please read the Rules/FAQ as that would answer a lot of your questions.

Welcome to EoFF. ~ Leeza
Okay, that was answered in a roundabout way, but I think I got the gist of it. What Leeza is trying to say is that any posts that are against the rules in the Rules/FAQ should definitely be warned. If it's not in the Rules/FAQ, use your best judgement. And don't use the warn button for personal reasons, that just looks tacky. Right, Leeza?
Anymore posts such as this one and your stay here will prove to be quite short. ~ Leeza
Okay, okay. <i>Someone</i> needs another cup of coffee.

Onto question number four.
<b>4. How can a banned member get unbanned?</b>
Oooh oooh, I know this one! After two years they can ask/apply for an unban, but these are very rare and it's completely dependent upon the reason the person was banned in the first place. Bam! I nailed it. Aren't you proud of me?
NO. ~ Leeza
Oh. :cry:

Question five...
<b>5. What is EoFF's policy on cursing?</b>
Since Leeza was so quick to put me down after nailing the last question, I'm going to let miss smarty-pants answer this one. Good luck Leeza! :mwahaha:
Language such as that will not be tolerated here. Do not use it again. ~ Leeza
Oh... that was good. But what about if I put an asterisk in the curse word? Then it's not a curse word, right?
Do not go around the filters. ~ Leeza
Oh, wow. See, this is why I have Leeza here, she keeps me on the straight-and-narrow. So remember kids, EoFF has a zero-tolerance policy for cursing and trying to get around the filters that help to keep this a family-friendly forum.

You know what Leeza, we make an awesome team, you and I! This reminds me of this one time my friend and I were headed over to the mall to pick up...
This is going off topic. ~ Leeza
Oh, yeah, thanks! You sure are good to have around. So let's get to question six.
<b>6. Psychotic has found your old second account but thinks it belongs to crashNUMBARs. Would you, and if so how, inform him of the discrepancy? You still want to use the account in future.</b>
Wow, the questions are getting a little more interesting now. Well, lucky for me Leeza has my back. Right Leeza? Leeza? Bummer, she must have wandered off to play with a kitten. I guess I'm on my own for this one. Well, most likely I wouldn't have any knowledge of him having found my second account unless he banned it, at which point I would unban it, then he would ban it, etc... Hopefully in the middle of this ban/unban-fest one of us would have the decency to either note who's banning/unbanning or make a thread about it in the secret forum staff forum so we could get the matter resolved. But then again, this is Psy, so he'd probably ban it anyways for his own personal amusement.

No Leeza yet. Looks like I'm on my own for number seven as well...
<b>7. crono_logical is injecting javascript into everyone's posts that makes pictures of penises and vaginas (nonos on eoff!) pop up on every thread. How do you confront him and get him banned, him being an administrator and you a lowly Cid's Knight who can't ban admin?</b>
Being a computer dork, the first thing I would do is try to see how he did it(by looking at the page's source code. Not asking him. There's no challenge in that) and try to disable it, if possible. While I was doing that I would also approach the other administrators with my evidence and pleade my case to get some admin muscle behind me. Then once we had our united front I/we could approach munty and do the dirty work.

Okay, another question answered without Leeza. This is getting a little stressful. I hope she gets back soon, because if I stay stressed for too long I sweat a lot and when I go to the bathroom...
Thank you for that info, but we can do without it. ~ Leeza
Leeza! Alright, you're back. Very cool. I was just about to work on question eight. Hopefully you can help me.
<b>8. rubah won't shut the smurf up. You're really tired of her spamming everywhere and you think it's giving the rest of the staff a bad, if rather active, name. How do you tell her children are better seen and not heard?</b>
Hmm. Rubah being chatty. Yeah, that never happens. Anyways, Leeza, what's do you think of Rubah flinging posts like a runny monkey?
This is spam. ~ Leeza
But she's doing it in General Chat. I thought that's where all of the fun talk goes?
This might be GC, but there is a limit to the spam that I will tolerate. ~ Leeza
Okay, okay, I get the picture. So we have to stop Rubah because spam is bad. Hmm... I've got it! I'd send her a PM asking her why she's posting so much and telling her that it's getting a little out of control. Since she's a CK, there's a good chance that she's either not realizing that she's posting so much or perhaps she just happened to drink five sodas and is on a caffiene rush. Either way, it's most likely a temporary, unintentional occurance and a nicely worded PM will help to sort things out.

Eight down, two to go. I'm pumped, Leeza. Shall we check out number nine?
<b>9. Hsu hasn't performed a moderative action in a year. Pick a course of either trying to drive him off staff or drive him to activity and state how you would do it. Assume that Loony BoB is on your side and no one else is.</b>
Uh-oh, this means you and I are against each other on this subject, Leeza. Don't worry, whatever you post about Hsu I'll go behind you and edit it so you're in agreement with us. How awesome is that?
Do not touch a Mod's edits. ~ Leeza
Fine, fine. We'll just have to do this the old fashioned way. Hmm, should he stay or should be go? Hsu seems to have a pretty good head on his shoulders, so if he were to lapse into inactivity, I'd want him back in action. I would probably start by PM'ing him, assuming he's still active, and ask him why he's pulling a Yams. I would hope that a private discussion with him would shed some light onto the situation. Maybe he's inactive because life is busy, maybe he doesn't care or maybe he's always the last to the party and misses any modding opportunities. After having this discussion, if he's not going to pick up his modding activities without good reason, then I'd probably have to side with the others and ask him to step down.

Last question. Let's do this!
<b>10. Congratulations! You've just been made a Cid's Knight and you've decided to host a EoFF meetup at your house to celebrate. While you and your fellow EoFF buddies are partying it up, several people manage to browse a bit through the staff forum via your personal computer. What do you do?</b>
Me? Host a meetup? With EoFFers? In my house? Hah! Surely you jest. Anyways, I would need to see who browsed my machine. You never know, there could be a chance that it was just CKs and Admins, in which case I would be more worried about them browsing my porn stash than EoFF. If it was non-forum staffers though, I would have to alert the rest of forum staffers of my failure as a CK on my opening night and hope they take pity on my souls. Damage control, basically.

And that's it! We're done Leeza. Thank you for your help, you were wonderful. I say we take a picture of the two of us to show everyone what a great team we make. Don't you know what they'd say?
Photoshopped ~ Leeza
Yeah, probably. Oh well, it's their loss. I guess it's time to go for now. Thanks Leeza!
Good bye. ~ Leeza
Good night everyone!

edczxcvbnm
04-04-2008, 03:39 PM
I think I need to elaborate on #6 some more XP

<b>There are no second accounts. You should explain to psy that it was your old second account and that you have not used it in forever. You forgot it existed but this should not go as a mark against crashNumbers for his possible future reinstatement.</b>

That is what was and here is what I am adding to it

<b>This question states that it was an old second account that you have not used in sometime. As a mod you get a second account to test stuff out right? If I have not used this one in quite sometime then I must have forgotten about it and probably made a new one when becoming a knight. It becomes a memory trigger thing where you see the name and go 'Hey....wasn't that mine like 4 years ago?' XD

Due to how I interrupt the question, I would have no need for this 3rd account in the future and if I really wanted it again I could always name change my brand new Knight second account or delete the knight second account and use that one as my knight second account.

This question just sounds like a trick question on so many levels XD</b>

Crossblades
04-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Questions:

Seems to me double posting is never ok, unless you needed to say something really important

I dont seem to know this one

Warn button should be used when members are causing trouble or when they're not following forum rules

Once a member is banned, they stay banned

There is no cursing allowed whatsoever

I dont have a second account, but if I did have one, I would tell Psy I would use that second account for undercover stuff

I would tell him that what he's doing is wrong and we would lose lots of members and the site would close down. If he ignores it, I would personally tell Loonybob about chrono and hopefully he does something about it.

I'd tell rubah that we are mods and we are supposed to set a good example for the members. We cant set a good example if we are high above the rules.

I would provide proof. I would look up threads that he posted in that should've been closed. Look up posts that breaks some forum rules etc.

When I have guests, I turn off my PC before they arrive.

Zeldy
04-04-2008, 05:19 PM
In my opinion, double posting is not okay and I don't see why people would choose to do it, editing a post allows you to add that little bit you forgot. If, however, it's a mistake and has been posted twice on accident then that's different, as the person didn't mean to do it. Generally, though, I don't appreciate seeing the same username several times in a row.

Maximum width of 550 pixels (I remember when it used to be 500 pixels). Maximum height of 250 pixels; this includes any text in the signature, not just an image. The total file size of all images combined must not exceed 50 KiB (51,200 bytes).

The warn button should be saved for serious spamming or aggressive behaviour. Someone posting twice is a nuisanse but it is not unethical so doesn't need to be warned. If someone is being aggressive (in all forums but more importantly in EoEo) then this straight away must be warned so the staff are alerted and can remove of it straight away and ban the user.

Wait for two years and then ask to be considered for unbanning. I'm pretty sure that is correct, but I've never been banned so I wouldn't know first hand.

I rarely swear but from what I've witnessed on the forums there are swearing filter's for a reason. Teenagers as young as 11 or 12 log onto this forum and do not want to come across posts filled with swear words. Including a swear word between every other word is just pointless, use the spam filter if you really feel the need to swear. EoFF's policy is anyone who tries to get around the swear filter's posts are edited and if it persists the person is warned.

If I already had an account, which assuming I do, I would have no need for an old second account, so I would allow him to believe it's crashNUMBARs and wouldn't say anything if he deleted it. If you already have one account, why do you need another? :p

I would pm another admin such as Loony Bob and inform him of what was happening. Firstly though, I'd assume that crono_logical had been hacked and so confronting him would do nothing. It's up to the admins to ban, not the Cid's Knights.

I'd tell rubah through a pm that she wasn't setting the best example of how to post on a forum and hope that she would realise what she was doing and saved it for #eoff.

I would drive him into activity. I'd converse with Loony Bob and choose little activities we could ask Hsu to do to keep him active.

I'd turn the computer off straight away and say 'fancy another beer?' to distract them (not if they were under 18 ofcourse!)

Jess
04-04-2008, 05:21 PM
This is a good task.

Task 2:

If your thread is an art or writing thread and you have new piece of work to add to your thread but have had no comments since you last posted (considering a fair amount of time has passed since you have last posted instead of like an hour or so) then that is an exception.

The maximum file size is 50KB and the maximum dimensions are 550x250px.

The warn button should be used to make staff aware of posts/threads breaking the forum rules, or of threads that have been made in the incorrect forum. The warn button should not be used if there is no rule break, or to send spam messages to the staff. A staff member might also use the warn button to get a second opinion on something if they are not sure what to do.

After two years of being banned, a banned member can appeal to be unbanned. Of course, appealing doesn’t guarantee being unbanned. The member would need to show that they have changed their ways and that they can behave; what they had done to get themselves banned in the first place would also have an effect on the decision.

EoFF is supposed to be ‘family friendly’ as there are members here of all ages so swearing is discouraged throughout the forums. If somebody is seen as overly swearing by the staff they’d probably receive a warning and be asked to cut it out. If the overuse of profanity continues then they could be banned.

I would. I’d PM him or tell him on MSN and he could easily check by matching the IP of the account with my own. I’d have to come to terms with the fact that the account would have to be banned or merged with my account as they’re not allowed. ;]

I’d inform another admin of the situation firstly so that they could take action with it and I'd also send a PM asking cl_out what the hell they were doing and would ask them to stop. In the mean time I would try and remove as much of the porn from posts as possible. :monster:

Instead of making a big deal of it by making a thread about it in the staff forum and such, I’d probably approach rubah directly by sending her a PM about the situation and what I thought. If she chose to completely ignore me that would probably be the point where I brought it to the other staff members attention (had they not already noticed themselves.) :jess:

Assume that Loony BoB is on your side and no one else is.
Oh crap, I’m screwed. :laugh:

It would depend on the situation to what course I would choose to take. It would depend on whether Hsu had a legitimate reason as to why he had been so inactive or whether he was just being lazy. Either way, I would stand my ground and present my thoughts and feelings towards the situation to the staff with the hope that they would understand mine and Daniel’s side of the argument. I think we would need to hear Hsu’s side of the story, and I also think that the staff would need to be in a majority agreement before any action could be taken.

My personal computer has a password, but honestly; this is something that I wouldn’t deal with on my own. I’d make the other staff aware of what had happened to see what they would have to say about it and what action they would like to take.

Breine
04-04-2008, 05:22 PM
1. When is double posting okay? My first thought is never, apart from user notes and such of course, but I guess it can be acceptable if a newbie does it in his/her welcome thread.

2. What is the signature size limit? 250 x 550 pixels or 50 kb.

3. When should the warn button be used and when should it not? It should be used when someone has cursed, bashed another member, posted porn of something else forbidden in a reply. It shouldn’t be used for personal gains/reasons, e.g. if you don’t like another member or something similar.

4. How can a banned member get unbanned? The banned member has to wait two years, and then he/she can ask to get unbanned – each Cid Knight then has to decide whether or not they personally find him/her eligible to get unbanned.

5. What is EoFF's policy on cursing? It’s a big fat no-no.

6. Psychotic has found your old second account but thinks it belongs to crashNUMBARs. Would you, and if so how, inform him of the discrepancy? You still want to use the account in future. Me wanting to use such a second account is very unlikely, but hypothetically I’d confess to him about it no matter what, and then if I really wanted to use the account in the future I’d ask for his permission, and if he said no I’d accept it and move on.

7. crono_logical is injecting javascript into everyone's posts that makes pictures of penises and vaginas (nonos on eoff!) pop up on every thread. How do you confront him and get him banned, him being an administrator and you a lowly Cid's Knight who can't ban admin? Well, I’d send him a PM where I'd highly suggest him to remove the javascripts right away, and also inform him that I’m going to take it up with all of the other Cid Knight’s and administrators – because he is an admin it should really be a group decision among the CKs and admins.

8. rubah won't shut the smurf up. You're really tired of her spamming everywhere and you think it's giving the rest of the staff a bad, if rather active, name. How do you tell her children are better seen and not heard? Again since she’s part of the staff and a Cid’s Knight it’s not really something I can do by myself. So therefore I’d also inform her that I'm going to take it up with the other Cid's Knights and staff members, and that we're going to find out what to do about the situation.

9. Hsu hasn't performed a moderative action in a year. Pick a course of either trying to drive him off staff or drive him to activity and state how you would do it. Assume that Loony BoB is on your side and no one else is. I’d suggest that if he still really wants to be a mod it would be a good idea to become active again, or else it would be a good idea to step back, since being a mod without actually doing anything moderative is kinda pointless.

I’d immediately shut the computer down, and then when I come back online I’d give them a warning for doing such a thing. Friends or not, doing that is forbidden.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
04-04-2008, 10:43 PM
Finished Round 2 Questions

When updating a situation after some time. Or in art/poem/writing thread updates.

550x250 50KiB <-Thanks to Leeza for that one!

Use the warn button when you feel someone is being overly inconsiderate, foul, abusive, et cetera. If you feel that a CK/Admin would not permit it, warn.Also, if they are spamming horribly, you should use it. The warn button should not be used to be mean to a member in any way. That isn't nice.

When Del Murder decides to pick a random member, of course! Or after the usual two years? and all the staff agreeing it would be okay. I think. Yeah.

Go ahead, just do not go around the filters. They are there for a reason. And in the writing section, if there is a lot of profanity that you are posting, leave a warning in your title. Just remember to that there are young kids here as well.

Of course I would. I would PM him directly from my main account telling him so and asking if he could leave it intact.

Well obviously I would tell him to knock it off. I would ask, but this is too serious. If he did nothing I would be forced to bring up the issue to the other admins who do have the power. I would also be sure to take the javascript out of the posts as soon as I could. Nonos are nonos.

xD Spam harder! No, I kid. I kid. I tell her she is spamming overly much and it might just be giving up a not so great rep. Could she please tone it down. If she refuses, well, then I bring it up with everyone else.

Me and Loony BoB will, through a joint effort, convince Rubah that Stu needs a little push to get him active again. If we could get Rubah on our side there would be no stopping us against Hsu. That is fact. This would likely be done through pms and immense bribery.

Why thank you for such an honor! Party at my house? I think so! Oh no, they somehow figured out my passwords and sneaked into the staff forum. Oh shoot. Not good. Now I must kill them and dispose of their bodies in the river. Or I suppose I could tell them that was a very large nono and temp ban them. But I would likely discuss it with you guys first, because that is a very sticky situation. After I changed all my passwords, of course. After all, the other CK's and Admins will have so much more experience for me to learn from.

KentaRawr!
04-04-2008, 11:07 PM

Double posting is fine very rarely. It is only okay if the thread double-posted in requires information updates on a regular basis, and a new post will alert other users of new information, such as with RPG's which are sometimes made by members of our site, or in this very competition, when Del Murder was updating the list of people going on.

According to the FAQ, (http://forums.eyesonff.com/faq.php) the limits are a maximum width of 550 pixels, a maximum length of 250 pixels, and the total file size cannot exceed 50kiB.

The Warn button should be used when a member is seen breaking a rule on EyesonFF by either members, or moderators. This button is not limited to a certain kind of member in any way. Generally, this means that you should use it when someone is being an un-warranted butt. However, it should not be used in cases where a member is merely coming off as mean, but isn't actually insulting you or someone else in some manner, it should NOT be used to alert moderators of things unrelated to the post, it should not be used jokingly, and it should not be used due to someone's religion or belief being different than your own.

Banned members can be unbanned after a certain period of time, IF the staff agrees that the ban wasn't necessary or if the banned member has proven themselves to have changed from their bannable behavior.

EyesonFF moderators normally disapprove of excessive or unneeded vulgarities, and cursing too much may land you a warning. However, cursing and allowing the word to be censored is fine.

I do not know why I would want to use this old account, but it was likely closed anyway if he believed it to belong to another member, so there would be no reason not to tell him, unless he decided to be a jerk and land the banhammer on me.

I would likely Warn his posts in order to alert other moderators of his posts if they have not seen them yet, and then proceed to go into the Chat-Room to ensure that it's actually Crono_Logical doing this.

I would likely make some sort of witty post in response to a single one of her posts to hint that she's being annoying.

<del>Loony BoB penetrated Hsu's account and did all sorts of moderating things to himself, himself being Hsu.</del>

I wouldn't WANT to drive Hsu to do anything, but if I really had to, then I'd probably go with driving him to activity by sending him an encouraging PM of sorts.

<del>I share the Staff porn with them.</del>

I'd probably advise them away from secret stuff (if there is any), but otherwise, I wouldn't really mind. From what I hear, that place is boring.

Goldenboko
04-04-2008, 11:20 PM

Double posting is okay in a few different times. Double posting is perfectly acceptable when updating a work in the Writer’s Corner; note this does not mean you may bump a thread with a message like "OMG SOMEONE RESPOND!", but if you have a new Chapter to post you are more then welcome to post it even if you have the last post. This rule applies to all other projects, whether or not they are in the Writer’s Corner (a good example would be oddler’s hero spirits.)

A max width of 550 pixels, max height of 250 pixel, including text outside the images and the file size of all images combined cannot be higher then 50 KB (Think I got that abbreviation right).

The warn button should be used when a members has broken a rule listed in the Rules/FAQ that has yet to be fixed/commented on by a CK or an Admin. The warn button should not be used if you do not like or do not agree with the person’s opinion.

A banned may be unbanned if they appeal after two years of their banning and the staff forum has an unanimous vote to allow them back. Also, if you are less then 13 years old, and your posts clearly demonstrate you are not mature enough to post at EoFF, you may be banned until you are 13 years or older.

Some cursing is okay, but once cursing has been deemed excessive (deemed as such by a staff member), then your post will be edited by a staff member to remove the swearing, repeated offenses will result in warnings, extreme cases, in bans.

I would immediately tell Psychotic that the old second account was mine. I wouldn’t want crash to be blamed for something that isn’t his fault, especially if I was to blame. I would probably PM him, so I can privately tell him about his mistake, seeing as I have already found out from personal experience that calling someone out in front of an entire forum (or in this case staff), is not the right thing to do before a PM.

Obviously banning him by myself would be impossible. My first reaction, would probably to find another Admin, and get him to ban him. I probably wouldn’t confront him head on, because as an Admin if he really had gone haywire then he could remove my CK title, and ban me making me useless to the staff. Also, by going to an Admin, I could find out if there was some reason that he was not being banned that I, as a CK, wouldn’t know about, although if he had posted penis’s and vagina’s then there probably wouldn’t be a reason.

I think I would PM rubah, and suggest that she tone it down because she is setting a bad example for other members, especially younger, more impressionable ones. If the problem continued to occur, then I would start, by going to another CK, or an Admin, and asking if they too feel it is a problem. If I get general disagreement, then I would stop, realizing that as long as the rest of the staff sees it isn’t setting a bad example, then it may just be a lapse of judgement. If after PMing a few I see some agreements, I would probably reattempt, to PM her one more time, before checking with the CKs one more time, and calling it out publicly (in the CK forum).

In this situation I would probably start by bringing up the problem with the other staff members, saying that we shouldn’t keep Hsu on the staff just because he wants a shiny title. If you are a moderator, you should moderate. I would urge him to either A. Begin moderation, or B. Step down from the posi<b></b>tion. If he says he will start moderating, but doesn’t (we’ll say I said that he should have resolved the problem in a month), then I will bring up the problem with the staff again, restating my opinion, hoping to convince others that my opinion is right. Once I’ve convinced others to see my opinion, I think eventually others would give way. If I fail to convince others, then perhaps I should go back, and look if he has actually been failing his moderating duties, and prehaps, readjust my opinion.

My immediate action would be to switch my password, just in case a member viewed it, and to let the others know of the situation. I would recommend that the we send out PM’s to the possible people who have viewed asking them if they did in fact do this, if they answer yes, I would recommend, giving them a warning, but not to ban them, as it was my fault for leaving my password stored on my computer. If this event where to occur, it would’ve been entirely my fault, so I apologize, and tell the staff that I am ready to face any repercussions they wish to punish me with.

~*~Celes~*~
04-04-2008, 11:37 PM
1. When is double posting okay? art threads, poetry threads, graphics threads, and other threads of that nature ONLY.
2. What is the signature size limit? 50 KB or 550x250 pixels
3. When should the warn button be used and when should it not? used: when you think a post is inappropriate or offensive. not used: just as a joke or just because you don't like the person.
4. How can a banned member get unbanned? if after two years they can prove that they're going to behave and the staff unanimously votes to let them back in ^^
5. What is EoFF's policy on cursing? try not to do it at all. If it's excessive, you'll be pmed about it.

6. Psychotic has found your old second account but thinks it belongs to crashNUMBARs. Would you, and if so how, inform him of the discrepancy? You still want to use the account in future. I'd tell him that it's mine, and that I'm only using it for fun or whatever, and I'd promise that I'm not using it to cause any mischief. I'd then tell him that he could ban it after I'm done with it.

However, at the same time, they're just plain illegal and I'd have no reason to make one.

7. crono_logical is injecting javascript into everyone's posts that makes pictures of penises and vaginas (nonos on eoff!) pop up on every thread. How do you confront him and get him banned, him being an administrator and you a lowly Cid's Knight who can't ban admin? I'd pm another admin about it and take a screenshot as proof so it doesn't look like I'm only out to get him in trouble.

8. rubah won't shut the smurf up. You're really tired of her spamming everywhere and you think it's giving the rest of the staff a bad, if rather active, name. How do you tell her children are better seen and not heard? Kick her in the butt >:\ for reals though, I'd PM her to inform her of how I feel about it, but I'd be as polite as possible.

9. Hsu hasn't performed a moderative action in a year. Pick a course of either trying to drive him off staff or drive him to activity and state how you would do it. Assume that Loony BoB is on your side and no one else is. I would drive him to activity by telling him that Rubah won't kiss him anymore unless he's more active. Or if you want a serious answer, I'd say "look...we have a lot of people who post around on this forum daily, and we need all of the staff, including you, to be around...Can you try to be on more for the sake of the site and the rest of the staff?"

10. Congratulations! You've just been made a Cid's Knight and you've decided to host a EoFF meetup at your house to celebrate. While you and your fellow EoFF buddies are partying it up, several people manage to browse a bit through the staff forum via your personal computer. What do you do? "See, there are two staff forums. One is for serious business, the other one is for joking around. The one you're looking at is for joking around." Or, I'd talk to the rest of the staff to see what they think should be done.

Quindiana Jones
When staff do it!

Too small for Patrick Moore.

Should: "Shut the fuck up, you stupid dip:skull::skull::skull::skull:."
Should not: "You're such a silly billy." or "Psychotic, shut the fuck up, you stupid dip:skull::skull::skull::skull:." :D

After two years, and only if they give all the staff sexual pleasures for three months after the unbanning.

Whatever it is, I think I just broke it in 3.

Leeza would've found it years before Psy, and would have merged the two. <---- real life story.

Dingalings and Fairy Caves are wonderful pieces of God's creation. We should treasure them. Just not before marriage.

"rubah, Del says children are better seen and not heard".

PM Spoony BarD to convince rubah to join us (with some begging like "Please rubah, we just want EoFF to be working at full efficiency. Hsu is pretty much the best member of staff we've got here, so without him it's all slowly falling apart"), then get her to go celibate on his lazy ass.

Quote: "Get the hell off my computer you weird ass nerds. I'm reporting yo' asses to the higher ups and, when they say yea, I'm gonna ban y'all to ebaumsworld."

Polaris
I just saw I had passed to the second round now O_o why did u post the winners in different times

Questions:

1. When is double posting okay? When it is occasionaly updated!

2. What is the signature size limit? 550*250 max size 50kb
(being a sigmaker I know this better than anyone :rolleyes2 )

3. When should the warn button be used and when should it not? It should be used when there is a post or thread that does not respect the rules. Eg. Spamming, violence, when a memeber is rude and also if there are images containing pornography or nudity.

4. How can a banned member get unbanned? After 2 years, if you show you're able to be back and also if you require to be unbanned!

5. What is EoFF's policy on cursing? It is forbidden to use any type of cursing words. However EOFF substituted some of them so when mambers use them we type but they appear in different words like hm... smurf it'll appear smurf or :skull::skull::skull::skull: it'll appear skulls!

Well it is forbidden to have a second account so yes I'd inform him and even thouhg I'd like to have it I'd request to be closed!

'It is forbidden to post images of any type of nudity. Unfortuntely we can't allow that in this forum, we do appreciate your posi<b></b>tion as an administator, however rules are rules. And being you an administrator you should know it better than anyone. Therefore you might as well know that the only measure the staff can take is ban you'

Well first of all we have to notify her of what's she's doing. If she keeps spamming she must be banned!

I'd try to make him do some things just to keep active again like contest and things like that. However is he's not moderating or active he must have a good reason. Sometimes is work or family!

Well as long as they browse there's nothing wrong, however I would have to make my security tighter!

Next time please post all the winners at one round :(

Jess
04-05-2008, 12:09 AM
I am a bad Jess. :(

oddler
04-05-2008, 02:06 AM

Double posting is generally not allowed unless a thread needs continuing updates. See Hizzle Spizzle (http://forums.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/83402-hero-spirits-oh-mah-gawd-new-version-sept-07-play.html) for an example.

There are more than one! Signatures can't be wider than 550 pixels, higher than 250 pixels, OR larger than 51,200 bytes.

The warn button is used to notify moderators of problematic or rule-breaking posts/members. So, it should be used to do so but should not be used as a mass PM machine. It's also a good way for guys like oddler to stop member-moderating. Just letting you know.

Depends on the ban type. Some bans (Specific Forum bans, Signature bans) are lifted after a set amount of time. The dreaded Full-Out Permanent Ban can be appealed after 2 years. With a unanimous vote from the staff, you might be able to get back in!

Profanity, in general, isn’t tolerated. Some words are censored and some aren’t. Even if the words aren’t censored, you might find yourself in trouble with the staff if they feel it’s not necessary.

Well, this is touchy. To me, it seems that some second accounts are great for the novelty of certain events. I find it hard to believe that a fella like Psychotic wouldn’t know that I had one prior to this point but… it depends on the use for the account. Loony BoB penetrated me, Award Guy, Rad Zak. I mean, some of them can be awesome. If it’s an account just to have two accounts, ban it. Sure, I’d let him know either way. But I wouldn’t have a second account for the heck of it. The only way I’d consider it would be to add some good legal fun to the forum.

Nonos, indeed. I can think of two options. One, create a thread in the Staff Forum about it. Notify the staff and have the ban issued. Two, warn a post of his with details on what’s going on so that the staff gets instant notification. Either way, I would not confront him by myself since it wouldn’t accomplish anything; he’d deserve to be banned quickly to prevent something worse from happening and having a heart-to-heart with a Cid’s Knight wouldn’t have much effect, in my opinion.

Okay, this one’s a heart-to-heart for me. Cid’s Knights are leaders. They’re who most (won’t say all) members look up to and if this happens, then the members will start following suit. A little is fun. A joke is much-needed. I know I wouldn’t want to start a trend of spam posting in all areas of the forum as a Cid’s Knight because that would just make more trouble for the staff. More cleanup, more edits. Cut back a little, rubah. You’re just going to give the staff, including yourself, headaches. :(

Alright, BoB. Let’s you and me brainstorm, here. I’d rather salvage an already-experienced Knight than start fresh with a green kid like oddler. Maybe we can set up a weekly checklist for everyone? We can all rotate forums, even usernotes, looking for rule-breaking, oversized signatures and whatnot. Yes/no? How about giving the guy some empowerment? Maybe he feels that he’s not needed? Let’s give him a task. Hsu, you get to take care of General Chat by yourself this week. Hsu, you get to screen every new member this week and welcome them personally. Hsu, it’s your turn to spearhead an event and make announcements for it!

Let me just whip this out: Seven Ps. Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance. I can’t believe that I was careless enough to leave myself “remembered” while everyone was over. The information inside the Staff Forum is for members with access only. I’d tell them that if they read anything that was confidential that they are not allowed to spread it. They did not have permission to access the forum and entered another member’s account to do so. I’d ask them not to attempt to do so again.

Jigsaw
04-05-2008, 03:02 AM

It is ok when you are updating a thread about your progress in a game, or some other event (poem, story, art, etc).

If it stretches the tables it is too wide. If it looks too tall it is too tall. The file size limit is 50kb, if anyone cares about that.

It should be used when you see someone breaking the rules. It should not be used when, uh, you see someone not breaking the rules?

After 2 years you may appeal to be unbanned, and you need full staff approval to do so. Or if it was thre result of some crazy mass ban event.

Some words are censored and you should not go around the censor. Other stuff is generally frowned upon but you can get by with a 'shoot' or a 'dang' here and there.

Psy seems like a good sport so I'd fess up on it and let him in on whatever trickery I was planning. Wouldn't want poor crash to take the blame on that one.

Probably making a thread in the staff forum is the best course, and if another admin sees it they can take care of it. I would also do my best to delete the posts that he made, and hopefully he stops eventually. If he deletes the thread I made then I'll try to get off a pm to the other admins before he does something screwy to my account as retribution.

Eh, send her a pm about it. I'm sure she'll tire herself out eventually. What's being staff without some perks?

A year is a long time, but I'd probably leave it alone. He's done enough for the community that he deserves to go out on his own terms. Or I'd just wait for BoB to start a thread about it and subtly agree with him. :D

Execution seems to be the only logical response.

Loony BoB
04-05-2008, 02:22 PM
smittenkitten was unable to post when she went to EoFF last night as it was down, and she has called me on the last 24 minutes of her lunch break and I have typed out her answers (we even had eight minutes to spare!). Unfortunately she didn't have access to the Rules/FAQ over the phone, however she did ask me to copy/paste the signature limits directly from the edit sig page. Everything else to do with rules was exactly as she said it. She noted that she read over the rules three times after applying. xD Anyway, hope this will do at least until she gets home, at which point if the round is still open she might make changes. Doubt it will be, though, at this rate as she's not home for about six hours.

It's not in a new thread because then she couldn't see it, since I'm posting.

<hr />
Only acceptable if enough time has passed by and you are updating a competition or writing/art.

A maximum width of 550 pixels.
A maximum height of 250 pixels.
These include any text in the signature outside images.
Total file size of all images combined must not exceed 50 KiB (51,200 bytes).
Any signatures not following these or any signatures with questionable or problematic content will be removed/edited by staff, and you may have your signature editing privileges temporarily disabled if this happens several times.

It should only be used when people are spamming, double posting (without the proper requirements), people insulting each other (abuse), people making threads without topics, posting pornography pictures and more. You shouldn't warn it if the thread does have a meaning, they aren't spamming... and they aren't breaking any other rules.

After two years they have to plead to the Cid's Knights or the Admins to be unbanned. It is up to them if they let you back in.

Everybody should be nice to each other. If you do curse you'll get warnings, if you keep doing it then you will head towards a ban.

I would inform him because otherwise crash would get in trouble and it's my own fault for breaking the rules without telling the Cid's Knights I was going to make one.

Talk to another admin informing them of what is happening then I would discuss it with him, asking him why he's doing this and telling him that he's wrong and if he keeps on doing this then a thread should be made about the banning.

I would talk to a Cid's Knight first to get a second opinion and then I would talk to her myself and ask her why she is doing it, and give her a warning. If she keeps on doing it then I would make a thread in the staff forum.

I would talk to other CK's to get second opinions and then make a thread about how Hsu should be de-Knighted.

Tell them off, obviously. Tell them to never do it again. Tell them that anything they have seen is not allowed to be talked about, and I would make a thread about it in the staff forum saying that has happened and I am very sorry and that it won't happen again. I would then make sure I am logged out whenever I have people over, and that I lock up my PC. I would also say that I have talked to those people and told them to keep whatever they have seen to themselves/confidential.