PDA

View Full Version : My first ever Post of 3 years babah!!

Garnie
04-04-2008, 11:38 PM
ohhhhhhhhh i wish i was with ya that would of been fun garnet not happie anyways i wanna get a get together in the u.k at alton towers anyone up for it on the 3rd of may let me know
x x x x x x x x
(i still dont know why i wanted to meet up with a bunch of strange people rofl!)
That was the first ever post i made! 3 years later and im still here!

The month is April and its my aniversary on the 18th so i just wanted to make this thread about the good ol newbie days!
When i read threw some of my post's i feel so silly! like a 5 year old starting school!

Anyways....Do you think you changed much since you first joined EOFF?
start your replys with the first post you ever made!

Madame Adequate
04-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Sooooooo.

Nice forum. Rye showed me where it was. And. Yes. I've been reading Brin's The Postman and playing Fallout 2 a lot today. I also ate an apple, though it disagreed with me. "No!" it cried, beseeching me to be merciful; "I have seeds and might one day have young saplings!".

"Digital tableau..." I replied, and then I bit his soft skull open and gormandized myself on his innards.

I like to pretend that I live on a Mid-Atlantic oil rig. Such a scenario would make me feel safe from spiders, zombies, and the Soviet Union.

Hi! <3

Did you know that rust and fire are the same process?

Rawr Pangloss.

So you can see that I've slid very far from those halcyon days. I'll be at three years in two months and a couple of days.

Blue Harvest
04-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Yup, I's a newbie. I've been lurking around for a while and finally decided to join.

*Insert rest of intro here*

That was only two months ago so I don't think I've changed very much tbh.

Aerith's Knight
04-04-2008, 11:44 PM
final fantasy VII and VIII are just the best games ever created. but if you are gonna make a new one plz dont trade in the story for technology.. by that i mean that you can put the amazing graphics in the game but if the story sucks you have nothing.. further for the plot i think that if youre just gonna do laguna and his trip youre using the easy way out.. in a good FF game you have to have twists and turns in the story and if you know the end from FF8 then well its just lame.. iam not saying you have to have a whole diff story but you have to have new things.. anyway i dun care if they wrecked up the story id prob buy it anyway

Oh boy, i sure hope i improved. :p

Garnie
04-04-2008, 11:47 PM
wow! lotsa 2005ers here rofl!!
FTW!!<3

Jess
04-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Sure, I've changed. I joined in 2002 so I was 12 or 13 when I joined under the username Jesssica, however I didn't become active until 2005 (infact I couldn't even remember I was already a member of the forum! I blame the skin change) which would have made me 15 but, yes I've changed in that time as I'm 18 now. :jess:

My first post in 2005:

I just joined, so I decided to make one of those never-really-that-interesting "I've just joined" threads.
Nah, it's been a while since I've been on a FF Forum, and Hey.

Anno Domini
04-04-2008, 11:51 PM
I only use bleed when i am going up against birds that are in the way and i dont want to stop and change my weapons...it works sometimes

ugh. i havent changed at all. only a year old.

why am i not suprised?

Heath
04-04-2008, 11:52 PM
I joined a few months before Jess did and so I've changed an awful lot since I originally joined. I literally cringe at some of my old posts because I find them embarrassing. I'd like to think that my posts have improved. If only because I seem to have not quoted The Simpsons in this post yet. Posts with either reference The Simpsons or directly quote the cartoon account for about 75% of my posts between 2002 and 2004, I imagine.

Cookie
04-04-2008, 11:53 PM
my team is:
Tidus:D
Blappa
Nav Guado
Jassu
Doram
Keepa

Thorn is right Wakka isnt advanced enough by the time you can use him:mad2:

He has some of the best moves as well!

I liked blitzball, apparently. It's possible that I made that post on the first day I'd ever been on the internet personally, nearly two years ago, I think.

~*~Celes~*~
04-04-2008, 11:55 PM
The Notebook- Well, I'd have to say the entire movie is a tear jerker, but the part that really got me was at the end when they die together...I bawled and woke up the next morning with sore eyes from the crying.

I would have added more but I can't remember any! LOL

~*~Celes~*~
This post was made June 6th, 2005. I met and started dating Alan June 6th, 2006. Won "Cutest Couple" Ciddie June 6th, 2007. June 6th 2008, I'll be in England with Alan.

What else could possibly happen on that day? :p

Also, been a member since June 5th, 2005. I seem to have changed maturity wise more than posting style wise.

Garnie
04-04-2008, 11:55 PM
ooooh guys start of with the first post you ever made!! makes it more fun! you can find them in your profile page! oh and cookie i still lurve blitzball! ^^

Flying Mullet
04-04-2008, 11:58 PM
What, this isn't a real-time map? Anyway, I hangout in BFE in Colorado.
Not the most exciting post, it's in the old map thread. I lost all of my newbie posts because I originally registered as "chadmonkey" and when I wanted to change my nick to "Flying Mullet" I ignorantly created a second account. Luckily BoB (I think) was kind enough to pardon me and delete my old account.

R.I.P. chadmonkey :cry:

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
04-05-2008, 12:16 AM
I think that all the 45 playable characters are great. It was interesting to be able to get all of them. It makes the games completely unique and fun. and yes I said 45, I do count getting Lynx when you switch bodies as a playable character.

Hah. Of course, I didn't post until the day after I joined. And it was about Chrono Cross. One of the best games ever made.

But yes, I have changes quite a lot in these last 3 years. And I too find many of my old posts quite embarrassing.

Miriel
04-05-2008, 12:19 AM
I was 15 when I joined, gonna be 22 in June (!). Hell yeah I've changed! :p

Balzac
04-05-2008, 12:36 AM
I'd have Liz on mine.

WHAT
ALRIGHT
OK
OK
WHAT
YEAH

No, I'm exactly the same.

Sir Lancealot
04-05-2008, 12:38 AM
at least nobody knows about hugsy, my secret bedtime pinguin pal

They do know:)

Turns out this is my first post. I thought it was something different.

Tallulah
04-05-2008, 01:19 AM
I only joined last year, so no. :p

I have come a loooong way in my personal life, though. :)

Jessweeee♪
04-05-2008, 01:51 AM
A little less than three years ago :p

My worst post ever that I can't find right now was me being stupid and trying to insult Future Esthar. It pretty much sums up who I was.

Also I said this in a "Worst Character Ever" thread before I even played FFIX.

all of the ff9 characters. they sucked.
You suck.

geez...

You suck.
i agree

Now that I've played the game I <3 them all xD

Awrini
04-05-2008, 01:52 AM
My first post has been purged.... but I think it was in the FFT fora.
Never had a noobie thread. =P

On another note:
*sigh* Has it really been seven years?

Jessweeee♪
04-05-2008, 01:54 AM
I should have at least been nominated for Most Improved Member at some point >:[

Yamaneko
04-05-2008, 02:38 AM
My first post was deleted a while back, but it was in the CT/CC forum and had something to do with Glenn from Chrono Cross not being Frog. Apparently some people here were of the mindset contrary to my own position. I even went so far as creating a thread denouncing the nutjobs which was promptly closed by Kawaii Ryűkishi. I still have not forgiven him.

Almost seven years later and whatever. I don't gauge my accomplishments by the hour hand of Eyeson.

I'm hairier now.

Momiji
04-05-2008, 02:48 AM
Three years ago and 3 name changes ago...

I like Paladin Cecil. Holy knights are just... my thing. Sure, I would have had the Dark Ability over Cover or white magic, but I deal with it. Besides, Cecil HAD to become a Paladin to defeat Zeromus any way.

Topic: Which do you think is better, Dark Knight Cecil or Paladin Cecil?

I was such a fanatic of FFIV back then. It's still my favorite FF.

Breine
04-05-2008, 11:44 AM
This (http://forums.eyesonff.com/569078-post72.html) is my first post ever, from back when Joel, Mikztsu and Doomgaze were still around.

Many of my first posts were in the Final Fantasy forums, and I don't post there that much anymore - and I just generally acted very much like a newbie, which I don't do anymore either :P

I Don't Need A Name
04-05-2008, 12:48 PM
:eek: where r the second set of the 4 cifers (spelt wrong ;)) 4 the door in the cave on besaid island

good god i hope i have changed since being an FFX-2 fan
that was over 3 years ago though :D

blackmage_nuke
04-05-2008, 02:49 PM
wow! lotsa 2005ers here rofl!!
FTW!!<3

When I first saw this i thought 2005ers said something along the lines of l05ers

Bowser
04-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Simply hilarious :exdee:

Oh jeez. xD That was a long time ago. I used to make some really stupid posts.

Linus
04-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Nope, I'm the same 14 year old boy that I was when I signed up.

Bart's Friend Milhouse
04-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Didn't see much of Elena or Tseng ~ somewhere in AC forum

I haven't changed much since. I've learnt a lot though!

scrumpleberry
04-05-2008, 05:16 PM
I just say it CHE-lays (like the beginning of cello and...lays.)

How very boring of me :/

I never did a newbie thread. This is the only forum I've ever been on, so I didn't know they existed. Jessweeee, I wouldn't have thought it of you!

DK
04-05-2008, 06:30 PM
My first post, along with hundreds and possibly thousands more have been long lost through various purges and server changes many many years ago, a fact that I am very grateful for. :}

rubah
04-05-2008, 06:39 PM
I'm going to post here so I don't have to use the nav up top to go hunting for old posts.

hmm. . . Well, at this point Yuna, Rikku, and Auron are all about even. Tidus is riding a little ways behind them, wakka is... somewhere? and Lulu is lost with 235 def and two digits of everything else, and well.. kimarhi has 900 hp because I accidentally let him eat a couple of hp+300 spheres:)

I guess Auron is the absolute best, because just about all of his stuff, bar luck and agility is 255. His and Yuna's agility are both 227, while rikku's is about ten more than that. . . I'm missing spheres somewhere, but I can't be bothered to look^_^

My favorite thing to do is set wakka's over drive to stoic and tidus' to comrade and go fight shinryu :x If wakka and rikku's overdrives are full, I'll just let her mix up some light curtains, and have him do attack reels (at 2,000 a piece, how pathetic^^) but then shinryu smacks him around and tidus' drive shoots up to anything, and then obliteration begins^_^

I dont' like fighting ironclad dude if only because I have to haste him too to make the battle go faster (apparently if you haste him first, you'll only have yuna and rikku quick hit for about 4-8 turns(or hits?) before Auron gets hasteaga in. If you hasteaga first, you'll end up waiting twelve turns and auron never gets another hit in:/

One of these days I'll go back and get all those stupid tonberries (just need two more;_;) and whatever it is inside sin, and then I can have fun with nemesis.

And whoever is using the omega ruins to level, good luck! So much more efficient to just get five of all the monsters, buy up a buttload of clear spheres, then have your fun with don tonberry, or whatever the cactuar one is (my dad calls him cactus pete, so I forgot his name ages ago)

sorry for such a long post from a n00b:) I just thought my 150 hours might help someone^^; (and over 200 on my last, inferior game-_-)

Oh, and sorry I can't give you mp/hp numbers-- I haven't bothered getting anyone the armor, so the only piece is the one I got from omega :) dont' need it anyhow^_^ (auron apparently only has 16000 hp the last time I checked, but that was many ironclads ago)

Freaking long right? It was probably because I was BURSTING to help someone that I bothered registering. That'd be just like me >:[
I did have a point about hasting Ironclad though :D

I used to use smlies in lieu of punctuation. True story.

Randgris
04-05-2008, 07:10 PM
I let Squall be leval 20~30 but not above that. To do this you must learn GF Quezacotl's Card command. It turns monsters to cards, doesn't give you Exp but gives you more AP. thus GF abilities are learned first. I did it to Fastitocalon-F's near Balamb Garden. It's quite tedious though, I don't recommend it to impatient people. Then later in Disc two, try learning the Stat Bonus junction abilities, e.g. Str Bonus, Mag Bonus, etc. they give your characters a permanent boost by one point. BTW, if you want items such as HP Up, Str Up, Vit Up, etc, you would have to get GF Carbuncle, Tonberry, and Doomtrain. I managed to get Tonberry at Disc 2 cuz I want to have his Lvl Up/Down Command, it helps me lvl up faster or slower. When you're main characters are at least 50 and you are still in Disc 2, try going to Cetra Continent, in the forests near Kashkabald dessert. There are Ruby Dragons there that randomly appear. Once you are in Disc 3, I recommend leveling up in the two Islands. If you like the Challenge then go to Island closest to Heaven provided you have Pain, Sleep, Confuse, Berserk Magic junctioned to your Status Def. Don't say I didn't warn you... :magus:

I wanted to brag about my accomplishments back then. I was such a know-it-all. Now I've toned down to an avid role-player

Ouch!
04-05-2008, 08:30 PM
I've changed significantly.

Shiny
04-05-2008, 09:02 PM
MY favorite moment is when Squall is holding Rinoa and she says that it reminds her of her mother. So then Squall says that he's not her mother.
xD MY friend made fun of me for that one cuz she thought I was capslocking "my" purposely to be arrogant. Anywayz, I haven't changed that much since I joined with the exception of visiting the FF8 and FF7 forums a lot. I still lurk around in the FF8 forum though I spend most of my time lurking in FFX, General Chat and Lounge.

KentaRawr!
04-05-2008, 09:15 PM
My first ever post? Goodness.

I do not have FFXI yet, but I will be the best White Mage Hume, riding on my great chocobo! :cho

I've changed, I'm sure. I now realize that FFXI sucks.

Blue Harvest
04-05-2008, 09:18 PM
Which do you think is better, Dark Knight Cecil or Paladin Cecil?

Had I been around back then, I would have answered with this:

There's only one way to find out; FIGHT!!!

Garnie
04-05-2008, 10:47 PM
My first ever post? Goodness.

I do not have FFXI yet, but I will be the best White Mage Hume, riding on my great chocobo! :cho

I've changed, I'm sure. I now realize that FFXI sucks.

...yeah me too

Bahamut2000X
04-05-2008, 10:51 PM
My first posts are long gone from purges and what not. And I refuse to show my older posts from early years as I was an atypical 13 year old when I joined.

As for changing, yeah I've changed loads. I'm far more intelligent, mature, and my English isn't NEARLY as atrocious as back in the day.

Ichimonji
04-06-2008, 02:56 AM
First post at EoFF. Four years ago.

Well the order of the elements goes as follows: Yellow, Red, Green, Blue, Black, White, and lastly... Chrono Cross. Make sure that you have attack elements of every colour on your party, and that you have the Chrono Cross equipped on Serge's level 8 element slot.

This is kinda hard because Lavos usually casts something which ruins the order of the elements, but he's also pretty slow. So just attack him until you have all your guys up to like... Level 7 or 8. After that, let him attack you once more, then use the order of the elements. Then lastly, go back to Serge and build up his elements gauge to 8 and use the Chrono Cross.

~*~Celes~*~
04-06-2008, 03:08 AM
I took the quiz in Breine's first post o.o

<center>http://www.eyesonff.com/eoffquiz/del_murder.gif<hr>Similarity: 76%</center><p><a href="http://www.eyesonff.com/eoffquiz/eoffquiz.html">Which Member of Eyes On Final Fantasy are YOU?</a>

EDIT: and to stay on topic, umm...I used to be such a Rikku fanatic, it's embarassing >.> i got in a fight with rengori back in the day over Rikku xD

Woodinator
04-06-2008, 07:01 AM
That was one of the bosses that ticked me off the most...it's been a while so i can't tell you what levels my characters were...but seeing as I only used Vaan, Ashe, and Bashe throughout the game (yes foolish but i managed to get through it ><)

All i did was stock up on phoenix downs and remedys and make sure you have remedy lore 2/3 whichever heals doom status and maybe set gambits to auto-use them if you think its necessary

Only been a year, looks like I was trying to help someone beat a boss in FFXII (obviously) I hope I don't make posts so grammatically incorrect anymore though. (I'm looking at the "but seeing as...")

Jojee
04-06-2008, 07:04 AM
The EZboard is dead and this board is pruned so I'll never even find close to my first post :p It was probably something like, "kekeke hi yoop dops ^^"

Shadowdust
04-07-2008, 07:36 AM
My first post no longer exists. All I can remember is that I told ed he was lame for not liking FFVI in true newbie fashion. :p

KH-Cloudy
04-07-2008, 07:42 AM
i didnt beat him yet cause but i did get him to green life this one time and i was lvl 65-67 with lionheart with some elixers and mostly megapotions.oh and what happens when u beat him =D

Whoa..I typed "weird" back then! :eek:

scrumpleberry
04-07-2008, 03:21 PM
The thing that bothered me most about Tidus was the way his voice acting was done - it did, as some have mentioned earlier, sound very much akin to that of a five year from time to time. And it seemed that he recieved numerous lines throughout the game that really didn't add anything other than point out obvious occurances.

However, I will say that as the story matures, I found Tidus to also follow suit. I am not entirely sure if this is in fact a truth, but, in my personal play-thrus, he steadily became tolerable, and later added some to it. This, however, could be due to the idea that I have finally adapted to his... statements and voice acting... by that point through the game.

So really, perhaps Tidus' largest flaw is that most people are expecting the 'bad-ass' character that leads the party to victory. Tidus doesn't wield an impossible sword (he in fact struggles when he's handed one) - he seems much more... bound to reality? than the other 'heroes' I've encountered while playing the Final Fantasies.

I've only been here for around two years, but this happens to my first post, which so happens to lie within a thread that turned into a ferocious battle of trolls and opinions.

DUDE, I thought you were EoFF years older than me! Christ, I can remember that thread being one of the first I saw/posted in. That's weird.

Calliope
04-12-2008, 12:36 AM
Indeed, I've been posting here long enough that my every cell has withered/regenerated, I've coasted through various education systems, cashed in scholarships, handouts, salaries and international currencies, and I have even mastered the art of the shift key. Oh, great golly, what of the next eight years?

Christmas
07-11-2022, 05:52 AM
Some of the creatures here first post was like 2 decades ago. Fossil, seriously.

Quindiana Jones
07-11-2022, 12:59 PM
I'm sure we've all aged terribly.

Tigmafuzz
07-14-2022, 06:47 PM
My frayed cyberskin is dangling off my appendages as we speak.