PDA

View Full Version : Disclaimer

Miriel
04-05-2008, 12:07 AM
Hey guys, this competition is supposed to be a fun interactive event for EoFF. While we appreciate that people are getting really involved, our intentions for this competition was never to cause people to get too invested, too obsessed, or too hurt over it.

So take a deep breath. Relax.

Have fun with the challenges, do your best, but if it doesn't work out please don't take it personally.

If you get cut, hopefully you'll have fun reading the confessionals and cheering other people on. Basically, you guys, don't stress!

~*~Celes~*~
04-05-2008, 12:10 AM
Yeah, come on guys...Do your best and then you can say you went down with a fight ^^

Dolentrean
04-05-2008, 12:11 AM
Exactly what my latest confession was warning about :shifty:

Avarice-ness
04-05-2008, 12:16 AM
I can't say I wouldn't be pretty sad if I was cut, but I wouldn't let it hinder my posting here. Just because you don't have an admin or CK or staff title by your name doesn't mean you can't help out. :D

Miriel
04-05-2008, 12:21 AM
You are not allowed to be sad! NOT ALLOWED.

~*~Celes~*~
04-05-2008, 12:26 AM
Being sad means you get banned >:\

Flying Mullet
04-05-2008, 12:27 AM
To be fair to those that are taking this too seriously, you're dangling a <b>very</b> large carrot in front of them.

Rye
04-05-2008, 12:27 AM
But Miriel Tyra, you snap at girls who just laugh when they get kicked off of the competition! They don't know where you come from! :jess:

ljkkjlcm9
04-05-2008, 12:29 AM
Hey I'm just here to have fun. If I don't get the job, someone more qualified probably did, and it's for the betterment of the site. If I do get it, yay.

THE JACKEL

Old Manus
04-05-2008, 12:30 AM
I would've thought taking stuff like this too seriously wouldn't be mod material anyway.

Captain Maxx Power
04-05-2008, 12:32 AM
If you're going to give us a confessional we have to fill out regularly and then post the results in strange "brackets" of sorts, then expect us to freak the fudge out!

Dolentrean
04-05-2008, 12:34 AM
I am sure most people came into this contest without much hope of winning, but then all this, "everyone has a chance of winning, just do your best guys" is what got there hopes up.

For shame staff... for shame.

~*~Celes~*~
04-05-2008, 12:34 AM
I would've thought taking stuff like this too seriously wouldn't be mod material anyway.
QFT.

Avarice-ness
04-05-2008, 12:38 AM

xD

Then I'll be happy! HAPPY I SAY!

I'll be so happy that I'll put a thing in my sig that says "I survived to round <insert number here> in the CK trials! I'M A WINNER!"

:greenie:

Miriel
04-05-2008, 12:44 AM
I am sure most people came into this contest without much hope of winning, but then all this, "everyone has a chance of winning, just do your best guys" is what got there hopes up.

No one ever said that everyone had a chance of winning. :p

Araciel
04-05-2008, 12:45 AM
I need a hug.

Heath
04-05-2008, 12:49 AM

What kind of rigged coconut shy is this?! I refuse to give up until I win that ridiculous, cuddly bunny rabbit dammit!

KentaRawr!
04-05-2008, 01:16 AM
I need a hug.

* Kentarou hugs Araciel.

rubah
04-05-2008, 01:44 AM
* allie hugs Araciel.

Araciel
04-05-2008, 01:48 AM
xD #eoff is no longer my second home. :P

Seriously though, I take this competition seriously...but I think life will go on if I lose.

Garnie
04-05-2008, 01:53 AM
i'll be upset if i am cut from round 2 but im a pretty good sport! i'd still cheer everyone on!!
<3 to all!!

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
04-05-2008, 02:04 AM

What kind of rigged coconut shy is this?! I refuse to give up until I win that ridiculous, cuddly bunny rabbit dammit!
We all know it is at least slightly rigged towards the people that they believe could actually make it. Just read my confessional, I explain it all in there. Oh wait...

xD #eoff is no longer my second home. :P

Seriously though, I take this competition seriously...but I think life will go on if I lose.
As well we all should. Just not to seriously. We have to keep a happy attitude about it because Miriel said no sadness.

Anyways, while I will take this seriously while competing, until I lose(if I do, big IF:p ), and then I will cheer my favorites on. Again, see confessional. Oh wait...

Momiji
04-05-2008, 02:17 AM
Hey guys, this competition is supposed to be a fun interactive event for EoFF. While we appreciate that people are getting really involved, our intentions for this competition was never to cause people to get too invested, too obsessed, or too hurt over it.

So take a deep breath. Relax.

Have fun with the challenges, do your best, but if it doesn't work out please don't take it personally.

If you get cut, hopefully you'll have fun reading the confessionals and cheering other people on. Basically, you guys, don't stress!

Isn't this just common sense for being a good sport?

Araciel
04-05-2008, 02:22 AM
Yes, which begs the question....why do we need this thread? But we all know the answer, and I'm not going to say it.

Roto13
04-05-2008, 03:57 AM
If I don't become a CK, I'll die! I'll just die! D:!!!

Linus
04-05-2008, 04:14 AM
If I don't become a Cid's Knight, I'll kill Roto. I'll just kill Roto! D:!!!

Dolentrean
04-05-2008, 06:16 AM
If Linus dosen't become a Cid's Knight I'll watch him kill Roto. I'll just watch him kill Roto! D:!!!

Araciel
04-05-2008, 06:17 AM
You can't kill what's already dead...Shame on you for filling them with false hopes, Rotoshop.

The Unknown Guru
04-05-2008, 07:01 AM
Heh. I'm out. Didn't get home until about half an hour ago. Fortunately, I didn't take the thing too seriously.

Polaris
04-05-2008, 10:41 AM

Stress makes wrinckles :bigsmile:

Breine
04-05-2008, 11:25 AM

Haha xD Okay then..

Garnie
04-05-2008, 11:27 AM
..this thread js lost its point completly!!

Randgris
04-05-2008, 03:08 PM
This is the first time I ever did something like this and it is kinda exciting. I don't really care if I get cut off (If I do make it to the finals then that's just a plus but personally, being one of the trainees already is an honor), maybe it ain't my time to be a CK yet. I will try again, nothing could dampen my spirit.

KentaRawr!
04-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Well, I guess I'm taking it a bit too seriously. I've barely posted in any other section at all since this started, and when I look at the other people in the competition, it looks more like the fun of the Ciddies than anything, and yet it feels entirely different to me.

Captain Maxx Power
04-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Also on another note we've been explicitly told we're being monitored CONSTANTLY, especially in our confessionals. It wasn't said outright, but it was hinted that if we didn't stay active in the confessional is would hamper our chances. So yeah, if we're freaking out that's why.

Randgris
04-05-2008, 04:55 PM
We need to update our confessionals? I thought it was for a one time thing?

Goldenboko
04-05-2008, 04:56 PM
I agree with Maxx, seriously mixed messages. Don't freak out, just a game, don't be offended, but... EVERYTHING YOU DO INCRIMINATES YOU AH!

xD

Rye
04-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Yeah, they want you to update them. I update mine about once a day. Not that much. xD

KentaRawr!
04-05-2008, 07:01 PM
What? Really? o_O So I've got to put more into my posts?

RIDUCKULOUS

Peegee
04-05-2008, 10:06 PM
You're obviously doing fine if you're still in the game. Don't start spazzing and second guessing everything you do now.

Bahamut2000X
04-05-2008, 10:19 PM
I agree with PG. If your this far then your doing something right and have shown to have some level of maturity, activity, and the other CK qualities they are looking for.

Really I wouldn't spaz too much. Just check up a few times a day and go on with your life if you need to.

Lucky me I have no social life so I can stay on all day. :monster:

Peegee
04-05-2008, 11:14 PM

I hope that doesn't give you bonus points.

PG works from home btw *nudge nudge*

Bahamut2000X
04-05-2008, 11:17 PM

I hope that doesn't give you bonus points.

Do you think I would be so sneaky as to do something like that for bonus points?

:shifty:

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
04-05-2008, 11:19 PM
I'm lucky enough that this started on my Spring break. And right after I got back from my traditional road trip. So I can just sit around for the next couple days and be here for it. At least until my evening plans kick in.

But once school starts I will be back to mornings before school and evenings.

smittenkitten
04-06-2008, 10:02 AM
If anyone doesn't know how to cope with the stress I can always quote from my stress report on "How to Cope With Stress". :) If you need to talk I'm always happy to talk to eoffers. ^__^