PDA

View Full Version : Computer monitor/video blues

Bahamut2000X
04-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Well today I was moving and just moved my computer around in my room and took apart all the wires and doo-hickies so that I could get my desk out. Then reset it up in a ghetto style on the floor. But now when I boot it up I see the initial screens with ram load up and stats and what not, but then I never make it to the actually windows loading screen.

Now I'm perplexed as I barely did much to it, just moved it around and dust out the inside of it. I'm not sure if it's my video card (which I took out, cleaned a bit after it didn't work and put back in to no avail) or my monitor.

Anyone have some clue as to what it might be? If you help fix it I'll love you long time! :love:

crono_logical
04-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Does it actually say anything or is it blank after showing all that info? Video card's probably ok since you're seeing something, though it wouldn't hurt to check it's still in its slot properly. Same for all other cards, check they haven't been dislodged when you moved the computer. I'd also check the hard drive cables haven't come out too, since I'd guess that's what it can't see :p

Bahamut2000X
04-05-2008, 09:09 PM
I only adjusted the video card, but I'll give the rest of it a shot.

EDIT: Bah double checked all my connections and ended up tightening the power supply cable leading to the hard drive, but still nothing changed. Still just a blank screen after that initial boot up screen.